Yotes re-sign star goalie Mike Smith to a 3yr contract worth 4 million dollars a season. The deal also includes an NMC, keeping the talented netminder off the FA market.
"We know how teams like to overpay in FA for young stars, so we had to make the move to reward Mike well for his performance and proect our assets. Mike will be the starting goalie for the immediate future, and serve as a goos test to our rookies coming up to earn the spot from"
Rumours in the team say Tim Thomas is looking to test the FA market. Though if a team is dead-set on "getting into the negotiation early" i'll let his rights go for cheap
#9 is still being shopped to move down to acquire assets, or to get a scoring winger/Centre (would add for the right player). Picks #39, #53 and #69 are also on the block
As was mentioned earlier, trades can be discussed, but not sent in or announced until after the SC Winner is named tonight.
- All trades must be sent to T_Cage and TribalPhoenix or else they are not valid.
- Once a trade is agreed upon, send it in BEFORE POSTING, and then you can announce it in the thread. A deal without a NTC or NMC does not have to be approved.
- If a trade is announced prior to it being sent in, it will be vetoed.
- ALL MOVES MUST BE SOMEWHAT REALISTIC. Washington will not trade Ovechkin, Pittsburgh will not trade Crosby, etc. The commissioners hold the power to veto any ridiculous trades.
- A trade involving a NTC or NMC must be sent in by BOTH GMs with a reasoning for the player to waive. The trade must be approved by BOTH trade managers prior to posting. Keep in mind it will only be on a rare occasion that a NTC or NMC is waived.
- If a trade involving a NTC or NMC is announced before approval, it will be vetoed.
- If a team does not have enough cap space to complete a trade that has been sent in, the trade will be vetoed.