Notices

Houston Aeros vs OKC 11/2

Old
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
(Let's pretend my username is wild-dude, because I'm not here to discuss injuries)

Where does the nickname Bacon come from for Brodin? Is he actually called that by teammates? If so, one of the more badass nicknames out there.

Speedy recovery to both your guys.
Something about how to bulk up before last season in Sweden he ate a lot of Bacon? Or his teammates always got him bacon before games?

Something to that effect. It carried over when he came state-side.

And thanks for the support Oilers fans. Even though you're "rivals", and I use that term loosely, I know you guys have faced similar situations. Its nice to see some support.

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:21 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with fans going to other team's forums either as long as it's not to troll and/or if it's during an intense situation like we just saw. It's too risky. But I'll be the first to admit that after seeing an opponent get hurt, that I've broken that rule by immediately going over to the other board to wish the guy a speedy recovery. Thankfully those intentions didn't start a war, but it's a gamble that probably shouldn't be taken.

I just flipped out when someone gave the impression that their fan base never wished harm on guys when as we've discussed, every fan base has had those moments. It's so easy to fly off the handle right now everyone is tensed up from this damn lockout. There are no excuses. People (myself included) get ticked and cross the line. Hopefully an hour after the game, we can calm down a bit. We don't have to be happy, but just in a state where we can talk without throwing mud.
It's definitely understandable. Oiler fans went through the same thing last season with Hall getting hurt in a similar way (only he slipped instead of leaning to try and poke the puck away), and I was wanting revenge as much as anyone. Anyways though, hopefully things aren't as serious as they appear and they make a quick recovery

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Just a bit confused as to why Fedun's being mentioned in fan frustrations here. I thought they'd be more directed at Hall/Teubert (guys who dealt the hits). Did he hit/do someone/something I didn't see in the game?
it was the hard shot on goal well after the whistle when tensions were high already. hate that. i hated the hits--or rather the injuries as i didn't really see anything to complain about the oilers actions when Granny went down and was on the fence about Hall's and so reserved bile on that front. Just bad timing with Fedun's shenanigans. If i were a D on the ice at that point i would have drilled him.

rynryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Fan 4 Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Just a bit confused as to why Fedun's being mentioned in fan frustrations here. I thought they'd be more directed at Hall/Teubert (guys who dealt the hits). Did he hit/do someone/something I didn't see in the game?
Fedun let a hard shot go on net after an offside was called.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

You guys have a ton of great talent, Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, Dumba, your team will be in good hands for many, many years and one of the powerhouses in the west in due time. Your team also has too much pride and talent to just lay down and die tomorrow, you guys will come out with fire in your bellies, hopefully it'll be a clean but entertaining game. Cheers, Bryan

11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

that comes off as slightly condescending when we're down our two best players and three of our four best players. i think we'll come out and try real hard but c'mon.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
I'm out. Good job to Oilers and Wild mods this evening. Sorry we made it interesting for you guys. Almost brought back memories of the NHL.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
that comes off as slightly condescending when we're down our two best players and three of our four best players. i think we'll come out and try real hard but c'mon.
Coyle is a beast and none of our D can handle him very well. Larsson is a good player as well, Phillips was much improved this game vs. last Friday. Tomorrow night we'll likely start Roy and RNH will sub in while Hall was planned on subbing out. Yeah we'll have more firepower but we haven't exactly been world beaters this season. Houston won't roll over and die after tonight IMO.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Coyle is a beast and none of our D can handle him very well. Larsson is a good player as well, Phillips was much improved this game vs. last Friday. Tomorrow night we'll likely start Roy and RNH will sub in while Hall was planned on subbing out. Yeah we'll have more firepower but we haven't exactly been world beaters this season. Houston won't roll over and die after tonight IMO.
What convenient timing for Hall

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:38 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Damn we got smoked.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:38 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It'll be a game until the Oilers go up by two. That didn't take very long tonight; i don't know if we have the skill to ignite the fire with Granlund, Brodin, and Zucker out. My prediction is we end up chasing Oiler forwards all night.

It's so frustrating considering how the Wilds season tanked on us after starting out so well last year. Injuries.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

I didn't see any boneheaded comments on the Oilers board, but if there were any here I'm sorry on behalf of Oilers fans. From what I see, we're just concerned about Granlund and Brodin. Hopefully it's not too serious and they can recover quickly. It really sucks seeing this kind of thing happen.

As far as I'm concerned, Wild fans are welcome on the Oilers boards. Avoiding GDT's in opposing forums is a good idea though, it gets too emotional and the trolls love pouncing on that.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

we're really not even free to post more vitriolic comments on our own forums. i think it's safe to say venturing elsewhere during a heated moment is unwise.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Didn't know where to put this, so it's going in this thread. Damn if it wasn't for the HFBoards, we'd be screwed. Even without the "big boys" playing right now, we've got the Aeros and Gophers. Even with the chaos tonight, it was fun. Sure these aren't the monumental GDT's for Wild games, but there is plenty to discuss. While I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Wild.com's official forum, it is dead. No discussion of Aeros games over there. It's almost criminal.

Love this place!

Old
11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i'm not so in love at the moment. injustice.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
i'm not so in love at the moment. injustice.
Need a hug?

Just messing with ya. Yeah, the boards aren't perfect. But it's an outlet.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

yes. an outlet with rules.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
yes. an outlet with rules.
True. And sometimes they suck. But I've learned that without rules, they can turn into that other board on Wild.com where it turned into a high school lunch room before everyone left. Next thing ya know, nobody is discussing hockey...only fighting.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
What convenient timing for Hall
That was the plan prior to tonight's game, but yeah I'm sure that the Aeros would prefer that he plays tomorrow to "discuss the hit on Brodin"

Quote:
It'll be a game until the Oilers go up by two. That didn't take very long tonight; i don't know if we have the skill to ignite the fire with Granlund, Brodin, and Zucker out. My prediction is we end up chasing Oiler forwards all night.

It's so frustrating considering how the Wilds season tanked on us after starting out so well last year. Injuries.
Hall will be out for sure, RNH will be in, you guys out shot the holy hell out of us tonight and our D is bad with Marincin, without him it's horrible. Fedun isn't nearly as mobile as he was prior to breaking his leg. If we are forced to play Plante (played his best game of the year tonight, but he's been garbage this year) AND Ringwald that should mean and automatic 2 goals against right there If we play them as a pairing

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=189124

Some highlights + post-game comments from Oilers players including Hall.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Taylor Hall, who complained earlier this week of teams targeting elite players, gets a match penalty for checking Brodin in the head. Hmm.
http://twitter.com/HockeyGalindo/sta...87992897814528

Old
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

well it is ironic, isn't it.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Granlund, Brodin both injured for Aeros

Old
11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

thanks. just figured out i lost the ability to edit, as well.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I come home from working the late shift, and find out that we lost both Brodin and Granlund in one ******* game.

It's like last ******* season all over again. Except this time there isn't even a season.

The Granlund injury didn't look like anything malicious, but the Brodin one is borderline IMO. Keep in mind I've only got Fel's videos to look at, so there might be better angles of what happened, but Brodin's injury just looks like a head shot to me.

Any injury updates yet?

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote