HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your gritty 3rd line C who can win faceoffs to Carolina

Old
11-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Bolland for Staal straight up
Ok. Dave Bolland for Jared Staal it is..

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:25 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Jarrett Stoll is the perfect man for the job.
He really is. I'd be ok with overpaying for a guy like Stoll. Then you factor in his last name, and it's a no brainer.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Abdelkader is the better draw man, and is a more physical player. He's also very solid defensively and on the PK.
Better but both are over 50%, but Helm takes significantly more draws. What Helm brings is better offensive game, and Helm has been reliably a top penalty killer for a few years now. I'd give up a bit of grit (Helm's not exactly soft, certainly grittier then a lot of the names that have been mentioned) for a guy that can put up 30+ points and win over 50% of 900+ draws a year vs a guy that does that over the course of 450 draws a year.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't see Abdelkader as a #3 centerman, more as a very very good #4 guy. Helm on the other hand can be that #3 guy ala Sutter with a hair less offense.

And if we're talking a return on Pitkanen, anything short of Helm being the one coming back with Quincey is a non-starter.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:59 AM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggleboom View Post
Malhotra can never get to the level he once was. He has permanently significantly decreased vision in one eye.
He won't be on the same level, but he will (and did throughout the season) improve as he adjusts to it. Malhotra's stats weren't great last season, but anyone who has a 13% offensive zone starts stat is going to have some pretty lackluster stats overall.

He did what he did before - ate up tough minutes to give offensive minutes to the offensive players. I'm not really that convinced he actually would be available, but if he was, it would only be because he's not going to be able to play at the level he once was. If he were playing like he did in his first two seasons for the Canucks, he'd be untouchable because of his value to the team.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Steckel?

He's redundant on the Leafs now that we have McClement. Though he doesn't bring much to the table beyond FOs/size.
Neither one of these guys are third liners.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Better but both are over 50%, but Helm takes significantly more draws. What Helm brings is better offensive game, and Helm has been reliably a top penalty killer for a few years now. I'd give up a bit of grit (Helm's not exactly soft, certainly grittier then a lot of the names that have been mentioned) for a guy that can put up 30+ points and win over 50% of 900+ draws a year vs a guy that does that over the course of 450 draws a year.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't see Abdelkader as a #3 centerman, more as a very very good #4 guy. Helm on the other hand can be that #3 guy ala Sutter with a hair less offense.

And if we're talking a return on Pitkanen, anything short of Helm being the one coming back with Quincey is a non-starter.
To be honest I wouldn't even give up Helm alone for Pitkanen.

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Abdelkader only took that few because he spent half the season on Helm's wing on the third line and half the season centering the fourth line.

Quote:
That's interesting. Did you know that of Helm, Abdelkader, and Sutter, that Sutter had the worst ESP/60 last season? He only scored the most points due to the fact he was getting top-six minutes; 14:36 per game over 82 at ES, to 12:02 per over 68 for Helm and 10:45 per over 81 for Abs.

Abdelkader is a perfectly capable offensive player. He'll never be a star, but he's definitely good for a solid two-way third line.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
HTK

Stoll for a 1st.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Brandon Dubinsky for Jamie Mcbain
Trade one of our vanishingly few might-if-we're-lucky-be-capable-of-top-6 forwards for a thirteenth mobile two-way defenseman. Sure. Because, y'know, that's exactly what we need.

Overstrength w/r/t quality players at certain positions is all well and good, but eventually a little diversity becomes necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Why would Columbus trade Dubinsky for another defenseman?
We wouldn't. The very idea is completely absurd, abhorrent, and insane. It is the very apotheosis of an idiotic move for the Blue Jackets, as it represents the exact, precise, 100% absolute guaranteed opposite of what we need on the roster and/or in the system. And that someone would suggest the idea, let alone attempt to defend it... Madness.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Sad King Jimmy
That's hockey baby!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
That's interesting. Did you know that of Helm, Abdelkader, and Sutter, that Sutter had the worst ESP/60 last season? He only scored the most points due to the fact he was getting top-six minutes; 14:36 per game over 82 at ES, to 12:02 per over 68 for Helm and 10:45 per over 81 for Abs.

Abdelkader is a perfectly capable offensive player. He'll never be a star, but he's definitely good for a solid two-way third line.
That's cute. Did you know Sutter spent all of last season in a complete shutdown role?

He started in the offensive zone in about 35% of the time compared to about 55-60 for Abdelkader and Helm. He also played against MUCH tougher competition. The guys Sutter played against the most were Ovechkin, Malkin, St. Louis, and Stamkos. The top offensive threats Abdelkader and Helm played against regularly were Wilson and Arnott.

Sutter has scored more goals than both of them combined, despite being two years younger than both.

And before anybody jumps down my throat for trashing Helm and Abdelkader, this wasn't dissing them, it was pimping Sutter. I'd kill to have either of those guys on the Hurricanes, but implying that either of they is as good as Sutter on offense is laughable.

Sad King Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:32 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Eric Belanger can win a faceoff. Unfortunately his offense disappeared last year.
Would come cheap though.
Heck I'd give up Belanger and a 6th for future considerations. (A 5th rounder if he plays 50 games and scores 25+ points.)

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Throwing his name out there - Kyle Brodziak.
I doubt the Wild would want to move Brodziak after just signing him to an extension. Cullen could probably be had and is generaly fairly good in the dot.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:36 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Go for Arnott.

But if you wanna send a pick our way, you could probably have Steckel. Probably more a 4th liner-y than 3rd, but a decent, Bottom-6, character guy all the same.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:17 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Sam Gagner for Zach Boychuk +

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:58 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Sam Gagner for Zach Boychuk +
That leaves us pretty naked. I don't expect to see Yakupov, Hall or Eberle playing at center any time soon.

Aw, man. I forgot to celebrate my 12,000th post.

Just like with the 10th and the 11th.

Next thing I'll be forgetting my birthday.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Steckel definitely be can be expendable due to our bottom six center area depth. Hell Lombardi is another one if you want a guy who can step up in the second line if need be how his cap is atrocious for you guys IMO.

Steckel for a 3rd - 4th round pick

Curious question, how is mcginn viewed by the canes brass?

11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
zeus3007*

Shawn Horcoff for your salary dump who isn't a total bum as a player. He'll totally win you faceoffs, and will probably look better behind two veteran centers instead of two young centers.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque to Canes
Brock McGinn Brody Sutter Brent Sutter to NYR

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:32 PM
medhatcanuck

Doesn't every team want a goalscoring, gritty, shutdown 3rd line center?

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Smurf Karlsson
We are the champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque to Canes
Brock McGinn Brody Sutter Brent Sutter to NYR
Deal. Brock McGinn, Brody Sutter, Tim Brent, and Brett Sutter for Brian Boyle and Ran Bourque. You sure do impose quite a barter, but that's a gamble we'd be willing to take for a desperately needed 3rd line center.

Curious as to why Boyle's being offered though, especially with the departure of Anisimov and Dubinsky. McGinn is projected to be an excellent shutdown winger, but I thought that maybe a center would be more coveted for the Rangers.

Smurf Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote