HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Lockout (panthers related)

Old
11-01-2012, 04:18 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
A rather unexpected win today and three points for Skille. An assist on the pp and two shorthanded empty netters, one of them while playing 3 vs 6.

You should be able to watch the goals using this link. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll get a youtube up.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Tuco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
A rather unexpected win today and three points for Skille. An assist on the pp and two shorthanded empty netters, one of them while playing 3 vs 6.

You should be able to watch the goals using this link. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll get a youtube up.
It works. Thanks.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Great8Cam

Season could start December 1 or 2 I think. Let's see what happens.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
zeroG

with no winter classic? that'd be unfortunate.

given the health of this squad right now, a lost year doesn't seem so bad. not sure we ice a competitive team on 12/1.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
with no winter classic? that'd be unfortunate.

given the health of this squad right now, a lost year doesn't seem so bad. not sure we ice a competitive team on 12/1.
Agreed on the WC - that's the sport's main ratings bonanza event. It would be a pity to lose that. It's also true we have a number of notable injuries. But the sport could be near dead if it doesn't come back soon. I don't care if we finish last. I just want the sport back.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Agreed on the WC - that's the sport's main ratings bonanza event. It would be a pity to lose that. It's also true we have a number of notable injuries. But the sport could be near dead if it doesn't come back soon. I don't care if we finish last. I just want the sport back.
This^^^x 1000.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

There will be a hit, but people will come back, just like last time. Hopefully this CBA is 10 yeatrs long or something, so we dont have to keep going through this so often. I dont care if it takes even longer for them to get this done, hopefully they settle on something that both sides are truly content with so that the game can stabilize and isnt racked by labor disputes every several years.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
I don't care if we finish last. I just want the sport back.
Ditto. I haven't missed it as much as I did on Tuesday night while watching the Heat's Home Opener. I've never been a huge basketball fan, but I figured I'd watch it just because it's an actual local live game going on. The game had its semi-exciting moments, but I was reminded of how much I missed moments of being on the edge of my seat when the Panthers were in the opposition's zone pressuring to score.

I just want the joy of that back again. Don't care if we absolutely end up sucking, just get the damn sport back asap and both sides stop being greedy to us diehard fans that live and breathe hockey.

Fans will come back over time, but unlike last time, this is getting really ugly towards us fans. Some really are leaving the sport forever. I can see places like Phoenix and unfortunately even our arena only being half-full on some nights. Of course if the Panthers end up having a great shortened season, the bandwagon fans will probably come running again.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:10 PM
jol

Filip Kuba to Czech Republic, HC Vitcovice.
Also Matt Bradley has been playing for TuTo, Turku, Finland (II tier)

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Skille with two assists in tonight's 4-3 otw for Rosenborg. Including his goal in a 4-1 loss 9 days ago (season paused due to national team games), he's now up to ten points in eight games.

We're 3-3-2 since his arrival. Not good, but still better than it used to be.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Here's a really good article written by Sean Bergenheim,about his thoughts on the lockout. Unfortunately it's in Finnish since he wrote it for a Finnish magazine, so this is mostly for the Finnish fans.
However you can try to translate it with Google or something but that won't probably turn out that good.

http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekko...ikeaa-ymmartaa

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

SOL for Rosenborg last night. Skille assisted on the 2-2 goal and tied the game at 3-3 with 13 seconds to spare. Went on to miss in the shootout.

Highlights

12 points in 9 games. He's taken a few faceoffs as well, but is only at 40%. You can keep track on his stats here if you like.

Old
11-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
SOL for Rosenborg last night. Skille assisted on the 2-2 goal and tied the game at 3-3 with 13 seconds to spare. Went on to miss in the shootout.

Highlights

12 points in 9 games. He's taken a few faceoffs as well, but is only at 40%. You can keep track on his stats here if you like.
I love these Skille updates. Thank you my friend. It seems that Skille has continued his improvement that he started right before he got hurt at the end of last season. He would be a big weapon that people didn't account for when predicting the upcoming season for the Panthers. Also Kris Versteeg is healthy now and has been taken off the injured list. So that would be one less guy that we would have to worry about not having, whenever they start to play hockey again in the NHL.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I watched their practice Wednesday morning at Glacier, great to see our boys still working hard in a closed environment.

Theo and Vokoun on the ends, Dvorak, Flash, Sturm, Weaver, Weiss, Campbell, Kopecky, Jovo, and Mueller.

Jose still looks sharp, the others looking typical...Mueller looks extra fantastic, wish we had him instead of Wolski last year!

I jumped on the ice at the end to face some Flash-fed Weaver one-timers(I made the mistake of trying the eBay pads against him, looked like a beginner on a couple of them cuz I couldn't move LOL) ...then robbed Kasparaitis for most of the open hockey session that followed(as I switched back to my regular pads!)

...f'in Mueller, can't wait!

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:21 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
I watched their practice Wednesday morning at Glacier, great to see our boys still working hard in a closed environment.

Theo and Vokoun on the ends, Dvorak, Flash, Sturm, Weaver, Weiss, Campbell, Kopecky, Jovo, and Mueller.

Jose still looks sharp, the others looking typical...Mueller looks extra fantastic, wish we had him instead of Wolski last year!

I jumped on the ice at the end to face some Flash-fed Weaver one-timers(I made the mistake of trying the eBay pads against him, looked like a beginner on a couple of them cuz I couldn't move LOL) ...then robbed Kasparaitis for most of the open hockey session that followed(as I switched back to my regular pads!)

Hey thats awesome man! At least some of us get some lockout perks.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:

Was Hossa there too? I remember someone (GR I think) mention he was down here practicing the other day.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:16 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Some sad news on Skille. He's back in The US to deal with a death in the immediate family.

Don't have any information on which family member passed away

Edit: His grandfather Leo passed away earlier this week. Apparently the day before his last minute score . I wonder if he knew.

Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 11-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old
11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:

They left Incredible Ice because they didn't want to give another penny to the Panthers (per Weaver).

They really don't get it. Do they really think that the $350 per hour is allowing the brass to order caviar, etc.

They have no problem paying the same facility for Stanley C. lessons for Weaver's kid, or figure skating for Vokoun's daughter, or Jr. Panthers travel hockey for Kopecky or Sturm's kids.

They went from a very nice facility to a small rink with bad ice and horrendous locker rooms. Yeah, you really showed the Panthers. Wait until you catch an edge along the boards and end up with a spiral fracture of the tibia.

The lack of knowledge and intelligence from the players in this lockout is astounding.

Versteeg and Barch today is also idiotic.

I agree with so many, the NHLPA needs to gag order all of the players.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
They left Incredible Ice because they didn't want to give another penny to the Panthers (per Weaver).

They really don't get it. Do they really think that the $350 per hour is allowing the brass to order caviar, etc.

They have no problem paying the same facility for Stanley C. lessons for Weaver's kid, or figure skating for Vokoun's daughter, or Jr. Panthers travel hockey for Kopecky or Sturm's kids.

They went from a very nice facility to a small rink with bad ice and horrendous locker rooms. Yeah, you really showed the Panthers. Wait until you catch an edge along the boards and end up with a spiral fracture of the tibia.

The lack of knowledge and intelligence from the players in this lockout is astounding.

Yeah, I felt disappointed when I read that Steeger joined in on the name calling.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
zeroG

Quote:

and we know you're impartial, huh?

i think it's fine if the players want to go somewhere else until the CBA is done - i'd feel pretty silly if i were in there shoes as well. it's probably not the $ but rather the symbolism.

all the players mouthing off is distasteful but hey, they are frustrated. gag rule would make sense.

as far as the overall nature of the CBA negotiations, slow progress is being made and it sounds like this week is when we'll get an agreement. negotiations could've and should've started months ago but there's a ****ton of money on the table and it really had to get painful before both sides were willing to concede enough to make an agreement happen. both sides deserve some blame.

i don't understand the hate directed at the players, though. without them, there is no game. they dedicate their entire youth acquiring the skills we pay to see, then go out and risk life and limb for a short career. i have no sympathy for the owners. they are not small business owners; if their investment goes downhill, they have the resources to sell it off and move on. these people are not normal people like you and me.

this isn't directed at anyone here necessarily - i see this sentiment in the comments on every site. certainly some are going to disagree as well and that's fine.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:

i think it's fine if the players want to go somewhere else until the CBA is done - i'd feel pretty silly if i were in there shoes as well. it's probably not the $ but rather the symbolism.

all the players mouthing off is distasteful but hey, they are frustrated. gag rule would make sense.

as far as the overall nature of the CBA negotiations, slow progress is being made and it sounds like this week is when we'll get an agreement. negotiations could've and should've started months ago but there's a ****ton of money on the table and it really had to get painful before both sides were willing to concede enough to make an agreement happen. both sides deserve some blame.

i don't understand the hate directed at the players, though. without them, there is no game. they dedicate their entire youth acquiring the skills we pay to see, then go out and risk life and limb for a short career. i have no sympathy for the owners. they are not small business owners; if their investment goes downhill, they have the resources to sell it off and move on. these people are not normal people like you and me.

this isn't directed at anyone here necessarily - i see this sentiment in the comments on every site. certainly some are going to disagree as well and that's fine.
I was sympathetic with the players in the beginning, and they started mouthing off and the NHLPA was not negotiating in good faith.

The owners who offered the ridiculous contracts should be stuck with them, and the players should be lucky to share in the profits, but not more than 50%.

Unless, of course the players want to pony up cash for the losses for each individual team. That would be a true partnership.

At this point they get a nice salary plus the HRR money without losing anything when the business is failing.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

'these people are not normal like you and me'...and the kids playing at Glacier risking their ass making a mere fraction of what the cigar smokers are making.

I have no problem with Glaciers ice. Or their locker rooms.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
zeroG

Quote:
I was sympathetic with the players in the beginning, and they started mouthing off and the NHLPA was not negotiating in good faith.

The owners who offered the ridiculous contracts should be stuck with them, and the players should be lucky to share in the profits, but not more than 50%.

Unless, of course the players want to pony up cash for the losses for each individual team. That would be a true partnership.

At this point they get a nice salary plus the HRR money without losing anything when the business is failing.
i'd say problem is that your suggestion that "the business is failing" means something different than what the rest of us understand it to mean. there's a thread in the business board tearing apart an article on the panthers and the situation with SSE and the arena. there are differing opinions and several people on these forums who understand the business and know the details better than i do but my takeaway is that the panthers are a loss leader. so crying poor is a little disingenuous, imo. like i said, the owners are not normal people. the rich don't get richer by playing by the same rules. their "skin" in the game is imaginary; the players' is real.

Quote:
'these people are not normal like you and me'...and the kids playing at Glacier risking their ass making a mere fraction of what the cigar smokers are making.

I have no problem with Glaciers ice. Or their locker rooms.

i don't really know what you're saying what is glaciers? who plays there making a fraction of what the cigar smokers make?

i get the feeling you are agreeing - nobody here (i hope) would pay to watch a bunch of fat old white guys smoke cigars and fondle their money. i don't begrudge them profits but i will never side with them when they are trying to squeeze an extra dollar out of the people who actually do the work

Old
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
i don't really know what you're saying what is glaciers? who plays there making a fraction of what the cigar smokers make?

i get the feeling you are agreeing - nobody here (i hope) would pay to watch a bunch of fat old white guys smoke cigars and fondle their money. i don't begrudge them profits but i will never side with them when they are trying to squeeze an extra dollar out of the people who actually do the work

Glacier would be the rink in Pompano (15 or so mins east from their main practice facility-Savology Iceplex) and the kids would be our Florida Panthers (plus Vokoun and Dvo). I'm saying even the best of workers(OV, Crosby, Hank, etc) [are supposed to be] making a mere fraction of what the individual owner is and it's unfair.

Old
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Are you saying those players on teams in the red should be paying to play?

If all is fair.

Or should owners share money gained from other ventures? If so, Surely the players should be sharing all money they gain that isn't in the form of a paycheck.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote