HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 3: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
id say teams that lost their identity..

Pittsburgh
and
Minnesota
I'll admit I lost some of my identity, and I probably would have lost more if it weren't for Fuss talking me out of it... but I still have Crosby, Letang, and Fleury (Fleury for now, he has been sucking the sack this season) Also aren't I allowed to give myself a new identity or a new core of players? I think Crosby, Letang, Eriksson, Despres, and Toffoli would be an excellent core to build around.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Florida's goalie is way too damn good...
Yeah, Markstrom is ridiculously good due to his size, that's why I had a deal set for him before the GM traded someone else. This league has a tendency to score high goals, and people will have a hard time beating him like that. The way to beat Markstrom is to aim a few feet above the ice right between his pads and blockers, and 5 hole, and to get him moving left to right as he struggles with that.

At the end of the day though, if you're a really good team you don't rely on your goalie to win you games, you just overpower the other team with territorial dominance and scoring chances. You just need a goalie who can stop the occasional blunder lol.

EvoLu7ioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:36 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
agreed! If he trades crosby next im going to go nuts, already trading Malkin wasn't the greatest idea. Trading Crosby, Malkin and Sutter would be so dumb. I dont care how many assets you get NO ONE should TRADE BOTH CROSBY AND MALKIN.
Edmonton traded Gretzky once

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I think my Devils team is basically the same as real life. All I really did was add some scoring depth, which the real Devils need to do anyway (to replace POS Parise). In 2 seasons I've added 3 players via trade, and 3 or 4 more via free agency (but all of them depth guys, and one a goalie because Hedberg retired)

If I get run over by a truck and someone else takes control of New Jersey they'll probably be okay with the roster

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:39 PM
HaroldDruken

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is Phoenix GM active yet? He's the only game I have left and would love to get it done by tonight as I work until 5 tomorrow and would miss the game if he's not ready until tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind, he's active and just PM'd me to schedule our game.

Last edited by HaroldDruken: 11-04-2012 at 03:47 PM.
HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:43 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
agreed! If he trades crosby next im going to go nuts, already trading Malkin wasn't the greatest idea. Trading Crosby, Malkin and Sutter would be so dumb. I dont care how many assets you get NO ONE should TRADE BOTH CROSBY AND MALKIN.
calm down, Crosby isn't going anywhere I just got really pissed after the 8-0 beatdown I took from Carolina and I couldn't think straight. Also trading Malkin last season helped me make the playoffs

Old
11-04-2012, 03:01 PM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
calm down, Crosby isn't going anywhere I just got really pissed after the 8-0 beatdown I took from Carolina and I couldn't think straight. Also trading Malkin last season helped me make the playoffs
Ya, that was still a great trade for both teams.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Ya, that was still a great trade for both teams.
I don't know if it is still a great trade for both though... unless my season turns around then i'm in the clear and it was a fantastic trade for the both of us. Eriksson is amazing but Roy has really dropped off from his pace at the beginning of this season and the end of last.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Congrats to the only guy in the league doing spinoramas, in all three zones, no matter the score, One of the rare times where I'll just put my controller down.

#newrivalry

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Dropped another one, 2-1, to the San Jose CPU. Game winning goal, you guessed it, soft wrister from the point...rebound...score!!

Bring on the next sim period

Old
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Jsolari11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Congrats to the only guy in the league doing spinoramas, in all three zones, no matter the score, One of the rare times where I'll just put my controller down.

#newrivalry
For the record i wasnt show boating, thats just the way i play. You should see me on team play just ask he'll tell you

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
HaroldDruken

Who wants to play some CLUB tonight?

Old
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
HaroldDruken

Spin-o-ramas = A fancy way to setup the high wrister from the slot

Old
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Solari: wasn't necessarily saying you were, I wasn't doing a good job stopping you either way.
Harold: I'd be up for it

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
DoubleK81

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I think my Devils team is basically the same as real life. All I really did was add some scoring depth, which the real Devils need to do anyway (to replace POS Parise). In 2 seasons I've added 3 players via trade, and 3 or 4 more via free agency (but all of them depth guys, and one a goalie because Hedberg retired)

If I get run over by a truck and someone else takes control of New Jersey they'll probably be okay with the roster

My Bruins are the same way. Traded off Thomas for Kulemin when Seguin went down last season and took care of 2 things at once, with Rask stepping into the #1 spot and needing some scoring with Tyler out for the rest of the season. Let Marchand walk in the offseason with being RFA and wanting 5.8m per, along with Commodore. Picked up Bertuzzi and Lovejoy to fill in/replace those 2. I think in the unlikely event I stopped playing, BOS would be in pretty good shape.

Personally, I really think the league only needs 2 trades in total, to be used at any time. Nearly every one of the trades made have involved big names, which is pretty unrealistic. Granted, everyone has their preferred players, but there is almost too much flexibility.

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Who wants to play some CLUB tonight?
this guy

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
For the record i wasnt show boating, thats just the way i play. You should see me on team play just ask he'll tell you
Same man, the spin-o-ramas are very useful, if done at the right time and right place. And theres 3 different kinds for different scenarios.

St. Louis has a half spin he does that really messed with dmen all the time.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:57 PM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post

Ya hes insane, he does spinoramas even when hes last man back and never gets caught lol! Trust me hes one of the best defensemen on otp and thats why hes so good defensively in this game

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Dropped another one, 2-1, to the San Jose CPU. Game winning goal, you guessed it, soft wrister from the point...rebound...score!!

Bring on the next sim period
Why u playing his cpu lolll i just played the san jose guy

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Why u playing his cpu lolll i just played the san jose guy
I thought we were simming soon and he wasn't on. Its cool anyway, his team got the win

Old
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
slightlystewpid420

i hope i get some wins in the sim I mean, i guess i wouldnt mind another 1st pick but...its a little early for that kind of thinking.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

out shot and out chance opponents.. and I still cant win, let alone score a ******* goal.. i hate this game.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
out shot and out chance opponents.. and I still cant win, let alone score a ******* goal.. i hate this game.
Tbh I don't know what the shots were in our game but as far as quality chances goes you didn't have many . Also Quick made a few huge saves that could have added to the score. Shots from bad angles and from outside the slot are not that dangerous if you look at the goals that I scored they were all alone outfront of the goal that's how to score goals get alone with the goalie.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:59 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Tbh I don't know what the shots were in our game but as far as quality chances goes you didn't have many . Also Quick made a few huge saves that could have added to the score. Shots from bad angles and from outside the slot are not that dangerous if you look at the goals that I scored they were all alone outfront of the goal that's how to score goals get alone with the goalie.
I wasn't just talking about our game.. it's been the story for me the last few games
Chances in our game were about even I would say

All my shots weren't from the parameter.. I had good shots from the slot and right infront of the net.. shots were 28-15 in my favor..

I also make some decent plays in the offensive zone.. nice passing plays.. and i rarely get rewarded for them

our game was a good game.. im just pissed some games i do well.. others i **** the bed

Old
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Jsolari11

Hey fuss do i have permission to play toronto cpu?

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote