HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
The season is cooked. I'm convinced now.

Absolutely incredible the lack of common sense by both sides on how badly this reflects on the sport.
Ya, I'm starting to get much more pessimistic about this too. I didn't think they could be so stupid as to kill a golden goose like the Winter Classic.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

So was the Winter Classic cancelled or no? It looks like it hasn't been confirmed. That POS Eklund is the only one that says it was. In the same breath still being mr positivity like he has been ever since this lockout.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
So was the Winter Classic cancelled or no? It looks like it hasn't been confirmed. That POS Eklund is the only one that says it was. In the same breath still being mr positivity like he has been ever since this lockout.
yes it's cancelled.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Alright so for that matter. I doubt we'll see NHL hockey before the date the Winter Classic was supposed to be held.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Alright so for that matter. I doubt we'll see NHL hockey before the date the Winter Classic was supposed to be held.
2014 will be return of NHL

Old
11-02-2012, 05:17 PM
downtown56

DarrenDreger: As we just discussed on Sportscentre. NHL advised PA it will absorb share of Make Whole provision. This is a considerable concession.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
DarrenDreger: As we just discussed on Sportscentre. NHL advised PA it will absorb share of Make Whole provision. This is a considerable concession.
Fehr will demand NHL absorb entire share and send everything back to square one so dont get excited

Old
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
2014 will be return of NHL
I'm starting to think so too. Despite that Dreger tweet just posted. I will not be suckered by them again. I got a little bit of a boner after the big hype a couple weeks ago with the NHL's proposal. I don't trust them.

Also this NHL vault service from NHL.com I'm cancelling it until they give me some current hockey to watch. I would have cancelled it last month had I not realized they were automatically taking it out of my credit card monthly. Not to mention I'm trying to use it right now, and it's been acting like **** for days now, and I'm pretty sure it's not my machine. They can't even get that right for me those pieces of ****! I can make better use for the 5 bucks a month until they give me some current hockey to watch. Especially with how unreliable it has been the past 2 days.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

As soon as Fehr stepped into PA leadership role I lost all hope for 2012-13 NHL season. And after Fehr refused to work off the owners proposal I lost all hope for 13-14 season

Will be entertaining when players union folds in summer of 2014 and the deal they get is far , far , far worse then the owners offer

Old
11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
The magnitude is very important. Cancelling the WC has no direct co-relation to when the games might be scheduled, should they come to an agreement.

There is (still) a chance.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As soon as Fehr stepped into PA leadership role I lost all hope for 2012-13 NHL season. And after Fehr refused to work off the owners proposal I lost all hope for 13-14 season

Will be entertaining when players union folds in summer of 2014 and the deal they get is far , far , far worse then the owners offer
I can't get over how some of these players are saying ''I'm willing to sacrifice my career for the future, because guys before me sacrificed theirs for mine.'' Sean O'Donnell said this in an ESPN interview recently. I think the other day. By the way did he suck for you guys as bad as he did 11 years ago with us?

I can't believe he really thinks that. What a joke. What did the players sacrifice who came before him? This is a guy who's been in the league for ALL THREE lockouts now! I know using O'Donnell is a bad example because he's irrelevant, and his career is likely over whether there's a lockout or not. He's not the only older player who's said this either. Aren't there any older players who just wanna play? **** the union!

Old
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM
apice3*

If they lose the 2013-14, the sport might as well not even come back.

Every die hard will comeback in 2013. Every single one. If you go two years without hockey, some of the diehards are going to forget what it's like to be a diehard and find something better to do.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:30 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Why do we think that this would carry over into next season as well?

Old
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Why do we think that this would carry over into next season as well?
I don't think it will carry over into next season. In fact I don't THINK it will wipe out this season. But I wouldn't be surprised. I would be surprised if it took out next season though. If this season is indeed wiped out though, and when that happens I will start to think it might go into next season.

When this all started over the Summer I didn't think it would go past September 15th. If it did I figured it would be resolved by early October. Boy was I wrong.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
The NHL's verbal offer to absorb some or all of Make Whole was made Tuesday. 3 days ago?? PA wants more detail before getting too excited.

Now see if this is as advertised and the PA doesn't take this then they can play hide and go **** themselves.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
The NHL's verbal offer to absorb some or all of Make Whole was made Tuesday. 3 days ago?? PA wants more detail before getting too excited.

Now see if this is as advertised and the PA doesn't take this then they can play hide and go **** themselves.
It's Donald Fehr. I'm not getting excited anymore though. They've suckered me too many times now.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Also can confirm tonight, in person meetings between the League and the PA will occur "in the next few days"
git er dun

Old
11-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
git er dun
I am gonna guess Fehr walks in with a piece of paper that totally doesn't attempt to build off any of the owners offers and the league walks out as soon as he places it on surface of table

NHLPA has no intention of playing 2012-13 season

Old
11-02-2012, 07:39 PM
apice3*

Seasons over as far as I'm concerned. When the Classic went, my hope went with it.

If the season is fully cancelled, the lockouts will have won more Cups than any team since 2003.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

So.....Whose up for some Golf?

Old
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Watching Dreger shred Allan Walsh's conspiracy theories on twitter is just far too amusing.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown56 View Post
I still have not understood what this "make whole" stuff is talking about. Anybody care to explain it to me in plain English instead of the lawyer speak?

Old
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Have had no power since the storm. I see now there is no classic. Bettman and Players do you realize your killing the sport your suppose to represent or are the dollar signs to big for you to see it. Morons

Old
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I still have not understood what this "make whole" stuff is talking about. Anybody care to explain it to me in plain English instead of the lawyer speak?
IIRC, it means the owners will honor all current contracts but the 13% of salary owed this season that falls outside the players' share were it to be 50/50 is paid in later years.

Basically, a convoluted way of getting to 50/50 without writing hard percentages for the first few years.

Also,

Quote:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
The NHL and NHLPA will meet as early as tomorrow or as late as Monday. I'll have more on that shortly.

inb4 fehr shoots everything down

Old
11-02-2012, 09:20 PM
CerebralGenesis

Fehr cancels the meeting and will blame Bettman

Closed Thread