HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs prospect Morgan Rielly rushing to become a complete player

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
  #1
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!
 
Tyler Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Maple Leafs prospect Morgan Rielly rushing to become a complete player

Quote:
MOOSE JAW, SASK. - Morgan Rielly made it look easy.

Got the puck at the blue line. Took a couple of strides forward and avoided pressure from his check, in this case Medicine Hat Tigers forward Hunter Shinkaruk, regarded as a top prospect for the 2013 National Hockey League entry draft. Spun toward boards, came back to the blue line and passed to defence partner Travis Brown.

Stayed engaged and watched as the puck eventually was worked to Moose Jaw Warriors teammate Justin Kirsch, who banked it into the net off Tigers goaltender Cam Lanigan.

There was no assist on the play for Rielly, but the goal, the first for the Warriors in an eventual 3-2 loss in overtime on Sunday night at Mosaic Place, wouldn't have happened without his heads-up, take-charge decision.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/31...omplete-player


Last edited by Live in the Now: 11-02-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
  #2
hockeygeek
Registered User
 
hockeygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 500
Nice. Hope they get this one right and let him develop a full game. His play with the puck is very exciting

hockeygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
  #3
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
Nice. Hope they get this one right and let him develop a full game. His play with the puck is very exciting
Considering all the games Rielly missed last season I think lockout or not Toronto was sending him back to Moose Jaw. So whenever he does make the NHL he's going to be an even better player.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:33 AM
  #4
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 100
I'll usually bypass something with the Sun connected to it, but nothing bad about reading this one .

It's good that Rielly is getting this chance to just unleash upon the WHL after missing all that time last year. An exciting player to watch out there. Great to have a prospect like that, who you can just watch and really get excited about.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  #5
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Hunter Shinkaruk would be a nice pick up too.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:04 PM
  #6
KT7
Registered User
 
KT7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
I've seen him more than a couple of times, and this one's a player. Regardless of the leaf-bashing (Sens fan here), this guy will make an impact.

Great pickup for the Leafs - better days ahead for you guys.

I've always felt the Leafs were most effective when they had a driving force from the back-end, and this is the one. Combined with Gardiner (another guy I really like to form a top-two D) this will make a formidable core, perhaps one of the better in the league.

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:12 PM
  #7
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll usually bypass something with the Sun connected to it, but nothing bad about reading this one .

It's good that Rielly is getting this chance to just unleash upon the WHL after missing all that time last year. An exciting player to watch out there. Great to have a prospect like that, who you can just watch and really get excited about.
That doesn't sound good.

Sounds like you are saying if it was a something negative about the Leafs you wouldn't read it, but if it is positive you will.

We should not fear the truth.

Anyway, so far it is good for this draft pick.

Being on a poor team should give him lots of ice time, but playing against NHLers might make him work harder.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:13 PM
  #8
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzed1 View Post
I've seen him more than a couple of times, and this one's a player. Regardless of the leaf-bashing (Sens fan here), this guy will make an impact.

Great pickup for the Leafs - better days ahead for you guys.

I've always felt the Leafs were most effective when they had a driving force from the back-end, and this is the one. Combined with Gardiner (another guy I really like to form a top-two D) this will make a formidable core, perhaps one of the better in the league.
Who will be the better Karlsson? Only time will tell..

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:21 PM
  #9
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
That doesn't sound good.

Sounds like you are saying if it was a something negative about the Leafs you wouldn't read it, but if it is positive you will.

We should not fear the truth.

Anyway, so far it is good for this draft pick.

Being on a poor team should give him lots of ice time, but playing against NHLers might make him work harder.
I think everyone just hates the Sun. With the Leafs as bad as they have been, I haven't seen many positive articles anyhow, but I do prefer the Globe and Mail, National Post, or even the Toronto Star even if it is negative about the Leafs over the Sun.

Steve Simmons and most of the Sun do not have any constructive criticism, they seem to have a personal vendetta against Burke for some reason.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:28 PM
  #10
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Steve Simmons and most of the Sun do not have any constructive criticism, they seem to have a personal vendetta against Burke for some reason.
Burke is easy to dislike. He really is.

However, the Leafs are easy to dislike and let's not forget Wilson was so full of himself it isn't like the press would be looking for nice things to write about him.

The press can be one huge mirror.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:40 PM
  #11
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Burke is easy to dislike. .
I find him very easy to like

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
  #12
KT7
Registered User
 
KT7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Who will be the better Karlsson? Only time will tell..
I may be to biased to answer this, so i'll leave this alone .

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
  #13
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
I find him very easy to like
He has a lot of personality for a GM, so that's going to encourage a lot of reaction and opinion over the things he does, in both directions.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
  #14
Pierre Gotye
Registered User
 
Pierre Gotye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
How is he physically? Is he shy from checking? Does he move bodies around the net?

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
  #15
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
How is he physically? Is he shy from checking? Does he move bodies around the net?


he is not very physical, but he isn't afraid to mix it up,

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
  #16
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 250
He definitely has size, 6 ft 205lbs along with his super skill set, he has the potential to be a star in a few years. I know as Leaf fans some of us on here are quick to press the "star" button on prospects, but this kid is a lock to become an impact player if all goes to plan and he stays healthy.

I would even say he has more potential than Gardiner, or is that just my excitement speaking :p

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:50 AM
  #17
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!
 
Thee Implication's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Guelph
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 1723
This is so exciting. I remember my jaw being on the floor that we passed on Forseburg, now I couldn't be happier.

Thee Implication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
  #18
IBeL13f
Registered User
 
IBeL13f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
He definitely has size, 6 ft 205lbs along with his super skill set, he has the potential to be a star in a few years. I know as Leaf fans some of us on here are quick to press the "star" button on prospects, but this kid is a lock to become an impact player if all goes to plan and he stays healthy.

I would even say he has more potential than Gardiner, or is that just my excitement speaking :p
I agree that Rielly has higher potential. People don't like that being thrown around because of how well Gardiner has already played at the NHL level, but Gardiner is also 4 years older than Rielly. I just can't wait until next season's training camp, because having one of these two on the ice at almost all times, with another full year of development under them, is going to be very exciting.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:54 AM
  #19
Tie Domi Esquire
;;
 
Tie Domi Esquire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
How long until someone suggests the Leafs play him at center.

Tie Domi Esquire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
  #20
Rinzler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
I find him very easy to like
Me too. Doesn't take **** from the Toronto Media, gets extremely involved in the local community and is able to withstand the pressure make moves that he wouldn't otherwise make.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
  #21
Eyedea
The Legend Continues
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 13,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie Domi Esquire View Post
How long until someone suggests the Leafs play him at center.
Someone mentioned it before actually, I just took it as sarcasm though.

Eyedea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.