HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

AHL Prospect Discussion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
  #376
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
They would be doomed without Schultz. Teubert and Plante are both looking like big time busts. Ringwald and Zahn are scrubs. To be fair, they are missing Brandon Davidson and Martin Marincin, 2/3rds of their top 4 I'm assuming.
Believe it or not, Plante was an AHL All Star last year. He will never have an NHL career but he should be able to carve out a career in the AHL. He has had a rough start to the year though.

Missing Marincin and Davidson does hurt the team quite a bit.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
  #377
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sounds like defense is a problem. Not entirely unexpected, is it?
The whole d line is rookies and the depth players look not in it. The big guns played.. well big

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:44 AM
  #378
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Magician
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 60,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Sounds like defense is a problem. Not entirely unexpected, is it?
Marincin is our 2nd best D on the farm and by a sizable margin. Davidson had his best game of the season prior to being diagnosed with cancer. Besides Schultz and Marincin our best D prospects aren't in the AHL at the moment (Klefbom, Musil, and Gernat). The former two in particular would be big additions to our farm team. Plante and Ringwald in particular have been horrid for our club and Fedun has taken a significant step back after his injury last season, our defense has been our sore spot so far this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Still, I fear what the Oilers will look like once those kids are grown up. I just didn't expect them to give up a lead like that in such a short time late in the game. They had a lot of momentum late in the game last night. I didn't think the Aeros would play dead or anything, but losing Brodin and Granlund certainly changes the dynamic a bit.
You guys had a lot of fight and it paid off. No excuses from our side, you guys got the job done and we didn't.

__________________
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:52 AM
  #379
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Magician
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 60,496
vCash: 500
Schultz now sits at 6-9-15 and a +6 after 9 games. I don't think that anyone would've predicted this kind of a start to his AHL career. He currently has a 3 point lead in AHL scoring, that is insane for a defenseman.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:12 AM
  #380
urho
Registered User
 
urho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Schultz now sits at 6-9-15 and a +6 after 9 games. I don't think that anyone would've predicted this kind of a start to his AHL career. He currently has a 3 point lead in AHL scoring, that is insane for a defenseman.
It indeed is. I'd like to have seen Granlund challenging his point totals now that they were playing against each other but his injury came at a bad time. Grannys PPG before the injury was 1,5 and he was getting better every game.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
  #381
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Magician
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 60,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
It indeed is. I'd like to have seen Granlund challenging his point totals now that they were playing against each other but his injury came at a bad time. Grannys PPG before the injury was 1,5 and he was getting better every game.
Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
  #382
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,973
vCash: 50
Marcus Folgino - Looked great when he wanted to even try the slightest. Made the dogs look bad whenever he wanted to. Can't really improve much in the AHL. Needs the NHL.

Knapp - Played well for the whole game except for 6 minutes. Though that was a team collapse imo and the dogs got lucky with a pp goal, cause their pp sucks ass.

Should have posted last night, but that's all I remember, or feel that's key.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
  #383
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
It indeed is. I'd like to have seen Granlund challenging his point totals now that they were playing against each other but his injury came at a bad time. Grannys PPG before the injury was 1,5 and he was getting better every game.
Worst. Nickname. Ever.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
  #384
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Schultz now sits at 6-9-15 and a +6 after 9 games. I don't think that anyone would've predicted this kind of a start to his AHL career. He currently has a 3 point lead in AHL scoring, that is insane for a defenseman.
I personally was thinkin something like point/game. Barons way too stacked that's why, too many elite forwards to be trailed he profits from that more than you think, just saying.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:59 AM
  #385
urho
Registered User
 
urho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Worst. Nickname. Ever.
Yeh, I kinda prefer his original nickname Mikke but he's already known as Granny by his teammates FBJ is a good nickname too.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  #386
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Magician
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 60,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
I personally was thinkin something like point/game. Barons way too stacked that's why, too many elite forwards to be trailed he profits from that more than you think, just saying.
RNH and Eberle have 10 and 11 points respectively, Schultz has 15.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:03 PM
  #387
Victorious Secret
Torchetti 4 Prez
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Matt's Meat Market
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,723
vCash: 500
Eberle just dominated the Aeros this weekend. Wow.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
  #388
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Eberle is a great player but it's only a matter of time when rnh explodes-.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
  #389
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,826
vCash: 500
Watching the griffs and aeros right now. I gotta say Coyle is more physical then I remember and is stirring up some ****. However this might be out of frustration because he hasnt really done much offensively at all.

Mrazek has been lights out. When do we start considering Mrazek one of the more elite goalie prospects out there? Hes killed it at every level hes played

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
  #390
Samkow
Global Moderator
Throwback Thursday
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Tim Erixon with 3 points, +5, 2/3rds through the Springfield-Connecticut.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.

Last edited by Samkow: 11-04-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
  #391
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC
 
GoAwayDanCleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 10,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Watching the griffs and aeros right now. I gotta say Coyle is more physical then I remember and is stirring up some ****. However this might be out of frustration because he hasnt really done much offensively at all.

Mrazek has been lights out. When do we start considering Mrazek one of the more elite goalie prospects out there? Hes killed it at every level hes played
He's definitely a rising prospect but let's see if he can stay consistent. I don't think he's going to turn out like McCollum, but McCollum had a good start as well.

GoAwayDanCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
  #392
Samkow
Global Moderator
Throwback Thursday
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Tim Erixon with 3 points, +5, 2/3rds through the Springfield-Connecticut.
Up to 4 points, with a +6 rating

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  #393
NA Scouting
Registered User
 
NA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,088
vCash: 500
Patrick Holland, Steve Quailer, Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are my favourites out of Hamilton so far. I mean, not necessarily the players that have played the best, but in my eyes those are the guys that have showed the most in terms of ''long term NHL potential''

Beaulieu is just an offensive weapon... Dennis Wideman-like. Yes he is a wreck defensively.

Holland is just so solid... for a 7th rounder he's just absurb. I liked his balance, his vision, his hands, his skating abilities.

Quailer is very raw but he's my kind of project... has got all the tools. He's big but is a very good technical skater. Good speed, acceleration. Seems to have very solid hands as well. A player that is very involved in all 3-zones.

As for Ellis hasn't played much but he's been very solid, always in the right position, very strong on his skates, hitting hard, making the safe plays, etc. Really liking his game.

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
  #394
Reinhart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Azores
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Patrick Holland, Steve Quailer, Morgan Ellis and Nathan Beaulieu are my favourites out of Hamilton so far. I mean, not necessarily the players that have played the best, but in my eyes those are the guys that have showed the most in terms of ''long term NHL potential''

Beaulieu is just an offensive weapon... Dennis Wideman-like. Yes he is a wreck defensively.

Holland is just so solid... for a 7th rounder he's just absurb. I liked his balance, his vision, his hands, his skating abilities.

Quailer is very raw but he's my kind of project... has got all the tools. He's big but is a very good technical skater. Good speed, acceleration. Seems to have very solid hands as well. A player that is very involved in all 3-zones.

As for Ellis hasn't played much but he's been very solid, always in the right position, very strong on his skates, hitting hard, making the safe plays, etc. Really liking his game.
I always liked Holland. Was sad to see him leave the organization in that trade. I am not sure what level of success he will end up having in the NHL, but I am betting he will become an NHL player.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
  #395
McCupofOil
Save Us McJesus
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 19,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
I personally was thinkin something like point/game. Barons way too stacked that's why, too many elite forwards to be trailed he profits from that more than you think, just saying.
Schultz doesn't even play with them during even strength, he plays with the checking line. He only plays with them on the PP and only a handful of his points are PP points.

McCupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
  #396
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 29,058
vCash: 500
Shout/out to Lindholm. He played a great game against the Binghamton Senators.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
  #397
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
He's definitely a rising prospect but let's see if he can stay consistent. I don't think he's going to turn out like McCollum, but McCollum had a good start as well.
McCollum was good in juniors. He was never particularly good in the AHL. Mrazek has a .96x save percentage and has given up 1 goal in each of his first two games. Sure its early but his save percentage was about the same in the ECHL and he was pretty dominant in the OHL *(believe he was in ohl to lazy to look it up). Kid should remain relatively consistent baring injuries.

Granted the Astros are not a great offensive team but he is a clear upgrade over McCollum.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
  #398
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,042
vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Tim Erixon with 3 points, +5, 2/3rds through the Springfield-Connecticut.
Great work my son, you will do well for the Rangers this year.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
  #399
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: undisclosed
Country: United States
Posts: 29,433
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Great work my son, you will do well for the Rangers this year.
lol what


In other news, Springfield, with that win over the Whale (10-2; goals by Erixon, JAM, Drazenovic, Johansen, Kubalik, Johansen again, Joudrey, Atkinson, Chaput, and Drazenovic again), is presently in sole possession of first place in the AHL East with 9 games played.

That's... a tad unexpected.

__________________
"...on hf boards nothing matters until you have had 5 years of success and then you're declining anyways so you suck" --Seanaconda

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
  #400
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,621
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
lol what


In other news, Springfield, with that win over the Whale (10-2; goals by Erixon, JAM, Drazenovic, Johansen, Kubalik, Johansen again, Joudrey, Atkinson, Chaput, and Drazenovic again), is presently in sole possession of first place in the AHL East with 9 games played.

That's... a tad unexpected.
He is still a bit bitter about Erixon not wanting to play in Calgary.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.