HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
What would it take? A GM putting his entire on the roster on the table, closing his eyes, and letting Ray Shero pick it dry.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:09 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I've said it before, if Pittsburgh trades one of them it should be Crosby. He has less value to Pittsburgh than Malkin because of his health, but he has more value to others despite his health.

Kunitz/Malkin/Neal was the first line last year. If Crosby were traded, Pittsburgh probably sends him West and looks for a good center, a good winger to flank said center, and maybe a top-four defenseman.

Crosby for Richards+Carter+Voynov?
They'd never trade Crosby, healthy or not he brings in fans and $$$. But if they were I'd think it'd cost more like Kopitar + Doughty

Old
11-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Jacob

Both are equally untouchable.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Chukcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
why not? Ovi's production has been declining dramatically, so time has come to trade him while his value is still rather high. Perhaps his combo with Crosby would inspire him.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
tsujimoto74

From Buffalo:
Vanek or Pominville (right-handed shot, either capable of 30+ goals) + two of Grigorenko/Armia/Hodgson/Ennis + any d-man but Myers

Is this even close?

Old
11-03-2012, 06:44 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
From Buffalo:
Vanek or Pominville (right-handed shot, either capable of 30+ goals) + two of Grigorenko/Armia/Hodgson/Ennis + any d-man but Myers

Is this even close?
Nope, you'd have to include Myers. Myers + Hodgson + Griorenko + Vanek, probably wouldn't be enough still.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
They'd never trade Crosby, healthy or not he brings in fans and $$$. But if they were I'd think it'd cost more like Kopitar + Doughty
crosby would never get both kopitar and doughty or even quick This is the core of the kings. They just won a cup with. Sid has serious concusion issues. To me his value has dropped big time. think more richards williams for sid and a contional 2 firsts which disapear should he play more then 70 games a year for the next two years

as far as malkin goes kopitar quick drew and brown would be off the table.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Nope, you'd have to include Myers. Myers + Hodgson + Griorenko + Vanek, probably wouldn't be enough still.
Yeah, not even worth it. No point in gutting everything good off the team for one player.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about. A #1W + a young, huge 1st pairing D + a team's two best prospcets isnt enough? That trade wrecks Buffalo's franchise.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
This is what I'm talking about. A #1W + a young, huge 1st pairing D + a team's two best prospcets isnt enough? That trade wrecks Buffalo's franchise.
Evgeni Malkin is the best player in the world. He is a franchise.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Really? Let's see what Kopitar did last year and what Crosby did last year. Let's see what did they do 2 years ago. Why would I add to Kopitar trading for Crosby? Just cuz Kopitar is Slovenian and Crosby is PR-d Canadian media favorite son? nah

Old
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Really? Let's see what Kopitar did last year and what Crosby did last year. Let's see what did they do 2 years ago. Why would I add to Kopitar trading for Crosby? Just cuz Kopitar is Slovenian and Crosby is PR-d Canadian media favorite son? nah
Crosby scored 7 fewer points while playing in 34 fewer games.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
Crosby scored 7 fewer points while playing in 34 fewer games.
Absolutely, and from this point on he played only 28 NHL games. His next injury could end his career and all talks about his greatness. Kopitar on other hand is an elite big two-way center who is almost 1ppg player and Stanley Cup winner last year....

Old
11-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Absolutely, and from this point on he played only 28 NHL games. His next injury could end his career and all talks about his greatness. Kopitar on other hand is an elite big two-way center who is almost 1ppg player and Stanley Cup winner last year....
their next injury could end anyone's career...

Crosby is so much better than Kopitar that the difference might very well be Doughty...

Old
11-03-2012, 09:44 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Crosby >>>> Kopitar AINEC.

Every player is an injury away from ending their career.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
From Buffalo:

Is this even close?
Not even close. You could add every single player you just listed and it still wouldn't be enough. Myers would have to be included for it to even be heard.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Backes, Pietrangelo, and Halak are untouchables from the Blues. So here is my offer:

Berglund, Shattenkirk, Perron, Stewart, Schwartz, 2013 1st

Berglund - a quality two-way big bodied center to fill the void left by dealing a center; value - moderate

Shattenkirk - a PMD with two 43 point seasons in his first two years, a quality second option behind Letang; value - high

Perron - a quality top six winger with dazzling hands, has 30/30 potential, but always wants the puck on his stick; value - high to moderate

Stewart - a bit of a gamble here, with two 28 goal seasons, Stewart has some talent to show in a more open system; value - moderate

Schwartz - top tier prospect, known for his ability vision and play-making ability, 1st line winger potential with Crosby and Neal, two more years of ELC = small cap hit; value - high

2013 1st - with the acquisition of Malkin, expect this to be a low pick; value - low

How far off am I?

Blues lineup after trade:

McDonald/Malkin/Oshie
Steen/Backes/Tarasenko
D'Agostini/Sobotka/Stewart
Reaves/Nichol/Langenbrunner

Cole/Pietrangelo
Jackman/Polak
Russell/Wyowitka
Sheilds

Halak
Elliott

Old
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Crosby >>>> Kopitar AINEC.

Every player is an injury away from ending their career.
until sid plays a full season hes damaged good plain and simple. Therefore not worth kopitar or any of the core in la. Also la has no reason to trade there core. anyperson that thinks sid right now is worth more then kopitar simpley is showing there homerism

Old
11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
until sid plays a full season hes damaged good plain and simple. Therefore not worth kopitar or any of the core in la. Also la has no reason to trade there core. anyperson that thinks sid right now is worth more then kopitar simpley is showing there homerism
...Kopitar is good, great even. But Crosby is the face of the NHL.
Crosby >>> Kopitar, the fact you say Kopitar > Crosby is hilarious.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
...Kopitar is good, great even. But Crosby is the face of the NHL.
Crosby >>> Kopitar, the fact you say Kopitar > Crosby is hilarious.
i never once said he was better i said right now i wouldnt trade for sid with any of the la core. Sid needs to get healthy to increase his worth. cause i and any person with a head for hockey would take a heathly kopi over a hurt sid its a easy call

Old
11-03-2012, 10:58 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Homerism? I'm a Flyers fan.

Crosby is worth more than any player on the Kings. Every player is one hit away from never playing again, Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, etc. included. And I didn't say LA had any reason to break up their team, I was simply responding to a crazy thought that someone would chose to have Kopitar over Crosby because it is indeed crazy.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Homerism? I'm a Flyers fan.

Crosby is worth more than any player on the Kings. Every player is one hit away from never playing again, Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, etc. included. And I didn't say LA had any reason to break up their team, I was simply responding to a crazy thought that someone would chose to have Kopitar over Crosby because it is indeed crazy.
No hes not untill he can play a full season I would take the 102 games kopitar played this year over the 22 sid played. No king fan would make trade. Any person that would take a player for 22 games over 102 in the same season isnt thinking right. If u were talking a healthy sid thats a whole different talk but hes not hes one good check from being done permently. As for ur saying so is everyone no there not The check that can finish sid isnt the same severaity People with concusion history like sid are more likely to get hurt then other players without the history

Old
11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
No hes not untill he can play a full season I would take the 102 games kopitar played this year over the 22 sid played. No king fan would make trade. Any person that would take a player for 22 games over 102 in the same season isnt thinking right. If u were talking a healthy sid thats a whole different talk but hes not hes one good check from being done permently. As for ur saying so is everyone no there not The check that can finish sid isnt the same severaity People with concusion history like sid are more likely to get hurt then other players without the history
But Crosby was healthy near the end of the season and had no problems in the playoffs. I don't think the concussion is bothering him at all anymore.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Crosby, as far as I know, is healthy right now, thus him playing at the end of last season and doing as well as he did.

And yes, every single player in the NHL is one good check away from being permanently done, Crosby and Kopitar included. Yes, Crosby has concussion history, but that doesn't make up for him being in a different universe than Kopitar.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
DohBruins

Malkin is the most overrated person on HF.

You are crazy if you say you would rather have Malkin than Crosby, even with Sid's head problems.

Malkin is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on my team, but no gm's would ever do these proposals.

Closed Thread