HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Vs Jaden Schwartz + Roman Polak

Old
11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Hahaha woah, I was sure It'd get crucified for even mentioning Pietrangelo, Would help both teams in areas we both need. However it would also create a new hole for each team, so it's a little redundant.
It would create a bigger hole for us, so it'd still make us worse, but for a Pietrangelo offer that would never happen, it wasn't that bad.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
No from Avs on that one, we lose someone who we should keep who will improve as well as our best two PMD prospects (really, there is nothing after them). Pietrangelo would be wonderful, but it's not going to be worth giving up what we'd have to to get him.
But Pietrangelo is a stud. The Blues could easily come out winning this trade if all the players they received reached their potential. Personally, I'd add even more to that package if it meant Pietrangelo.

edit: After thinking more, probably not seeing as the Avs could get a 1st pair left handed defenceman for that package, but value wise for Pietrangelo I would add more.

Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
As an objective third party, I'd rather have O'Reilly than Schwartz/Polak. He's barely out of his teens and he's already a highly effective two-way centre.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Plus, there's that whole argument over who really won the trade. It could get messy for awhile and I'm finally back to liking the the Blues fanbase again, would hate to set that back!
Both sides won the trade......BUT WE WON IT MORE!!!

I do love watching the Avs play. Plenty of players on your team I enjoy watching.

For conversation's sake, what would a deal for Duchene look like from the Blues end? Doesn't really seem like we have the right parts, but just out of curiosity.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:26 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post

I do love watching the Avs play. Plenty of players on your team I enjoy watching.

For conversation's sake, what would a deal for Duchene look like from the Blues end? Doesn't really seem like we have the right parts, but just out of curiosity.
Pietrangelo but obviously we would add a ton and obviously you guys would say no.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Hahaha woah, I was sure It'd get crucified for even mentioning Pietrangelo, Would help both teams in areas we both need. However it would also create a new hole for each team, so it's a little redundant.
Nah brah. You won't get crucified if you actually try to put a fair offer out there. that said, itwouldn't happen because you just can't replace a top five defenseman. And that's not to say I think Elliott or Barrie are bad players either. They just aren't on Petro's level.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post

To be blunt, Duchene is like Pietrangelo, neither of them make sense for our franchises to move. Maybe in the future Stastny will get locked up and O'Reilly will have cemented himself into the #2 role, but by then Duchy will either have improved and we'll continue rolling 3-scoring lines OR we'll be looking to add a top pairing LD.

Until then, we need to see what we have with him, be it a 65-70 point dynamic skating center or a 90 point #1 center.

Shear value? I'd want Oshie + something significant.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
To be blunt, Duchene is like Pietrangelo, neither of them make sense for our franchises to move. Maybe in the future Stastny will get locked up and O'Reilly will have cemented himself into the #2 role, but by then Duchy will either have improved and we'll continue rolling 3-scoring lines OR we'll be looking to add a top pairing LD.

Until then, we need to see what we have with him, be it a 65-70 point dynamic skating center or a 90 point #1 center.

That's about what I figured. Avs would be insane to trade him.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:54 PM
stlblues9

Quote:

For Duchene? lol...

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
For Duchene? lol...
That's not a lol. That's pretty fair value. Duchene is by far more talented than Oshie. And this coming from a huge oshie fan

Old
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
MikeC

As an Avs fan, I would say no. I really like Schwartz and I would love to have him on my team. But O'Reilly brings a lot of things that stats do not show and the line of Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie is one of the best that a rebuilding team can have

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 03:25 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Both sides say no, so the value is there for sure. Just doesn't fit other team needs.
Agreed

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
That's not a lol. That's pretty fair value. Duchene is by far more talented than Oshie. And this coming from a huge oshie fan
So Duchene for Oshie + Perron/Backes/Shattenkirk is fair value?

I admit Duchene is worth more than Oshie alone, but not + something significant.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:

I admit Duchene is worth more than Oshie alone, but not + something significant.
You're overthinking what I posted. I was thinking along the lines of a top prospect, top pick or equivalent value. Not your top talents.

Aka, something more than an insignificant throw in like the Bozaks + Macarthurs in the league.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
underslept

IMO, Schwartz makes this proposal a steal for Colorado. Polak is one of the better shut down defenseman in the league and is very fast for his size. He's much better than a third pairing defenseman.

Straight up would be much better value consider O'Reilly has really only had one decent season. I realize he's young, has a lot of potential, and will be a very good centerman in the near future. But there's no need to give up Schwartz for those future considerations.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
You're overthinking what I posted. I was thinking along the lines of a top prospect, top pick or equivalent value. Not your top talents.

Aka, something more than an insignificant throw in like the Bozaks + Macarthurs in the league.
lol fair enough, but to be fair, most fan bases don't think players like Bozak and Macarthur are significant.

I guess I did misread your post a little bit.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

I didn't mean something like Backes or Shattenkirk. I was thinking more along the lines of Rattie and a pick.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:15 PM
BlueDream

I think that's a pretty generous offer from Colorado's POV. Oshie isn't even close to Duchene, so I think the Avs would ask for a better centerpiece than Oshie. So with that said a trade like that won't happen, but hypothetically.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Outside of Duchene + for Pietrangelo, I can't see a deal from my POV that I'd move Duchene for. Personally i'd want 2 of Oshie/Perron/Shattenkirk/Backes/Berglund, but I doubt any STL fan would that deal.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I think that's a pretty generous offer from Colorado's POV. Oshie isn't even close to Duchene, so I think the Avs would ask for a better centerpiece than Oshie. So with that said a trade like that won't happen, but hypothetically.
You're seriously undervaluing Oshie right now.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
jarmoismyhero

Not saying Avs would or should do this but I would not from a Blues POV and its not cause of Jaden its cause Polak who is severly underated.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:28 AM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Duchene has slightly more value than Oshie. Duchene is one of my favorite players not on the Blues but you are seriously undervaluing what Oshie does on the ice. Too bad we dont have hockey so you could see.

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
You're seriously undervaluing Oshie right now.
No I'm not. Take off the homer goggles and realize Oshie's offensive potential is nowhere near Duchene's, and neither is his trade value really.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 09:17 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
No I'm not. Take off the homer goggles and realize Oshie's offensive potential is nowhere near Duchene's, and neither is his trade value really.
You're talking like Duchene is some offensive superstar. He's a good player but Oshie plays a much better all-round game. Duchene didn't even hit 30 points last year. I know it was probably a bad year and it's not like that's going to be a norm or anything but I still don't think the difference between Duchene and Oshie is Rattie and a first.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

I rather doubt that the "something significant" referred to, means "Perron/Backes/Shattenkirk." Hyperbole will get you nowhere...

Duchene would be a great add to the Blues, and I'd give up Oshie and, say, Rattie for him... but that's the absolute top end from my perspective.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote