Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
A PP shouldn't look like a you're on the PK...

Burmistrov creates a better opportunity short handed than the team does on 3 PP...

Now 3-on-5 with a questionable call on Machacek..

Kill one 3-on-5 (second one) and then a third one happens... Goal, 2-0 providence

Last edited by garret9: 11-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Canadienjet

vCash: 500
Another brillant effort by the IceCaps on a Sunday game.

I get it the three in three sucks but an effort like this is inexcusable.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 11-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Canadienjet

Can we decline penalties?

Old
11-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Canadienjet

3-0...it's over.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
3-0...it's over.
Don't like how they are abusing Jaffray and getting away with it...

Old
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
That is terrible.Been a disappointing season so far.

Guys don't give a **** quite frankly.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
scelaton

Who else thinks that, even if the NHL and PA settle, Burmi should stay on the Ice Caps until he grows into a more dominant AHL player--the way Scheifele now is in the OHL?

Old
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Canadienjet

Another **** effort.Shut out again.

Some changes need to be made to this team send guys down,cut them,etc.

Flame away but Burmistrov has been disappointing along with others.

Only bright spot is Ben Chairot.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Who else thinks that, even if the NHL and PA settle, Burmi should stay on the Ice Caps until he grows into a more dominant AHL player--the way Scheifele now is in the OHL?
I asked Corey Pronman of Hockey Prospectus to get an outside opinion... He said NHL for Burmi, which I agree.

His only lacks IMHO are strength and weight which AHL doesn't do much to change.

For those afraid of his lack of production, 30 shots on goal (second on team and they don't seem like poor ones from what I've watched) means the production will come, just a matter of when.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:33 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

I won't flame but I say the bright spots have been so far:
Redmond, Burmistrov and Maxwell

They aren't always getting the production but they are making the chances... over time this will get better.

Pasquale and Dekanich have been good but not as good as I had hoped looking at previous performances.

What has really bothered me is that the D have been terrible at clearing the pucks away from the net and not giving opposing players a free walk into the slot

Old
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:

They aren't always getting the production but they are making the chances... over time this will get better.

Pasquale and Dekanich have been good but not as good as I had hoped looking at previous performances.
1 for 31 on the PP is brutal.

Both goalies have been inconsistant.

Maxwell I can't say much bad about.He's been good.Redmond will be going back to the ASG.

Lack of offence is killing this team.We have been shut out 4 times already.We hardly tested Svedberg today,Macenauer had the best chance.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Frankie

i don't think mccambridge is doing the team any favours either. some of his decisions are stupid. for instance, why doesn't whitmore play? he's supposed to be a goalscorer on a team that clearly can't score goals. yet he doesn't play.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
i don't think mccambridge is doing the team any favours either. some of his decisions are stupid. for instance, why doesn't whitmore play? he's supposed to be a goalscorer on a team that clearly can't score goals. yet he doesn't play.
I like McCambridge but I have to agree with you.Whitmore should ask for his release.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:17 PM
trouty

Quote:

What has really bothered me is that the D have been terrible at clearing the pucks away from the net and not giving opposing players a free walk into the slot
Pasquale has been terrible thou he anit getting offence.Dekanich I disagree he's been solid and in the 8-7 game let in 1 bad goal D hung him out to dry

Old
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
trouty

Quote:
Blame Jets brass for that.The issue of toughness was pointed out last year and Gm stated you wanna win or be tough.We did not wn but had guys run and hurt all year long.Shocker we got less intimadating this year and guys like albert are getting run from behind.Wanna see what wims go look at syracuse tough top to bottom and embarrassed us last year

Old
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Blame Jets brass for that.The issue of toughness was pointed out last year and Gm stated you wanna win or be tough.We did not wn but had guys run and hurt all year long.Shocker we got less intimadating this year and guys like albert are getting run from behind.Wanna see what wims go look at syracuse tough top to bottom and embarrassed us last year
Not much help now but Sol, Lowry, Sutter, Olsen, Brassard and Kosmachuk will probably all be on the IceCaps in 1-2 years... All of them are either tough enough to take care of themselves or an additional force to reckon with.

Machacek is decently tough but you don't want to lose one of your main producers. Cormier is solid too but he's injured.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Not much help now but Sol, Lowry, Sutter, Olsen, Brassard and Kosmachuk will probably all be on the IceCaps in 1-2 years... All of them are either tough enough to take care of themselves or an additional force to reckon with.

Machacek is decently tough but you don't want to lose one of your main producers. Cormier is solid too but he's injured.
Needs help now.1-2 years won't mean nothing if Jaffray is re injured.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:39 PM
trouty

Agree Machecek can go but you dont want him leading the teaM in fighting majors,which he is now

team has to many players filling in the exact same role and in the end it makes no sence.Last year by all star break are team was that beat up and hurt they were no condition for syracuse,infact a bunch of players came into this year still hurt and brused,and its starting again teams coming to Mile One and just intimidating the Caps with little to no spark or push back or life.Crowd lifeless and no one wants to set a tone or do little to anything about getting embarrassed on home ice

Old
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:

Burmi's numbers speak for themselves, 1 goal in 11 AHL games for a supposed NHL regular isn't good no matter how anyone want's to sugar coat it. Maybe he's finally playing at the correct level.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Boreal

I agree that Burmistrov's lack of goals is a little bit of an eyebrow raiser, but he is playing on a team that is struggling on offense more or less top to bottom. He is the leading scorer on the team, the last I checked. I'm not trying to brush any criticisms off, but to me him being the leading point getter on a currently below-average team is better then him being the 6th leading scorer on a high offensive output team. I'm just not overly concerned. We'll see how the season progresses.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

People complaining about the Caps toughness need to try and remember that this team exists to develop players for the Winnipeg Jets. Sure you want to protect those investments, and have a winning product in St. John's to foster that attitude amongst the players and keep Caps fans happy, but you can't take your eyes off of the bigger prize.

Make deals to try and get the Ice Caps tougher, but don't in any way sacrifice the ultimate goal: NHL player development.

11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
People complaining about the Caps toughness need to try and remember that this team exists to develop players for the Winnipeg Jets. Sure you want to protect those investments, and have a winning product in St. John's to foster that attitude amongst the players and keep Caps fans happy, but you can't take your eyes off of the bigger prize.

Make deals to try and get the Ice Caps tougher, but don't in any way sacrifice the ultimate goal: NHL player development.
Boy is that ever true. When I watched a Wolves vs Rampage game in Chicago last month we sat in the upper deck. I overhead Kevin Dineen on the phone with a coach for the Rampage during the intermission, and he said "I don't care what you have to do, get these two guys out there more in the third period, I didn't come all this way to see our top two prospects on the bench" It's crazy to think but even at a pro level, AHL coaches have their hands tied and are told what to do. And as you say, their job is to develop players and winning comes secondary for many AHL teams. Im not saying the IceCaps operate this way but many clubs only care about development.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Boy is that ever true. When I watched a Wolves vs Rampage game in Chicago last month we sat in the upper deck. I overhead Kevin Dineen on the phone with a coach for the Rampage during the intermission, and he said "I don't care what you have to do, get these two guys out there more in the third period, I didn't come all this way to see our top two prospects on the bench" It's crazy to think but even at a pro level, AHL coaches have their hands tied and are told what to do. And as you say, their job is to develop players and winning comes secondary for many AHL teams. Im not saying the IceCaps operate this way but many clubs only care about development.
It's a nearly impossible juggling act and I would not be tasked with handling it. Hell, it's hard enough to just win, never mind put all those extra parameters on it.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

My comments were more along the lines of what you mentioned above with protecting those investments. In the game there was a noticeable attempt to attack Jaffray... and although he's not a future Jet, the lack of protecting those needing protection was my concern.
I'm not one for pure truculent players anyways.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Frankie

Quote:

i would tend to agree with you, but, it certainly appears the icecaps' coaching staff and jets' management is not concerned at all about developing prospects. they want to win the calder cup, and that's their sole focus.

Closed Thread