HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets players during the lockout (Brassard and Dorsett leave Austria)

Old
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
http://www.hokejcb.cz/clanek.asp?id=...kem-dresu-5399

Prospal joins his hometown team, HC Ceske Budejovice

10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh the irony. In 1993, this club didn't want to have anything to do with Prospal. During the last lockout, he lead Ceske Budejovice back to the Elite League......

11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Cyclones Rock

Dubinski Named Player of the Week

http://echl.com/dubinsky-named-sher-...e-week-p180002

Quote:
PRINCETON, N.J. Brandon Dubinsky of the Alaska Aces is the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for Oct. 22-28.

Dubinsky scored five goals, added two assists and was +4 last week as the Aces swept a three-game series against San Francisco.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:38 PM
bizzz*

Here's highlights of the AkBars-Lokomotiv game. The video starts with Anisimov and ends when Anisimov scores the game-winning goal at the 60th minute. That was a great play for him to make d-man to miss a hit. And Sanford was fenomenal in net for the Loko, once he made 4 saves in a row. Tonight Anisimov scored another late goal to give his team 3:2 lead at the 55th minute against Filatov's Salavat Yulaev.
Both Anisimov and Bobrovsky were invited to the Russian national team for participating at the Eurotour tournament.

Last edited by bizzz*: 11-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.
bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
bizzz*

Joe Pavelski without Joe Thornton in the KHL - 1 assist in 7 games so far. The best team scorers Platt and Stapleton couldn't produce anything with him at center. Now Pavs was moved to the 3rd line and tonight played 15 minutes. He was good on PK and in the face-off circle though. Someone who wanted him as a centerpiece in Nash's trade should watch a few Dinamo Minsk games.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Joe Pavelski without Joe Thornton in the KHL - 1 assist in 7 games so far. The best team scorers Platt and Stapleton couldn't produce anything with him at center. Now Pavs was moved to the 3rd line and tonight played 15 minutes. He was good on PK and in the face-off circle though. Someone who wanted him as a centerpiece in Nash's trade should watch a few Dinamo Minsk games.
So, what you're saying is ... you don't like him?

Is it any surprise that a guy produces less when he isn't playing with Joe Thornton? It's no secret that players like Thornton make everyone around them better - that's why they are superstar players. Pavelski is a well above average two-way forward in the NHL, and is at least equal to a guy like Brandon Dubinsky. Don't be surprised when Dubinsky produces less with the Jackets since, you know, he won't be on a team with Brad Richards or Marian Gaborik.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post

Is it any surprise that a guy produces less when he isn't playing with Joe Thornton? It's no secret that players like Thornton make everyone around them better - that's why they are superstar players. Pavelski is a well above average two-way forward in the NHL, and is at least equal to a guy like Brandon Dubinsky. Don't be surprised when Dubinsky produces less with the Jackets since, you know, he won't be on a team with Brad Richards or Marian Gaborik.
Don't think you could have much more of an off year than he had last year. Even playing with the Jackets I believe he can bump that.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
blahblah

Quote:
No thanks, I'd rather watch some ECHL before KHL.

As far as your rant, it's early in the season. I'm not shocked at the development. I've watched Pavelski plenty. If this 7 game stretch is your evidence, I find it beyond laughable.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
I agree Pavelski is overrated, but 7 games, during a lockout, in a completely different league doesn't prove anything.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
bizzz*

Sorry everyone who tried to watch Joe Pavelski playing for Dinamo Minsk today. He was scratched. Probably I'm not the only one who dislikes him. Intresting that today is Pekka Rinne's 30th birthday and he got his first KHL shutout.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Sorry everyone who tried to watch Joe Pavelski playing for Dinamo Minsk today. He was scratched. Probably I'm not the only one who dislikes him. Intresting that today is Pekka Rinne's 30th birthday and he got his first KHL shutout.
Bet your loving that. Bet I don't care if Pavelski ever plays in the KHL again.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:

Old
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
http://www.hokejcb.cz/clanek.asp?id=...kem-dresu-5399

Prospal joins his hometown team, HC Ceske Budejovice
Saw Prospal on the ice tonight at the Ice Works coaching the AAA Junior Jackets. I was surprised he hasn't left yet based on the above announcement.

Nanabijou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:39 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Saw Prospal on the ice tonight at the Ice Works coaching the AAA Junior Jackets. I was surprised he hasn't left yet based on the above announcement.
Was he sweating profusely?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

He was in the Czech Republic. The Elite League is on a 2 week break now.

Don't read too much into his return.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:04 PM
smoneil

Quote:

Dubi rarely played with Richards or Gaborik. He put up his best numbers (the last three seasons) when playing with Anisimov as his center and Callahan as the RW. One of those two guys is already with him in Columbus, and you guys have a couple of players who could play the RW in the same way that Cally does (Umberger is the most obvious). I would be absolutely shocked if Dubinsky didn't score 20+ goals and 50+ points in the first full season with Columbus.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubi rarely played with Richards or Gaborik. He put up his best numbers (the last three seasons) when playing with Anisimov as his center and Callahan as the RW. One of those two guys is already with him in Columbus, and you guys have a couple of players who could play the RW in the same way that Cally does (Umberger is the most obvious). I would be absolutely shocked if Dubinsky didn't score 20+ goals and 50+ points in the first full season with Columbus.
Even if he doesn't spend time on a line with them, he will still see improved numbers due to the fact that he won't be keyed on as a top offensive player. In Columbus, there are no elite level players ahead of him on the depth chart, and thus he will see more time against the Duncan Keiths, Ryan Suters, and Zdeno Charas of the league.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:08 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Even if he doesn't spend time on a line with them, he will still see improved numbers due to the fact that he won't be keyed on as a top offensive player. In Columbus, there are no elite level players ahead of him on the depth chart, and thus he will see more time against the Duncan Keiths, Ryan Suters, and Zdeno Charas of the league.
I disagree. Dubi seems to be at his best as one of the focal points. His best season (year before last), Richards hadn't arrived yet and Gaborik missed extended time (and didn't play well when he wasn't injured). Dubinsky led the team in scoring. The year before that, Gaborik was awesome, but nobody else did much besides him, Prospal and Dubinsky.

I get your argument, and normally I would agree with the logic, but Dubinsky's track record just shows that he doesn't quite fit that mold. I still think that a big part of his slump from last season was the fact that Torts immediately pulled him down to the bottom 6 (while other players like Anisimov, Callahan, and Richards got copious chances to redeem themselves). Put Dubi in the mix, and he'll come through.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Dubinsky's numbers went down last season because he was on a team with Brad Richards. Gaborik has been there for 3 seasons but I don't know how much if at all they played together during that time.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:57 AM
bizzz*

That's not about like or dislike. I just don't think Pavelski is a good player in general.
Every European league is on 2 weeks break now cause of the national teams tournaments. Right now Russian national team is playing against Finland at the Karjala cup. After 2 periods Russia leads 1:0. Anisimov with a goal, Zherdev with assist, Bobrovsky is on the bench.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
blahblah

Quote:
That's not about like or dislike. I just don't think Pavelski is a good player in general.
Well my assumption is that you don't know him personally, so you were referring to his game. Since you don't appreciate his game you don't like him as a player. You've admitted it and you also had an axe to grind since you brought it up in the first place.

That's fine that you don't appreciate his play. I don't share your view. His play in the KHL is not proof that you are correct. It's also not proof that you are not.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I disagree. Dubi seems to be at his best as one of the focal points. His best season (year before last), Richards hadn't arrived yet and Gaborik missed extended time (and didn't play well when he wasn't injured). Dubinsky led the team in scoring. The year before that, Gaborik was awesome, but nobody else did much besides him, Prospal and Dubinsky.

I get your argument, and normally I would agree with the logic, but Dubinsky's track record just shows that he doesn't quite fit that mold. I still think that a big part of his slump from last season was the fact that Torts immediately pulled him down to the bottom 6 (while other players like Anisimov, Callahan, and Richards got copious chances to redeem themselves). Put Dubi in the mix, and he'll come through.
I agree, and I think its very similar to the situation with Jack Johnson. These are players that don't want to be rank and file role players on great teams, they'd rather be leading a bad team on the path to recovery. They want the pressure, they perform better when they feel it.

This is the first season in many years that I don't have serious concerns about the locker room. I'm sure there are a few disgruntled players in there, but not like the problems we had in years past.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
bizzz*

After the game with Finland (Finns won 2:1 in the SO) Russians are praising Anisimov a lot. Looks like he's the first choice to be the 3rd line center at the Olympics. His game was called "fundamental". Anisimov is doing everything - goes to the net, fights along the boards, plays on PK, he's gritty and confident. He looks like a well established all around player. Should I say that I would take him over Pavs any day of the year?

Old
11-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
After the game with Finland (Finns won 2:1 in the SO) Russians are praising Anisimov a lot. Looks like he's the first choice to be the 3rd line center at the Olympics. His game was called "fundamental". Anisimov is doing everything - goes to the net, fights along the boards, plays on PK, he's gritty and confident. He looks like a well established all around player. Should I say that I would take him over Pavs any day of the year?
Anisimov seems like a less physical, more offense version of Svitov, is that close?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:09 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Should I say that I would take him over Pavs any day of the year?
/yawn... You would take Daffy Duck over Pavelski.