HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2012, 11:18 PM
  #126
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
But Crosby was healthy near the end of the season and had no problems in the playoffs. I don't think the concussion is bothering him at all anymore.
to me and am sure others He still need to proved it. untill hes played a full season or two He value isnt as high as it would be if he didnt have the issues.

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:21 PM
  #127
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i never once said he was better i said right now i wouldnt trade for sid with any of the la core. Sid needs to get healthy to increase his worth. cause i and any person with a head for hockey would take a heathly kopi over a hurt sid its a easy call
Crosby already is healthy, he's had loads of time to heal up plus some with this lockout.
And yeah.. obviously a healthy player is better then a hurt player. Take the homer glasses off pal. And besides this concussion he's had plenty of years to " prove himself"

FoppaForsberg* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:23 PM
  #128
NTP 3
Registered User
 
NTP 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
Malkin is the most overrated person on HF.

You are crazy if you say you would rather have Malkin than Crosby, even with Sid's head problems.

Malkin is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on my team, but no gm's would ever do these proposals.
How exactly is Malkin overrated?

NTP 3 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
  #129
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Crosby already is healthy, he's had loads of time to heal up plus some with this lockout.
And yeah.. obviously a healthy player is better then a hurt player. Take the homer glasses off pal. And besides this concussion he's had plenty of years to " prove himself"
I ve heard the im healthy from others with concusions. Untill he proves it hes not in my books plain and simple. When he does his worth would go back up but untill then hes not worth it . Any player with concusion issues untill they play a full season clear of systems they are not at the top of there games. Hes oviously the most talented player in the league i ve never once said he wasnt. all im saying id rather have kopitar untill he proves he healthy for a season or two.

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
  #130
nowhereman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
crosby would never get both kopitar and doughty or even quick This is the core of the kings. They just won a cup with. Sid has serious concusion issues. To me his value has dropped big time. think more richards williams for sid and a contional 2 firsts which disapear should he play more then 70 games a year for the next two years


Wow, thanks for the laugh...

A Richards+Williams+ offer would have have Ray Shero falling off his chair in hysterics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Really? Let's see what Kopitar did last year and what Crosby did last year. Let's see what did they do 2 years ago. Why would I add to Kopitar trading for Crosby? Just cuz Kopitar is Slovenian and Crosby is PR-d Canadian media favorite son? nah
Crosby, coming off a year-long injury and rusty-as-hell, is still so much better than Kopitar that you better be ready to add a truckload to any offer to the Penguins. Honestly, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if a healthy Crosby beats out Kopitar by 50+ points next year.


Last edited by nowhereman: 11-03-2012 at 11:41 PM.
nowhereman is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:36 PM
  #131
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I ve heard the im healthy from others with concusions. Untill he proves it hes not in my books plain and simple. When he does his worth would go back up but untill then hes not worth it . Any player with concusion issues untill they play a full season clear of systems they are not at the top of there games. Hes oviously the most talented player in the league i ve never once said he wasnt. all im saying id rather have kopitar untill he proves he healthy for a season or two.
Fair enough, however your responses were quite aggressive which probably rubbed people the wrong way.
However it WOULD cost you Kopitar + Doughty.

FoppaForsberg* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
  #132
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post


Wow, thanks for the laugh...

A Richards+Williams+ offer would have have Ray Shero falling off his chair in hysterics.


Crosby, coming off a year-long injury and rusty-as-hell, is still so much better than Kopitar that you better be ready to add a truckload to any offer to the Penguins.
The kings have a young core that will only be moved for a upgrade A healthy sid is a upgrade on kopitar but when u factor in drew leaving it makes the team worse Therefore dean would never do that trade. Also right now as i ve said untill he proves hes healthy hes not, So there is no way la trades drew and kopitar for sid It would make them a worse team. I know most people think that with the best player should be the best team but it takes more then one player to make a team. As for my richards and williams offer its no more ridulous then thinking drew and kopitar

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
  #133
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Fair enough, however your responses were quite aggressive which probably rubbed people the wrong way.
However it WOULD cost you Kopitar + Doughty.
granted i was agressive because i cant belive people think a non heathy sid would bring in that amount because if dean make that trade he would be ran out of town. and rightfully so. I think its because kopitar and alot of the kings players get underrated on here.

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
  #134
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
granted i was agressive because i cant belive people think a non heathy sid would bring in that amount because if dean make that trade he would be ran out of town. and rightfully so. I think its because kopitar and alot of the kings players get underrated on here.
Maybe, but I don't think you understand how much Crosby would bring.
PS: Your Richards + Williams deal is ridiculous. If you wanna try and get Crosby that way without giving up Kopitar/Quick/Doughty, think more along the lines of Richards + Carter + Brown + Voynov + 2 1sts.

FoppaForsberg* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:02 AM
  #135
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Maybe, but I don't think you understand how much Crosby would bring.
PS: Your Richards + Williams deal is ridiculous. If you wanna try and get Crosby that way without giving up Kopitar/Quick/Doughty, think more along the lines of Richards + Carter + Brown + Voynov + 2 1sts.
Put it this way the kings wouldnt be interested in guting there team which your offer would be. Simply put hes not worth 4 peices of a stanly cup team never mind adding 2 frists. OK i will agree its more then just wiliams and richards but not a heck of alot more. i may do richards william martinez and a frists for crosby and two conditional frists As ive said repeatly sid value is decreased untill he can prove he can stay healthy

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:07 AM
  #136
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As for my richards and williams offer its no more ridulous then thinking drew and kopitar
No... It is far far far more ridiculous. That is laughably, horrendously bad. Richards+Williams for Crosby... Congratulations on making one of the worst proposals ever on this site. That might get you half of Crosby.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:12 AM
  #137
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Put it this way the kings wouldnt be interested in guting there team which your offer would be. Simply put hes not worth 4 peices of a stanly cup team never mind adding 2 frists. OK i will agree its more then just wiliams and richards but not a heck of alot more. i may do richards william martinez and a frists for crosby and two conditional frists As ive said repeatly sid value is decreased untill he can prove he can stay healthy
No team is interested in gutting a team, however when you're getting the face of the NHL, a lot of teams do it. and yes, Crosby is worth 4 pieces. fewer pieces if you include Doughty and Kopitar. However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.

FoppaForsberg* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:13 AM
  #138
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
No... It is far far far more ridiculous. That is laughably, horrendously bad. Richards+Williams for Crosby... Congratulations on making one of the worst proposals ever on this site. That might get you half of Crosby.
if u reread it you will see i said think more richards and williams as i stated above it would be more to it but not alot more for a unhealthy sid the best i see the kings offering would be richard williams martinez and a frist and they would want conditional frists with sid based on number of games played. I dont belive the "im healthy " prove it frist. The kings wouldnt break apart the team for him or anyone player they are the stanely cup champs

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
  #139
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.
So if he is not accepting your point of view or his spelling is not perfect (you realize people from other countries where English isn't first language could be here) then he must be young? Or he doesn't understand the value?
I know this type of people, they believe that their only two opinions,
Theirs and wrong.
And yeah if you're so pushing for that Sid is the face of NHL during lock-out cause nobody plays

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:20 AM
  #140
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces
 
Aceonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
Gagner, Yakupov, Smid, Bunz and a 1st for Malkin, Martin.

Malkin will never be traded. But I thought I would table an offer for a laugh anyways.

Aceonfire is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
  #141
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
No team is interested in gutting a team, however when you're getting the face of the NHL, a lot of teams do it. and yes, Crosby is worth 4 pieces. fewer pieces if you include Doughty and Kopitar. However by your spelling and refusal to trade Kopitar for Crosby, you must be too young to understand what a huge difference there is in talent.
lol im in my 40s and i understand that team chemisty and having a young number one defenseman and a point a game center with a soild 2nd line a team that grew up together is worth more then a injuryed sid. untill he plays at least 70 games with injury. Theres no way a cup winning team would gut the team to get him sorry not happening. I cant see why people cant understand that. Untill hes played that hes not worth kopitar

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM
  #142
PayItForward
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
lol im in my 40s and i understand that team chemisty and having a young number one defenseman and a point a game center with a soild 2nd line a team that grew up together is worth more then a injuryed sid. untill he plays at least 70 games with injury. Theres no way a cup winning team would gut the team to get him sorry not happening. I cant see why people cant understand that. Untill hes played that hes not worth kopitar
He's easily worth Kopitar +++ as it stands right now.

But I agree, no team that wants to win should gut their team.

PayItForward is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:37 AM
  #143
piqued
Global Moderator
shift
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,803
vCash: 27750
Thread is about Malkin, not Crosby.

piqued is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
  #144
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,395
vCash: 5555
TL;DR the entire thread, but has anyone beaten Kesler, Schneider, and a (presumably) signed Edler?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:50 AM
  #145
Dangles78
Registered User
 
Dangles78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
To be honest, these threads are useless. Why even start them? Malkin won't be traded (go ahead and bring up gretz) but its not happening

Keep dreaming

Dangles78 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:54 AM
  #146
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
Malkin is the most overrated person on HF.

You are crazy if you say you would rather have Malkin than Crosby, even with Sid's head problems.

Malkin is an amazing player and I'd love to have him on my team, but no gm's would ever do these proposals.
Rangers fan chiming in.

I've seen both tear the living **** out of the Rangers. But I think I'd rather have Malkin going forward.

I don't like seeing players being injured and I hope Crosby stays healthy. But his head issues are way more of a concern to me than Malkin's knees.

I think Crosby is better, but not by much. The small gap between the two doesn't negate Crosby's concussion issues.

Malkin more accomplished trophy wise, has more size, more snarl and less injury prone.

Malkin > Crosby going forward.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:58 AM
  #147
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
lol im in my 40s and i understand that team chemisty and having a young number one defenseman and a point a game center with a soild 2nd line a team that grew up together is worth more then a injuryed sid. untill he plays at least 70 games with injury. Theres no way a cup winning team would gut the team to get him sorry not happening. I cant see why people cant understand that. Untill hes played that hes not worth kopitar
I understand where you're coming from, however even with Crosby's injury concerns, he still holds more value.

FoppaForsberg* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:11 AM
  #148
GreyEagle14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
I think Sedin+Sedin for Malkin is a very interesting idea. Pair Neal with Crosby and that's arguably the two best lines in the NHL. I don't think it would be worth it though, just based on the difference in age.

As an Oilers fan, I'd do RNH+Eberle+Schultz, with the willingness to add picks/prospects. Not sure if that would be enough though still.

GreyEagle14 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
  #149
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Crosby already is healthy, he's had loads of time to heal up plus some with this lockout.
And yeah.. obviously a healthy player is better then a hurt player. Take the homer glasses off pal. And besides this concussion he's had plenty of years to " prove himself"
There's a reason Sid can't be insured for concussions anymore. I'm betting the insurance companies are well informed.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
  #150
Alluckks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
McDonut
Gaborik
Stepan
Kreider
1st



Malkin
Dupuis
Martin

Alluckks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.