HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keep Your Head Up! Houston Aeros @ OKC Barons, Saturday 11/3 6PM MDT

Old
11-03-2012, 11:30 PM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

vCash: 500
Looks like we will be seeing the trio(Hall+RNH+Ebs) and Marincin tomorrow. That's what Coach Nelson said.

canovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
Looks like we will be seeing the trio(Hall+RNH+Ebs) and Marincin tomorrow. That's what Coach Nelson said.
wow, bring it!!!!

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Just looking at the stats, it seems as though we have a 3 man team and no depth. Kind of reminds me of another team I know...
I donno about that. This team right now has 4 PPG(or +) players, Arcobello right below that mark and Paajarvi at 0.7ppg. Oh and Hall too. Scoring goals doesn't seem to be a huge problem. Keeping them out though is another issue. Danis stats are awful and the penalty kill is shockingly bad.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
Yeah you could include Harski too.

MPS has got nothing. The Oilers should trade him. I know his value is low atm, but its only going to get lower. Hes not an NHLer.
Paajarvi needs to get in gear, he could still be a 3rd line guy, but if so he needs to not take any shifts off and play his ass off.

11-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
Interesting, IMO Marincin's return is huge for us and Hall even not at 100% is a special player.

Maybe we'll see the kids together and then Harski-Arcobello-Paajarvi?

Too many different line combos this year, it's hard for guys to gel when they are playing with different players every 2-3 games. If a guy like Hamilton can't cut the mustard then FFS send him to Stockton.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Interesting, IMO Marincin's return is huge for us and Hall even not at 100% is a special player.

Too many different line combos this year, it's hard for guys to gel when they are playing with different players every 2-3 games.

Yeah and one of the most consistent so far is Harski-RNH-Eberle but you want to break them apart above.

Agreed on Marincin the D can use all the help it can get. I said back in the Summer we really needed to have signed a solid vet AHL D man and that still looks like it would have been a good move even with Schultz etc... down there.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Oilers prospect pool - overrated. Hopefully they can trade a couple of these guys in packages for some bigger, actual NHL pieces and proven commodities.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:

Too many different line combos this year, it's hard for guys to gel when they are playing with different players every 2-3 games. If a guy like Hamilton can't cut the mustard then FFS send him to Stockton.
I thought Hamilton looked good last night. Made a few good hits and had a few chances, broke up some plays in the D zone.
Pitlick as well, unlucky for him to be held off the score sheet as he is creating chances.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
SnooPac

Quote:
He does it, he just doesn't lug the puck enough to do it, he prefers getting the puck and moving it quickly. One specific play I remember was him dekeing Lidstrom really bad one game.

As for the food stuff, we have Jack In The Box (IMO the breakfasts are better than the lunch/supper meals), Carl's Jr.'s is good as well but nothing all that great IMO.
I (finally) uploaded a clip of the play with Lidstrom btw. And I accidentally bumped an old old thread on the main board (I assumed that thread was here) to do it

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post55514539

(and if you don't want to go there, just see below).

SnooPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Yeah and one of the most consistent so far is Harski-RNH-Eberle but you want to break them apart above.

Agreed on Marincin the D can use all the help it can get. I said back in the Summer we really needed to have signed a solid vet AHL D man and that still looks like it would have been a good move even with Schultz etc... down there.
Harski has been great on that line, however I don't want Hall getting dragged down because his linemates can't cut the mustard. I'd give him maybe another couple of games with Paajarvi before axing that experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooPac View Post
I (finally) uploaded a clip of the play with Lidstrom btw. And I accidentally bumped an old old thread on the main board (I assumed that thread was here) to do it

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post55514539

(and if you don't want to go there, just see below).
Great stuff, like said above he doesn't do it often because he likes to move the puck, but it is there, the kid has sick hands.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote