HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Amerks vs Bulldogs Fri Nov 2 7:05PM ET TV: TWCS

Old
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 500
Marcus FOLIGNOO

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Go figure, a Sabres affiliate blowing a 2-goal 3rd period lead. Ruff prevent.
You missed the season opener....Amerks get a 4-1 lead on Syracuse, then give them all back AND watch the Crunch take the lead...tie it back up and win it in a shootout.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:51 PM
ckg927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Marcus FOLIGNOO
Who I have glossed The Hornet.

(H/T to Joe Bowen.)

Old
11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
ckg927

Is anyone planning to make the roadie to Hamilton tomorrow for the rematch?

Old
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
sabrefan27

Good win but the defense continues to be terrible. Gotta figure it out.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Good win but the defense continues to be terrible. Gotta figure it out.
From what I saw on the stream McNabb looked terrible tonight. I didn't hear Finley's name, so usually means he had a solid night. Can't say I noticed anyone else. I guess McNabb just stood out to me.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
DJN21

well I have to say first time ive ever been scolded by security for getting and I quote "to into the national anthem and I(we) need to calm down and not be so loud or touch the glass"...security was lame,and the Amerks were not...good, not great win...sloppy 1st and 3rd...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
From what I saw on the stream McNabb looked terrible tonight. I didn't hear Finley's name, so usually means he had a solid night. Can't say I noticed anyone else. I guess McNabb just stood out to me.
mcnabb was terrible but finley is incredibly underwhelming physically...i really dont get how he can go into the play with a full head of steam and come away with nothing more than a mean stare...he is so far from physical for his size it almost makes the informed fan mad.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
mcnabb was terrible but finley is incredibly underwhelming physically...i really dont get how he can go into the play with a full head of steam and come away with nothing more than a mean stare...he is so far from physical for his size it almost makes the informed fan mad.
He's really mean and nasty when it comes to clearing out the front of the net especially after a whistle and he can fight, but now that I think about it I don't recall him ever throwing a big body check. Granted I haven't watched him play all that much.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:55 PM
gdsmack267

McNabb was a disaster on the ice. Thought biega played a solid game on the back end.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
McNabb was a disaster on the ice. Thought biega played a solid game on the back end.
it was another gam where girgeonsons silently stole the show with his effort

Old
11-03-2012, 12:55 AM
gdsmack267

Quote:
it was another gam where girgeonsons silently stole the show with his effort
I got season tickets so ive watched every home game and he has been so impressive for it being his first season. His physical play, back check and board play just define the perfect third line shut down player. As a penguin fan, his play reminds me of Jordan Staal at times just without the size.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
JPurp26

Thoughts from this one:

7 Brayden McNabb- Not a good game from McNabb. Must have had 4-5 turnovers in the first period alone. He made some nice plays but wasn't the guy who were hoping for. I'm assuming it was just an off night and that he will rebound well tonight.

4 Alex Biega- Thought he was one of their better defensemen tonight. I like his game. The only real negative on him from helping him see a shot at the show is his size.

72 Luke Adam- Adam still is slow, his skating his choppy. He made one or two nice feeds but overall, he needs to show a lot more for me to think has a chance at becomming a NHL regular.

91 Fred Roy- I like his game a lot, he had a spirited bout, a couple shots on goal, killed penalties successfully. If he was bigger he would be a nice nice prospect to have.

33 David Leggio- Leggio was awesome. Great game, seems composed well squared to shooters. Very fast goalie and that is a big reason why he is so successful in shootouts. He held his team in this game as the D as a whole didn't play particularly well.

28 Zemgus Girgensons- A lot faster then I remember, I can see the Rob Brind'Amour comparisons with the style of play. If he becomes nearly half the player RB was, we have ourselves a keeper. It was a little bit of a quiet game, as you don't notice him all that much. He does the little things well. Scored his first goal on a nice deflection. Hopefully he can keep adjusting as the USHL to AHL is a large step up.

15 Evan Rankin- I was real excited to watch Rankin because of the hype that has been surrounding him. The announcer even mentioned (not stevens, but i think seiling) that he could see him in the NHL someday. I don't know if I see that. His skating needs improvement to be more successful but he played well. Rolston really trusts him. He also rocked some guys with BIG hits last night. Him and Foligno.

3 TJ Brennan- Still makes a lot of D zone head-scratching plays. I still need to be proved by him like Adam, that he will ever be more then TOP A guy / Depth NHL guy. Good puck movement but still shaky.

71 Marcus Foligno- Played great, I don't believe he had any points (he did score shootout winner) but he still generated a lot of chances. He protects the puck so well with his size. His stickhandling is surprisingly good for a big guy. He threw his body around all night and absolutely laid some Bulldogs out. Even made some nice dishes on the PP.

19 Cody Hodgson- Had a couple of nice playmaking plays. He does look slightly faster mostly with his first step. Kind of a quiet game other then that. Was hoping for a more dominant performance but hopefully he will rebound tonight.

Lastly, I believe every goal in the shootout on Mayer, was five hole

Tonight I will look to focus on others more

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Robert2244

How have the vets looked; Mancari and Porter?

Robert2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert2244 View Post
How have the vets looked; Mancari and Porter?
both has gone well above my expectations for them. Porter plays real hard and is becoming a fan favorite already.

Mancari looks like the usual Mancari...good in spurts. Was disappointed in his lack of physical play last night he had a couple chances to both engage physically and stick up better for his mates and he stood there like a log. He will put up some points for us though. He's getting big ice time it seems

Old
11-03-2012, 05:04 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
both has gone well above my expectations for them. Porter plays real hard and is becoming a fan favorite already.

Mancari looks like the usual Mancari...good in spurts. Was disappointed in his lack of physical play last night he had a couple chances to both engage physically and stick up better for his mates and he stood there like a log. He will put up some points for us though. He's getting big ice time it seems
I'd agree, Porter is not great at anything but is good at everything. He is not flashy but just can do it all.

Mancari was pretty meh to me. He is putting up points and is playing well on the point. He still has his signature slapper but I agree he is a spurt type player.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Disengage

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:35 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I'd agree, Porter is not great at anything but is good at everything. He is not flashy but just can do it all.

Mancari was pretty meh to me. He is putting up points and is playing well on the point. He still has his signature slapper but I agree he is a spurt type player.
too me Porter could be that Taylor type player that the team needs long term if he never cracks an NHL lineup long term. Granted its early in his career to designate a needed ahl vet but im an early fan of his style.

Mancari is replaceable yet serviceable for sure...