HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos (IV): playoffs @ Toronto next week; Tillman fired

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsadrive View Post
didn't have a problem with him until that deal that sent our 1st for a k.

Probably the right move but i expected him to get one more chance next year. Any ideas/suggestions on who should replace him?

Hervey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully someone can bring a fresh breath of air to the franchise. Maybe when he gets his next job he trade a 1st to us for McNight so he can continue his love fest with McNight.

Last edited by eskies4life: 11-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Zap Brannigan

vCash: 500
Hopefully the next GM focuses on building an offensive line that is actually good instead of one thats canadian and sucks.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
dasivon

They had to do it now if they were going to do it.

If they get an upset or two in the playoffs then their hands are tied. They're not going to fire the guy who gets them to the Grey Cup.

Bottom line, this says that they disagreed with the Ray trade but backed their GM to see how the year went. It went badly. If you're going to take an 11-7 team and trade your starting QB, you better get results.

This is the consequence of likely one of the worse trades in CFL history (followed up by another crazy trade).

Like Ricky Ray or not, you don't hitch your wagon to Jyles and Joseph when you're fresh off a WC final. There's no reason other than ego.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Wow this is surprised I'm not complaining the guy makes bad trades but right before the playoffs
He brings nothing to the team on the field going into the playofss anyways. He basically lost his job with his diabolicle trades. Message has been sent to the coaches/players that cleaning will start from the top down.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:13 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasivon View Post

If they get an upset or two in the playoffs then their hands are tied. They're not going to fire the guy who gets them to the Grey Cup.

Bottom line, this says that they disagreed with the Ray trade but backed their GM to see how the year went. It went badly. If you're going to take an 11-7 team and trade your starting QB, you better get results.

This is the consequence of likely one of the worse trades in CFL history (followed up by another crazy trade).

Like Ricky Ray or not, you don't hitch your wagon to Jyles and Joseph when you're fresh off a WC final. There's no reason other than ego.
Great post. Bang on.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
NastyNinoSays

Well, there ya go, Ottawa has their new GM .

Old
11-03-2012, 04:15 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by llb9977 View Post
Well, there ya go, Ottawa has their new GM .
I sure hope not, it would be nice to see Ottawa have a competitive team.

Very curious what direction the Esks go in now.

Ideally Sean Flemming can join Ed Hervey and Paul Jones; though I'm not sure I wouldn't mind them finding someone else to be the full time GM.

Either way, huge step forward.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasivon View Post

Pretty solid post. The bolded being especially interesting.

Still, no GM was going to have a probable winning record with the degree of injuries this club sustained.

Just some random speculation but was the 21K at Commonwealth last night a signpost for the franchise that necessitated this action? Just wondering.

That would be an alltime regular season low crowd at Commonwealth for an Esks game. Never been lower. The paid crowd also indicating for the first time how much seasons ticket sales have gone down.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:21 PM
NastyNinoSays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Still, no GM was going to have a probable winning record with the degree of injuries this club sustained.

Just some random speculation but was the 21K at Commonwealth last night a signpost for the franchise that necessitated this action? Just wondering.

That would be an alltime regular season low crowd at Commonwealth for an Esks game. Never been lower. The paid crowd also indicating for the first time how much seasons ticket sales have gone down.
Blame last nights attendance on Edmonton's good taste in music. I heard Vanilla Ice played halftime.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Moneypuck

Hopefully they'll get rid of Reed in a week or two as well. Good riddance to that sort of organizational behavior.

I'd interview Mookie Mitchell for next coach. He seems to have a level temperment. Can't be as disorganized as the gong show that was this last season.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Everybody loves a winner, the Esks haven't been that lately. There hasn't been a Esk buzz in this city for a while.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Blame last nights attendance on Edmonton's good taste in music. I heard Vanilla Ice played halftime.
I'll take Vanilla Ice over Justin Beiber and Carly Rae Jepsen.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Weird timing but maybe Tillman was really pushing for Joseph to start against Toronto and the coaching staff wants to give Nichols the reigns.

Anyway... par for the course for the failure that is Eric Tillman. He never lasts very long in any organization.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
lol

I blame a local cold epidemic for my own not showing up. Too much coughing and sneezing to enjoy it. The temperature wouldn't help. Yes I'm the 200lb baby in the Nyquil add.

Seriously though how out of touch is this org to the pulse of the average Esks football fan. Vanilla Ice" Seriously? Even more of a joke that they expected people to go to the cabaret at the fieldhouse afterwards. They've had some lame ass entertainment.

Heres another bit of confusion. First game of the year they have somebody performing at half time, then after the game. Finger Eleven I think it was. All week they're saying game ticket gets you into the cabaret. Then at the game they announce its 25bucks for the cabaret. Nobody shows up. Then we're laughing as they're handing out free tickets to anybody that will take them to go to the cabaret and maybe buy a few drinks. Absolute gongshow confusion.

Some of the way this org conducts business is just embarrassing. Is Pat Laforge moonlighting for something to do..

Old
11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Yeah, even though I was pushing for Eskimos fans to boycott the game last night (based purely on emotion) the announced attendance at the game was really sobering and more than a little sad.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Weird timing but maybe Tillman was really pushing for Joseph to start against Toronto and the coaching staff wants to give Nichols the reigns.

Anyway... par for the course for the failure that is Eric Tillman. He never lasts very long in any organization.

I highly doubt it was this...I think something big happend him saying something or doing something led to this imo.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
He brings nothing to the team on the field going into the playofss anyways. He basically lost his job with his diabolicle trades. Message has been sent to the coaches/players that cleaning will start from the top down.
Yeah I even heard Tillman doesn't return punts very well.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:36 PM
NastyNinoSays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
There is a difference?

Old
11-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

lol Vanilla Ice performing at halftime was more than a little embarrassing (we see these kinds of has-beens performing at CFL games all the time) but at least he didn't lipsync or anything.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
eskies4life

Quote:

I wouldn't

Old
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
There is a difference?
Vanilla Ice has a decent song, I can say that much.

Old
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I wonder if the coaching staff will be joining Tillman in a few weeks
They better be.

Watch them promote Reed to Gm and Crandell to HC.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
NastyNinoSays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Yeah, even though I was pushing for Eskimos fans to boycott the game last night (based purely on emotion) the announced attendance at the game was really sobering and more than a little sad.
Bummer to hear about that Attendance in all seriousness. Edmontons a great sports town imo so for things to have fallen so far for this storied organization speaks volumes.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hervey will probably get his long anticipated promotion.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:41 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
Vanilla Ice has a decent song, I can say that much.

CRJ and Bieber have had decent's as well. Bieber's music has as bad as everyone says.

Inb4every1attacksme.

On another note. Hopefully this brings are franchise's fan base back together.

Closed Thread