HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 08:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
The 'rusty' thing is gonna wear off pretty soon. And I don't buy it for superb athletes of his age anyway. I'm fine with Gally, and if he has a bad night at this point, it happens, and not because he's 'rusty'
I was just having some fun from some previous posts. But to say the rust will wear off soon, I don't think you can say for certain as every players bodies are going to react to things differently and imo there's no way to know what's going on with said injured ligament and how it's handling the daily grind.

I also don't see how superb athletes of his age are free from being rusty after barely playing any hockey for almost a full season. Granted they may recover quicker then others if the body was already in great shape and I will fully admit I am no doctor and the only experience I have is when I was 6 and the girl up the street from me wanted me to be a doctor. So I could be very wrong here but to me if you don't play for a extended time, there's going to be some rust when you get back into it as your timing is not just going to show up right away.

Either way it matters little. Gally is going to continue to do what he does, i've seen him several times (never saw him play before the development camp) this year and he's been up and down so far. Clearly he's highly skilled and already has a solid frame at 18, so there's a ton to be excited about this kid rust or not. He's not going to be great every night but he's also going to put up a lot of points as he can do so much on his own it's hard for teams to stop him. I'm more interested to see how he looks next year in the NHL, as we'll see what a full year plus his first WJC's doe for his development (at least for me since i haven't seen what he looks like after playing a full season)

Old
11-03-2012, 08:34 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I really don't buy rust havin anything to do with anything regarding what Gallys doing on the ice at this point, at least not rust due to the whole knee thing anyway. My whole point was that it's sad that some members of our fan base scream "rusty!" when Gally goes pointless. Where was that rust when e dominated a few games ago? He also had a half dozen chances yesterday, just didn't bury them. Not to rehash this argument, but it has come up again.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I really don't buy rust havin anything to do with anything regarding what Gallys doing on the ice at this point, at least not rust due to the whole knee thing anyway. My whole point was that it's sad that some members of our fan base scream "rusty!" when Gally goes pointless. Where was that rust when e dominated a few games ago? He also had a half dozen chances yesterday, just didn't bury them. Not to rehash this argument, but it has come up again.
I don't see why it's sad, but then again I find most of the comments you make about it so far to be very strange as I don't see how anyone can not think that someone that has played in only 8 games last year wouldn't have his timing off as to me that's something that you have to continue to do night in and night out to keep it. Sitting for so long and missing so much time has to have some impact on him and there's no way for anyone to know what impact his knee is having on him now.

Putting up points one night and not the other doesn't have anything with him to do with being rusty or not. He's going to put up points most nights and other nights he's not going to get any, just like normal conditions, as he's going to have good games, bad games, great games, etc... since it's a long season. My point is that to start the season, everyone should have expected that he was going to need some time to adjust and get back in the flow of things, plus see how the knee fairs once he tests it over and over.

Now that we a month into the season the focus is more on just watching him play and he's going to have up and down games, no need for any excues as that's just the way it goes for everyone. Rust or not he's an outstanding prospect and we are lucky to have him in the system, it's going to be a ton of fun watching this kid over the years.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:02 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't see why it's sad, but then again I find most of the comments you make about it so far to be very strange as I don't see how anyone can not think that someone that has played in only 8 games last year wouldn't have his timing off as to me that's something that you have to continue to do night in and night out to keep it. Sitting for so long and missing so much time has to have some impact on him and there's no way for anyone to know what impact his knee is having on him now.

Putting up points one night and not the other doesn't have anything with him to do with being rusty or not. He's going to put up points most nights and other nights he's not going to get any, just like normal conditions, as he's going to have good games, bad games, great games, etc... since it's a long season. My point is that to start the season, everyone should have expected that he was going to need some time to adjust and get back in the flow of things, plus see how the knee fairs once he tests it over and over.

Now that we a month into the season the focus is more on just watching him play and he's going to have up and down games, no need for any excues as that's just the way it goes for everyone. Rust or not he's an outstanding prospect and we are lucky to have him in the system, it's going to be a ton of fun watching this kid over the years.
I'll just say I agree with the third paragraph 100% and leave it at that.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
It's called ups and downs in a season. Happens to the best of them. And the rust that people were calling for, happened at the start of the season. Nobody calls for that now but it is now called ups and downs in a season. From his own coach, that's what the season looks so far. And will happen to the best of them who misses 1 full year. Again, I have no idea how people cannot take that into consideration. Or at the very worst, reserve their judgment a little bit further since how many times did that happen again? About a guy, as talented as he is, that misses a full year and needs to be the catalyst of a rather mediocre team. Now, I do realize that there will have some questions about his ability to finish. Everybody recognizes his incredible hard wrister but can he be precise regularly. I guess that needs to be determined. Whether it makes him a complete #1 centerman, or more a passer than a scorer. Yet, this will be the most exciting prospect to watch for in the upcoming years. And will be very valuable for us.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
YAY!!!! Back to this conversation. Let`s stop talking about it, how about that? Even the greats are not 100% on 100% of their games.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:59 PM
larrypacman8167

come on guys, this "rusty" thing has been going on for 3 days now. Let's just say everyone's right and move on

Old
11-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Galchenyuk will be a fine 3rd liner in the NHL!

Old
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Galchenyuk will be a fine 3rd overall pick in the NHL!
fixed it for you!

Old
11-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Galchenyuk will be a fine 3rd liner in the NHL!
Playing alongside Collbust and Lebust?

Old
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Playing alongside Collbust and Lebust?
Exactly, we're doomed, Timmins needs to go.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:13 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Yeah being considered as part of the the NHL elite before 25...Habs really messed up on his development.

