HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:00pm ET TVA Sports, Sportsnet ONE,TVA

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Are people really afraid about Tinordi's development? Geez, he already plays much better in his 1st AHL season than he played in his first OHL season. Great game tonight. And he might even suprised with some of his offensive instincts. Not saying he's run a PP but he won't be a Gill either.And I will agree with Holland as well....so cerebral than it's scary. If this guy can ever become stronger....we might have something in our hands.

Great game. Though it won't change my mind. I hope we would have added 1 or 2 proven offensive vets to surround our players. It would not have been detrimental to the real prospects and would make us stronger so that we'd might go far in the playoffs and especially with a goalie like Desjardins. Though I have to admit, my whipping boy Mayer hasn't been that bad so far.

Great to see how poise one of my favorites, Ellis has already become. Yet, this guy is the perfect example of the difference between the speed of the player and the first steps of the said player. Ellis has a fine speed. But will have to work on his first steps big time.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Hey guys, 'nucks fan here. I only caught the 3rd period of this game but I just wanted to say, it was exciting! 4 goals in a row, wow. I like the looks of Gallagher, you guys got some good kids coming up.

Cheers!

Old
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Sorry, I disagree on all fronts here.

As mentioned before, St-Denis is not a rookie. He'll get his ear chewed off on the bench but benching a player after a bad mistake is usually meant for rookies who need to still learn as they go. Whether Beaulieu knows or not, doesn't make a difference. Hopefully now he knows that making a mistake like that will lead to a benching. Had he stayed in front and covered the guy, the option of a pass out front would have not been there. The player with the puck would have likely had to circle around the net.

I'd rather have the W and have these kids learn under a winning way. Beaulieu got the proverbial monkey off his back by picking up an assist, learned a lesson about covering your man at all times, and got to celebrate a hard fought victory.
Thats your views, and I respect it. However, what you are forgetting to include was that I was not lobbying for Beaulieu to be on the ice, on the contrary, I want Tinordi And/Or Ellis on, as after all we are relying on these two to eventually become shut down defenseman and play those crucial minutes.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Really hope Palushaj Goeffrion and Blunden never play again with Montreal....
LOL - 3 of Hamilton's 4 goals come from two of these guys, Geoffrion named first star. Yeah, we don't ever want to see anything like that in Montreal!

Old
11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
What is Sylvain Lefebvre doing? Why would you sit Beaulieu, I thought we were supposed to be developping our youth. Having St-Denis and Nash (who will never play in the NHL) on in the last minute is NOT developing the youth..

If you do not trust Beaulieu, the least you can do is play Tinordi or Ellis.
Calm down, Beaulieu will never be a guy we rely on to protect a lead or play the PK, he still has alot of things to learn defensively, he has been properly used so far, cant believe people are already bashing the AHL coach lol, not surprised but still amazed by some fans' attitude..

Old
11-03-2012, 08:58 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
LOL - 3 of Hamilton's 4 goals come from two of these guys, Geoffrion named first star. Yeah, we don't ever want to see anything like that in Montreal!
I don't care about their goals.... Blunden was bad all night long and take stupid penalties all the times....Palushaj can't pass the puck, can't shoot and can't play defensively welll, he does't deserve to play in the NHL anytime soon.... Geoffrion is the best of thoses guys but i am not convince that he can play in the NHL.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was it Tinordi that decked that guy haha?
Nash, I think.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Thats your views, and I respect it. However, what you are forgetting to include was that I was not lobbying for Beaulieu to be on the ice, on the contrary, I want Tinordi And/Or Ellis on, as after all we are relying on these two to eventually become shut down defenseman and play those crucial minutes.
Fair enough. I was just explaining why Beaulieu would be benched.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Calm down, Beaulieu will never be a guy we rely on to protect a lead or play the PK, he still has alot of things to learn defensively, he has been properly used so far, cant believe people are already bashing the AHL coach lol, not surprised but still amazed by some fans' attitude..
Well we are habs fans. We need someone to trash on even when there is no season

Old
11-03-2012, 09:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Well we are habs fans. We need someone to trash on even when there is no season
That's what Kadri is for.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:07 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
I don't care about their goals.... Blunden was bad all night long and take stupid penalties all the times....Palushaj can't pass the puck, can't shoot and can't play defensively welll, he does't deserve to play in the NHL anytime soon.... Geoffrion is the best of thoses guys but i am not convince that he can play in the NHL.
The team with the most goals wins the game, so goals are important whether you care about them or not. Despite your personal feeling about these guys, all three of them could easily be adequate 4th liners in the NHL and find themselves in Montreal once again. I don't have a problem with that.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:07 PM
EveryDay

For the first time of the season Zack Stortini was not useless...

Old
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
The team with the most goals wins the game, so goals are important whether you care about them or not. Despite your personal feeling about these guys, all three of them could easily be adequate 4th liners in the NHL and find themselves in Montreal once again. I don't have a problem with that.
Palushaj can't be effective playing on the NHL on a fourth line..... but i did like Blunden last year for the Habs, but so far this year i feel like he's having trouble playing with the puck and got too much penalties.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Palushaj can't be effective playing on the NHL on a fourth line..... but i did like Blunden last year for the Habs, but so far this year i feel like he's having trouble playing with the puck and got too much penalties.
Sure he can - good speed, good hockey sense, decent defensive play. That's just me though, I know you disagree.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:23 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Beaulieu didn't score. Blunden tipped the shot in.
They gave it to Blunden? Meh, I was sure it went straight in. Boo.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:27 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's what Kadri is for.
OH ya I Forgot thanks

Old
11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
DAChampion

Seeing as how Galchenyuk has the moniker Gally, an appropriate short nickname for Gallagher might be Galla.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597

Old
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Aurel Joliat

Nice comeback by the Bulldogs !

I really liked the play of Geoffrion, Gallagher, Dumont and Tinordi. This team is fun to watch.

The more useless players on the team are Quailer and Nattinen. I hope they will improve their game because for the moment, they don't look AHL caliber.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:27 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
The more useless players on the team are Quailer and Nattinen. I hope they will improve their game because for the moment, they don't look AHL caliber.
They aren't very noticeable. Well Quailer is sometimes, because he's taller than most others, but thats it.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
I could listen to Derek Wills call Bulldogs' goals all day long.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Protest the Hero

Nattinen has a great stick, it's a shame he doesn't have the speed to put it to more use.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:23 PM
lamp9post

To those criticizing Lefebvre, remember his team is now 4-2-2 with a roster full of 1st year professionals. As the season goes on, roles will become more defined and those who deserve it will get their chance to prove themselves in important situations.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Andros777

Brendan Gallagher is the balls.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

Tinordi is really coming along nicely, I personally thought he would struggle alot to adjust to the AHL speed but I was wrong, last 2 games he has been really solid, one of the best Dogs def thats for sure.. I really really like his game and his potential..

Closed Thread