HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
  #876
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
My my that molehill sure DOES look like a mountain...

Your gonna tell me you've never once said something negative about a coworker just joking around? "you ever notice how blank does such and such" while still liking/respecting blank. Cmon everybody says stuff like that who the **** cares, I mean really. Buck is injury prone. Thats not "**** talking", 99% that's just joking around, you can have fun joking with people, these are people

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:18 PM
  #877
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,932
vCash: 500
This just shows the disfunction know as the bombers locker room

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:34 AM
  #878
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
This just shows the disfunction know as the bombers locker room
Seriously? You're ****ing with me right? That's the only way I can see that...

This is absolutely nothing. Even if true, it is the exact same thing that happens ANYWHERE, no matter what team/workplace. It's just two guys joking around about a friend of theirs this happens EVERYWHERE, this is the most nothing issue I have seen about the Bombers yet...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 12:38 AM
  #879
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
I went for a post-game meal at Denny's on Wellington after the BC Lions game last season. My friend and I were sitting close to a few tables with Lions players.

They were also chatting about how Buck is good, but he's fragile.

So I had no problem believing what the 1290 caller was saying, at all.
I don't know if I would even call Buck fragile, the hits that have taken him out were all pretty wicked. Gotta admire the guy, he will hold onto the ball too long to make a play thus leading to the big hits.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:46 PM
  #880
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhfromkw View Post
I went for a post-game meal at Denny's on Wellington after the BC Lions game last season. My friend and I were sitting close to a few tables with Lions players.

They were also chatting about how Buck is good, but he's fragile.

So I had no problem believing what the 1290 caller was saying, at all.
They were eating at Denny's? That's weird.

sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
  #881
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Seriously? You're ****ing with me right? That's the only way I can see that...

This is absolutely nothing. Even if true, it is the exact same thing that happens ANYWHERE, no matter what team/workplace. It's just two guys joking around about a friend of theirs this happens EVERYWHERE, this is the most nothing issue I have seen about the Bombers yet...
The difference is that most work places do not rely on unit cohesion to operate successfully.

I know from your standpoint it means nothing, I have no clue what you do for a living, but I too work under this type of environment. If people are Hissing and talking like this behind the back of the person that is supposed to be leading them(in this case Buck, the QB, in my case some senior NCO), then it is very indicative of something being rotten in the state of Denver.

In order for this type of work environment to be successful, you need to have faith in your leadership. Especially the lower level of QB an team captain. If you don't have that, the team will fracture, creating divisions and drama. It also affects morale and the teams overall ability to bring it when the time comes.

To a casual observer, this may seem like not a big deal...but I've worked under similar environment, whether it be overseas or in garrison, if your talking **** about someone that goes into battle with you...it is never a good sign.

sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
  #882
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Nice to see the Blue win their last game at the old dump. Next year will be a good one, and I really want us to pursue Rielly this offseason, even Milt said that's what the Blue should do. I think he's a FA this winter but if he's not trade for him, give up this year's first round draft pick (2nd overall) and a starter if you have to, he looks good again tonite.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:55 PM
  #883
razorsedge
West Town Sports
 
razorsedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Sask, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Sully1410- I actually howled at what you said after realizing your military. I used to be military. It was like being in an episode of survivor or big brother. I used to wear frag vest in case I got hit by a passing blade. Lol

Those comments by players mean nothing.

razorsedge is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
  #884
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Sully1410- I actually howled at what you said after realizing your military. I used to be military. It was like being in an episode of survivor or big brother. I used to wear frag vest in case I got hit by a passing blade. Lol

Those comments by players mean nothing.
Granted there are people like that out there, just like there are everywhere(especially the Navy...), but I've never felt brotherhood like I did with the Army.

I do realize that in some areas...it is very much an eat your own mentality, but I guess our experiences differ.

I have not bad mouthed any of my sgts or Mcpls(PO's and MS's in navy talk) that I actually found to be a competent leader and soldier/sailor. The ones that were idiots, that I didn't respect...I did all the time.

You may be right. It very well could be nothing...however in my experience, it usually means that he's not respected. When it's your QB...it's a problem.

Out of curiosity, what unit were you with?


Last edited by sully1410: 11-04-2012 at 01:32 AM.
sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:50 AM
  #885
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
We're number 7!

We're number 7!!!!!!

Hamilton must really suck!

Bob E is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:29 AM
  #886
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
We're number 7!

We're number 7!!!!!!

Hamilton must really suck!
Did we actually make the playoffs?

sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 02:43 AM
  #887
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
The difference is that most work places do not rely on unit cohesion to operate successfully.

I know from your standpoint it means nothing, I have no clue what you do for a living, but I too work under this type of environment. If people are Hissing and talking like this behind the back of the person that is supposed to be leading them(in this case Buck, the QB, in my case some senior NCO), then it is very indicative of something being rotten in the state of Denver.

In order for this type of work environment to be successful, you need to have faith in your leadership. Especially the lower level of QB an team captain. If you don't have that, the team will fracture, creating divisions and drama. It also affects morale and the teams overall ability to bring it when the time comes.

To a casual observer, this may seem like not a big deal...but I've worked under similar environment, whether it be overseas or in garrison, if your talking **** about someone that goes into battle with you...it is never a good sign.
I played a rather high level hockey for quite some time, played with some of the best of the best and was apart of teams that went on to win National Titles, and apart of teams that missed playoffs. In reality there was not a huge difference in terms of things like team cohesion...on probably the best team I have ever played on, which did win the National AAA Title we had clear groups on the team where so players would not even talk to others is how much they hated each other...and I've been on low ranking teams that are all the best of friends.

But when people are joking around (and saying Pierce would get hurt getting frisked is CLEARLY joking around), it's generally a GOOD sign about the team being close and friendly. This type of thing is nothing. All competitive sports players will joke about the players on my team being "weak", or whatever, it's part of the whole locker room atmosphere, even behind their back, it's just part of being on a team, it's not "****talking". They are not "Hissing", they are making a joke about a player being injury prone, who IS injury prone. This is not questioning leadership, this is not attacking Pierce in a literal sense, it's a JOKE. If they legitimately did not like/respect him, trust me there would be MANY different ways they would handle something like that, not by joking around about the guy...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
  #888
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I played a rather high level hockey for quite some time, played with some of the best of the best and was apart of teams that went on to win National Titles, and apart of teams that missed playoffs. In reality there was not a huge difference in terms of things like team cohesion...on probably the best team I have ever played on, which did win the National AAA Title we had clear groups on the team where so players would not even talk to others is how much they hated each other...and I've been on low ranking teams that are all the best of friends.

But when people are joking around (and saying Pierce would get hurt getting frisked is CLEARLY joking around), it's generally a GOOD sign about the team being close and friendly. This type of thing is nothing. All competitive sports players will joke about the players on my team being "weak", or whatever, it's part of the whole locker room atmosphere, even behind their back, it's just part of being on a team, it's not "****talking". They are not "Hissing", they are making a joke about a player being injury prone, who IS injury prone. This is not questioning leadership, this is not attacking Pierce in a literal sense, it's a JOKE. If they legitimately did not like/respect him, trust me there would be MANY different ways they would handle something like that, not by joking around about the guy...
Fair enough.

sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
  #889
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Did we actually make the playoffs?
Nope. Crossover took care of that. Feels good NOT to suck as bad as Hamilton. :;

Bob E is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
  #890
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
I am happy the Bombers won their final game.

Thing can only get better from here...I hope.

Guardian17 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
  #891
razorsedge
West Town Sports
 
razorsedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Sask, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Sully- I was a lineman.

razorsedge is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:23 AM
  #892
Duir
Registered Bunk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
I find it very interesting how good some teams are at scouting certain positions. For instance, the Bombers are not very good at drafting/signing QB's in the last 10 years - granted Glenn was good but I'm not convinced, to me a good solid back up that can step in any time. Buck is good but I think everyones knows where thats going.

Our RB's have actually been okay in the last 10: Roberts was good, Reid was fine, Garrett is the real deal, Simpson proved to be good, and Ford showed he belongs.

Our pass rushers as crazy good, Willis to walls, to Canada, to Hall - Wpg has a knack for this defence.


Secondary is good in Hefney, Subar, and Johnson....some work to be done

Our D and O line need some serious work - pressure from the ends is the most of which I see. It is definitive when a Doug Brown is gone and highlights the deficiencies of others.

Work to be done:

Not saying this because is was all the rave, but Mack needs to go. He couldn't keep Labatte, Willis, Carr (albeit attitude issues and Matthews filled in fine), Lobo, and others. I don't want to sound like an ass but all those guys made marks this year - maybe not career years but good none the less. I get the Lobo, Muamba is a force, but maybe move Lobo like BC did with Bighill and Elimimian.

BC has a kack for QB's for sure. Also mid linebackers and some good secondary.

Seems to me our work def needs to be on our def AND off line. Boatman is NOT a starter, buy is terrible. There is a reason he was cut from the CFL in the past.

Duir is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:26 AM
  #893
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Sully- I was a lineman.
Cool, were you working on 17 wing or out in Shilo?

sully1410 is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:06 AM
  #894
Duir
Registered Bunk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Cool, were you working on 17 wing or out in Shilo?
I stayed at 17 Wing on course a few years back. Good food but no phone in our barracks sucked?

Duir is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:02 AM
  #895
razorsedge
West Town Sports
 
razorsedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Sask, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Cool, were you working on 17 wing or out in Shilo?
I was posted to Edmonton. Got rooted and stayed after my term of service was up.

Before I went regs I was with 735 comm regt. (winnipeg)

razorsedge is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
  #896
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
For the people complaining about how it's a big deal that the Bomber players were making fun of Buck Pierce, try this on for size.

Believe me or not, just something to pass along in order to dispel this myth that a cohesive locker room is the end-all, be-all of success in pro sports.

Last year after the regular season game where we whupped Montreal, I ran into Jamel Richardson, Kerry Watkins, Danny Desriveaux and Brandon London at Whiskey Dix and ended up talking football with them. They told me that the reason they lost was because Calvillo was washed up and that they wanted him to retire before the next season.

... They did pretty well this year though.

Jet Bomber is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
  #897
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Anyone else find it odd that they haven't announced the host 102nd Grey Cup yet? I'm sure we're going to get it but an official announcement would be nice

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
  #898
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Fire the asst GM? That's interesting.

TroubaFan1 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
  #899
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 500
Greg Carr and Romby Bryant with long TD's in the last minute of West Semi, both look/looked to win the game...urgh...

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:14 PM
  #900
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
I really want Kevin Glenn back. Looking great so far.

sully1410 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.