HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2012-2013 AUS Regular Season Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
FreddtFoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Kidd and McNeil were out for the V-Reds. Not sure if it was a numbers issue or injury related.
MacNeil had to sit out a game as a result of that 5-minute checking from behind major penalty in Dal game. Not sure about Kidd, who was behind the bench last night.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
This team keeps rolling along, it will be interesting to see the results of their big road game tonight against Acadia. Are both teams healthy?
Moncton has been missing Quesnsal all year I believe...so they haven't iced their best lineup yet.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
RED ARMY EAST

U de M

A win by Moncton tonight, should have them in #1 in the weekly rankings. They also waxed Saskatchewan at Nationals in March. That was last season, but the teams have not lost much, outside Oullet for Moncton and Ross for the Huskies.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Archie Jones

We saw tonight one of the reasons AUS hockey doesn't get the respect it deserves. The officiating is an absolute joke.

This game has to go down as the "Thayer Doyle show". UNB pretty well dominated SMU 5 on 5 and outshot them badly but Mr. Doyle was bound and determined to affect the outcome of the game tonight and he did!

UNB did deserve several of the penalties and that continues to be a concern but there were far too many borderline and mystery calls and non calls the other way.

The penalty call on Pridham to put UNB 2 players down was really a cheap call. Then, the non call against SMU during the 5 on 3 for goaltender interference was hard to believe! That could have changed the game right there. Shortly after SMU scored their 2 gift goals.

Last edited by Archie Jones: 11-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Archie Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

I have always believed that he is out to get UNB...and tonight didn't really do too much to change my mind. What a joke. I am curious to see the boxscore since I lost count...but it must have been atleast 7 or 8, if not more, penalties in a row. The UNB pk's did a great job but when you are shorthanded that many times in a row you are bound to give up a couple. Having said all of that, you are right, most of them were deserved and UNB needs to address that in a hurry. I think the increase in penalties come back to the fact that they are running around in their own end more this year than in past years....and another brutal turnover led to the first SMU goal.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Jones View Post
The penalty call on Pridham to put UNB 2 players down was really a cheap call. Then, the non call against SMU during the 5 on 3 for goaltender interference was hard to believe! That could have changed the game right there. Shortly after SMU scored their 2 gift goals.
I agree, the call on Pridham was pretty weak. It couldn't have been too hard of a slash considering he dropped his stick in the process. But I don't know if that non-call on the interference should have been a penalty...I think Fullerton tried to sell that one by kind of skating in to the SMU guy who was laying on the ice.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Archie Jones

Unbelievably the shots were 37 - 20 in favor of UNB despite the fact that SMU was awarded 13, yes 13 power plays to UNB's 3. UNB did do a great job of penalty killing until they were given the giant task of killing back to back consecutive 5 On 3 situations.

I guess we should not be surprised anymore by any call Thayer Doyle makes! Remember this is the same highly trained official who gave Tyler Carroll a "delay of game" penalty for hitting the centre ice score clock!

You are left with the feeling after a game like this of, "How is this allowed to happen?"

Old
11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Just too many penalties. I agree with the calls that led to the 3-5, but the call on Denny and Marc-Antonie were a bit heavy handed and some of the calls in the second were a mystery to me

The call on UNB (I think it was Swan) for Goalie Interference was a joke - he was aggresively helped into the net by the SMU Defenceman. No way that's his fault.

They had 8 calls in a row (4 in the 2nd and 4 in the 3rd). That's 16 min and I think the final count was 20min (1/3 of the game - and they still had 37 shots).

UNB's record with Doyle the ref is 1-2 (UdeM and SMU).

Drummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Jones View Post
Unbelievably the shots were 37 - 20 in favor of UNB despite the fact that SMU was awarded 13, yes 13 power plays to UNB's 3. UNB did do a great job of penalty killing until they were given the giant task of killing back to back consecutive 5 On 3 situations.
And SMU had the first 7 shots of the game, before all the penalties...so it was basically 37-13 for UNB despite SMU having 13 of the 16 PP's....not that it really matters at the end of the day though.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:22 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
UNB's record with Doyle the ref is 1-2 (UdeM and SMU).
And that Moncton game seen UNB have 44 PIM to Moncton's 16...although they did have one more PP (8 vs. 7)...UNB had 3 10 minute misconducts to none for Moncton. Also there were two refs for that game so it may not have been all Doyle in that one.

He was the lone ref in the season opener against STU when UNB had 26 PIM/4 power plays to STU's 12 PIM/6 power plays.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
VRedsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
And that Moncton game seen UNB have 44 PIM to Moncton's 16...although they did have one more PP (8 vs. 7)...UNB had 3 10 minute misconducts to none for Moncton. Also there were two refs for that game so it may not have been all Doyle in that one.

He was the lone ref in the season opener against STU when UNB had 26 PIM/4 power plays to STU's 12 PIM/6 power plays.
I have a rule about not grumbing about referees. But Doyle makes me break it every time. He is an embarassment to AUS. Yes many calls deserved but two blatant brutal calls in 2nd and then totally ignores an extra man until his linesman calls it for him. And then all the interference calls in both zones. His personal vendetta is very obvious. I am sure Steiny had a smirk on his face enjoying this :-)

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Archie Jones

Even if Travis tried to sell the goalie interference call a little ( I don't know if he did ) like it was suggested, the player was already interferring by laying in his crease. Travis has to be able to move freely especially on a 5 on 3. The ref has to make that call after all the consecutive calls against UNB, with UNB 2 men short and after the goalie interference call against Swan at the other end which was even more questionable!

A penalty call against SMU then probably would have changed the final outcome! Doyle didn't make the call despite all the reasons to make it.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
SuperSquirrel

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNB had to kill off at least a portion of a 5-3 in each game they've played so far?

SuperSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
FreddtFoyle

It was a Thayer Doyle feces fest tonight, and I'm another that tries to stick to the rule of not criticizing the refs.

Until tonight, I had never seen fans throw debris on the ice at the AUC.

Until tonight, I have never seen the notoriously meek AUC fans start chanting, loudly, "We want a ref."

We have hit new lows on how officiating, including missed calls by linesmen can ruin a good hockey game, depriving both the players and the fans - the folks who pay to come to the game and essentially pay for the officials.

What an embarrassment for the AUS.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSquirrel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't UNB had to kill off at least a portion of a 5-3 in each game they've played so far?
Yup...and if my quick math is correct they have given up 5 5-on-3 goals so far this year.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:16 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
It was a Thayer Doyle feces fest tonight, and I'm another that tries to stick to the rule of not criticizing the refs.

Until tonight, I have never seen the notoriously meek AUC fans start chanting, loudly, "We want a ref."

We have hit new lows on how officiating, including missed calls by linesmen can ruin a good hockey game, depriving both the players and the fans - the folks who pay to come to the game and essentially pay for the officials.

And you make a good point with your tweet...coaches and players can't criticize them or else the league will suspend or fine them, instead of investigating the reason for the outrage.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
And you make a good point with your tweet...coaches and players can't criticize them or else the league will suspend or fine them, instead of investigating the reason for the outrage.
As Coach Mac said after tonight's game, "When we’re not happy with our Premier, we can talk about him. If we’re not happy about our Prime Minister, we can talk about him. But I have no comment, unfortunately."

Old
11-03-2012, 11:02 PM
AUS Fan

In other news, Acadia defeated UdeM 4-0. Similar to last weeks win over UNB, the Axemen played a solid game, never giving Moncton much room to wheel and deal. Other than the 1st goal, the goalie can`t be faulted for the loss.
With the 4 point weekend, expect Acadia to move up in the CIS ranking as UNB drops a spot or two based on the loss against SMU.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:45 AM
rantfather

Feces fest night! Lol

Quote:

Now that is GOOD,VERY GOOD in fact and could be used to describe ANY Thayer Doyle officiated contest.......I am 1000 miles away and could smell that one.

It is my understanding that be no longer does the "Q" games anymore and is a disgrace to the referees Association

His egotistical display is always in the way of a game being called appropriately.

HE SHOULD BE BANNED,his like is ruining AUS hockey.

RANTFATHER.

Last edited by rantfather: 11-04-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
In other news, Acadia defeated UdeM 4-0. Similar to last weeks win over UNB, the Axemen played a solid game, never giving Moncton much room to wheel and deal. Other than the 1st goal, the goalie can`t be faulted for the loss.
With the 4 point weekend, expect Acadia to move up in the CIS ranking as UNB drops a spot or two based on the loss against SMU.
I expect Acadia to be at least number three.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

The AUS site has been completely revamped...and is better than it was before. The only gripe I have is that it looks like all of the old boxscores from previous season have been deleted, which sucks...unless I'm just not looking in the wrong place.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
The AUS site has been completely revamped...and is better than it was before. The only gripe I have is that it looks like all of the old boxscores from previous season have been deleted, which sucks...unless I'm just not looking in the wrong place.
I see no difference to the site:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.com/mens/hockey/

For stats, just change the year in this url:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...0/CONFSTAT.HTM

And here's a random box score from 2010-11:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...0/FEB05SMU.HTM

Are there any other links? If so, I'll add them to my all-links post:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=9

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:12 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I see no difference to the site:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.com/mens/hockey/

For stats, just change the year in this url:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...0/CONFSTAT.HTM

And here's a random box score from 2010-11:
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...0/FEB05SMU.HTM

Are there any other links? If so, I'll add them to my all-links post:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...57&postcount=9
All of those are coming up as "page could not be found" for me...hmm.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Doyle

Quote:

Get him out! I have seen him time in and time out, completely mess up games in the LBR!
It's been a joke for years and any fan that knows him would agree. I didn't see the game, but tuned into the radio to hear the disgusted crowd, who were chanting very loud for his removal and throwing stuff all over the ice. That's bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Rob

Yeah, the new AUS site looks a lot like the OUA site now. Hopefully they will provide live stats with games in the future.

From last night:

SMU 4 UNB 3 - Enough has already been said. However, I will add that Fullerton still does not look comfortable in nets. Also, UNB only dressed 5 dmen.

Dal 2 STU 0- Dal scores late in the third period to take the lead. Groenheyde with 40 saves. Not sure the quality of the shots but Tommies are still giving up too many.

Acadia 4 Moncton 0 - Looks like the Axemen really outplayed them. Outshot Les Aigles two to one.

UPEI 3 STFX 2 (ot) - X now losers of 5 in a row. Need more than 24 shots against a great goaltender like Savage.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote