HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

footage of RNH in juniors?

Old
11-03-2012, 09:41 PM
t2bstryker

vCash: 500
footage of RNH in juniors?

I dont know if this is where i should ask this so i apologize in advance, but does anyone have a idea where i can find full games/non highlight real footage of RNH when he played for red deer?

t2bstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Nail and Nuge

Type in youtube Ryan Nugent Hopkins and Giants. It shows every shift he played against Vancouver Giants in his final year. Great video and shows off a lot of RNH's developing talent.

There is one move in particular (period 3) where RNH gets a pass in the O zone and does a head shimmy and the defender goes completely the wrong direction. Love it.

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Just checked out some RNH pre-draft footage..

I really think RNH could be the next great hockey player, I'm talking top ten in the league every season he plays..

Love that interview with Ray Ferraro on tsn, kid is humble..doesn't realize how good he really is it seems

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post

I really think RNH could be the next great hockey player, I'm talking top ten in the league every season he plays..

Love that interview with Ray Ferraro on tsn, kid is humble..doesn't realize how good he really is it seems
He probably does but I think he doesn't wanna show it. He's a very smart kid

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post

To me, because of the subtlety of his game, the fact that Nuge was a consensus #1 speaks very well for amateur scouting.

His game is a lot less flashy than anyone else in his peer group (i.e. recent first overall picks) but when it's all said and done, I suspect he will be the most effective of the group over a 15-20 year period.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
To me, because of the subtlety of his game, the fact that Nuge was a consensus #1 speaks very well for amateur scouting.

His game is a lot less flashy than anyone else in his peer group (i.e. recent first overall picks) but when it's all said and done, I suspect he will be the most effective of the group over a 15-20 year period.
It's all the little things he does, watching that footage vs the Giants, there's hardly anything flashy about his game, aside from a few dekes here and there and a beauty shootout goal, he just makes all the right plays all the time..
He looks relaxed but out hustles his opponents when he needs to..unlike Hall who is always going 200 mph, RNH conserves his energy, making him alot more unpredictable..
Bottom line he's the smartest player on the oilers, maybe the smartest young player in the NHL?

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:18 PM
ejams

I love Nuge. So damn smart and he seems to have eyes everywhere.

However.. He did injure himself on a blue line. Clumsy bumpkin

ejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
topchowda

Tsn did a feature on him when he got called up as 15 year old to red deer. If someone could find it thatd be cool

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 1600
Easily my favorite Oiler to watch. Yakupov should be pretty thrilling as well, but the intelligence RNH displays every game is mind blowing. When he gets the puck on the cycle or on the PP, it's like the game around him slows down. He never panics and always makes the right play, despite being outsized by people 30+ pounds heavier.

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:02 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Easily my favorite Oiler to watch. Yakupov should be pretty thrilling as well, but the intelligence RNH displays every game is mind blowing. When he gets the puck on the cycle or on the PP, it's like the game around him slows down. He never panics and always makes the right play, despite being outsized by people 30+ pounds heavier.
RNH and Yakupov should be a dynamic duo. RNH has so much vision and great passing skills, Yakupov has great sniping abilities, just needs the puck on his stick.

I think Hall and Eberle would work well together to, since Eberle can snipe but make great passes to, and Hall is a work horse with a nose for the net.

Hemsky/Harti/PRV-RNH-Yakupov
Hall Gagner Eberle

Spread the talent out so both Gagner and Hemsky benefit. Plus it might boost their #'s and make them valuable trade targets

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote