HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2012, 07:25 PM
  #426
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
But we have Gilroy

Game still tied 1-1, pack got outshot 18-2 in the second period. Talbot must be putting on a show.


Yogan just got into a fight with tough guy Dan Kelly! Trying to change the momentum. I'd assume Yogan probably didn't do so well in the fight.
Took down Kelly after taking an initial flurry of punches (most didnt connect)

Osminator is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
  #427
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Did they change the scoring on the Thomas goal? Originally I had seen JT Miller credited with an assist on the AHL site but now it appears it was modified to Haley.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
  #428
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Took down Kelly after taking an initial flurry of punches (most didnt connect)
Yogan can handle himself ok. Good experience at 20 against someone whose been in the A for a few years.

E-Train is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
  #429
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Whale win 2-1 in the shootout (only goal in the entire shootout by Gilroy)
Whale got outshot 44-15... unreal lol! Talbot was just sick in this game... 43 saves, plus all 5 in the shootout!

Osminator is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
  #430
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Prince Cam.


Last edited by Kershaw: 11-02-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: n
Kershaw is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
  #431
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,453
vCash: 500
if talbot shows he can be a top goaltender then we can trade henke for an offensive dman

ecemleafs is online now  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:53 PM
  #432
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 50
Just got back from the game. Talbot was a beast. Kreider took 4 penalties, almost 5 on a near delay of game call. Great game though.

Net Front Presence is online now  
Old
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
  #433
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Coaching staff can't be happy with Kreider's 4 penalties.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 11:57 PM
  #434
Yankeekid07
Registered User
 
Yankeekid07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Went to tonights game and have a quick story.

I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and met a few of my friends from SUNY Albany at the game. Talbot was simply unreal tonight, stole that game from Albany! The Devils did hit 3 or 4 posts though, but he made 44? saves and was 5 for 5 on the shootout, unreal.

After the game, me and my friends went down to the team bus and got pics with everyone...except for Chris Kreider. Everyone was very friendly, even Adam Henqique after telling him that I hate him for the game winner in the playoffs.

There were about 10 to 15 people waiting outside including a mom and her autistic son, who got a broken stick from Chris before the game. Kreider was the last one out and he immediately tried to go around the bus so no one could reach him. The mom chased after him asking to sign the stick, which he did AFTER chasing him down. We all were waiting for him at the front of the bus and he kept his head down, he signs one puck and says "there are too many of you" and got on the bus and away it left. After seeing all the class acts (Borque, Coach Buke, Thomas, Miller, Newbury, Hrivik, Talbot, the whole team was very friendly and seemed appreciative of the fans waiting) it was really a sad ending to a great night. I am not sure if it was him being bitter over his 4 penalties, but the way Kreider acted was just unprofessional towards his fans. I was even wearing my Kreider jersey (as were others) and he couldn't give us the time of day. I hope this was just a one night thing and his "fame" isn't getting to his head

Yankeekid07 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:26 AM
  #435
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeekid07 View Post
Went to tonights game and have a quick story.

I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and met a few of my friends from SUNY Albany at the game. Talbot was simply unreal tonight, stole that game from Albany! The Devils did hit 3 or 4 posts though, but he made 44? saves and was 5 for 5 on the shootout, unreal.

After the game, me and my friends went down to the team bus and got pics with everyone...except for Chris Kreider. Everyone was very friendly, even Adam Henqique after telling him that I hate him for the game winner in the playoffs.

There were about 10 to 15 people waiting outside including a mom and her autistic son, who got a broken stick from Chris before the game. Kreider was the last one out and he immediately tried to go around the bus so no one could reach him. The mom chased after him asking to sign the stick, which he did AFTER chasing him down. We all were waiting for him at the front of the bus and he kept his head down, he signs one puck and says "there are too many of you" and got on the bus and away it left. After seeing all the class acts (Borque, Coach Buke, Thomas, Miller, Newbury, Hrivik, Talbot, the whole team was very friendly and seemed appreciative of the fans waiting) it was really a sad ending to a great night. I am not sure if it was him being bitter over his 4 penalties, but the way Kreider acted was just unprofessional towards his fans. I was even wearing my Kreider jersey (as were others) and he couldn't give us the time of day. I hope this was just a one night thing and his "fame" isn't getting to his head
That's weird. He was awesome outside MSG last year. Hope you're right in that maybe it was just an off night.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
  #436
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
when i was a kid, I got the chance to go the locker room after a playoff loss and everyone was great except a young Mike Richter - who, as the losing goalie, stormed out. And Ricky's a good guy. I think you have to chalk it up to being so competitive and not being able to leave the game on the ice quite yet. in a sense this is probably a great sign. CK hasn't had the best regular season in CT just yet and i think it must be getting to him a bit. He'll get through it.

gravey9 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:34 AM
  #437
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYRMatt Send a message via MSN to NYRMatt
Also I remember reading how Kreider was the only one still on the ice during a charity game I believe and while all the players left the rink, he was still there taking shots and signing autographs.

4 penalties is enough to piss me off for a game.

In his defense, at the home opener this season, Kreider was on the phone and told the person he was talking to that he would call them back. He signed multiple autographs, took a picture with me and my friend, and signed my NYR Kreider jersey. The guy was a class act even after the loss.

NYRMatt is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:46 AM
  #438
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
I know I'll be in the minority, but 'chasing' someone for an autograph when they don't seem to want to give you one seems really odd. No-one is required to stop and interact with the fans. Sure it's nice, but these guys get paid to play hockey, not socialise. Yes it's the fans who provide the funds which pay their salaries, but that doesn't mean the players have to be at their beck and call. If Krieder never stops to talk to a fan or sign an autograph it doesn't make him a bad person.

mike14 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 04:37 AM
  #439
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
I didn't see the game, but I'm assuming from the 4 penalties that Kreider was just upset he had a bad night.

He's very competitive; even after a hattrick in preseason he wasn't satisfied. I've read articles about how amazing he is with fans, I'm assuming he was just livid after a bad game.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 06:55 AM
  #440
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
Yeah people have bad days sometimes and there are times when they don't want to talk with or deal with people because of that. From all accounts Kreider is normally a very gracious and accommodating guy so I wouldn't get on his case about one occurrence. Even if you always try to present a good face in public there are days when you just can't do it

Levitate is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 08:11 AM
  #441
Yankeekid07
Registered User
 
Yankeekid07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Its good to know he just had an off-night. We were all really suprised about how that whole sequence of events went down, but its easy to see why he woulda been pist off and just not feeling it last night.

Yankeekid07 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM
  #442
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Chris Kreider ‏@ChrisKreider

Apologies to everyone who waited around after the game last night. Was last one on the bus and, as a rookie, you don't want to hold it up.

turcotte8 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:07 AM
  #443
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Highlights from the 2-1 win over Albany
http://vimeo.com/bluelinevideogroup/...899/7555fd781f

Osminator is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  #444
Yankeekid07
Registered User
 
Yankeekid07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Chris Kreider ‏@ChrisKreider

Apologies to everyone who waited around after the game last night. Was last one on the bus and, as a rookie, you don't want to hold it up.

Appology accepted

Yankeekid07 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  #445
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Chris Kreider ‏@ChrisKreider

Apologies to everyone who waited around after the game last night. Was last one on the bus and, as a rookie, you don't want to hold it up.
What a solid kid he is.

Always amazed by how professional, polite and caring hockey players as a group are (in general - there are always bad apples). Athletes in other sports should be assigned behavior coaches from hockey.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:22 PM
  #446
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,375
vCash: 500
Roman Horak has 10 goals in 9 games, great start.

McDonagh is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:26 PM
  #447
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,721
vCash: 500
Dude took 4 minors, all bad minors, put his team down for about 15% of the game single handily, probably got completely ripped a new one by the coaches after the game, lets give the kid a break, who would want to go around signing autographs after that?

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:30 PM
  #448
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Roman Horak has 10 goals in 9 games, great start.
Wow! Good for him!

What an incredible start for Roman, 1st in goals, 4th in points in the AHL. What the heck did he do in the offseason to prepare for the AHL?

Wish he was still in our system but the traded ended up getting us Nash so I can't complain, well i guess I can complain since we can't even watch Nash

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
  #449
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
Wow! Good for him!

What an incredible start for Roman, 1st in goals, 4th in points in the AHL. What the heck did he do in the offseason to prepare for the AHL?

Wish he was still in our system but the traded ended up getting us Nash so I can't complain, well i guess I can complain since we can't even watch Nash
i wonder why he was such an underrated prospect as a Ranger. he did have some talent...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:39 PM
  #450
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
Wow! Good for him!

What an incredible start for Roman, 1st in goals, 4th in points in the AHL. What the heck did he do in the offseason to prepare for the AHL?

Wish he was still in our system but the traded ended up getting us Nash so I can't complain, well i guess I can complain since we can't even watch Nash
Unsustainable 30% shooting percentage. He'll fall back down sooner or later.

Erixon >>>>>> Horak AINEC.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.