HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Who Told The Barons That DST Started In The 3rd Period? OKC Vs. San Antonio 3:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Who Told The Barons That DST Started In The 3rd Period? OKC Vs. San Antonio 3:30PM

@
BARONS: 5-3-0-1 VS RAMPAGE: 3-4-0-1

Game InfoGame Day: Sunday November 4th 2012
Game Time: 3:30PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hartikainen #10-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Hall #22-Arcobello #26-Paajarvi #19
Tyrvainen #14-Lander #16-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-House #21-Hamilton #13

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Zahn #2-Teubert #33
Plante #4-Fedun #27

Roy #31
Danis #35

Scratches:

Healthy: W Abney #36, C Martindale #17, C Vande Velde #29, D Ringwald #6

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Green #12 (Ribs)

RAMPAGE:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: Well until anyone besides the obvious gives us a reason to watch them, the Barons to watch are Hall, RNH, Eberle, Schultz, Marincin, and Hartikainen.

RAMPAGE TO WATCH: Andre Deveaux was playing a bit chippy last time around, so he's a guy that some of our bigger players will have to keep an eye on. Dov Grumet-Morris has had better stats than highly touted Jacob Markstrom this year so we might see him in net tomorrow.

Quotable"Every night we're going to get other teams "A" games" -Barons head coach Todd Nelson earlier in the season on opposing teams being up to play the Barons

Season Series
DateLocationResult
10/19OKC 5-2 OKC

Team Comparison
 BaronsRampage
Points117
Wins53
Power Play %23.112.5
Penalty Kill %73.292.7

Team Leaders
BaronsRampage
GOALS: Schultz and Eberle (6)6 Tied With (2)
ASSISTS:Schultz (9)Shore (4)
+/-: Schultz and Marincin (+6)Selleck (+2)

Today's Videos

11-04-2012, 03:31 AM
duul

vCash: 50
You've got the logos mixed up at the top .

Should be an exciting game, looking for a few more points from Schultz against a team that isn't that great.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
You've got the logos mixed up at the top .

Should be an exciting game, looking for a few more points from Schultz against a team that isn't that great.
Thanks, I was busy getting it together and then noticed that. It should be good to go now. Look at how dominant Schultz has been, his stat line is unbelievable.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Auguste Escoffier

dat OKC pk percentage.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:12 AM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks, I was busy getting it together and then noticed that. It should be good to go now. Look at how dominant Schultz has been, his stat line is unbelievable.
It really is. Leading the entire league in scoring so far. I don't think it's sustainable but even if he scored at 1/4 of this pace throughout the season I would be impressed. He's a rookie and a defenceman..crazy.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
dat OKC pk percentage.
It's horrible, IMO Paajarvi looked good on the PK early on and then they took him off the PK. IMO we lack speed on the PK, I'd like to see:

House and Vande Velde as one pair and Lander and Paajarvi as another. I'm also starting to wonder if we shouldn't split up Marincin and Schultz?

Zahn-Schultz
Marincin-Teubert
Fedun-Plante

This way we have at least one guy that can move the puck on each pairing and maybe we get to see Marincin more involved offensively.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
It really is. Leading the entire league in scoring so far. I don't think it's sustainable but even if he scored at 1/4 of this pace throughout the season I would be impressed. He's a rookie and a defenceman..crazy.
He leads the league in points by 3 points right now. 9 game point streak as well, the way that he plays a 2 man game with RNH I'm thinking that he will continue to rack up points even if his ppg average gos down a bit. Tonight he was especially lethal out there.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

I'd love to see Pajaarvi and Lander as a staple on the PK. It's not like they're going to get the best minutes offensively anyway, not with the stars on the team right now. Just feed them PK time, and keep them together because I would definitely see them playing in our bottom 6 at some point. They pretty much need to be proficient at killing penalties if they want a career in NA.

edit: Just wanted to add you can really tell how much faith Ebs and RNH have in Schultz now. They just keep feeding him the puck so he can set them up in the offensive zone. The chemistry is quickly building, could be something very special in time.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:37 AM
duul

Quote:
He leads the league in points by 3 points right now. 9 game point streak as well, the way that he plays a 2 man game with RNH I'm thinking that he will continue to rack up points even if his ppg average gos down a bit. Tonight he was especially lethal out there.
Agreed. With a PP like that, it should almost be a guarantee he gets a point every game unless their PP goes 0/ and even then he's got a great even strength game as well.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Yeah and if you have noticed the last couple games he seems to be trying to concentrate more on his own zone and not even rushing up in the play at evens nearly as much as he was earlier on. Yet he still picks up a couple points.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
jebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Yeah and if you have noticed the last couple games he seems to be trying to concentrate more on his own zone and not even rushing up in the play at evens nearly as much as he was earlier on. Yet he still picks up a couple points.
Not on purpose. Friday yes, but if you watch his post game interview on Oilers site he said it was cause he just didnt feel like he had the jump he usually does.

Not last night tho. Last night he was flying. Thats the way he has to play to be really effective. He knows that.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
He reminds me of Dan Boyle a bit, minus the slap shot. The way he's not scared to make moves at the blue line to get himself a little bit of space.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
Not on purpose. Friday yes, but if you watch his post game interview on Oilers site he said it was cause he just didnt feel like he had the jump he usually does.

Not last night tho. Last night he was flying. Thats the way he has to play to be really effective. He knows that.
Some of it seemed on purpose to me. Even last night he was jumping up like was in the early games, he was constantly roving around the offensive zone and sometimes even going on end to end rushes trying deke guys out. He has definitely dialed it back a little in the last couple games.

I am sure he sees like we do that Barons can be a bit of a nightmare in their own zone at times. Also teams like Houston are targeting him more and trying to get a piece of him every time he has the puck for more than a couple seconds at a time.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

If the lockout ends, things could get really interesting for those guys left behind after Schultz, Ebs, RNH, and Hall return to the NHL. I mean right now, Schultz and Ebs are carrying the team.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Hall is going to put this team on his back today.

Anyone not named Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Schultz, or Danis need to get their **** together.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:37 AM
scid14

The boys looked really defeated in the post game interviews. Hopefully that was the end of it and they wake up from now on. They need to be closing out these games, never going into the 3rd behind and still just an average record.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post

Anyone not named Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Schultz, or Danis need to get their **** together.
Danis has been average at best imo.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Danis has been average at best imo.
Agreed. Holds the team in it for stretches, and then slumps for other stretches. Taken on the whole, average.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Wheatking

I missed the 3rd but I though Danis was very good last night.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post

Danis has been overcommitting on shots all season long. Roy needs more ice time. Danis scares me the way he reacts to the shot.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
He was. I would say most goalies struggle when the rest of the team collapses. He probably saved them from a regulation loss. At least, from what I remember, he had many more deadly saves than Hackett...

I would have liked Danis to stop Phillips or Broda in the shootout...

Also, it is too bad MPS didnt get one....you can tell he wanted to burn Hackett. I like MPS. There is some grit in there.
...somewhere....

Nelson should have put Arcobello or Lander in over Nuge, IMO. Give some of the other guys a chance at glory....

Old
11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
He's a good first shot goalie but he has almost no ability to recover. He's like the anti-Quick (except Quick is also great at stopping the initial shot).

Old
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I'd love to see Pajaarvi and Lander as a staple on the PK. It's not like they're going to get the best minutes offensively anyway, not with the stars on the team right now. Just feed them PK time, and keep them together because I would definitely see them playing in our bottom 6 at some point. They pretty much need to be proficient at killing penalties if they want a career in NA.

edit: Just wanted to add you can really tell how much faith Ebs and RNH have in Schultz now. They just keep feeding him the puck so he can set them up in the offensive zone. The chemistry is quickly building, could be something very special in time.
This is the beauty of these guys all playing together down here. They are all on the same club gaining valuable chemistry and knowing where each guy's comfort zone are, what their strengths are, etc. There will be no unfamiliarity among these kids when the NHL starts up again, they won't miss a beat. And yeah at some point they need to start grooming Paajarvi for a PK and checking role IMO.

Quote:
He was moving it up ice quite a bit yesterday, but he was also using stretch passes a lot more. That was the one element that I hadn't seen him bring from the NCAA to that point, and now it's here with the rest of his game, the kid is unreal.

Quote:
Some of it seemed on purpose to me. Even last night he was jumping up like was in the early games, he was constantly roving around the offensive zone and sometimes even going on end to end rushes trying deke guys out. He has definitely dialed it back a little in the last couple games.

I am sure he sees like we do that Barons can be a bit of a nightmare in their own zone at times. Also teams like Houston are targeting him more and trying to get a piece of him every time he has the puck for more than a couple seconds at a time.
IMO he's a smart enough player that he reacts to what the opposition gives him and his teammates, he'll be a major key to breaking down teams like Phoenix who have given us fits in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
If the lockout ends, things could get really interesting for those guys left behind after Schultz, Ebs, RNH, and Hall return to the NHL. I mean right now, Schultz and Ebs are carrying the team.
RNH hasn't been too damn shabby either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
He was. I would say most goalies struggle when the rest of the team collapses. He probably saved them from a regulation loss. At least, from what I remember, he had many more deadly saves than Hackett...

I would have liked Danis to stop Phillips or Broda in the shootout...

Also, it is too bad MPS didnt get one....you can tell he wanted to burn Hackett. I like MPS. There is some grit in there.
...somewhere....

Nelson should have put Arcobello or Lander in over Nuge, IMO. Give some of the other guys a chance at glory....
Paajarvi was playing with grit yesterday, the problem is that there was no offense to go along with that grit. He plastered one guy pretty early on and had another couple of good hits in the game as well.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:01 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
He was moving it up ice quite a bit yesterday, but he was also using stretch passes a lot more. That was the one element that I hadn't seen him bring from the NCAA to that point, and now it's here with the rest of his game, the kid is unreal.
The stretch passes have been exceptionally impressive. I can't wait to see Eberle and Yakupov on the receiving end of them.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Danis has struggled early, but I thought he played well the last couple games.

Closed Thread