HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan To Washington

Old
11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Nothing is certain but there's no point to trade Ryan for him when there's a guy ready to go for the job. Maybe if Holland or Bonino doesn't work out as 2nd line center, I could see Ryan getting traded for a center and +.
I guess it depends on your mindset going into the season (compete vs. rebuild).

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I guess it depends on your mindset going into the season (compete vs. rebuild).
The choice here isn't Holland or Mojo. It's Mojo and Holland or Ryan and Holland. Seeing as Ryan's worst season to date is better than Johansson's best, it shouldn't surprise anyone that we would opt for the known quantity.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Anaheim can get a lot more for Ryan IMO. I'm sure several teams would be lining up with much better offers to Anaheim.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What happened to Detroit?
They've gotten old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Yes but we play SJ/LA/PHX/DAL for 24 games a year vs 16 games that you play against those 4 Eastern Conf teams. In addition, we have to play VAN, DET and CHI for 12 games.

I don't think you'll win a discussion about comparing any Southeast Div team's schedule in recent years against any Pacific Div team, even when you expand the discussion out to include other strong teams within the conference.
I've never even gotte into that discussion (if you were reading...) but if you include those teams, we play Tampa, NJ, Ottawa, Buffalo, FLA for 24 more games in addition to 16 we play against those. And we don't see a whole lot of NHL's worst team (I don't think there'll be any argument here), Columbus.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:38 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Done.
Not a chance, we don't have surplus of defensemen.
What about Johansson, Wilson and a first?
not to nitpik here, but the caps dont exactly have a surplus of 2nd line centers. right? johansson was nearly at 50pts last season while getting bounced all over the lineup on a brutally defense first team.

you trade him for a wing? btw....if the nhl doesnt play this season, ribeiro never plays a game in a washington uniform.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
not to nitpik here, but the caps dont exactly have a surplus of 2nd line centers. right? johansson was nearly at 50pts last season while getting bounced all over the lineup on a brutally defense first team.

you trade him for a wing? btw....if the nhl doesnt play this season, ribeiro never plays a game in a washington uniform.
Do you think he walks or that he isn't given an option to re-sign?

Old
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
They've gotten old.

Detroit's gotten younger actually...

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
txpd

Quote:
Do you think he walks or that he isn't given an option to re-sign?
mcphee makes these sorts of short term acquisitions all the time. from all evidence the caps like johansson a lot as a 2c as he grows into the job. my read is the caps got ribeiro on an expiring contract to give johansson one more year of experience.

i saw no sign that the caps were interested in ribeiro beyond this season unless something special happened like with fedorov. if ribeiro doesnt play......then.....

Old
11-05-2012, 05:18 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

The difference is that you see him as 2C soon, and I don't.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:07 AM
txpd

Quote:
The difference is that you see him as 2C soon, and I don't.
i dont know how i see him. he's young. what i see is what the capitals have done with him and how they have used him and that they dont go thru their quality drafted players as disposables.

i suppose you may want johansson traded to make room for another as yet to be a rookie that you think will be better. thats fine. i am saying mcphee isnt going to do that.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Jesus...I thought Zibanejad+Greening was bad.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 02:38 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
The choice here isn't Holland or Mojo. It's Mojo and Holland or Ryan and Holland. Seeing as Ryan's worst season to date is better than Johansson's best, it shouldn't surprise anyone that we would opt for the known quantity.
Your team needs a 2nd line center because no matter what you think holland is not certain to fill that position or it will take a couple of years.

Ryan's worst season:
23 GP 10 PTS
.435 PPG
Johansson's best season:
80 GP 46 PTS
.575 PPG

Don't try to make an excuse about Games Played because Johansson played three times the games in his first season in the NHL than Ryan did. Johansson is three years younger than Ryan and would fill one of their most needed positions with a hole in the lineup. Centers are valued higher than wingers and Ryan doesn't want to stay in Anaheim anyway.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Your team needs a 2nd line center because no matter what you think holland is not certain to fill that position or it will take a couple of years.

Ryan's worst season:
23 GP 10 PTS
.435 PPG
Johansson's best season:
80 GP 46 PTS
.575 PPG

Don't try to make an excuse about Games Played because Johansson played three times the games in his first season in the NHL than Ryan did. Johansson is three years younger than Ryan and would fill one of their most needed positions with a hole in the lineup. Centers are valued higher than wingers and Ryan doesn't want to stay in Anaheim anyway.

You should have let the thread die.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:09 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post

Ryan's worst season:
23 GP 10 PTS
.435 PPG
Johansson's best season:
80 GP 46 PTS
.575 PPG

Yeah, you should have let the thread die already. Holland is going to fill the hole so need to trade for Johansson. Centers might be valued higher than wingers but Ryan for Johansson doesn't make sense. Also Ryan doesn't want out.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote