HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-phx

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 02:18 AM
  #1
Vikingstad
**** the King
 
Vikingstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Edm-phx

This is my 2nd ever proposal, so dont go ape **** on me if its bad, but here we go

To PHX:

Gagner
Hemsky

To EDM:

Hanzal


Reasoning: With loss of Whitney and some other forwards, and not having much FWD prospects in their cupboard, the Yotes could use some help up front. Gagner is a 2nd C capable of 50 pts in a season, while still having potential to be better since he just turned 23. Hemsky is capable of being close to PPG, while his health is a question mark, he was healthy majority of last season, and now has a full season of off season training + is producing well in the Czech League, so its not out of question to say the worst of his injuries are behind.

The Oilers get a C with huge size, great defensively and adds the well needed grit to forward crops. Hes still young at 25, so will fit in with the young core. His offensive production hasnt been great, but having 34pts in 64 games says he atleast capable of 40 pts, likely more with a more open system than Tippets. Losing Hemsky wont be so bad as Yakupov is a natural RW and can slot in there.


Thoughts?

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:25 AM
  #2
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Here we go again.
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 500
I love Hanzal and he's basically not available IMO. But I think you are undervaluing Hemsky and Gagner. I'm not sure what they are worth but I'm pretty sure its more than Hanzal by himself. That said I'm glad you aren't undervaluing him which seems pretty common


Also, maybe it's just me but I think this trade would actually make both teams worse. Without Hanzal, Phoenix would be in deep trouble in the Pacific. Oilers aren't getting good value and lose depth.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
  #3
korpedo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
The only reasons phoenix says no is because

A. Hanzal fits into tippets system too well

B. Front office is in love with this guy

C. Phoenix can't afford to be trading centers right now. It's an area of weakness for the coyotes and moving Hanzal makes phoenix a worse team no matter what the return

So, a reluctant but necessary no from phoenix

korpedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
  #4
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
This is my 2nd ever proposal, so dont go ape **** on me if its bad, but here we go

To PHX:

Gagner
Hemsky

To EDM:

Hanzal


Reasoning: With loss of Whitney and some other forwards, and not having much FWD prospects in their cupboard, the Yotes could use some help up front. Gagner is a 2nd C capable of 50 pts in a season, while still having potential to be better since he just turned 23. Hemsky is capable of being close to PPG, while his health is a question mark, he was healthy majority of last season, and now has a full season of off season training + is producing well in the Czech League, so its not out of question to say the worst of his injuries are behind.

The Oilers get a C with huge size, great defensively and adds the well needed grit to forward crops. Hes still young at 25, so will fit in with the young core. His offensive production hasnt been great, but having 34pts in 64 games says he atleast capable of 40 pts, likely more with a more open system than Tippets. Losing Hemsky wont be so bad as Yakupov is a natural RW and can slot in there.


Thoughts?
Hanzal is the 3rd best player in that trade. Why would Edmonton do that?

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:41 AM
  #5
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
The only reasons phoenix says no is because

A. Hanzal fits into tippets system too well

B. Front office is in love with this guy

C. Phoenix can't afford to be trading centers right now. It's an area of weakness for the coyotes and moving Hanzal makes phoenix a worse team no matter what the return

So, a reluctant but necessary no from phoenix
He's about as untouchable that Phoenix has up front. It's hard to describe how much of an impact Hanzel has playing on Dave Tippet's Pacific Division Champion squad. He's a key contributor in all situations. I can see where someone unfamiliar with the Coyotes would devalue Hanzel based solely on his offensive statistics.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:44 AM
  #6
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,540
vCash: 500
The value is certainly in Phoenix's favor, but not by enough to justify comprising the fit. No thanks from this Phoenix fan. Good offer, though.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:46 AM
  #7
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I love Hanzal and he's basically not available IMO. But I think you are undervaluing Hemsky and Gagner. I'm not sure what they are worth but I'm pretty sure its more than Hanzal by himself. That said I'm glad you aren't undervaluing him which seems pretty common


Also, maybe it's just me but I think this trade would actually make both teams worse. Without Hanzal, Phoenix would be in deep trouble in the Pacific. Oilers aren't getting good value and lose depth.
I think it definitely makes Phoenix less effective, but it adds a new and valuable element to Edmonton who still have even more young guns on the way to fill holes in the form of Magnus and Nail.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
  #8
TurdFerguson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Not a fan of either team, but I'd say Phoenix says no on this one. It's good to see Hanzal is getting some credit though, he's a good player on a favourable contract.
Good value offer.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
  #9
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
try again

quick no from phoenix hemsky will be on the shelf again shortly and hanzal would be shutting down gagner for fun

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
  #10
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Would Phoenix even want Hemmer at $5m with their financial situation?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
  #11
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Would Phoenix even want Hemmer at $5m with their financial situation?
Depends on new CBA. Phoenix right now is about $4 M below the cap floor.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
  #12
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 637
we need Gormley or Yandle.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:41 PM
  #13
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Talk about over valuing a player, Hanzel is not worth Hemsky and Gagner. Hanzel is very good shut down centreman but will never be an offensive force and EDM gives up a 23 yr old that is averaging about 47 points a season and a top 6 winger. Crazy, that is a real over payment for Hanzel.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:43 PM
  #14
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
we need Gormley or Yandle.
Asking for Gormley PHX fans will want one of the fab 4, if they see Hanzel being worth more than Gagner and Hemsky Gormley would be worth one of the FAB 4. I would love to get Gormley, I think a deal around Hemsky would be a fair deal for him. Hemsky is playing in the Czc league and is playing very well as he seems all healed up from his surgery.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
  #15
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
The value is in PHx favor for sure but now does the trade make sense for them?

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
  #16
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
The value is in PHx favor for sure but now does the trade make sense for them?
please elaborate topdog, we all know you despise the Oilers but it would be hard for you not to cheering for your team. I just want an explanation on your value theory here.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:11 PM
  #17
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,471
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
please elaborate topdog, we all know you despise the Oilers but it would be hard for you not to cheering for your team. I just want an explanation on your value theory here.
It's pretty simple. Phoenix plays in a division where every single team has a big, elite, two-way center: Thornton, Kopitar, Getzlaf, and Benn. One of the only reasons that Phoenix is able to compete is because Hanzal does such a phenomenal job of checking them and scoring. Gagner up against the likes of Thornton, Kopitar, Getzlaf, and Benn? Laughable.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
  #18
nzoilerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Big over payment from EDM but Hanzel is worth a lot to PHX. And would give EDM effectively exactly what they need behined Hopkins. I like Hemsky on the oilers though and if the oilers are going to trade a top six winger they are going to want a more offensive capable centre or a top 3 D in return.

Yakupov
Gagner

for

OEL / Yandle+
Hanzel

I know Larsson is probably not available, but many say that about Yakupov. And Yak is making a lot of noise in the KHL. This trade addresses two of EDM's needs and gives PHX more offensive production and a young franchise player to market and build around.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
  #19
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Big over payment from EDM but Hanzel is worth a lot to PHX. And would give EDM effectively exactly what they need behined Hopkins. I like Hemsky on the oilers though and if the oilers are going to trade a top six winger they are going to want a more offensive capable centre or a top 3 D in return.

Yakupov
Gagner

for

OEL / Yandle+
Hanzel

I know Larsson is probably not available, but many say that about Yakupov. And Yak is making a lot of noise in the KHL. This trade addresses two of EDM's needs and gives PHX more offensive production and a young franchise player to market and build around.
As tough as it would be, I'd give one of the big 4 for OEL. The hard part is which one of them it would be.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  #20
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,471
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
As tough as it would be, I'd give one of the big 4 for OEL. The hard part is which one of them it would be.
The only one that would interest Phoenix is RNH. I think Hall would be worth more than OEL but the Yotes don't need elite wingers more than they need OEL.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:15 PM
  #21
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Big over payment from EDM but Hanzel is worth a lot to PHX. And would give EDM effectively exactly what they need behined Hopkins. I like Hemsky on the oilers though and if the oilers are going to trade a top six winger they are going to want a more offensive capable centre or a top 3 D in return.

Yakupov
Gagner

for

OEL / Yandle+
Hanzel

I know Larsson is probably not available, but many say that about Yakupov. And Yak is making a lot of noise in the KHL. This trade addresses two of EDM's needs and gives PHX more offensive production and a young franchise player to market and build around.
Hanzal and Gagner are fairly even, so how does Yakupov = OEL or Yandle+?

OEL >> Yakupov
Yandle > Yakupov

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:57 PM
  #22
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Hanzal and Gagner are fairly even, so how does Yakupov = OEL or Yandle+?

OEL >> Yakupov
Yandle > Yakupov
As an Oiler fan I would be shocked if Gagner = Hanzal in the eyes of many NHL GM's.

Gagner is better than he often gets credit for but Hanzal is somewhat of a unigue animal. What he does he does about as well as any player in the league. If te Oilers were offered Hanzal for Gagner straight up I'd hope they would do it in a heartbeat.

I'd trade Hemsky for Gagner as well, as Hanzal brings an element that the Oiler are really missing.

Both, no way.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
  #23
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
As an outside observer, I take Hanzal over Gagner all day every day. Get him out of Phoenix's defense first system and I think he'd put up more points. But to watch him play defense is a treat.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:59 PM
  #24
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Big over payment from EDM but Hanzel is worth a lot to PHX. And would give EDM effectively exactly what they need behined Hopkins. I like Hemsky on the oilers though and if the oilers are going to trade a top six winger they are going to want a more offensive capable centre or a top 3 D in return.

Yakupov
Gagner

for

OEL / Yandle+
Hanzel

I know Larsson is probably not available, but many say that about Yakupov. And Yak is making a lot of noise in the KHL. This trade addresses two of EDM's needs and gives PHX more offensive production and a young franchise player to market and build around.
Yandle+Hanzal for Yakupov+Gagner seems fair, but would probably make more sense for PHX's advertising if it was before the draft or if Yak was switched with Ebs/Hall.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  #25
YotesFan47
Registered User
 
YotesFan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Country: United States
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Yandle+Hanzal for Yakupov+Gagner seems fair, but would probably make more sense for PHX's advertising if it was before the draft or if Yak was switched with Ebs/Hall.
That's not really fair. Hanzal is huge for Phoenix and so is Yandle. Not that Gags and Yak are crap or anything but I don't know that either would work out well in our defense first system. Yandle isn't great defensively but he is under rated a bit. I could settle for Yandle+3rd for Yakupov+Gagner but adding Hanzal is way too much for Phoenix.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.