HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Oops....Rowney it is. Hey, it is the election this upcoming Tuesday, you can't fault me for that....
Perhaps Romnesia is contagious.........

Old
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Anthony Stella ‏@AnthonyStelll

Just spoke to Trevor Timmins, he said he likes Drouin and is keeping a close eye on him. #Habs #2013NHLdraft

Old
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Mac Bennett is good.

Goal and an assist tonight.

Kristo has also scored.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Protest the Hero

Wow, Bennett having a great start to the season. Not sure if I want him joining Hamilton next year though with all the other guys we'll have there.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Wow, Bennett having a great start to the season. Not sure if I want him joining Hamilton next year though with all the other guys we'll have there.
I sure want him with the Dogs next year, one of my favorite prospects since we drafted him, superb puckmover.. Will be amazing to watch with Beaulieu on the PP..

Old
11-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I sure want him with the Dogs next year, one of my favorite prospects since we drafted him, superb puckmover.. Will be amazing to watch with Beaulieu on the PP..
There won't be enough room for everyone though. Dietz is joining for sure, Thrower most likely will. They'll need to decide on Nygrens future too, although they could lend him to he SEL after signing him. At least with Bennett they'll have the option of waiting. If he dominates this year though, you can't keep him in NCAA.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Bennett replaces one of Nash/FSD.

Dietz in the ECHL if all 4 of Beaulieu/Tinordi/Ellis/Pateryn are in the AHL.

Thrower goes back to WHL as overager if he doesn't pick it up. It may seem drastic, but if he was born 12 days later, he wouldn't be AHL eligible next season anyway.

With new CBA, Nygren may not even need to be signed. They were proposing 4 years to sign Euro picks. Or you can sign him and keep him in Sweden.

/Problem solved.

Oh look at that, Thrower picks up an assist just as I write that, haha.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well if he follows in his uncles steps his playing weight should be about 205-210 lbs.But it looks like he plans to stay at Michigan for his Senior year,by that time Tinordi and Beaulieu should be up with the Habs.Dietz and Thrower will probably join the Habs next season and Bennett the year following would be my guess.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

And now Thrower scores.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Bennett replaces one of Nash/FSD.

Dietz in the ECHL if all 4 of Beaulieu/Tinordi/Ellis/Pateryn are in the AHL.

Thrower goes back to WHL as overager if he doesn't pick it up. It may seem drastic, but if he was born 12 days later, he wouldn't be AHL eligible next season anyway.

With new CBA, Nygren may not even need to be signed. They were proposing 4 years to sign Euro picks. Or you can sign him and keep him in Sweden.

/Problem solved.

Oh look at that, Thrower picks up an assist just as I write that, haha.
Or we can let Mac Bennett go a 4th year in the NCAA, it wouldn't really hurt him if he becomes more noted as a go to player (if he wants obviously), give Nygren another year in the SEL his minutes have increase only this season.

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - Thrower
Nash/FSD/UFA - Pateryn/Dietz

Old
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Agree on all accounts. We keep talking about Czarnik, Laganière and Mullane so I guess something will happen with them. Sparks was also an interesting prospect from me. Type of guy, like Romney that might never amount to anything offensively, but could develop into something serviceable even in the NHL.

I really can't wait to see the difference the new philsophy will bring as far as signings and invitiations. My expectations would be that it would help tremendously, yet, maybe it won't happen already next year but might take a couple of years. I hope we'd be all over the UFA's like that, yet, I also understand that we are the victim of being too good at drafting, hence not a lot of contracts available for UFA's. Reason why we need to be careful with our contracts. Reason why a guy like Dustin Walsh might not be signed. Though, he's the type of guy that we could look back and wished we would have signed him. Was way too hurt to have any kind of analysis on him. But he was too hurt.....which is somewhat of a red flag. Nygren and Pribyl...that would be interesting to see what they'll do....
Wow, played with that guy, and he was really talented, but these are really impressive numbers !!

Old
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
bsl

Quote:
And now Thrower scores.
You're getting killed!

Old
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
And now Thrower scores.
Quick, keep bashing him.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
as15

Kristo with his first goal of the season tonight to go along with numerous other setups and chances. If he and his linemates could've finished a little better tonight, he could've easily had a 4 point night.

MacMillan was his usual tenacious self. No points, but still an effective player.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:39 AM
windycity

or we can trade one of our Ds in a package (or not) for a forward prospect/draft pick. That's the beauty of having alot of guys developing at the same time, gives you options.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Kristo's goal

Old
11-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
or we can trade one of our Ds in a package (or not) for a forward prospect/draft pick. That's the beauty of having alot of guys developing at the same time, gives you options.
Yeah, I'm sure we can package the one(s) we have no room for for something valuable. Being too deep at one position is never bad.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Mac Bennett is good.

Goal and an assist tonight.

Kristo has also scored.
Bennett is the top scoring d-man in the NCAA.

Kristo's line with 16 shots on goal last night.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched the North Dakota game, Kristo had a much better game, his goal was nice but he made a great behind the back pass that if Knight scored would have been highlight reel all the way as it was a thing of beauty. MacMillan had a solid game again.

Also watched Galchenyuk last night and what a show he put on.

Just watched the Blades game from last night. Terrible 1st period for Dietz and Thrower, both made bad plays in their own end and took unnecssary penalties as they were lucky to get out of the period down just 2-0. Thrower threw an elbow while on the PK not very smart as it was pretty clear attempt, he also bobbled the puck right in front of his net.

Blades looked very disorganized in the 1st but then settled down in the 2nd and actually tied it up. Thrower set up the 1st goal as he exited the box and then he scored on the PP with a quick low shot from the point.

So many games on this weekend, several more on today, not sure how many I will get to see but would like to catch the Hudon vs Archambault.

Quote:
I don't know what the plan will be, I could see Bennett turning pro unless he wants to get his degree. We also have to worry about the loop hole that Kristo went through last summer. If Bennett wants to turn pro, he can opt out of signing with the Habs, so will be very interesting to see what happens.

On the other hand, while I have only seen highlight clips from this season so far, he needs to continue to fill out his frame as that's my main concern for him.

As for Hamilton, the problem we have is with the RD's, since Thrower, Dietz, Nygren, Pateryn, Ellis, and Stejskal are all RD's that in theory could all be in Hamilton. Granted i'm sure they could loan Nygren back to the SEL if they sign him and Stjeskal can go back to the ECHL easily which makes it easier to find spots. The concern would be that next years D would be made up almost entirely of 2nd year players and rookies as I assume St-Denis won't be back with Hamilton after this season.

Quote:
There won't be enough room for everyone though. Dietz is joining for sure, Thrower most likely will. They'll need to decide on Nygrens future too, although they could lend him to he SEL after signing him. At least with Bennett they'll have the option of waiting. If he dominates this year though, you can't keep him in NCAA.
Thrower should be a lock to turn pro, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't.

Quote:

That's interesting, hopefully the do change the CBA and don't grandfather previous picks as I would much rather see Nygren stay in the SEL and not have to waste a contract spot on him while he's in Sweden.

I don't see Thrower going back to the dub.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

That was some kind of patience by Kristo on that goal.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:34 AM
katatoniak

I will be at the Chicoutimi Vs Drumondville game this tonight.

I'll keep my eyes on Hudon, Archambault, Dauphin and Gregoire

Anybody else on drumondville I sould know about ?

Old
11-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Dalton Thrower with 1 goal, 1 assist and 4 PIMS for roughing and check to the head! God i love what he brings on the ice!

Old
11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Dalton Thrower with 1 goal, 1 assist and 4 PIMS for roughing and check to the head! God i love what he brings on the ice!
Love the roughing one, hate the check to the head one

Old
11-04-2012, 10:49 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post

Brouillard, the youngest.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:05 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post

Torok #26 is a little interesting.

Closed Thread