HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

XBOX Pens HF Board GMC, Check Post #132

Old
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Ominous Grey

vCash: 500
Seeing as the Main Video Game Board thread is buried, let's continue using this one. Shall we?

Seeing as this is the last schedule period before playoffs, here's a league update.

Eastern Conference
Standings currently as follows:

1) Winnipeg WaterDummy 2) Buffalo VX S m o k e 14 3) Philadelphia alastairzander 4) Carolina Zetterberg l40l
5) Montreal aSockalypse 6) Washington CPU 7) Pittsburgh SolidSnake3516 8) Ottawa CPU

However, seeds 5-8 are in extreme danger, with Toronto (CPU) and NYR (BigBenSF) right on the doorstep. If you are the GM of one of these six teams, now is the time to make that push to reach the promised land! BigBen, kick one of those fool CPU teams out and take your rightful spot!

The major news in the East is that Winnipeg has taken the league by storm. Predicted by most to miss the playoffs, their GM went out and acquired stellar goaltender Pekka Rinne in a blockbuster. Rinne has led them, with major goal-scoring assistance from Blake Wheeler, to the top of the Southeast and the conference. That the Rangers have fallen so far in the standings is really quite incredible, given the start they had and the wonderful trades they pulled off.

Western Conference
Standings currently as follows:

1) Minnesota RvB Fanatic147 2) St Louis GearDawg87 3) Phoenix Ominous Grey 4) Vancouver CPU
5) Dallas Peewee x 13 6) Edmonton dewey17 7) Chicago Fender731 8) San Jose Trevor6

And on the outside (for now) looking in, are Columbus (ksk929) and Anaheim (CPU). KSK, take your spot in the playoffs, bud! There is literally 1 point between spot 6 and spot 10 in the Western Conference. Each team has either 85 points or 84 points. It will likely come down to tiebreakers as to who makes the cut. Make sure you don't fall into that dangerous position! Go win your games! Calgary (KyLe533) still has an outside chance, but would likely need to sweep all of his games to make it in.

The major news in the west is the fight for the top seed between Minnesota and St. Louis. It will be made more difficult for Minnesota by the fact that Zach Parise will be injured until midway through next season. It is highly admirable that Columbus has made it this far, but it remains to be seen whether the gritty underdog club can scratch their way into postseason contention. Also of note, the defending champions have already been (essentially) eliminated from contention - sitting at number 12 in the west, they've had a miserable season, plagued with injuries and slumps.

3 teams GMs have been added. Minnesota, Dallas, and Carolina have all been claimed. Two to friends of mine (who will surely be active), and Minnesota to a board member. A few people have left or been kicked for inactivity, so their vacancies have been plugged for the time being. There will be more GMs on their way. If you have a friend who'd like to play, refer them to me.

I will wait a couple more days to allow people to finish their seasons right. Get into the playoffs, and it should be a good one!

Last edited by Ominous Grey: 11-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
petrskudra1

Ill be on from 6-8 tonight for those who need to play edm

Ominous, I know we have each other on the schedule lets find a time to play.

Think I have Van, Cal, Ana, and LA on the schedule as well

petrskudra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrskudra1 View Post
Ill be on from 6-8 tonight for those who need to play edm

Ominous, I know we have each other on the schedule lets find a time to play.

Think I have Van, Cal, Ana, and LA on the schedule as well
The bolded are all CPU owned (for now) so you can play them on your own.

I am on right now if you'd like to play. I want to play you in the playoffs if things go well. It'd be fun to actually have a series. If you win 2/3 of those CPU games, you are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs. Be sure to beat Anaheim, as they are right on your heels.

I am thinking of advancing the schedule at midnight tonight and beginning playoffs tomorrow. I messaged 7/8 "bubble" GMs and received no replies, except from Dewey. If you have objections, send them my way before midnight. I will gladly give out an extension.

If you are inactive for >3 days during the playoffs and are unresponsive, I'm not sure yet what will happen. We haven't done this yet. I'm hoping to avoid those difficulties.

