HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rochester Americans vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:00pm ET TVA Sports, Sportsnet ONE,TVA

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
What is Sylvain Lefebvre doing? Why would you sit Beaulieu, I thought we were supposed to be developping our youth. Having St-Denis and Nash (who will never play in the NHL) on in the last minute is NOT developing the youth..
On this forum, Nash and St-Denis have lots of fans, though I'm not among them.

Old
sheed36

Bulldogs win.. 4 point night for Gally and the Habs win against the Bruins 5-0.. Great night I'd say..

Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was it Tinordi that decked that guy haha?
It was Nash.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:39 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
What a game

4 straight goals for the win

Old
11-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Andy

My new man crush is with Holland. Seriously. This kid is good. Keep an eye on him guys.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Great game, and the Dogs showed they can turn it on when needed.

Really happy Bealieu got the monkey off his back.

Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
What is Sylvain Lefebvre doing? Why would you sit Beaulieu, I thought we were supposed to be developping our youth. Having St-Denis and Nash (who will never play in the NHL) on in the last minute is NOT developing the youth..

If you do not trust Beaulieu, the least you can do is play Tinordi or Ellis.
Benched due to him blowing his cover on the guy in front of the net, which led to Rochester's third goal. It was a bonehead play, although not entirely his fault with St-Denis losing his guy in the corner. Still, as a defender, you are taught NEVER to leave the guy you are covering in front of the net open. Lefebvre did the right thing by sitting Beaulieu. That's what you do with young players playing in their first AHL season.

Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Go Dogs Go!

3-1, Gallagher, BEAULIEU and the Geoff score goals!
YEAH! I had the scorers right

I was pretty stoked when Beaulieu scored. The Geoff was just far better than I expected.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:41 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
On this forum, Nash and St-Denis have lots of fans, though I'm not among them.
Fans or not, I am not saying I do not like them as players. However, we can all agree that Lefebvre should be developing our youth, and that means playing them in pressure situations such as the last minute of a close game... Just do not understand this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Benched due to him blowing his cover on the guy in front of the net, which led to Rochester's third goal. It was a bonehead play, although not entirely his fault with St-Denis losing his guy in the corner. Still, as a defender, you are taught NEVER to leave the guy you are covering in front of the net open. Lefebvre did the right thing by sitting Beaulieu. That's what you do with young players playing in their first AHL season.
Agreed, he did blow cover. But however St-Denis is just as much as fault as Beaulieu as he did not get the puck out and essentially caused the turnover, forget the fact that he lost his guy. I don't agree about sitting him, they are young, and they will mistakes. They will learn, You do not think Beaulieu knows he should have stayed infront? Either way, I prefer to get a L and have our youth develop, he could have replaced Beaulieu with Tinordi or Ellis and I would have been pleased.

Old
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Best defenceman : Jared Tinordi
Best forward: Brandon Gallagher

my top 3 stars

1-Gallagher
2-Tinordi
3-Geoffrion

HM: Holland

Old
DAChampion

Patrick Holland now has 5 points 8 games, and Brendan Gallagher has 6 points in 8 games.

Good starts for the two forwards I ave hope for.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
YEAH! I had the scorers right

I was pretty stoked when Beaulieu scored. The Geoff was just far better than I expected.
Beaulieu didn't score. Blunden tipped the shot in.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
St. Denis did the same thing on Rochesters first goal though.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Fans or not, I am not saying I do not like them as players. However, we can all agree that Lefebvre should be developing our youth, and that means playing them in pressure situations such as the last minute of a close game... Just do not understand this..
Tinordi and Ellis were out there in the final minute. Relax. Beaulieu's game is not about shutting people down anyway.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:43 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Nash and St-Denis are regarded by some as potential NHL players.

Also, it's important for the team to be a winning team. The youth will develop better if they go through a deep playoff run.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Patrick Holland now has 5 points 8 games, and Brendan Gallagher has 6 points in 8 games.

Good starts for the two forwards I ave hope for.
They compliment each other really well too. Gally has a knack for getting into open spots and releasing his shot and Holland just sees the ice so well.

Both need work on foot speed, though. I am a fan of both however and I definitely NHL upside in both!

Old
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
My new man crush is with Holland. Seriously. This kid is good. Keep an eye on him guys.
He really IS good. Not Jean-Phillipe Cote or Brendon Nash type of good.

Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
St. Denis did the same thing on Rochesters first goal though.
St-Denis is not a rookie. Beaulieu is. A rookie mistake is almost always met with a missed shift or two. Proper development.

Old
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Tinordi and Ellis were out there in the final minute. Relax. Beaulieu's game is not about shutting people down anyway.
St-Denis and Nash were most definitely on the ice during the scrum... I am not saying for Beaulieu to be on the ice, but have Tinordi and/or Ellis.

Quote:
St-Denis is not a rookie. Beaulieu is. A rookie mistake is almost always met with a missed shift or two. Proper development.
How? So you are saying Veterans should be making mistakes, but rookies are not allowed. If anything, it should be the opposite.. I don't agree with this at all.. sorry.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Great comeback win.

Corbin and Nash threw the two biggest hits by the Dogs.

Gally.. What can you say, great game.

I don't particularly like Beaulieu-St-Denis pairing. St-Denis isn't the best defensively and neither is Beau. He made a bunch of mistakes tonight. I'd say defensively, he was the worst.

Holland is great and a nice part of the deal.

Berger on the pk and the final minutes ? The new Darche ?

Qualier - Love how he uses his size. Needs some time but very well could be an NHLer.

Blunden - Nice goal. Still, I think he's more useful in the NHL than in the AHL for some reason. Even St-Denis looked better in the NHL than A.

Corbin - Couldn't clear, and then everyone on the Dogs came down low to help out and left the man wide open. Limited ice time, but he had at least 3 blocked shots and one nice hit.

Walking home today I realized that our 7 d in Hamilton and our top d (Stejskal) in the ECHL, we only have 1 below 6'0 and that's St'Denis. After him is 6'1 Beaulieu, then 6'2 and up. Pretty big d core.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
He's just so smart. Slows the play down and makes slick passes. I wasn't incredibly high on him after the Bourque trade, but he's making me a believer.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
St-Denis and Nash were most definitely on the ice during the scrum... I am not saying for Beaulieu to be on the ice, but have Tinordi and/or Ellis.
Tinordi-Ellis were on with around a minute left, pretty certain.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Agreed, he did blow cover. But however St-Denis is just as much as fault as Beaulieu as he did not get the puck out and essentially caused the turnover, forget the fact that he lost his guy. I don't agree about sitting him, they are young, and they will mistakes. They will learn, You do not think Beaulieu knows he should have stayed infront? Either way, I prefer to get a L and have our youth develop, he could have replaced Beaulieu with Tinordi or Ellis and I would have been pleased.
Sorry, I disagree on all fronts here.

As mentioned before, St-Denis is not a rookie. He'll get his ear chewed off on the bench but benching a player after a bad mistake is usually meant for rookies who need to still learn as they go. Whether Beaulieu knows or not, doesn't make a difference. Hopefully now he knows that making a mistake like that will lead to a benching. Had he stayed in front and covered the guy, the option of a pass out front would have not been there. The player with the puck would have likely had to circle around the net.

I'd rather have the W and have these kids learn under a winning way. Beaulieu got the proverbial monkey off his back by picking up an assist, learned a lesson about covering your man at all times, and got to celebrate a hard fought victory.

Quote:
How? So you are saying Veterans should be making mistakes, but rookies are not allowed. If anything, it should be the opposite.. I don't agree with this at all.. sorry.
I didn't say that. I said veterans and rookies are treated differently. St-Denis lost his man due to speed, not a mistake in judgement. Beaulieu left his man out in front to cover someone that he shouldn't have been covering.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Et le But

Quote:
The Holland bandwagon gets bigger by the day.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Protest the Hero

Yeah, Tinordi-Ellis would have been exhausted if they stayed on till the end. That's a great pairing btw, hope to see it in the NHL someday.

Closed Thread