Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[VAN/EDM] David Musil to the Oil Kings

Old
10-31-2012, 04:49 PM
hyster110

vCash: 500
[VAN/EDM] David Musil to the Oil Kings

the oil kings have acquired Dman David Musil from the Vancouver giants for Mason Geertson and a 1st in 2013.

this is huge for the kings, imagine musil and lowe as a shut down pair, and when gernat gets back this d core will be a major piece of another deep playoff run

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 11-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Huge for the Giants as well.

Musil has been solid all year but the defense and goaltending overall has been quite bad...

Payton Lee only has played two games, but both he played quite solid for a 16 year old kid. It sounds like he won't be up for the entire year but he gives some hope for the future.

Getting that 1st round pick and and young Geertsen really helps that youth movement for the Giants because, lets be honest, they aren't looking too hot for this year...

Really like the gritty future for the Giants, Houck, Ast, Cooke and I'm assuming Geertsen is gritty too. If they can't score, at the very least, they'll piss the other team off

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

This move falls right in line with what I'm expecting out of Vancouver...to start building toward a 2016 Memorial Cup hosting position.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

Oil Kings really looking like theyre going hard huh

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
This move falls right in line with what I'm expecting out of Vancouver...to start building toward a 2016 Memorial Cup hosting position.
but still got a lot of work ahead of them. Excited to see them grow.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Hordichuk_24

Very pleased with the return from a Vancouver perspective. More than I expected. Musil has been disappointing over the last year or so. Maybe a change of scenery and playing in Oilers territory will help bring out the best in his game.

Hordichuk_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Wow, David Musil is a huge asset to any team let alone Edmonton. Might suck for my buddy Dysin Mayo, looks like he'll be the new 7th man.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Any chance Marek Tvrdon follows out the door as the Giants look to rebuild? The team is not very good and as a Wings fan I would like to see him get traded to another team. Wondering if that is something a lot of WHL fans see taking place?

Think it was a good move for both teams in this trade.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
luongoisdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Any chance Marek Tvrdon follows out the door as the Giants look to rebuild? The team is not very good and as a Wings fan I would like to see him get traded to another team. Wondering if that is something a lot of WHL fans see taking place?

Think it was a good move for both teams in this trade.
I really hope not. He's one of our few snipers that we have, and if he was dealt, that would truly signify that we're retooling/rebuilding for 2016. Maybe it would be in the team's best interest though.

Who really knows who is staying and who is going...

luongoisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Very likely. But I would guess closer to the trade deadline. Tvrdon needs to continue scoring though. He is awful in just about every other aspect of the ice. So if he isn't putting up points his value is rather low.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:27 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Wow, David Musil is a huge asset to any team let alone Edmonton. Might suck for my buddy Dysin Mayo, looks like he'll be the new 7th man.
He's a right-handed shot. That's a big plus considering how many lefties they have. I know a guy like Reinhart routinely plays the R side, but Mayo should still find minutes because of that alone.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

I wouldn't say 'very likely' to them trading Tvrdon. Yeah, it could happen, but his suitors would be limited considering he's a Euro.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I wouldn't say 'very likely' to them trading Tvrdon. Yeah, it could happen, but his suitors would be limited considering he's a Euro.
It is very likely from a Vancouver perspective. Yes, he will be more difficult to move because he is a euro but there are teams with open import slots. Not to mention Tvrdon would be an upgrade on most teams current euros. Especially for a team wanting a pure goal scorer and potential game breaker for a long playoff run.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Wow stunner !

Vancouver haven't been great for awhile... Hopefully this gets them back on track in the future.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Wow stunner !

Vancouver haven't been great for awhile... Hopefully this gets them back on track in the future.
This could be the first time they've missed the playoffs since their expansion season in 01/02 and first time they'll finish below 2nd in the division since 2005.

Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
This could be the first time they've missed the playoffs since their expansion season in 01/02 and first time they'll finish below 2nd in the division since 2005.
I know they're consistent, but they haven't been a real threat for the Mem Cup for awhile.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24 View Post
It is very likely from a Vancouver perspective. Yes, he will be more difficult to move because he is a euro but there are teams with open import slots. Not to mention Tvrdon would be an upgrade on most teams current euros. Especially for a team wanting a pure goal scorer and potential game breaker for a long playoff run.
Would think Portland makes a nice match. They have the Euro space and a big opening on the LW.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:35 AM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 1340
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Injuries will happen and he will slide in. But such is the life of a WHL rookie.

11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Wow stunner !

They're one of the most consistent teams in the WHL. They seem to find their way into the playoffs almost every year.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
shello
@WShello9

Too bad I really liked Geersten in Edmonton but by those this ever make Edmonton better.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Would think Portland makes a nice match. They have the Euro space and a big opening on the LW.
I'm not sure Portland really needs Tvrdon. They have plenty of offensive fire power. But you never know. Calgary also has an open spot. Unless of course Rask does return at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if a team like Edmonton shows interest in Tvrdon. I know they have two euros but Tvrdon would certainly be an upgrade on Kulda.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
I'm not sure Portland really needs Tvrdon. They have plenty of offensive fire power. But you never know. Calgary also has an open spot. Unless of course Rask does return at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if a team like Edmonton shows interest in Tvrdon. I know they have two euros but Tvrdon would certainly be an upgrade on Kulda.
Plus, who wouldn't want to go play for the reigning WHL Champions?

Old
11-05-2012, 02:50 AM
alko

Quote:
He is awful in just about every other aspect of the ice...
Can you say more? we dont have any chance to see his games, so it would be nice, to read some deeper report.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Plus, who wouldn't want to go play for the reigning WHL Champions?
I'm sure Tvrdon would love to. I just don't know how much interest Edmonton has. But I do think the Oil Kings could use more offense. And if put in the right situation Tvrdon would certainly bring that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko
Can you say more? we dont have any chance to see his games, so it would be nice, to read some deeper report.
I'll try and say this as nicely as possible, as I don't dislike the kid but to say I'm frustrated with him would be putting it very lightly. Tvrdon can be money in the offensive zone. He has a great shot and a very quick release. But he doesn't fore check, he refuses to go into the corners and the term back check is not part of his vocabulary. He's also prone to taking stupid penalties, typically out of frustration at bad times (usually in the offensive zone).

Unless Tvrdon can learn to play without the puck I'm not convinced he'll be an NHL'er. Usually a coach like Don Hay doesn't put up with a player like Tvrdon not buying into his system but for whatever reason he seems to make an exception for Tvrdon.

Anyway I don't question his offensive abilities or his pure skill. But I do question his desire and work ethic. We'll have to wait and see what happens down the road.