HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Bills probably feel that Ron Brooks will be back off the designated-to-return IR soon, so they will bolster the CB ranks that way. Should also help with special teams coverage too.
That seems silly, Brooks isn't anywhere near as talented as Talib.

Last edited by HockeyH3aven: 11-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old
11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ce=twitterfeed

Um old man Buddy, in either for this to happen you have to be THAT bad. Also...the draft for QBs outside of Barkley is WEAK.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
LOL:

Um old man Buddy, in either for this to happen you have to be THAT bad. Also...the draft for QBs outside of Barkley is WEAK.
I'm a big fan of Klein. Hes got good size, and is accurate with a good arm.

Not a fan of the recent developments of the past few USC quarterbacks in this league, so I would be hesitant on choosing one from there.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:33 PM
MyersMagic57*

Predictions for Bills game this Sunday?

I'm thinking Houston 45-Bills 10

I'm expecting big things out of Arian Foster in fantasy this week and it doesn't seem likely that the bills will take this one

Old
11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
whiplash

WOO, full power back for the first time since Monday night. And just in time, the negativity in this thread is getting OUT OF HAND.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
LOL:

Barkley's stock has been dropping bigtime

Smith is going to be picked higher and looks like better potential NFL #1 at this point

Old
11-02-2012, 09:33 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Barkley's stock has been dropping bigtime

Smith is going to be picked higher and looks like better potential NFL #1 at this point
I'd be surprised if Barkley or Smith isn't the first pick (K.C)

But then it becomes a little tricky. A lot of teams have young QBs now... may be a season where we see QBs drop a bit

Old
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
I'd be surprised if Barkley or Smith isn't the first pick (K.C)

But then it becomes a little tricky. A lot of teams have young QBs now... may be a season where we see QBs drop a bit
IMO here are the teams in the QB market:

Definitely: KC
Likely: Buf, NYJ
Possible: Phi, Az, Jax, Oak

I definitely think QBs are gonna drop...it won't be like 2011 where Newton/Locker/Gabbert/Ponder all went in the top 12, which was higher than expected (specifically for Ponder). Given the fact that the quality is not as good as expected (though quantity is there), you could see teams saying "the dropoff is not that big, we can grab our guy in the 2nd or 3rd rounds."

But let us pose the question: if the Bills have a choice between Manti Teo, Barkevious Mingo, or Jarvis Jones (depending on where the Bills pick its possible all three are off the board, but humor me) and getting a QB (any QB), would anyone choose a QB over one of those LB studs? Even the top QBs just don't scream franchise QB right now.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:20 PM
dma0034

Quote:

I definitely think QBs are gonna drop...it won't be like 2011 where Newton/Locker/Gabbert/Ponder all went in the top 12, which was higher than expected (specifically for Ponder). Given the fact that the quality is not as good as expected (though quantity is there), you could see teams saying "the dropoff is not that big, we can grab our guy in the 2nd or 3rd rounds."

But let us pose the question: if the Bills have a choice between Manti Teo, Barkevious Mingo, or Jarvis Jones (depending on where the Bills pick its possible all three are off the board, but humor me) and getting a QB (any QB), would anyone choose a QB over one of those LB studs? Even the top QBs just don't scream franchise QB right now.
If Barkley isn't available than you take a LB and aim for a QB in round two.
So far the Mock Drafts have the Bills picking up Barkley or Allen (WR, Cal)

Old
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post

I'm expecting big things out of Arian Foster in fantasy this week and it doesn't seem likely that the bills will take this one
I think the Texans could hit 60. They'll probably take it easy in the second half, but their defense will probably get a few scores themselves.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:28 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
I think the Texans could hit 60. They'll probably take it easy in the second half, but their defense will probably get a few scores themselves.
Knowing the Bills they'll win this game like 24-23 and then get blown out by the Patriots haha.

I really expect it to be a 8-9 point win for Houston. 30-21.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
I don't think the Texans have the type of offense to get to 60. They run the ball too much, which will run the clock and reduce the total number of posessions. To get that kind of offensive output you really need the quick strike, and while the Texans could get that, they don't call those kinds of plays as much.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post

Hope not. My opponent has him.

Old man Jackson needs to have a nice day to counter!

Old
11-03-2012, 01:47 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Knowing the Bills they'll win this game like 24-23 and then get blown out by the Patriots haha.

I really expect it to be a 8-9 point win for Houston. 30-21.
Could be right. Doesn't help NE has a bye week. Who the hell lets this happen? Teams should be on equal bye weeks to make it fair.

The last decade they seem to play NE tough in NE for some unknown reason.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:51 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I'm a big fan of Klein. Hes got good size, and is accurate with a good arm.

Not a fan of the recent developments of the past few USC quarterbacks in this league, so I would be hesitant on choosing one from there.
I agree with you on all this except I really don't know if Klein can become more of a traditional QB. Don't see him running it around like this in the NFL.

I'm not big on Geno Smith. He can be stopped easily KSU and TTU showed.

Not a fan of just drafting a QB to draft one though. This seems like the odd year where theres no true legit QB prospect.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:52 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

MINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Teo is good but how much of it is weak competition. Best team ND has played so far is Oklahoma. Call me after the USC game.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:09 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Could be right. Doesn't help NE has a bye week. Who the hell lets this happen? Teams should be on equal bye weeks to make it fair.

The last decade they seem to play NE tough in NE for some unknown reason.
Bills last four opponents have all had extra time (Cards and Titans played the Thursday before, Texans and Patriots on byes).... then they get Miami on a short week.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
I don't think the Texans have the type of offense to get to 60. They run the ball too much, which will run the clock and reduce the total number of posessions. To get that kind of offensive output you really need the quick strike, and while the Texans could get that, they don't call those kinds of plays as much.
A good running game is a big play offense against the Bumbling Bills. 42-27. Fitz throws for 300 yards after Houston goes up by 28.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:47 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahamer View Post
A retractable stadium would make it usable by other sports, means we could get a SB, also, fans might start to actually go out to games in December.
Buffalo would never get a Super Bowl for one simple reason: the hotel availability is just too damn small. They require much MUCH higher available rooms for hosting a Super Bowl. The only way Jacksonville got it was to have a fleet of cruise ships host people there for the game.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
MINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Teo is good but how much of it is weak competition. Best team ND has played so far is Oklahoma. Call me after the USC game.
notre dame is top 10 in strength of schedule in every poll i've seen. why do you think they are ahead of oregon in the bcs right now? te'o is the real deal.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:35 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
notre dame is top 10 in strength of schedule in every poll i've seen. why do you think they are ahead of oregon in the bcs right now? te'o is the real deal.
This is the Buffalo Bills thread.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
Buffalo would never get a Super Bowl for one simple reason: the hotel availability is just too damn small. They require much MUCH higher available rooms for hosting a Super Bowl. The only way Jacksonville got it was to have a fleet of cruise ships host people there for the game.
If only there was a way to magically make more hotels appear....Perhaps by building a state of the art one downtown with ice rinks? Or a brand spanking new billion dollar retractable roof waterfront stadium?

Old
11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
We're discussing potential draft picks though, and the competition level of those draft picks.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
Watching the ND game now and couldn't agree more. Te'o is incredible I've watched almost every ND game this year and all he does is make plays seems like he's in on almost every play. ND's schedule is also pretty damn tough too so I don't get the "who have they played" argument. The bills would be lucky to get a player like Te'o on their team.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
Quote:
If only there was a way to magically make more hotels appear....Perhaps by building a state of the art one downtown with ice rinks? Or a brand spanking new billion dollar retractable roof waterfront stadium?
and a fictional, pipe dream stadium is somehow more relevant than draft targets?

Closed Thread