HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

top 3 Defender to Colorado.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
fedfed, why on Earth would Washington want Stastny at this point? If we didn't acquire Ribeiro, targeting him would make sense (though not at the price of Green).

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:57 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Good shutdown guy? My apologies for my comments about Ballard. I meant Keith Ballard. You clearly have been watching someone else with the same last name.
he's more of an offensive guy, unfortunately AV killed him by either making him play on his off side or playing him on the bottom pair. I bet when we trade him, we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go. He's stuck behind Hamhuis and Edler, and has improved a lot this year over the previous. He's a reclamation project but he could work out very well.

But his contract is terribad for someone playing on the third pairing, hence why we are trying to get rid of him (also Cannauton's success in the AHL)

what's the best offer for Hamhuis/edler? What player is more appealing? Both will cost much more than Ballard but are a top 3 defenders for sure

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
fedfed, why on Earth would Washington want Stastny at this point? If we didn't acquire Ribeiro, targeting him would make sense (though not at the price of Green).
I'm assuming the season is lost therefore we know if Ribeiro re-signs. And if he doesn't... then we need a center.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Future UFA Edler for Parenteau straight up is something I'd consider.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:07 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
if he's not coming back

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
If there wasn't a risk of him leaving once July 1st hits I'd take that, however I don't think it looks good on management by trading a guy that we just signed.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I certainly would not trade someone we just signed for someone who could just walk. If we don't have a season, or have a very short one, we could possibly have lost Patenteau for nothing. It looks bad to trade someone you just signed.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
if he's not coming back
Of course. We can always try to resign him July 1 anyways. After playing for the AVs for part of a season he might be more inclined to come back after realizing how good he has it now! Just kidding AVs fans (mostly) <3

Old
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
he's more of an offensive guy, unfortunately AV killed him by either making him play on his off side or playing him on the bottom pair. I bet when we trade him, we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go. He's stuck behind Hamhuis and Edler, and has improved a lot this year over the previous. He's a reclamation project but he could work out very well.

But his contract is terribad for someone playing on the third pairing, hence why we are trying to get rid of him (also Cannauton's success in the AHL)

what's the best offer for Hamhuis/edler? What player is more appealing? Both will cost much more than Ballard but are a top 3 defenders for sure
Nucks won't trade a guy who took hometown discount to go play for them, they would look bad in the eyes of the rest players from BC, plus he's there best d-man.

Quote:
Teams don't trade away players they just signed as UFA's.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
I would do this in a heartbeat.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Well actually they do so to say that is kind of ignorant, hell the Canucks did it last year.

Edler in every aspect is everything the AVs need in a Dman, except for the contract part, which they can negotiate during the season & up to July 1.

Now all things equal Edler has 3-4X the value of Parenteau, but the contract would make it a fair swap IMO.

EDIT: Now if Perry is being talked about for 3 1st rounders as a rental, a 2nd liner who has never broken 20 goals isn't a steep price by any stretch of the imagination for a top 2 Dman who can play shutdown and contribute offensively.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Well actually they do so to say that is kind of ignorant, hell the Canucks did it last year.

Edler in every aspect is everything the AVs need in a Dman, except for the contract part, which they can negotiate during the season & up to July 1.

Now all things equal Edler has 3-4X the value of Parenteau, but the contract would make it a fair swap IMO.
Say what?

Old
11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:

But do the Canucks really want to trade Edler to a divisional rival team which they face more than half a dozen times a season?

Not worth it IMO.

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Say what?
To say that teams don't trade players within the first season of being signed as a UFA is just plain wrong. Take a look at transactions in the last few years.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Avs44

Quote:

Now all things equal Edler has 3-4X the value of Parenteau, but the
contract would make it a fair swap IMO.
Avs still say no. Especially with this lockout, no it's really not fair. Avs have never exactly been a team that throws around money. I'm sure Gillis made an offer to Edler, and I'm assuming he turned it down. I doubt the Avs would be willing to give him the type of money he is probably looking for. If we did this trade there is an excellent chance we just traded Parenteau for a few games of Edler, if any. So considering that, combined with us just signing Parenteau, the Avs decline.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
To say that teams don't trade players within the first season of being signed as a UFA is just plain wrong. Take a look at transactions in the last few years.
How many players of PAP's caliber were traded during their 1st season after they signed multi year deals?

Old
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Avs44

Quote:
First few seasons, yes. A player that has yet to play a game for us? It's ignorant to think we would trade him. I challenge you to show
me a player like Parenteau that
never played a game for the team
he signed with before he was traded It's very very rare.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
O'Reilly for Gardiner? Not a fan of either team but I'd imagine TO is interested in Colorado's centers.
Think about it when we can trade ROR+ for a signed Edler. Elder is the perfect type of defenseman we need, tough, solid skater, great shot, and decent passer. One of the best upcoming two-way players in the league IMO.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Think about it when we can trade ROR+ for a signed Edler. Elder is the type of defenseman we need, tough, solid skater, great shot, and decent passer.
You never stop do you.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Think about it when we can trade ROR+ for a signed Edler. Elder is the perfect type of defenseman we need, tough, solid skater, great shot, and decent passer. One of the best upcoming two-way players in the league IMO.
Again, Canucks ain't sending Edler to divisional rival, even if he doesn't re-sign with the Canucks.

You should stop dreaming already.

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
The problem is we won't trade him if we have a hope of signing him. He's bought into our system and is an integral part of our defense, so unless he has told Gillis straight up he doesn't want to come back, he's ours, and you're trading for his RFA rights.

As for Hamhuis in the OP...not interested I'm afraid. He's too damn valuable to our team.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:42 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
You never stop do you.
What? I would not trade ROR at all, especially to a division rival. Also consider we might have a chance of Edler in free agency, so there is no point in trading him at all. I am a big believer of keeping all three centres as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaper View Post
Again, Canucks ain't sending Edler to divisional rival, even if he doesn't re-sign with the Canucks.

You should stop dreaming already.
I was responding to his wonderful comment about Gardiner straight up for ROR and telling him what we could have instead. I do know that the only Way of getting Edler is through free agency or overpayment.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'm assuming the season is lost therefore we know if Ribeiro re-signs. And if he doesn't... then we need a center.
Would rather fill it via free agency than trade Green away. Ribeiro, Getzlaf, Zajac, Roy, Weiss, etc.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:53 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Would rather fill it via free agency than trade Green away. Ribeiro, Getzlaf, Zajac, Roy, Weiss, etc.
I've already dealt with the fact that GMGM never fills needs on FA. On this list, I like Getz (I'm sure he's gonna stay in Anaheim) and Weiss (more interesting option to me).
Not gonna advocate that Green for Stastny is fair, I just threw it out there.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Avs44

Quote:
What? I would not trade ROR at all, especially to a division rival. Also consider we might have a chance of Edler in free agency, so there is no point in trading him at all. I am a big believer of keeping all three centres as well.
My apologies. I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were proposing ROR+ for Edler lol.