Price never collapsed, it has always been the fans that place unrealistic expectations on a goaltender when the rest of the team quit.
The fans let pucks in now? Price is fine, but to deny his hiccups early on is bordering on delusional. I'm still not convinced he's in elite company yet, very good imo, but not elite.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
It's a terrible analogy because one strategy is logically defensible, while the other isn't, precisely because of the bolded. Crosby is one, Plekanec isn't, at least not given our situation.
Try not to focus so much on the names, but rather understand the message behind the analogy. It's not because we're not contenders or that we finished low in the standings one year that we absolutely have to move Plekanec, or that we won't improve with him on it either.

Quote:
If you're unable to look at this team, and see that it's pretty bad, then unfortunately, this conversation will be fruitless. So long as you think we're "one piece away," and "we were first a few years ago," there's nothing to be said. It's the strategy we've employed for a long time instead of biting the bullet and getting our rebuild. Now people are creaming their shorts over Galchenyuk, a player they would've never dreamed of getting because they're too damn proud and stupid to realize the nature of the game. You need elite talent to win it all, and it predominantly comes in one form.
When did I ever say we were one piece away exactly?
Are team does not look very strong, however, we haven't seen it play yet. I don't have much confidence in it, but where it'll be three years from now is completely unknown. Let's start by waiting for the new CBA to come in.
Yes, you do need some elite talent to win, among other things. Trading Plekanec does not guarantee bringing us that. As I said before, if we package him in order to get a big return, I'm all ears. I never said he's immovable, my point is moving him because we're not contenders is quite the bad reason.
You don't move good valuable players just because you're not a contender. You need your young players to have solid veterans around.

Quote:
It would be bad because we would get nothing for him. Whereas now, we could preserve his value for potentially much longer than his expected shelf life, if we just hold him till he's worthless, then what? Clearly getting something for a player is better than getting nothing.

If no players are showing signs of being better than Plekanec, then I would support a full scale rebuild: without question.

Who knows where we will be in 3years. We have a new administration, a new coach, and eventually a new CBA with new rules.
That's because you're only looking at the return.
We would not get nothing. Young players would have a model both in and off the ice, and Plekanec has that winner attitude, SC winning teams have players like him.
We already have 4 picks in the first two rounds in the next draft, unless Plekanec brings in Elite return, you're better off keeping him.

Quote:
Markov I don't think would fetch much, as he has a ton of risk, and will very likely not be the same player ever again. Plekanec though, is unique. He is so responsible for our team at least not rolling over and dying(I think he's a great player, btw), that moving him would maximize our own draft picks, as well as bringing in a very good return. That's why I tend to single out Pleky. Unique combination.
Markov's status is still unknown, but according to your own words ''it would be bad because we would get nothing'', so even if he's value is low, might as well get something seeing as it's better than nothing. But there's Cole and Gionta that you forgot to mention as well that have decent to good value, and if your objective is to maximize draft picks, than why not move them as well.

Quote:
I think it's independent of our young guys taking over, as moving Pleky has as much to do with maximizing our draft as anything else.
It isn't. You don't trade players good players without knowing if you have someone ready to fill in that void, unless your plan is to do a massive rebuild and give yourself 3-5years of bad, bad seasons. You also will need to bring in good veterans, like Plekanec, that are solid leaders and role models for your youngsters.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Timmins: "We draft players based on what we think they CAN be five years down the road."

Old
11-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Timmins: "We draft players based on what we think they CAN be five years down the road."
That's just the definition of what a scout is.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
That

Galchenyuk is playing RW on a line with Boucher and Sarault again.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Galchenyuk still stuck on RW. At least they replaced Boucher with Moore for the opening faceoff it seems, but still.

This is really becoming tough, we obviously want Gally to do well, but him doing well also prevents change.

We pretty much need to root for Sarault to get hurt, don't we? Sheesh.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
That

Galchenyuk looking good after his first shift. Missed one from in tight on the PP.

Sarault hit the post, looked like Galchenyuk did also though.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
That

Goal! Absolute rocket. He scored that exactly where he scores most of his goals.

He's shot 5 times already. That's more than he's had in the past two games combined

Old
11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Goal!!! Sounded like a good shot.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Another great play it seems, Galchenyuk pass to Sarault. Gally side-stepped 2 Whalers. 2nd point.

Sarnia Sting ‏@StingHockey
Alex Galchenyuk makes a beautiful play to side step a couple Whalers and then find Charlie Sarault all alone at the side of the net

Old
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
That

What an assist! Amazing move by Galchenyuk then a nice pass to Sarault

Galchenyuk is dominating. Best player on the ice by a large margin so far. Sarault and Galchenyuk are really clicking well with Moore tonight.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Galchenyuk is dominating. Best player on the ice by a large margin so far. Sarault and Galchenyuk are really clicking well with Moore tonight.
Sick.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:55 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

That, are you really watching the Sarnia game on Hockeystreams? I opened the Sarnia game and the Bulldogs game and I can't watch the Sarnia game after seeing the Bulldogs game in HD
The Sarnia game seems so blurry today...

Old
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
That, are you really watching the Sarnia game on Hockeystreams? I opened the Sarnia game and the Bulldogs game and I can't watch the Sarnia game after seeing the Bulldogs game in HD
The Sarnia game seems so blurry today...
Yes.

It's hard to follow the puck because it's so blurry . It's blurry because it's in Plymouth. They usually don't broadcast their home games on TV, so we only get the OHLlive feed. Either that or it's a local feed that only the OHL action pack doesn't pick up, similar to Erie's broadcasts.

Closed Thread