HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Gauthier could drop due to the likely variation of rankings on team lists. Still, I doubt that given the fact that there will LIKELY be a QMJHL bias this year. Just like something like the "Russian Factor," teams will be influenced by the talk that "the QMJHL is very deep this year and may be the best Q draft in a long time." Not to say teams may not like Gauthier just because of what he brings to the table, but I do think he should go in the top 30.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Gauthier could drop due to the likely variation of rankings on team lists. Still, I doubt that given the fact that there will LIKELY be a QMJHL bias this year. Just like something like the "Russian Factor," teams will be influenced by the talk that "the QMJHL is very deep this year and may be the best Q draft in a long time." Not to say teams may not like Gauthier just because of what he brings to the table, but I do think he should go in the top 30.
There will be at least 9 Euros in the 1st round,another 3-4 from the USHL,that leaves 17-18 1st round picks.OHL & WHL should have 7 each,leaving 4 picks for QMJHL.MacKinnon,Drouin,Carrier,Erne, Fucale,are five 1st rounders,then there are Gauthier,Duclair,Graves,Sorenson,Mantha,Zykov,Lafo ntaine and Morin in the 2nd round.Plenty of great talents in this draft and the OHL & WHL always have their late risers,it promises to be interesting with the Habs 4 picks in the top 60.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
There will be at least 9 Euros in the 1st round,another 3-4 from the USHL,that leaves 17-18 1st round picks.OHL & WHL should have 7 each,leaving 4 picks for QMJHL.MacKinnon,Drouin,Carrier,Erne, Fucale,are five 1st rounders,then there are Gauthier,Duclair,Graves,Sorenson,Mantha,Zykov,Lafo ntaine and Morin in the 2nd round.Plenty of great talents in this draft and the OHL & WHL always have their late risers,it promises to be interesting with the Habs 4 picks in the top 60.
Lafontaine? no way he isn't at the same level as these guys.

Dauphin and Gregoire will be picked before him.

you can also add Poirier and Reway to the mix of top 3 rounds.

in my own order:

1st round locks: Mackinnon, Drouin, Erne,
mid-1st/beginning of seconduclair,Carrier, Mantha, Fucale, Gauthier, Morin
2nd to third rounders: Dauphin, Sorensen, Gregoire, Poirier, Reway, Graves, Murphy.
Later: Zykov, Dea, Paquin-Boudreault, Lafontaine, M-O Roy, P.Desrosiers, Phaneuf

+ some late risers possibles.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:06 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The draft order will be the only way to actually pick accurately,if the Habs are picking anywhere close to their usual spot,16th-18th.Then I will be happy with Carrier LW in the 1st round,Mantha would be my first pick in the 2nd,then Gauthier and if available Tyler Hill.My 3rd round choice if there still Sam Morin,these players bring talent,grit and size on both forwards & defence which the Habs can't get enough of IMHO.The fifth round pick I leave to Timmins,Sam Henley in the 6th round and a goalie with the 7th round pick.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Teamwork

I feel like Timmins is really building the team form the net out, despite having a weak goalie prospect pool. Other than that, Hamilton has great defensemen with Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis and St-Denis. In my opinion the forwards in Hamilton aren't exceptional but it doesn't matter as Timmins drafted some awesome looking forwards last year with Galchenyuk, Collberg, Bozon, Vail and Hudon.

The defensemen that are in Hamilton will most likely play with the Habs before the Forwards that were drafted last year, even though defensemen take a little longer to develop.

I would like Timmins to draft some more size this year to encompass the skilled forwards he drafted last year.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Just looking at McKeen's Nov-12 listing and they too believe this is the year of the Q - they already have 7 in the top 30 (MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, Erne, Carrier, Gauthier & Mantha) with possibly more to come (Duclair, Zykov e.g.) However, I doubt Gauthier drops - McKeen's already has him a heady #17 and he is just adjusting to the league. My take on Gauthier is now up on TheHockeyWritersCombine.

They also have Adam Erne at 21 which I think is too low. If he continues to develop, he could push top 10 - just my humble opinion but I like him a lot.

Update: Erne with 3 goals so far tonight.

Last edited by ikelechien: 11-02-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Update
Old
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Lafontaine? no way he isn't at the same level as these guys.

Dauphin and Gregoire will be picked before him.

you can also add Poirier and Reway to the mix of top 3 rounds.

in my own order:

1st round locks: Mackinnon, Drouin, Erne,
mid-1st/beginning of seconduclair,Carrier, Mantha, Fucale, Gauthier, Morin
2nd to third rounders: Dauphin, Sorensen, Gregoire, Poirier, Reway, Graves, Murphy.
Later: Zykov, Dea, Paquin-Boudreault, Lafontaine, M-O Roy, P.Desrosiers, Phaneuf

+ some late risers possibles.
Zykov and Lafontaine have had some very impressive starts so far though.... Not on the big guys level but Lafontaine has been the best player on a disappointing Titan team... They could rise into a 3rd/4th round pick or so.

So many power forwards this year too. I think Erne is a cut above the rest when it's all said and done.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Zykov and Lafontaine have had some very impressive starts so far though.... Not on the big guys level but Lafontaine has been the best player on a disappointing Titan team... They could rise into a 3rd/4th round pick or so.

So many power forwards this year too. I think Erne is a cut above the rest when it's all said and done.
I think Nichushkin will be right up there with him.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
https://twitter.com/AnthonyStelll/st...75352571142146

Quote:
Just spoke to Trevor Timmins, he said he likes Drouin and is keeping a close eye on him. #Habs #2013NHLdraft
Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov
Jonathan Drouin showing he can shoot it too, rips it from off wing to make it 3-0. Kid is good.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Ryan Yessie ‏@RyanHPscout
Not a good sight. Jonathan Drouin takes an awkward hit and goes off limping in a lot of pain. Hope it is not serious.

Oh for the love of god, just when we were going to see him potentially three times on TV next week (Subway series and Sportsnet showing a game next Friday against Gatineau).

Edit: Leroux tweets he's back on the ice, good.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ryan Yessie ‏@RyanHPscout
Not a good sight. Jonathan Drouin takes an awkward hit and goes off limping in a lot of pain. Hope it is not serious.

Oh for the love of god, just when we were going to see him potentially three times on TV next week (Subway series and Sportsnet showing a game next Friday against Gatineau).

Edit: Leroux tweets he's back on the ice, good.
I wouldn't have hated another gally situation where the injury helps him drop to our draft spot

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Hah, true that. I still want to see him play a game on TV.

There were some Monahan doubters around here, he's been on fire recently, 12 points in 5 games.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
I feel like Timmins is really building the team form the net out, despite having a weak goalie prospect pool. Other than that, Hamilton has great defensemen with Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis and St-Denis. In my opinion the forwards in Hamilton aren't exceptional but it doesn't matter as Timmins drafted some awesome looking forwards last year with Galchenyuk, Collberg, Bozon, Vail and Hudon.

The defensemen that are in Hamilton will most likely play with the Habs before the Forwards that were drafted last year, even though defensemen take a little longer to develop.

I would like Timmins to draft some more size this year to encompass the skilled forwards he drafted last year.
We're missing a Hartnell type in the organization.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
https://twitter.com/AnthonyStelll/st...75352571142146

Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov
Jonathan Drouin showing he can shoot it too, rips it from off wing to make it 3-0. Kid is good.
Yes, baby, yes.

Drouin-Galchenyuk

Teams would have to sell their soul to get the puck from us.,

Old
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes, baby, yes.

Drouin-Galchenyuk

Teams would have to sell their soul to get the puck from us.,
Oh hell yeah. Who's the lucky winger to complete that line? FA: Patrick Kane?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think Nichushkin will be right up there with him.
Didn't he sign a KHL Card? Or does he plan on coming to NA?... I remember the day before the Import Draft, it was rumoured the Cats plans had changed, and they ended up with Barbeshev...

Old
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Hah, true that. I still want to see him play a game on TV.
The Mooseheads worst performances in the last several years have come on sportsnet lol... Hope we buck that trend..... Everyone will be sick of the names Fucale, MacKinnon and Drouin by next Saturday lol.

As for the possible Drouin - Galch combo, it doesn't matter who the other winger is, you're not getting the puck lol.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
15m Dominic Beauchemin Dominic Beauchemin ‏@beautchy10

@jodrouin27 signing Shine bright like a Diamond mond mond mond in the bus ! #Roady to Rimouski ! Follow this guy #SubwaySeries #sickHands
Retweeted by jonathan drouin

I guess the injury might not be too bad if he retweeted something that relates to him playing in the subway series.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:22 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Who are the guys who could make it to the NHL next season?

Old
11-04-2012, 12:25 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
15m Dominic Beauchemin Dominic Beauchemin ‏@beautchy10

@jodrouin27 signing Shine bright like a Diamond mond mond mond in the bus ! #Roady to Rimouski ! Follow this guy #SubwaySeries #sickHands
Retweeted by jonathan drouin

I guess the injury might not be too bad if he retweeted something that relates to him playing in the subway series.
Well, that was Beauchemin that said that... But I watched the game, he's fine

Old
11-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Well, that was Beauchemin that said that... But I watched the game, he's fine
i know but he retweeted it

Old
11-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov and Monahan for sure.

Possibly Lindholm and Drouin. Lindholm because he's already playing well in the SEL. For Drouin, it would depend on his training goes and how he adapts vs men in pre-season, but clearly the hands and hockey sense are ready for the show.

Pulock and Shinkaruk also have a shot due to being 94's and having played 3 seasons in WHL.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Et le But

Quote:
MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov and Monahan for sure.

Possibly Lindholm and Drouin. Lindholm because he's already playing well in the SEL. For Drouin, it would depend on his training goes and how he adapts vs men in pre-season, but clearly the hands and hockey sense are ready for the show.

Pulock and Shinkaruk also have a shot due to being 94's and having played 3 seasons in WHL.
Lindholm, Drouin and Shinkaruk are there talent wise but maybe not physically, Lindholm might be there but the wingers definitely need a little more muscle before playing in the NHL.

Mackinnon, Monahan and Barkov are NHL ready.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
The question involving draft prospects should always be: Who will be the best player over the course of their careers?

Old
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Red Line Report ‏@daredlinereport
OK, after seeing Halifax again last night we'll be the 1st to say it publicly: Nathan MacKinnon may not be the best prospect on his own team

Red Line Report ‏@daredlinereport
By the way, that last tweet is no knock on MacKinnon -- Jonathan Drouin is just that good! Electrifying.

Closed Thread