HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:00pm ET TVA Sports, Sportsnet ONE,TVA

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
To those criticizing Lefebvre, remember his team is now 4-2-2 with a roster full of 1st year professionals.
Missing their #1 goalie since the start and arguably their best forward for most of it.

With that said, I think Lefebvre deserves some blame for the PP being bad. Ellis should be on it and Boyce and Dumont should never see a shift on it.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:45 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Missing their #1 goalie since the start and arguably their best forward for most of it.

With that said, I think Lefebvre deserves some blame for the PP being bad. Ellis should be on it and Boyce and Dumont should never see a shift on it.
That may be, but let's give it some time. He might have spent most of his energies focusing on the PK or on 5on5 play, and decided that the PP is not a short-term priority. It could be that he wants to use it for experimentation.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I could listen to Derek Wills call Bulldogs' goals all day long.
And he SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

Old
11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Nice comeback by the Bulldogs !

I really liked the play of Geoffrion, Gallagher, Dumont and Tinordi. This team is fun to watch.

The more useless players on the team are Quailer and Nattinen. I hope they will improve their game because for the moment, they don't look AHL caliber.
Naatinen has been very impressive, in my opinion.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:28 AM
onice

I've seen all save one game this year. My thoughts as of today.

Career AHLers
Stortini
Hagel
Boyce
Blunden

Question Marks
Berger - he is inconsistent. He has to bring a little more speed, jam and consistency if he hopes to make it to the NHL

Quailer - I was going to put him in the Career AHLers but he has a package that's intriguing. He has to bring a little more speed and a ton more jam. My gut tells me he won't

Avsin - a real question mark, Haven't seen him this year.

Palushaj - I don't like this player - never did. He's got more than decent speed but poor hockey IQ and sometimes plays like a chicken with its head cut off.

Nash - I was excited about this player two years ago. I have some reservations this year.

Desjardins - I think he'll play mostly in the A but I'm not basing that on this year. Hopefully he has improved his game.

Nattineen - needs more speed and lots more jam. He's in the same boat as Quailer.

Delmas - I was about to put him in the career ALHer list but he has shown me he has a spark of potential maybe.

Hopefuls
Gallagher - the only question I have about this kid is will the toll finally get to him. He is tiny and plays a big man's game. Other than that he is something else.

Dumont - different skill set but what I said about Gallagher applies to Gabriel.

Geoffrion - I was ready to relegate him to the career AHLers last year but if he can bring to the NHL the jam he has shown this year I think he'll be a serviceable 3rd-4th liner in the NHL.

Pateryn - has to bring his overall game a notch higher and he'll find a place in the NHL.

Corbin - the second biggest surprise of this team. If he can cut down on the mental lapses he'll be a good physical stay at home d-man.

St.Denis - Has to improve on his consistency. Most games he looks like he belongs in the NHL. But has some poor games.

Ellis - I'm a little disappointed with his speed. He seems a step behind and I've seen him struggle to keep up. If he can improve on that he could move into the next level.

Mayer - He's still very young (22) but I see potential in this kid. Has to play a little more square to the shooter and has to improve his lateral movement.

Definite NHLers

Bournival - What's there not to like.

Leblanc - Had a slow start and then an injury but he belongs here.

Holland - biggest surprise on this team. If he can improve his shot and his speed he'll be a top six winger. No doubt in my mind.

Tinordi - best Bulldog so far. He knows his limits and plays within them.

Beaulieu - still has lackadaisical moments but seems to have only one or two a game as opposed to when he was a junior where he had one or two a shift. I think Nathan's only drawback is concentration. If he can stay focused every second of his swift he'll be a top notch d-man.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Tinordi is really coming along nicely, I personally thought he would struggle alot to adjust to the AHL speed but I was wrong, last 2 games he has been really solid, one of the best Dogs def thats for sure.. I really really like his game and his potential..

1 year and a half away? maybe more...
(no matter what...I'd let him take his time...after all you know what they say about very tall/big dmen!! and look how long it took for ****ing Chara piece-of-**** Chara to develop......and no, I'm not comparing Tinordi to ****ing Chara the piece-of-****). Imo, I'm happy with a dman (Tinordi) who is a better skating Gill (with more of a mean streak).

Old
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
I've felt since last spring when Sportsnet showed the Knights a ton that it was possible Tinordi could be ready for the start of 2013-14 in a 6th defenceman type role. Obviously, there's a ton of hockey left to be played this season and we'll see how he progresses, but so far based on his early season play and the progress he has made, I still feel that way.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You mean Robert "the Wall" Mayer isn't the #1 goalie?

Old
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I've seen all save one game this year. My thoughts as of today.

Career AHLers
Stortini
Hagel
Boyce
Blunden

Question Marks
Berger - he is inconsistent. He has to bring a little more speed, jam and consistency if he hopes to make it to the NHL

Quailer - I was going to put him in the Career AHLers but he has a package that's intriguing. He has to bring a little more speed and a ton more jam. My gut tells me he won't

Avsin - a real question mark, Haven't seen him this year.

Palushaj - I don't like this player - never did. He's got more than decent speed but poor hockey IQ and sometimes plays like a chicken with its head cut off.

Nash - I was excited about this player two years ago. I have some reservations this year.

Desjardins - I think he'll play mostly in the A but I'm not basing that on this year. Hopefully he has improved his game.

Nattineen - needs more speed and lots more jam. He's in the same boat as Quailer.

Delmas - I was about to put him in the career ALHer list but he has shown me he has a spark of potential maybe.

Hopefuls
Gallagher - the only question I have about this kid is will the toll finally get to him. He is tiny and plays a big man's game. Other than that he is something else.

Dumont - different skill set but what I said about Gallagher applies to Gabriel.

Geoffrion - I was ready to relegate him to the career AHLers last year but if he can bring to the NHL the jam he has shown this year I think he'll be a serviceable 3rd-4th liner in the NHL.

Pateryn - has to bring his overall game a notch higher and he'll find a place in the NHL.

Corbin - the second biggest surprise of this team. If he can cut down on the mental lapses he'll be a good physical stay at home d-man.

St.Denis - Has to improve on his consistency. Most games he looks like he belongs in the NHL. But has some poor games.

Ellis - I'm a little disappointed with his speed. He seems a step behind and I've seen him struggle to keep up. If he can improve on that he could move into the next level.

Mayer - He's still very young (22) but I see potential in this kid. Has to play a little more square to the shooter and has to improve his lateral movement.

Definite NHLers

Bournival - What's there not to like.

Leblanc - Had a slow start and then an injury but he belongs here.

Holland - biggest surprise on this team. If he can improve his shot and his speed he'll be a top six winger. No doubt in my mind.

Tinordi - best Bulldog so far. He knows his limits and plays within them.

Beaulieu - still has lackadaisical moments but seems to have only one or two a game as opposed to when he was a junior where he had one or two a shift. I think Nathan's only drawback is concentration. If he can stay focused every second of his swift he'll be a top notch d-man.
I like the way you created your list. I will share mine :

Career AHLers :
Hagel
Berger
Avtsin
Palushaj
Quailer
Nattinen
Nash

AHLer with call-up potential
Stortini
Boyce