HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 11:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
But Crosby was healthy near the end of the season and had no problems in the playoffs. I don't think the concussion is bothering him at all anymore.
to me and am sure others He still need to proved it. untill hes played a full season or two He value isnt as high as it would be if he didnt have the issues.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:21 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i never once said he was better i said right now i wouldnt trade for sid with any of the la core. Sid needs to get healthy to increase his worth. cause i and any person with a head for hockey would take a heathly kopi over a hurt sid its a easy call
Crosby already is healthy, he's had loads of time to heal up plus some with this lockout.
And yeah.. obviously a healthy player is better then a hurt player. Take the homer glasses off pal. And besides this concussion he's had plenty of years to " prove himself"

Old
11-03-2012, 11:23 PM
NTP 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
Malkin is the most overrated person on HF.

You are crazy if you say you would rather have Malkin than Crosby, even with Sid's head problems.

Malkin is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on my team, but no gm's would ever do these proposals.
How exactly is Malkin overrated?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Crosby already is healthy, he's had loads of time to heal up plus some with this lockout.
And yeah.. obviously a healthy player is better then a hurt player. Take the homer glasses off pal. And besides this concussion he's had plenty of years to " prove himself"
I ve heard the im healthy from others with concusions. Untill he proves it hes not in my books plain and simple. When he does his worth would go back up but untill then hes not worth it . Any player with concusion issues untill they play a full season clear of systems they are not at the top of there games. Hes oviously the most talented player in the league i ve never once said he wasnt. all im saying id rather have kopitar untill he proves he healthy for a season or two.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
nowhereman

Quote:
crosby would never get both kopitar and doughty or even quick This is the core of the kings. They just won a cup with. Sid has serious concusion issues. To me his value has dropped big time. think more richards williams for sid and a contional 2 firsts which disapear should he play more then 70 games a year for the next two years

Wow, thanks for the laugh...

A Richards+Williams+ offer would have have Ray Shero falling off his chair in hysterics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Really? Let's see what Kopitar did last year and what Crosby did last year. Let's see what did they do 2 years ago. Why would I add to Kopitar trading for Crosby? Just cuz Kopitar is Slovenian and Crosby is PR-d Canadian media favorite son? nah
Crosby, coming off a year-long injury and rusty-as-hell, is still so much better than Kopitar that you better be ready to add a truckload to any offer to the Penguins. Honestly, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if a healthy Crosby beats out Kopitar by 50+ points next year.

Last edited by nowhereman: 11-03-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 11:36 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
I ve heard the im healthy from others with concusions. Untill he proves it hes not in my books plain and simple. When he does his worth would go back up but untill then hes not worth it . Any player with concusion issues untill they play a full season clear of systems they are not at the top of there games. Hes oviously the most talented player in the league i ve never once said he wasnt. all im saying id rather have kopitar untill he proves he healthy for a season or two.
Fair enough, however your responses were quite aggressive which probably rubbed people the wrong way.
However it WOULD cost you Kopitar + Doughty.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

Wow, thanks for the laugh...

A Richards+Williams+ offer would have have Ray Shero falling off his chair in hysterics.

Crosby, coming off a year-long injury and rusty-as-hell, is still so much better than Kopitar that you better be ready to add a truckload to any offer to the Penguins.
The kings have a young core that will only be moved for a upgrade A healthy sid is a upgrade on kopitar but when u factor in drew leaving it makes the team worse Therefore dean would never do that trade. Also right now as i ve said untill he proves hes healthy hes not, So there is no way la trades drew and kopitar for sid It would make them a worse team. I know most people think that with the best player should be the best team but it takes more then one player to make a team. As for my richards and williams offer its no more ridulous then thinking drew and kopitar

Old
11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Fair enough, however your responses were quite aggressive which probably rubbed people the wrong way.
However it WOULD cost you Kopitar + Doughty.
granted i was agressive because i cant belive people think a non heathy sid would bring in that amount because if dean make that trade he would be ran out of town. and rightfully so. I think its because kopitar and alot of the kings players get underrated on here.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
granted i was agressive because i cant belive people think a non heathy sid would bring in that amount because if dean make that trade he would be ran out of town. and rightfully so. I think its because kopitar and alot of the kings players get underrated on here.
Maybe, but I don't think you understand how much Crosby would bring.
PS: Your Richards + Williams deal is ridiculous. If you wanna try and get Crosby that way without giving up Kopitar/Quick/Doughty, think more along the lines of Richards + Carter + Brown + Voynov + 2 1sts.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:02 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Maybe, but I don't think you understand how much Crosby would bring.
PS: Your Richards + Williams deal is ridiculous. If you wanna try and get Crosby that way without giving up Kopitar/Quick/Doughty, think more along the lines of Richards + Carter + Brown + Voynov + 2 1sts.
Put it this way the kings wouldnt be interested in guting there team which your offer would be. Simply put hes not worth 4 peices of a stanly cup team never mind adding 2 frists. OK i will agree its more then just wiliams and richards but not a heck of alot more. i may do richards william martinez and a frists for crosby and two conditional frists As ive said repeatly sid value is decreased untill he can prove he can stay healthy

Old
11-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
As for my richards and williams offer its no more ridulous then thinking drew and kopitar
No... It is far far far more ridiculous. That is laughably, horrendously bad. Richards+Williams for Crosby... Congratulations on making one of the worst proposals ever on this site. That might get you half of Crosby.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:12 AM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Put it this way the kings wouldnt be interested in guting there team which your offer would be. Simply put hes not worth 4 peices of a stanly cup team never mind adding 2 frists. OK i will agree its more then just wiliams and richards but not a heck of alot more. i may do richards william martinez and a frists for crosby and two conditional frists As ive said repeatly sid value is decreased untill he can prove he can stay healthy
No team is interested in gutting a team, however when you're getting the face of the NHL, a lot of teams do it. and yes, Crosby is worth 4 pieces. fewer pieces if you include Doughty and Kopitar. However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:13 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
No... It is far far far more ridiculous. That is laughably, horrendously bad. Richards+Williams for Crosby... Congratulations on making one of the worst proposals ever on this site. That might get you half of Crosby.
if u reread it you will see i said think more richards and williams as i stated above it would be more to it but not alot more for a unhealthy sid the best i see the kings offering would be richard williams martinez and a frist and they would want conditional frists with sid based on number of games played. I dont belive the "im healthy " prove it frist. The kings wouldnt break apart the team for him or anyone player they are the stanely cup champs

Old
11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.
So if he is not accepting your point of view or his spelling is not perfect (you realize people from other countries where English isn't first language could be here) then he must be young? Or he doesn't understand the value?
I know this type of people, they believe that their only two opinions,
Theirs and wrong.
And yeah if you're so pushing for that Sid is the face of NHL during lock-out cause nobody plays

Old
11-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Gagner, Yakupov, Smid, Bunz and a 1st for Malkin, Martin.

Malkin will never be traded. But I thought I would table an offer for a laugh anyways.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
No team is interested in gutting a team, however when you're getting the face of the NHL, a lot of teams do it. and yes, Crosby is worth 4 pieces. fewer pieces if you include Doughty and Kopitar. However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.
lol im in my 40s and i understand that team chemisty and having a young number one defenseman and a point a game center with a soild 2nd line a team that grew up together is worth more then a injuryed sid. untill he plays at least 70 games with injury. Theres no way a cup winning team would gut the team to get him sorry not happening. I cant see why people cant understand that. Untill hes played that hes not worth kopitar

Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
lol im in my 40s and i understand that team chemisty and having a young number one defenseman and a point a game center with a soild 2nd line a team that grew up together is worth more then a injuryed sid. untill he plays at least 70 games with injury. Theres no way a cup winning team would gut the team to get him sorry not happening. I cant see why people cant understand that. Untill hes played that hes not worth kopitar
He's easily worth Kopitar +++ as it stands right now.

But I agree, no team that wants to win should gut their team.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:37 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Thread is about Malkin, not Crosby.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
TL;DR the entire thread, but has anyone beaten Kesler, Schneider, and a (presumably) signed Edler?

Old
11-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Dangles78

To be honest, these threads are useless. Why even start them? Malkin won't be traded (go ahead and bring up gretz) but its not happening

Keep dreaming

Old
11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
Malkin is the most overrated person on HF.

You are crazy if you say you would rather have Malkin than Crosby, even with Sid's head problems.

Malkin is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on my team, but no gm's would ever do these proposals.
Rangers fan chiming in.

I've seen both tear the living **** out of the Rangers. But I think I'd rather have Malkin going forward.

I don't like seeing players being injured and I hope Crosby stays healthy. But his head issues are way more of a concern to me than Malkin's knees.

I think Crosby is better, but not by much. The small gap between the two doesn't negate Crosby's concussion issues.

Malkin more accomplished trophy wise, has more size, more snarl and less injury prone.

Malkin > Crosby going forward.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:58 AM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, however even with Crosby's injury concerns, he still holds more value.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:11 AM
GreyEagle14

I think Sedin+Sedin for Malkin is a very interesting idea. Pair Neal with Crosby and that's arguably the two best lines in the NHL. I don't think it would be worth it though, just based on the difference in age.

As an Oilers fan, I'd do RNH+Eberle+Schultz, with the willingness to add picks/prospects. Not sure if that would be enough though still.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
There's a reason Sid can't be insured for concussions anymore. I'm betting the insurance companies are well informed.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Alluckks

McDonut
Gaborik
Stepan
Kreider
1st

Malkin
Dupuis
Martin