Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Houston Aeros vs OKC 11/2

Old
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
we pretty much controlled play after the first. Too bad it won't be that easy w/out Granny and Bacon.

edit: if i were an Oiler fan, i'd be worried that the Barons look as disjointed (if still brilliantly talented) as the big club. something is definitely not right there. They should be better.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fin9*

vCash: 500
dirty or not still feel so ****ing frustrated -.-

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
whoa wtf is with this......

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Fiddie

Oilers fan apologizing for the way any Oilers fans acted today on your board or ours, their is no need for that. Hope both of your players are ok and wish them a speedy recovery if not. Cheers.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Loffer

vCash: 954
i only hope granlund is okay. knee injuries can be bad and affect your game rest of your career. just bad luck tho, a freaking accident, it seemed his knee bent wrong way.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

I realize that tensions are high after tonight's game, but I just wanted to come in and wish both Granlund and Brodin good luck and swift returns, both are exceptional young players.

11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Oilers fan apologizing for the way any Oilers fans acted today on your board or ours, their is no need for that. Hope both of your players are ok and wish them a speedy recovery if not. Cheers.
Fair enough, accepted. To be honest, the only mistake (minus a couple of troll posts directed at me) was to come here in the first place.

Not that I didn't go overboard as well, so apologies are due from me, too. It's just seeing division rivals farm team injuring two of your best prospects... It's a disaster.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:00 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Like I said, there are some fans who cross the lines on both boards, and then some who are respectful. Now, about that avatar of yours.....

I'd like to go over and apologize on the Oilers' board for some things, but don't want to stir the pot. So to any visiting fans on here, pass the word over there.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

There were some very classless remarks made on HFOil and for that I am sorry, I dealt with them as soon as I possibly could. That said the main sentiment there is the correct one, we hope that your kids will be o.k. in short order. All fanbases have fans that make the rest of their fanbase look bad.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I realize that tensions are high after tonight's game, but I just wanted to come in and wish both Granlund and Brodin good luck and swift returns, both are exceptional young players.
Saw your post over at EDM board. Didn't comment on it there as I'm not allowed to do so, but being honest, good job handling the situation.

To be honest, aside from posts like this we should just stay off each other's boards, especially GDT:s. It'll just get ugly.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

we're going to get so smoked tomorrow

Old
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Like I said, there are some fans who cross the lines on both boards, and then some who are respectful. Now, about that avatar of yours.....

I'd like to go over and apologize on the Oilers' board for some things, but don't want to stir the pot. So to any visiting fans on here, pass the word over there.
Seconded. I don't think I'm very welcome there at the moment.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:04 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quite honestly, I'm not upset right now about the hits...rather upset at the thought of the results of them.

Go figure. Just when the Wild and Oilers could get some hate brewing between them in a few years, they'll be moving out of the same division.

Old
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
we pretty much controlled play after the first. Too bad it won't be that easy w/out Granny and Bacon.

edit: if i were an Oiler fan, i'd be worried that the Barons look as disjointed (if still brilliantly talented) as the big club. something is definitely not right there. They should be better.
The current edition of the Barons is actually fairly similar to the Oilers. And by that I mean their bottom 3 defensemen are garbage.

Marincin and Schultz carry the load, and Marincin was (apparently) hurt at the end of the first. Davidson being diagnosed with cancer doesn't help either.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GMofOilers

Just a little update from twitter

Quote:
Tom Gazzola ‏@TomGazzola
Hall said during post-game media scrum that he heard Brodin broke his collarbone on the hit that got him ejected from the game.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

collarbone is way better than headbonk for the long term health. godspeed, young bacon.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Fiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Fair enough, accepted. To be honest, the only mistake (minus a couple of troll posts directed at me) was to come here in the first place.

Not that I didn't go overboard as well, so apologies are due from me, too. It's just seeing division rivals farm team injuring two of your best prospects... It's a disaster.
Haha i made it when Comrie played for the Oilers and just haven't been bothered to change it since.

I can't speak for the mods, BBO can maybe clarify, but I don't see any reasons why fans cant go to each others boards as long as the talk is civil and doesn't degrade into name calling and personal attacks. Especially if it is to apologize for past behavior. If that wasn't allowed I would seriously question why we have a discussion forum in the first place.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:11 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:
collarbone is way better than headbonk for the long term health. godspeed, young bacon.
(Let's pretend my username is wild-dude, because I'm not here to discuss injuries)

Where does the nickname Bacon come from for Brodin? Is he actually called that by teammates? If so, one of the more badass nicknames out there.

Speedy recovery to both your guys.

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
No kidding, especially for a smaller guy like Brodin.

It's still a fairly lengthy recovery (6-8wks), but I don't think that should be much of a matter, it being a lock-out and whatnot. Plus as a professional athlete he'll have access to some top-notch physiotherapy to help re-gain the strength necessary to play.

I don't think it's a suspendable hit by Hall - he turned the jets on racing for the puck, and Brodin bent forward for it just as he arrived. It's a 50/50 puck at that point.

If anything the mistake was Hall's though - choosing to hit a player in that position while going for the puck. But it being the situation it was (2 players going for a 50/50 puck) - there's no way the AHL will suspend him IMO.

In actuality the hit was legal - Hall hit Brodin's shoulder. But to anyone viewing it, we can see what was wrong with it - he took advantage of a player in a prone position. The hit instantly put him off-balance and he fell awkwardly into the boards.

Thank goodness it's just a collar-bone.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
BTW, it's not too shocking to see no Aeros players are tweeting after tonight's game.

They usually do it after every game since pre-season.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Haha i made it when Comrie played for the Oilers and just haven't been bothered to change it since.

I can't speak for the mods, BBO can maybe clarify, but I don't see any reasons why fans cant go to each others boards as long as the talk is civil and doesn't degrade into name calling and personal attacks. Especially if it is to apologize for past behavior. if that wasn't allowed I would seriously question why we have a discussion forum in the first place.
I don't see anything wrong with fans going to other team's forums either as long as it's not to troll and/or if it's during an intense situation like we just saw. It's too risky. But I'll be the first to admit that after seeing an opponent get hurt, that I've broken that rule by immediately going over to the other board to wish the guy a speedy recovery. Thankfully those intentions didn't start a war, but it's a gamble that probably shouldn't be taken.

I just flipped out when someone gave the impression that their fan base never wished harm on guys when as we've discussed, every fan base has had those moments. It's so easy to fly off the handle right now everyone is tensed up from this damn lockout. There are no excuses. People (myself included) get ticked and cross the line. Hopefully an hour after the game, we can calm down a bit. We don't have to be happy, but just in a state where we can talk without throwing mud.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Fedun is a bit of a ... offensive comment. Disliked that more than i took offense at the hits.

Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Could anyone characterize the leg injury for Granlund for me? The video quality is a bit grainy.

1) Which leg was it that bent awkwardly?
2) Which direction did his knee seem to go? Inwards? (MCL, commonly associated with ACL/meniscal damage = pretty serious when ACL involved) Or outwards (LCL, which is harder to fix than MCL but less commonly associated with ACL injury)

Old
Baggie

Just wanted to say it was painful to see your top prospects getting injured and in the aftermath seeing fans acting like idiots here (both ways). I'm an oiler fan (don't care so much who wins in the AHL though) but I'm also always been a Granlund fan and it pains me to see him injured like that. It will be so much less exciting to watch tomorrow's game if Brodin & MG won't play. Hoping they are not seriously injured.

Baggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Fedun is a bit of a ... offensive comment. Disliked that more than i took offense at the hits.
Just a bit confused as to why Fedun's being mentioned in fan frustrations here. I thought they'd be more directed at Hall/Teubert (guys who dealt the hits). Did he hit/do someone/something I didn't see in the game?