HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
That

vCash: 500
DeAngelo reminds me of a pre-draft Ryan Murphy so much. Tries to play hero every shift and has turnover after turnover. They both have incredible hands and skate like the wind too.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
DeAngelo reminds me of a pre-draft Ryan Murphy so much. Tries to play hero every shift and has turnover after turnover. They both have incredible hands and skate like the wind too.
Right now he reminds me of Patrick Traverse

On a lighter note, this is what it means to have a player that can take over games on your team. Sarnia was going nowhere and then Gally just turned it on after the penalty fest ended which he was even part of. Saginaw is losing by a goal even though they doubled their opponent in shots, must be frustrating.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:52 PM
poetryinmotion

I just found out about Strome's 10 points in 2 games, damn.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
That

Galchenyuk goal! Buries it from in front of the net!

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Scores! Another 3+ point game! That's 4 in the last 10 days!

Old
poetryinmotion

GOAL Gally!

He stood parked in front of the net and got a lazer feed for a pass to bury it.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Galchenyuk makes it 4-2!

Beauty!

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Makander

What a shift by Galchenyuk, he was all over the place in saginaw zone and he ends up with a goal

Old
11-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Gotta say, I was dead set against him playing in the NHL this year...but if the CBA gets signed shortly and he keeps dominating like this, I'll have to at least be open to it now. He seems to be reaching a stage where the OHL is too easy.

Tied with Jenner for 3rd in OHL points race now. Both at 28. Jenner has played 1 more game.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

rust is starting to dissolve lol

28pts in 18games starts to look like dominant season... even tough he had multiple 0 pts games.. hehe

Old
11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I love me some Gally.

11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
One goal game again.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gotta say, I was dead set against him playing in the NHL this year...but if the CBA gets signed shortly and he keeps dominating like this, I'll have to at least be open to it now. He seems to be reaching a stage where the OHL is too easy.

Tied with Jenner for 3rd in OHL points race now. Both at 28 in 18.
I think he should get his 9 games, but go back down either way.

Nothing wrong with dominating a season, it's a plus I think.

There's also the world juniors, and the possibility of either a memorial cup run or joining the bulldogs calder cup run.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think he should get his 9 games, but go back down either way.

Nothing wrong with dominating a season, it's a plus I think.

There's also the world juniors, and the possibility of either a memorial cup run or joining the bulldogs calder cup run.
well the way he is playing right now, he wont have much trouble being able to feed his partners or himself being fed the puck with nhlers... since he will go to the net if needed.. if he does have sucess well its a no brainer to keep him, he had his chance to get his rythm back, and its there now, anyways.. i dont think its gonna happen since the nhl and nhlpa arent interested in having a season..

Old
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
These guys must be used to having horrible ratings because they're talking as if no one's listening, entertaining themselves, a curse for radio hosts. Horrible.

Sounds like that was a great goal by Goldobin
We sit in front of the road team radio announcers in Plymouth, and had to listen to those clowns all last night. They cannot even pronounce the opposing players names correctly.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Makander

How much TOI do you think Galchenyuk gets on average? I've watched maybe 7-8 of Galchenyuk so far this season and i get the feeling he never played more than 20min in any game i watched, seems to me if you had a player as dominant you would want to play him 23-26 min a game, double shift etc..

Old
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Paterson stones him.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
That

Galchenyuk got robbed in all alone.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:29 PM
poetryinmotion

Sag might pull their goalie again with 50 seconds to go a they just scored to get into 1 again.

Oh well, glad Gally found his goalscoring mojo again, he was close to an other 4 point night.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Sting improve to 7-1 on the road. What a weird team.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

The Boy is HOT. Keep it up Gally, youve been outstanding kid.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
That

Sarnia wins 5-4. Galchenyuk picks up 1 goal and 2 assists.

Galchenyuk started out the game by stealing the puck and then drawing a high sticking call. It all went downhill after that. Sarnia was pinned in there zone the entire first period, but Barrick kept it alive. He had a nice play tying up his man who was in all alone in front of the net, but followed it up with a terrible drop pass. He couldn't get anything going and lost the puck a ton of times in the first. Then the second rolled around and Galchenyuk decided that enough is enough and took over the game. He had an excellent shift in which he did all sorts of things with the puck. The next shift he used his hands to create space and then had a nice pass. The puck end up coming the other way, but Galchenyuk stole it back. He then had a nice pass to Sarault, who fed Basso to pick up his first assist. He had a stupid giveaway after he tried to get to fancy in the neutral zone. Later on he showed off some great hands by walking through the entire team. He also had a nice pass to DeAngelo. Galchenyuk's second assist came off a great play. He won the foot race and tipped the puck forward to Boucher and then they passed it back and forth until Boucher shot and buried it. To kick off the third he lost the handle on the puck, but he finished his shift with a good scoring chance. His goal came off of a great shift. He weaved through the offensive zone and left the puck for Sarault. As the play went on Galchenyuk went to the front of the net and buried a beautiful feed from Sarault.

Overall, I though Galchenyuk was very good today. Every time he picked up a point you could have predicted it. It was how he controlling the play and moving the puck. Like the rest of Sarnia, he had an absolutely terrible first period. He also had an inexcusable give away. He didn't seem very interested defensively, but he had a few good plays in his own end. Poor effort at first, dominated the second, but cooled off in the third.

-Coyotes prospect Connor Murphy has had a nice little stretch. He put together another very solid game. Had an incredible dangle in the third to get around the defender. He looked very confident offensively and was solid defensively in the second and third periods.
-Brodie Barrick was incredible in net tonight for Sarnia. In the first when Sarnia was getting hammered, he shut the door and stopped all 21 shots. He ended up stopped 47 out of 51 shots. He was the biggest reason Sarnia won tonight.
-It's hard to believe that Sarault picked up 4 assists today. His play certainly didn't reflect a dominating performance as his stats suggest. He had a nice pass on Galchenyuk's goal, but other than that he was invisible.
-2014 draft prospect Anthony DeAngelo was terrible tonight. From his first shift to his last one. He made countless stupid decisions with and without the puck. He needs to use his teammates more and quit trying to play hero every shift.
-Fellow 2014 draft prospect Nikolay Goldobin had a great game. His progression from game to game is awesome. He had a fantastic goal on a penalty shot.
-Panthers prospect Vincent Trocheck was very good tonight. He tied Saginaw's franchise record of assists of 134. He created a ton of chances and was very dangerous all night.
-One of my favourites for the 2013 draft, Jimmy Lodge was awesome tonight. He had a ton of chances and was very noticeable very shift. He picked up a goal and an assist. He never let up all night and played hard every shift.
-Nick Moutrey is now officially on my radar for this years draft. He was very physical and picked up a goal and an assist. He was fantastic, I thought he was Sagniaw's best player today.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Moneyman2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks man! ive been following these thread since a while now i finally decide to create a account!

Old
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyman2k6 View Post
Thanks man! ive been following these thread since a while now i finally decide to create a account!
What's your opinion on rust-gate?

Old
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What's your opinion on rust-gate?
WD-40 could have saved a bunch of useless posts. But I'm not an expert.

Closed Thread