Please, if I or another GM message you, respond. It'll make things simpler for everyone who is trying to play their playoff games.

Last edited by Ominous Grey: 11-03-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Beauner
Shooter Tutor Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
The bolded are all CPU owned (for now) so you can play them on your own.

I am on right now if you'd like to play. I want to play you in the playoffs if things go well. It'd be fun to actually have a series. If you win 2/3 of those CPU games, you are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs. Be sure to beat Anaheim, as they are right on your heels.

I am thinking of advancing the schedule at midnight tonight and beginning playoffs tomorrow. I messaged 7/8 "bubble" GMs and received no replies, except from Dewey. If you have objections, send them my way before midnight. I will gladly give out an extension.

If you are inactive for >3 days during the playoffs and are unresponsive, I'm not sure yet what will happen. We haven't done this yet. I'm hoping to avoid those difficulties.

Please, if I or another GM message you, respond. It'll make things simpler for everyone who is trying to play their playoff games.
I got a message, sorry for the no reply. Couldn't really make out what you were saying. I've mainly taken the GM role and not the player role, although I'll play a lot more games now and in the playoffs (oh, I'll make the playoffs ). I'll be on around 10-midnight.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I got a message, sorry for the no reply. Couldn't really make out what you were saying. I've mainly taken the GM role and not the player role, although I'll play a lot more games now and in the playoffs (oh, I'll make the playoffs ). I'll be on around 10-midnight.
It's alright. I was trying to convey a lot of info in one 30 second message.

As of now, you're outside of a spot right now and in fierce competition. If you leave it up solely to the coin flip of simulation, you won't make it.

Dewey, I haven't seen you on. Try to find your way to the Xbox if you see this.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Ominous Grey

Simming is complete. dewey17 & ksk929 lucked out, while Fender got the short end of the stick. BigBenSF also got screwed by the last minute heroics of the CPU Ottawa Senators.

Eastern Conference
PLAYOFFS

1) Buffalo VX S m o k e 14 VS 8) Ottawa CPU

2) Philadelphia alastairzander VS 7) Washington CPU

3) Winnipeg WaterDummy VS 6) Pittsburgh SolidSnake3516

4) Carolina Zetterberg l40l VS 5) Montreal aSockalypse

Western Conference
PLAYOFFS

1) St Louis GearDawg87 VS 8) San Jose Trevor6

2) Minnesota RvB Fanatic147 VS 7) Edmonton dewey17

3) Phoenix Ominous Grey VS 6) Columbus ksk929

4) Dallas Peewee x 13 VS 5) Vancouver CPU

Old
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Ominous Grey

I've sent messages to everyone in the league that has a human opponent for this round. Please take the initiative and message one another.

Play the games. I'd really like to avoid simming the playoffs, too.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Smoke
The Taxman

vCash: 977
Perfect timing for a Tyler Myers injury ....

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
petrskudra1

RvB, when are you available to play?

petrskudra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Ominous Grey

Finally simmed forward after forever. If you didn't get your games in, I apologize.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:44 PM
superfuzz

Hey guys are there any teams left? If the 3 on the main page are still up ill take Anaheim.

superfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Ominous Grey

Simmed yet again. Somehow my team survived Minnesota(?)

Dallas (Peewee) vs Phoenix (me) for the WCF.

Buffalo (Smoke) vs Montreal (aSockalypse) for the ECF.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Smoke
The Taxman

vCash: 977
aSockalypse do you want to play this?

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:32 AM
aSockalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
aSockalypse do you want to play this?
I'd be down, I'm still back with family for thanksgiving though, I'll be going back home Tuesday. If thats in the period I'd be down but if not, it's cool to sim. I don't mind but I'm sure you'd rather play a human than CPU or sim.

aSockalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
steelcityassault

Good to see you guys have a full league running. As a creator of one myself, I know that is a hard thing to do.

Anyhow, for any of you guys who can't get enough I would like to invite you join my GM league. We have about 4-5 teams remaining, so add me on Xbox (politowski55) and search leagues for 'BangBodies'

Thanks

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote