HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 11:01 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Getting pretty worked up about an AHL game eh?
This is the most interesting game of hockey I have seen since the NHL playoffs. It was high scoring, violent, and the Hogs had a great comeback win. What more can I ask for? Hockey games are better when you are more emotionally involved.

And yes, I was worked up because I was so into it. I wasn't this worked up in the other Rockford games I've seen this year but these announcers were so annoying and it was so sweet to see the Ice Hogs come back from down 3-1, to win 6-3 and hear them cry and complain. Not to mention it was easily the most physical and chippy game I've seen this year.

And other guy, I am leaving these comments so that other Hawks' fans can read them and see what was going on in the game and how the scores happened. Instead of just stats they can read what happened goal by goal. For instance, if I miss a Hawks game I read through the game day threads. I read them because I like to know more than just who scored but how it happened and who played well. If they bother you then you can report them to a mod or something.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:04 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
This is the most interesting game of hockey I have seen since the NHL playoffs.

And yes, I was worked off because I was so into it. I wasn't this worked up in the other Rockford games I've seen this year but these announcers were so annoying and it was so sweet to see the Ice Hogs come back from down 3-1, to win 6-3 and hear them cry and complain.

And other guy, I am leaving these comments so that other Hawks' fans can read them and see what was going on in the game and how the scores happened. Instead of just stats they can read what happened goal by goal. For instance, if I miss a Hawks game I read through the game day threads. I read them because I like to know more than just who scored but how it happened and who played well. If they bother you then you can report them to a mod or something.
I'll give you that. I've even forced myself to watch a couple AHL games because of this stupid lockout

Old
11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Lake Erie and/or Avs troll. Yeah we follow our prospects around here. If fact all Hawks major boards do. Whats it up to.... four or five now. I lose track. How about Avs fans. Have more than 1 board over there?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:12 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Lake Erie and/or Avs troll. Yeah we follow our prospects around here. If fact all Hawks major boards do. Whats it up to.... four or five now. I lose track. How about Avs fans. Have more than 1 board over there?
Are you seriously trying to brag about how many message boards you guys have? Really?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:13 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to brag about how many message boards you guys have? Really?
Avs >
Avs fans base > > >

attendance

Old
11-03-2012, 11:24 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
This is the most interesting game of hockey I have seen since the NHL playoffs. It was high scoring, violent, and the Hogs had a great comeback win. What more can I ask for? Hockey games are better when you are more emotionally involved.

And yes, I was worked up because I was so into it. I wasn't this worked up in the other Rockford games I've seen this year but these announcers were so annoying and it was so sweet to see the Ice Hogs come back from down 3-1, to win 6-3 and hear them cry and complain. Not to mention it was easily the most physical and chippy game I've seen this year.

I agree with you that this was a game to get worked up over because it was better than any NHL game I saw recently. But I strongly disagree with your thoughts on the hits and the rest of the game. Also don't worry I also have like 8-10 posts in a row in our AHL thread when nobody else is watching the game.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:25 PM
arsenalgooner

The wife and I drove over to Rockford from the Chicago burbs tonight for the Lake Erie game. First minor league hockey game for me since a Wolves game back in 2002 or 2003, and the first one I've had a rooting interest in since attending KC Blades games in the mid 90's of the old IHL.

We had a great time! Game started slow for the Hogs but really picked up and the Hogs dominated. Some great goals, some great rough play. Was good to see Beach score and get a couple of assists. If these bozos in the NHL can't figure out how to split up a few billion dollars we' ll definitely drive back for a few more games. Won't support the Wolves until they get rid of the Vancouver affiliation.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

He was not talking to himself. I very much enjoy the updates and play-by-play of key moments in the Rockford and other Hawks prospect's games. I don't have as much time to follow them anymore so I check this thread each night.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:44 AM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Avs >
Avs fans base > > >

attendance
Should a Hawks fan be pointing to another team's attendance? Look at you guys 6-7 years ago.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
FoppaForsberg*

People actually defending the Barrie hit? C'mon, dirty dirty hit.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:52 AM
IceHog1962

Just got home from Rockford. Great game, really great end to the second period.
Next game for me is Los IceHogs vs Houston on Nov 16th. Hopefully Hackett starts in goal that night for the Aeros.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:53 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Should a Hawks fan be pointing to another team's attendance? Look at you guys 6-7 years ago.
Just messing with you... but it is fun.

As far as attendance goes, you never had the pleasure of having an owner like WWW.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:10 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Speaking of prospects, theres a thread in the NHL forum for the Brick Invitational Tournament. Interesting to see current or former prospects or players that have been in that tournament over the years...

Where are they now...

Jimmy Hayes
Matt Ford
Adam Clendening
Michael Paliotta
Ben Smith
Mark McNeill
Joe Gleason
Ryan Stanton
Dustin Byfuglien
Colin Fraser
Brandon Pirri
Andrew Ladd
Brent Seabrook
Cam Barker
Eric Hunter
David Toews
Jonathan Toews
Jared Walker

Old
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Toews

looks familiar v

Seabrook

Byfuglien

Pacific Vipers - Seabrook, Ladd, Brower, Fraser

Old
11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
I picked one helluva fun game to attend tonight, not gonna lie.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

The IceHogs are coming to my work today to your the plant and if you make donations you can get pictures with the players.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

KYLE BEACH NAMED THE AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK

May be we should have one ********** thread on the prospects sub-forum as well

Old
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
KYLE BEACH NAMED THE AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK

May be we should have one ********** thread on the prospects sub-forum as well
just gave the "Is Beach a Bust" thread a nice bump.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
just gave the "Is Beach a Bust" thread a nice bump.
Let's wait until he actually sticks in Chicago before getting excited. Getting a player of the week award in the minors, four years after being drafted isn't the biggest deal in the world.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Danault is playing in the Q games for the Subway Super Series starting tonight. http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/

It's on sportsnet right now for the Canadians. The second Q game is on nov. 7. mcneill is playing in the nov. 14 game (all on sportsnet)

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 11-05-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
RomersWorld*

Phillip Danault, Dillon Fournier and I believe Maxim Shalunov as well playing in 5 minutes on NHLNetwork for United States.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Phillip Danault, Dillon Fournier and I believe Maxim Shalunov as well playing in 5 minutes on NHLNetwork for United States.
yeah, they're playing, too. sorry, i forgot to mention them. the rosters for the russian team (and the canadian teams) are on the series website: http://www.subwaysuperseries.ca/

if you can see it - it's a good series...yakupov and grigorenko are playing, as well as most of the top canadian prospects

Old
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
RomersWorld*

Danault's line matched up against the Yakupov line. The coach said Danault and his linemates will be matched up against Yakupov all game.

Dillon Fournier is playing on the 1st pairing with Wings' prospect Xavier Ouellet. They will also be out there against Yakupov as much as possible.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

grigorenko scored. 1-0 Russia half way through the 1st. the russians are really fast. the game's more physical than i expected.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Hawkaholic

You can watch it online at firstrowsports.eu

Closed Thread