HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OHL Report: 2012-2013

Old
10-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
From my limited viewings (8 games?) I'd say that he is not nearly as aggressive physically as Richards was when he played here. Domi seems quite strong and is not afraid to go to the greasy areas. But Richards had much more of a mean streak.

What Domi is is a really gifted hockey player. And he seems to always be around the puck. He can score but also dish. He is also a much better skater than Richards was/is. While I think the Oilers need size in the #2C slot in Domi what you are getting is a guy with skill and hockey sense like Gagner who is a much better skater and a lot harder to deal with physically.
Like I've said in the past, size is great, but strength is the key. I'm really hoping that regardless of what happens with the season/draft that we walk away with an upgrade at center or a high end D.

10-19-2012, 05:38 PM
dnicks17

London vs. Erie on Sportsnet tonight.

Good chance to see some 2013 eligible kids and, the next big thing, Connor McDavid.

London:
Max Domi, C - 5'10'' 194lbs - 8gp 5g 10a 15p 12pim
Bo Horvat, LW - 6'0'' 203lbs - 8gp 5g 4a 9p 13pim
Nikita Zadorov, D - 6'5'' 228lbs - 8p 0g 2a 18pim

Erie:
Connor McDavid, C - 5'11'' 170lbs - 10gp 5g 7a 12p 6pim
Stephen Harper, LW - 6'1'' 195lbs - 9gp 4g 5a 9p 7pim

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:31 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Watched Darnell Nurse play against the Ice Dogs last night. Lanky kid. Good skater, good passer, and VERY good shot. IMO the kid will be a 2nd pairing d-man who see's a lot of PP time.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Sorry Fourier, I meant to respond to your message from before. I was not able to attend the game Thursday against Kitchener. Something came up last minute. Sounds like from other fans there was a questionable hit from Hamilton on Faksa?

I was a Niagara's 9-4 pounding of Guelph last night. (7 of those 9 goals came from the top line of Ritchie (4), Theoret (2), and Strome (1). When Hamilton, Strome and Ritchie go via lockout ending or trade, it's going to be an ugly season.

With Brock Beukeboom traded, 16 year old 1st round pick Aaron Haydon is getting some time playing on the back end. I really like what I'm seeing out of him. Reminds me of Dougie Hamilton at the same age. (at 6'3" he's not as big as Dougie... but Dougie was only 6'2" when drafted). IMO he wont be as good offensively, but this kid has a mean streak to him. Grew up idolizing footage of Scott Stevens

Old
11-04-2012, 04:10 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Brett Ritchie now with 9 goals in 2 games this weekend. Guy is an absolute beast and would love him on the Oilers. Now sits only 2nd in OHL scoring to Ryan Strome.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Brett Ritchie now with 9 goals in 2 games this weekend. Guy is an absolute beast and would love him on the Oilers. Now sits only 2nd in OHL scoring to Ryan Strome.
I was really impressed with him against the Rangers!

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Hey guys, Bruins fan coming in peace.

Really disappointed to see that you guys traded Tobias Reider. Excellent kid and one of my favs. I along with many others felt he should have been drafted a lot higher than he was.

If you guys are interested in OHL players for the upcoming draft, just released my top rankings for June.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/end-o...skater-1-10--2

Good luck !

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Hey guys, Bruins fan coming in peace.

Really disappointed to see that you guys traded Tobias Reider. Excellent kid and one of my favs. I along with many others felt he should have been drafted a lot higher than he was.

If you guys are interested in OHL players for the upcoming draft, just released my top rankings for June.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/end-o...skater-1-10--2

Good luck !
Carter Verhaeghe will go much higher on that list. He looked solid down the stretch, and was great in the playoffs. I think he is ahead of Freddie Hamilton at the same age (the numbers wont tell the same story, but Freddie had a much bigger role in his first two years due to being on weaker teams).

I agree with where you have DiFruscia though. Kid has so much potential, but lacks the speed to put it all together. He will be on the top line next year with Verhaeghe and Perlini, so if he doesn't get drafted this year, he will get another crack at it to show what he has.