HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keep Your Head Up! Houston Aeros @ OKC Barons, Saturday 11/3 6PM MDT

Old
11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
bewbies

vCash: 500
The idea that Abney, who did absolutely nothing last night except taking a dumb penalty at a bad time, "has" to fight some ECHL dude because both are designated as Hockey Fighting Men is so stupid it making my hangover worse.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:23 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Yep, hopefully will put a stop to ****** articles like this, which are only designed to stir up hate.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012...d-in-aeros-win.
Wow, I thought all this time that Minnesota had half decently knowledgeable hockey fans. That article and the comments have completely changed my opinion of that market... those guys don't seem to understand the basics of the game of hockey. And I'm not saying that just as a dig at a bunch of bitter guys in one thread... there's some serious objectivity issues with every single fan posting those 100+ comments, not to mention the article. The blind leading the blind over there.

"I could about six strides before Brodin is leveled and hits the boards."

lol? The Aeros player is literally touching the puck as he gets hit.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
And if you look, it's the author of the piece that is making all those foul retorts in the comments.
I did notice that. I love his little retort about "not caring about what you find objectionable".

Really classy "reporting" going on there. I'm not letting it cloud my opinion on Minny fans, but it definitely concerns me that so many fans can't see reason.

Last edited by Spawn: 11-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
April Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:45 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Nobody will mess with RNH after he lays a beatdown..kid is much stronger than people think..
I do wonder though if the average pro hockey player hits the bag/mitts, or spars a little here and there..
A police officer needs to know how to shoot a gun even though he will most likely never use it, a hockey player should practice boxing or some form of combat at least enough to be able to stand up for himself..
If halls gonna hit like that he'd better be prepared to get into a few tilts a year, boxing sparring at least once or twice a month would be better than nothing..

Just what I think

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Yep, hopefully will put a stop to ****** articles like this, which are only designed to stir up hate.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012...d-in-aeros-win.
The "writer" comes off like a youtube commenter. His replies in the comments section sound like they were **** out of the mouth of an angry 14 year old.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
The "writer" comes off like a youtube commenter. His replies in the comments section sound like they were **** out of the mouth of an angry 14 year old.
Maybe he is 14? Having read the article, it would not shock me.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:50 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Maybe he is 14? Having read the article, it would not shock me.
I think even 14 year olds are more mature than that.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
I did notice that. I love his little retort about "not caring about what you find objectionable".

Really classy "reporting" going on there. I'm not letting it cloud my opinion on Minny fans, but it definitely concerns me that so many fans can't see reason.

EDIT

Seriously, can any Wild fans clue me in on this reporter? How does he have any sort of journalistic job with **** like this:

Really?
It's a blogger community, there are no real reporters there.

The Oiler representatives in that community aren't much better either.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
It's a blogger community, there are no real reporters there.

The Oiler representatives in that community aren't much better either.
Ah that makes sense then. Still, absolutely laughable some of the ridiculous **** on there.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
Russo is probably the only Minnesota reporter worth paying attention to.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Not sure if it's been mentioned but sounds like Martindale and Lander are out tonight due to illness/injury.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=644774

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Ah that makes sense then. Still, absolutely laughable some of the ridiculous **** on there.
That's what real reporters complain about all the time with regards to bloggers, lack of accountability and journalistic integrity.

But SBnation is just a fan site. Whether it's fans on HFboards wishing injury on oiler prospects, or a blogger calling Hall a second line flop - it's all coming from the same place, and carries the same weight.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
40oz

Quote:
He's continuing to make a fool of himself on twitter too (@BReynoldsMN).

Jonathon Willis was doing a great job making it obvious too.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Brodin injury aside, it's unfortunate he got hurt on the play. But I love that Hall laid a hit out like that, and I hope this is a Taylor Hall we get to see from now on. Playing with an edge, hard hitting on the forecheck, just dangerous every time he's on the ice. Love it.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Spawn

Just a reminder guys, there is no need to attack another fan base. If you see posts on this forum or the wilds board (or anywhere on HFboards) that you consider to be classless/breaking of rules or whatever. Don't respond to it and don't bring it here to talk about it.

This goes for comments from other websites as well. Tensions are high when anyone gets hurt. We've all seen what happens when it is one of our guys who is down on the ice after a big hit. Tempers flare and peoople say things they shouldn't. Its best to leave those kinds of posts alone. Bringing attention to them just causes unneeded conflict.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Somnii

Shame about Granlund, as he was an impressive talent that any team would love to have in their farm system.

Still, that IMO shouldn't warrant a callup of an ECHL goon who, in all likelihood, will play less than 5 minutes and be an utter liability on the ice for the Aeros, not to mention that his callup was likely at the expense of a player who is more deserving of a chance at the AHL level. The probability of there being a 'staged' fight between him and Abney isn't going to accomplish anything for either side in the long run; maybe he'll intimidate the Barons from the bench, Tom Sestito style

Somnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnii View Post
Shame about Granlund, as he was an impressive talent that any team would love to have in their farm system.

Still, that IMO shouldn't warrant a callup of an ECHL goon who, in all likelihood, will play less than 5 minutes and be an utter liability on the ice for the Aeros, not to mention that his callup was likely at the expense of a player who is more deserving of a chance at the AHL level. The probability of there being a 'staged' fight between him and Abney isn't going to accomplish anything for either side in the long run; maybe he'll intimidate the Barons from the bench, Tom Sestito style
he and medvec are our only two healthy D available for callup (not in college or juniors). if you've seen medvec skate you would believe this wasn't a retaliation callup. not saying he won't fight, because he's game for it, but wild really didn't have any choice.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
eskies4life

Nvm..

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Nvm..
I was just gonna saw "Where?"

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I was just gonna saw "Where?"
xD. I got it wrong. Its next weeks game.

Honestly if I was Sportsnet I would be jumping on more of these OKC games, its great hockey.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
xD. I got it wrong. Its next weeks game.

Honestly if I was Sportsnet I would be jumping on more of these OKC games, its great hockey.
No friggin' doubt, but would you like three different channels of poker instead? No? Well tough ****.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:34 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
No friggin' doubt, but would you like three different channels of poker instead? No? Well tough ****.

Ahaha. There's some great action when those cards get flipped. Seriously though what do you think would get them more viewers? Three channels of poker or a AHL team that is basically a future NHL team. I don't just mean the Oilers they should be playing a ton more AHL action.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

It's good to see everybody has calmed down over Hall's hit last night and they realize that it was actually a clean hit (shoulder to shoulder, not a head shot) that resulted in an injury. I still believe the only reason he got penalized like that was because Brodin's brain bucket went flying (which is more likely because most players wear their skid lid too loose than anything else), and the fact that he was down on the ice more than anything. If he had gotten right up, i doubt there would have even been a penalty called at all.

That being said, kids need to have their heads on a swivel tonight for sure and should be letting each other know if they have a man on them, especially when they are close to the boards or cant see the guy coming at them.

Anyways, should be a good game tonight. Hopefully no more injuries to either team.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Braden88

i sure hope they dont target the Nuge tonight. last thing we need is bad blood between teams leading to severe injury before the NHL season even starts

Braden88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Philly85
Moody'

that article is ****ing ridiculous. the comments too... ****ing idiots the lot of them.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote