HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
No goals scored this weekend....

Old
11-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
No goals scored this weekend....
They really did not have a single quality scoring chance in the game against Wilkes-Barre. Every single shot came from the outside. It was eerily reminiscent of a Terry Murray team.

Today there were at least a few quality chances, but they just couldn't bury them. King was probably the worst forward out there tonight. He couldn't handle a puck to save his life. He looked like the Dwight King of the first round against Vancouver. Hopefully it was just a bad game and he's not having some sort of sophomore slump.

And I hate to say it, but Deslauriers reminds me exactly of Jack Johnson in every possible way. I had high hopes for him until this year when I've had the chance to watch him play consistently.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:11 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
They signed him to a tryout I believe because Campbell and Kolomatis are both injured (doesn't look good for them).
Right and it sounds like Campbell and Kolomatis are both out for quite some time, Lokti also got hurt Friday night and Nolan is still not playing. Today's game was way better than Friday night was, but anything would have been an improvement over Friday.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Johnny Utah

I follow Rich Clune on the social media world, what a solid dude. Wish he would get a shot on the Kings...1 goal, 3 assists and 4 fights already. I like Colin Fraser, but kinda over getting him pounded in every fight, hopefully Clune gets a shot sometime soon.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I follow Rich Clune on the social media world, what a solid dude. Wish he would get a shot on the Kings...1 goal, 3 assists and 4 fights already. I like Colin Fraser, but kinda over getting him pounded in every fight, hopefully Clune gets a shot sometime soon.
Clune may fight more and better than Fraser, but Fraser is a much better hockey player. I honestly think Legein has made more of an impact this season with the Monarchs than Clune. I don't see an NHL future for Clune (with the Kings at least, provided there aren't a bunch of injury issues).

The Monarchs really need Nolan in the lineup. I think one reason Wilkes-Barre controlled the Monarchs was because of the size advantage (similar to how the Kings used their physical presence to control teams in the playoffs). Having Nolan back in there with King would really go a long way to eliminating the disadvantage because the Monarchs' forwards aren't very big beyond those two.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Johnny Utah

Justin Johnson isn't getting any game action so the Monarchs are going it King, Andreoff and Clune for size and toughness. Now that Campbell is out that hurts too, so they def need Nolan back.

By the way, love Andreoff. He will be a King soon. I called it with Nolan last year. He plays the Lombardi-Hextall type game. Smoked Curt Gogol in a fight the other night. Earlier in the week he jumped Warren Peters for a hit on a teammate. Andreoff reminds me of a young Rick Tocchet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rjF-PPyTPQY

Last edited by Johnny Utah: 11-05-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Justin Johnson isn't getting any game action so the Monarchs are going it King, Andreoff and Clune for size and toughness. Now that Campbell is out that hurts too, so they def need Nolan back.

By the way, love Andreoff. He will be a King soon. I called it with Nolan last year. He plays the Lombardi-Hextall type game. Smoked Curt Gogol in a fight the other night. Earlier in the week he jumped Warren Peters for a hit on a teammate. Andreoff reminds me of a young Rick Tocchet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rjF-PPyTPQY
The thing with Johnson is that he's not intimidating size-wise. He's maybe 5'8" off skates. Obviously he's tough, but he's not going to help the physical disparity like Nolan would. Hopefully Nola is on track to play soon. Last update is saw last week was that he was practicing in a non-contact jersey.

There hasn't been a game yet this year where a team clearly intimidated the Monarchs. Andreoff and Clune have been handling the fighting pretty well so far. I was really pissed when Warren Peters turtled on Andreoff. Peters took a run at Bodnarchuk and left his feet to get him the head. Andreoff went right after him and Peters completely folded and curled himself up on the ice. Peters is the same gutless puke who ran Martinez last winter and knocked him out for awhile with shoulder problems.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The thing with Johnson is that he's not intimidating size-wise. He's maybe 5'8" off skates.
He was stretching/jogging around the DCU Center concourse about 1:30 yesterday and I was shocked at how small he really was. Granted he has more muscle definition in his left arm than I have in my whole body, but height-wise he was tiny.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
He was stretching/jogging around the DCU Center concourse about 1:30 yesterday and I was shocked at how small he really was. Granted he has more muscle definition in his left arm than I have in my whole body, but height-wise he was tiny.
Yeah it's amazing really. I've met him a couple times before and I was noticeably taller (I'm about 5'10"). He's a great guy. Really personable and loves just chatting it up. It's too bad he probably won't get much playing time this year.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Chazz Reinhold

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...ester-monarchs

Interesting. At least Martin Jones will get a little rest after starting every game so far.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
KingLB

Wonder if there is a way to get Clifford down there. He could use it.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Wonder if there is a way to get Clifford down there. He could use it.
Unfortunately (or, really, fortunately) he wasn't rehabbing an injury this summer, so he can't go down there like Quick.

Does anyone know if he would be able to sign an AHL contract like King did?

Old
11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen

trying to clarify Jonathan Quick upcoming Manchester AHL assignment. apparently just to work out w/them. being told he can't play.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Unfortunately (or, really, fortunately) he wasn't rehabbing an injury this summer, so he can't go down there like Quick.

Does anyone know if he would be able to sign an AHL contract like King did?
I'm 95% sure that the AHL is only allowing locked out players who were on AHL clear day rosters last year to sign with AHL teams, ala Dwight King. I have not seen a single locked out player who was not on a clear day roster signed by an AHL team, which seems to confirm what I have heard.

And that tweet from Elliott above confirms this as well, as Quick will not be able to play. Peter Mannino is a decent enough option as a backup at the AHL level, not sure why they aren't tossing him in a time or two to help Jones with some rest...

Old
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I'm 95% sure that the AHL is only allowing locked out players who were on AHL clear day rosters last year to sign with AHL teams, ala Dwight King. I have not seen a single locked out player who was not on a clear day roster signed by an AHL team, which seems to confirm what I have heard.

And that tweet from Elliott above confirms this as well, as Quick will not be able to play. Peter Mannino is a decent enough option as a backup at the AHL level, not sure why they aren't tossing him in a time or two to help Jones with some rest...
Thanks for the info. It sounds like Mannino is going to start tomorrow against the Ice Caps (his former team).

Old
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
losingsand

monarchs up 3-0.
missed the first 2 periods but prokhorkin just had an AWESOME shift here in the 3rd. kid is strong on the puck... frolov?!

Old
11-07-2012, 08:04 PM
losingsand

deslaurier w/ "the hit of the game".

looooove this kid, looks like according to the hickey article that this guy just jumped hickey on the depth chart as well.

keep it going delasaurus

kozun almost just got a hatty.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
deslaurier w/ "the hit of the game".

looooove this kid, looks like according to the hickey article that this guy just jumped hickey on the depth chart as well.

keep it going delasaurus

kozun almost just got a hatty.
Oh man I remember laughing so hard when I heard the PA guy at TSC call him that.

"De...de.....delasaurus."

Old
11-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Highlights from today's win:

It looked like the Monarchs were playing at a recreational rink, it was so empty at the Verizon Arena.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:22 AM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Highlights from today's win:

It looked like the Monarchs were playing at a recreational rink, it was so empty at the Verizon Arena.
Weekday games in the AHL never draw well plus New England is getting slammed with a snow storm right now.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Interestingly enough, the Monarchs have allowed the fewest goals in the AHL thus far this season. Only 16 goals allowed in nine games.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Prokhorkin is my new Kings' prospect crush. I love the way he plays the game. He'll be a good one if he keeps developing.

Anyone have injury updates (Loktionov, Kolomatis, Campbell, Legein)?

Old
11-08-2012, 11:23 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Prokhorkin is my new Kings' prospect crush. I love the way he plays the game. He'll be a good one if he keeps developing.

I agree. Don't be fooled by his stats. He hasn't been given much ice time to begin the season but I believe he was moved up to the second line with Vey and Toffoli Wednesday and played great. He had some real solid shifts in the third and had a great night overall. I love the way he uses his body and protects the puck.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:23 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:

Campbell and Kolomatis are both expected to miss 6 weeks.

Loktionov should be back this weekend and Nolan is also close.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I agree. Don't be fooled by his stats. He hasn't been given much ice time to begin the season but I believe he was moved up to the second line with Vey and Toffoli Wednesday and played great. He had some real solid shifts in the third and had a great night overall. I love the way he uses his body and protects the puck.
He definitely fit in on that line. It was nice to see Morris give Prokhorkin that opportunity instead of someone like Meckler or Czarnik (he had been using Cliche on that line, which...meh). Prokhorkin clearly has good hands and good hockey sense. I think the numbers will start to show up if he continues to get decent ice time with offensively talented players like Toffoli and Vey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Campbell and Kolomatis are both expected to miss 6 weeks.

Loktionov should be back this weekend and Nolan is also close.
Thanks. Good to hear Lokti will be back soon. They definitely missed him the last couple games. Hopefully Nolan will be ready no later than next week. His physical presence will be a great addition to the team, not to mention his offensive abilities.

Any report on what the injuries are for Kolomatis and Campbell?

And nothing on Legein? I didn't see the hit because of the stupid jumbotron showing an ad which is what shows up on AHL Live. Cail and Ryan made it sound pretty bad, though.

Closed Thread