HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
SeriousFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Great video. What moves and goals!

The Sarnia station had Galchenyuk at 6'2... Who knows how big he is. Our number 1 big centre ? Yup. Well, hopefully.
Galchenyuk was listed at 6' 0.5" at the NHL Draft and I haven't heard anything about him growing 1 1/2" since June. it's very typical for junior teams to cheat with height and claim all their guys are 1"-2" taller than they are. Jarred Tinordi said at the Bulldogs camp he's just short of 6'6", but London Knights insisted he was 6'7".

Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Great video. What moves and goals!

The Sarnia station had Galchenyuk at 6'2... Who knows how big he is. Our number 1 big centre ? Yup. Well, hopefully.
If he's not 6'2, he's close to it. He seems to have a very upright stance, so he looks tall out there.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:43 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
If he's not 6'2, he's close to it. He seems to have a very upright stance, so he looks tall out there.
Why does he look like Lucic though when he's on skates?

Old
11-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Hunchback.

Timmins himself on draft night: He's growing, he's already over 6'1''.

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=re...&input=Timmins
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Galchenyuk was listed at 6' 0.5" at the NHL Draft and I haven't heard anything about him growing 1 1/2" since June..
Did he grow between the combine and the draft? Who knows.

Old
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He doesn't look like Lucic to me.

Old
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
He does hunch over a bit and was measured at the combine at 6'0.5". He even hunches over in some photos when he isn't on skates.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I watched the game last night and Gally was able to do whatever he wanted, as the oppposing D really struggled all night. What sick hands he has though.
Plymouth Whalers season ticket holder and Canadiens fan here. I was at last night's game. This was my first chance to really watch Gally, as he was out all of last season (obviously). He was very impressive -- the assist on the first period goal was one for the season highlight package.

I've watched some very talented future NHL stars over the past few years in the OHL -- Seguin and James Neal for Plymouth, and Patrick Kane, Stamkos and Taylor Hall for the opposition all come to mind. Each of those players had something in common -- they were clearly head and shoulders above everyone else on the ice talent-wise.

I saw the same thing from Galchenyuk last night. Plymouth has two 2011 NHL first round picks who played last night -- Stefan Noesen (Ottawa) and Rickard Rakell (Anaheim), plus another possible 2013 first rounder in Ryan Hartman. Even with that talent out there, Gally clearly stood out as the best player on the ice.

The future is very bright for Galchenyuk. I am really looking forward to his other visits to Plymouth this season.

Edit: The game program listed Gally as 6'2" and 205 lbs. The Whalers' Stefan Noesen is listed as 6'1", and Gally looked bigger than Noesen to me.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:49 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
He does hunch over a bit and was measured at the combine at 6'0.5". He even hunches over in some photos when he isn't on skates.
That makes sense.. maybe he sees the ice better?

Old
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
that could explain it.. since i hunch as well to cover my belly i got to agree it does give me a great vision as well..

lol just kidding.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
It's to protect his neck and head at all time versus illegal hits by other players. Very smart.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Everytime I read the discussion about Galchenyuk's height.. I feel like I'm hearing a conversation outside of a junior high boys locker room.

Who cares about the 0.5" or 1"? Gally is an above average sized center with an impeccable skill set. For once in our system, we have a player with game-breaking ability, smile guys.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Moneyman2k6

Love is caracter... At the highlights video of last night game, at his second goal he got slash by the defender and score the goal! Look at his reaction, looking at the defender with his hands saying: what? Even when u slash me i score...

Old
11-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Protest the Hero

Dat wrister.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Do you guys feel that he has some Forsberg in his game?

Old
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Forsberg was one of the best playmaker to ever play the game... I doubt it !

Old
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyman2k6 View Post
Love is caracter... At the highlights video of last night game, at his second goal he got slash by the defender and score the goal! Look at his reaction, looking at the defender with his hands saying: what? Even when u slash me i score...
Welcome aboard!

Old
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just made a quick video of this while watching the game because it's the kind of stuff that never shows up in highlight packs...check out the pass by Galchenyuk to get out of his own end (on the PK no less).

Thanks for posting this. That was an awesome play. When I saw it last night I was in awe. Very crafty pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What did you think about Galchenyuk's defensive game tonight? I thought it was pretty poor, myself. Seemed to do a lot of standing around and lazy stick-waving.

I know, I know...I'm going to be the guy criticizing our star prospect's D game after a 4-point night, but I just like to cover all the angles. Thought he could have been better in that regard is all. His offensive game was unreal tonight, so that's a trade-off I can easily live with.
He impressed me more defensively than offensively last night. He had his fair share of giveaways (including one that ended up in a goal), but he was very solid. Especially at the beginning of the second when Sarnia was getting pressured hard. He didn't do anything fancy and just kept the play simple. Won his puck battles and cleared the puck.

Over the course of game he did a create job containing Noesen and Rakell. He shadowed Rakell all game and really kept him at bay. Rakell's best chances were when Galchenyuk was not on the ice. Rakell is one of the most dangerous players in the OHL because of his slick hands and how he steals the puck with ease. He couldn't get anything going tonight as Galchenyuk was tying him up and covering him.

Keep in mind that he played RW last night, his defensive responsibilities are not as stressed as when he's playing centre. I mentioned two nights ago, after the first Plymouth game, that it seemed like Galchenyuk seemed to have to interest in playing defence. That certainly wasn't the case last night.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

He's up to 1.47 ppg, as well. I thought he'd get up to over 1.5 ppg, but not this quickly.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

So pumped for the future. If we make good use of those picks next year then we've got a sick and balanced future. The current big 3 and strong support in Leblanc, Gallagher, white, beaulieu, tinordi, etc..

With the better development team we could see us optimize the young guns performances.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
So pumped for the future. If we make good use of those picks next year then we've got a sick and balanced future. The current big 3 and strong support in Leblanc, Gallagher, white, beaulieu, tinordi, etc..

With the better development team we could see us optimize the young guns performances.
For once our future is looking bright and we don't have to pray for competence...

Old
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Add in a MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Shinkaruk, Monahan, Drouin or Lindholm, and you better watch the **** out.

I would sacrifice this season if that would guarantee us one of them.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Add in a MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Shinkaruk, Monahan, Drouin or Lindholm, and you better watch the **** out.

I would sacrifice this season if that would guarantee us one of them.
That decision was already made a while ago.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Personally yep.. His stickhandling, puck protection, vision, shot.. His style reminds me of Forsberg a bit..

Old
11-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Lockout negociations seem to be going fine now... we should have a season... so the question would be I guess... is he invited to training camp and can he / should he make the team? Or for a guy that missed a year, is a year dominating juniors and going to the WJC the best things for him.

I'd keep him down. I mean, we're not really better than last year, just more of a ***** to play against with the team being bigger, so Galchenyuk would make us better and make our first round pick worse. We could use a top flight prospect on the wing... so I say he stays down, we draft his future linemate top 5, and NEXT YEAR, they both make the team with Gallagher, and the future comes in. And suddenly, the band of old smurfs is quite young and quite big for Smurfs. Because you have that kid line, and then you have Pacioretty and Cole and Plekanec, and then you have Prust on the bottom 6, and Tinordi would come in on D about that time... nice mix of talent, grit, youth and experience.

I would accept throwing away this, what, 68 games season? It will have an asterisk next to it in record books anyway.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
ThaDevilGirl

His wrist shot is filthy.

Closed Thread