HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Yakupov

Old
10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

Yakupov is most likely going to develop on the track of other recent 1st overall picks. All of whom are worth more than Couture. It's not an absolute guarantee but that doesn't mean Yakupov all of a sudden loses significant value.
Somewhere in there, I see something valid.

Why don't you go to each board and see how many people would trade John Tavares, Steven Stamkos for Nail Yakupov. If he's expected to be just as good, there should be a deal to be made. Hall? RNH?

They will say no and you know why? Because most likely could regress and proven young star commodity is much more valuable.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'm seeing Schneider + Edler, Couture, Clowe + 1st without looking much. Packages as good or better than Weber without mentioning him directly.

Hell I'd rather have Couture than Yakupov. He is a young CENTER who can score 30+ goals and is responsible defensively. Yakupov would have to turn into Ilya Kovalchuk or better to make that deal merely worthwhile for San Jose. Insane. Will Yakupov even be as good as Edler? Maybe? Ok, likely but not certainly. Thats the best I can do.

Nowhere did you post that he should be valued as a young Kovalchuk, and my argument was never about your opinion about the KHL, but about Yakupov's inflated value on these boards.
Following his performance in the KHL fans of other teams began offering packages based on potential. There are always fans that overrate their prospects and underrate other teams prospects.

If you seriously have a problem with what people perceive Yakupovs value to be perhaps you should avoid a thread on the trade board specifically about him?

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Brian28

Quote:

Why don't you go to each board and see how many people would trade John Tavares, Steven Stamkos for Nail Yakupov. If he's expected to be just as good, there should be a deal to be made. Hall? RNH?

They will say no and you know why? Because most likely could regress and proven young star commodity is much more valuable.
Again...where are the posts of Yakupov for Tavares/Stamkos/etc?

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
SDig14

Quote:

You just keep spinning your tires here without actually saying a whole lot.

Even if Yakupov was projected to be as good as those players, those teams would never make those deals because they have invested a ton into them, so there wouldn't be a deal to be made if they were of equal value.

I don't think a single Oiler fan thinks he is worth the same amount right now as Stamkos or Tavares, but that does not mean we are trading him.

Yakupov is a pure scorer with a great shot and release, skates well, and can play with an edge at times, he is everything you want in a dynamic scorer and has been proving it at every level, makes no sense to trade him right now.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:27 AM
CanucksCupHopes*

Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Sick line if he they develop properly and and get some chemistry going on.

CanucksCupHopes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksCupHopes View Post
Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Sick line if he they develop properly and and get some chemistry going on.
I feel that you have to break those 3 up so that Eberle plays by himself. With Yak being a pure sniper I think he should play with RNH. Here is how the FAB 4 should be broken up:
unknown player; RNH; Yak
Hall; unknown player; Eberle

With RNH passing and Yak's pure sniping they would be perfect together. Hall and Eberle has always played very well together. The biggest thing is to find the left wing player for the RNH and Yak line and the centreman for the Hall and Eberle line.
I see in 2 seasons from now a 3rd line of
PRV; Lander; Pitlick
Maybe Harti can play on the first line to add some size.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Da McBomb

10 goals and 4 asists in 13 games.. With these numbers in the KHL so far, I would say Yakupov's value is higher today than the day he was drafted.

Da McBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Again...where are the posts of Yakupov for Tavares/Stamkos/etc?
Not sure if serious?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:09 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I feel that you have to break those 3 up so that Eberle plays by himself. With Yak being a pure sniper I think he should play with RNH. Here is how the FAB 4 should be broken up:
unknown player; RNH; Yak
Hall; unknown player; Eberle

With RNH passing and Yak's pure sniping they would be perfect together. Hall and Eberle has always played very well together. The biggest thing is to find the left wing player for the RNH and Yak line and the centreman for the Hall and Eberle line.
I see in 2 seasons from now a 3rd line of
PRV; Lander; Pitlick
Maybe Harti can play on the first line to add some size.
I agree with you precisely. Maybe keep Eberle with RNH and Yakupov with some center and Hall, but Yeah I think you for sure need to separate Hall and RNH to create depth (especially when you have that kind of talent anyway).

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

Move Yakupov to center...or goal....

problem solved.

BoldMcNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I think they have high hopes for a Klefbom/Schultz pair in a few years.

IMO, Klefbom is a lot closer to Murray as far as potential than Yakupov is to anything else we had in the system.

To win a cup you need defense and minimum 2 lines of offense, so they chose to take the consensus #1 guy and address defense help another way.

Now it's up to the GM to fix the defense, if he can't we likely will never win.
Do people not know that some experts said if Klefbom was in this draft they would take him over Murray . Look at there play during the world Jr and tell me who looked better . I know it a short sample , but how many D man that show so much at the worlds have been a bust ? Like many Oilers fan point out if the Oilers get someone their value drop ,any other team it goes threw the roof

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

I like the idea of Hartikainen-RNH-Yakupov. Harkens back to Tikkanen-Gretzky-Kurri (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying H/NH/Y will be anything close to T/99/K so I don't want to see any "omfg tempurr ur expectashuns11!1!!" replys) in terms of what skillset they each bring.

And Hall/Gagner/Ebs for the second line. If the Oilers can insert a better C between Hall/Ebs I would think it would develop into one of the most lethal top six in the league.

Smyth-Horcoff-Jones isn't a bad third line either.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Do people not know that some experts said if Klefbom was in this draft they would take him over Murray . Look at there play during the world Jr and tell me who looked better . I know it a short sample , but how many D man that show so much at the worlds have been a bust ? Like many Oilers fan point out if the Oilers get someone their value drop ,any other team it goes threw the roof
Also proven at SEL level, WJC preformance was justifcation. Wasnt like he randomly played good at WJCs. But WJC is a tourny that all best prospects play. Since those prospects will make up the NHL in the next 4 years its a good indication of whats to come

Mctopchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Ice Whole

I wouldn't split up Nuge and Ebs. They have great chemistry together and I would love to see Hall and Yak play together, they are like the exact same, great speed, skill, shot. Would be a treat to watch. As of right now, I would go with

Hemsky - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
SDig14

The guy is ridiculously overrated. I mean, why would you want someone that finds a way to fill the net on a regular basis and has a lethal shot? I'll pass.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:03 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
I like the idea of Hartikainen-RNH-Yakupov. Harkens back to Tikkanen-Gretzky-Kurri (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT saying H/NH/Y will be anything close to T/99/K so I don't want to see any "omfg tempurr ur expectashuns11!1!!" replys) in terms of what skillset they each bring.

And Hall/Gagner/Ebs for the second line. If the Oilers can insert a better C between Hall/Ebs I would think it would develop into one of the most lethal top six in the league.

Smyth-Horcoff-Jones isn't a bad third line either.
I totally agree, I feel playing Yak with RNH because Yak has the best release out of Hall, Eberle and Yak. Eberle and Hall have shown in the past that they can produce very well together. It is not that I don't like Gagner but we need a bigger centreman because of the size issue we have with out top 6. I think a player like Gagner would do very well on a team that has a centreman with size already and be a 50-55 point centreman. Say what you want about Gagner but if he produces 50-55 points how many centreman can do that last year only 35 centreman got 50 points and only 24 got 55 points. Gagner is improving in the FO% and the two way game. For all these fans that think he has no value they are wrong.

In two seasons I see our top 6 being:
Harti; RNH; Yak
Hall; Gagner(unless we find a bigger centreman); Eberle
PRV; Lander; Pitlick

Old
10-31-2012, 09:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Duo 934 View Post
I wouldn't split up Nuge and Ebs. They have great chemistry together and I would love to see Hall and Yak play together, they are like the exact same, great speed, skill, shot. Would be a treat to watch. As of right now, I would go with

Hemsky - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Eberle doesn't need RNH to score as Eberle and Hall have already proven they can feed of each other. Yak with the shot he has and having RNH sending them his way would be scary.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I am definitely in favour of pairing the 4 young guns.
Then throw in Hemmer and Gagner to fill in the gaps.
Nuge + Yak/Hall + Ebs

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
10 goals and 4 asists in 13 games.. With these numbers in the KHL so far, I would say Yakupov's value is higher today than the day he was drafted.
I agree, he is playing in the 1st or 2nd best league in the world at the moment and doing very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
I am definitely in favour of pairing the 4 young guns.
Then throw in Hemmer and Gagner to fill in the gaps.
Nuge + Yak/Hall + Ebs
Not enough size there IMO.

11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
From the Leafs:

Gardiner
Colborne
1st rounder (2014 lotto protected)

for

Yakupov
Fan on neither team but seems to be an overpayment from TML...That may be what it would cost but I dont see any team willing to give up what it would cost to aquire a recently drafted first overall who has yet to prove anything good or bad.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:57 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Fan on neither team but seems to be an overpayment from TML...That may be what it would cost but I dont see any team willing to give up what it would cost to aquire a recently drafted first overall who has yet to prove anything good or bad.
Nope. It would take more than that actually

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:21 AM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Not nearly enough to move Yakupov.

Unless there is an elite player available, why would Edmonton move him? He's currently scoring at a pace that is best in the KHL, and he's only 18. He looks like a good 1st overall pick, so why move him?

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:57 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Not nearly enough to move Yakupov.

Unless there is an elite player available, why would Edmonton move him? He's currently scoring at a pace that is best in the KHL, and he's only 18. He looks like a good 1st overall pick, so why move him?
He's actually 19 though.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
With Yakupov getting clutch goals and lightening it up in the KHL, what would your team give for him?

A lot of teams could use a pure sniper.

EDM's needs are a legit number two centreman with size, top dman is what is needed.
id probably move a package that had krecji/boychuck as the key parts of it from boston assuming that he was being moved and that boston was the team landing him. krecji is an ideal number 2 center for someone and theoletically would have great chemistry with hemsky again to power a second line for edmonton behind eberle and hall and hopkins.

i guess boston would have to eat one of those contracts edmonton doesnt want to keep {horcorff} and probably throw in a pick or something... maybe take back something else too..

so here is my proposal

Krecji
Boychuck
Boston first
for
Yakubov
Horcorff
Whitney

imo yakubov is going to be special... but this would hurt to give up 3 assets for 1 and take back s much salary too. i think yakubov would be worth it... but it would hurt

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:27 PM
nuxnuxnux

lol thats terrible, what about hamilton,savard(his caps pace still count?)seidenberg for hemsky smid and a edms 2nd and 3rd?

nuxnuxnux is offline   Reply With Quote