HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Board 2013 NHL Draft Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
  #26
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Montecristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
The only silver lining to the lockout is this draft. Id rather have hockey now, but if by some stroke of luck the bruins end up with a top 12 pick, they could be very very good in the already promising future. Imagine a player like Ryan pulock slipping to where the B's will pick. That's a potential top pairing on the back end with Hamilton and neither are even in the league yet

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
  #27
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
You guys can read the Red Line Report draft spotlights from the August, 2012 issue on U.S. NTDP stud J.T. Compher (I see a potential Ryan Kesler-type guy with him)and Tyler Hill (gigantor on skates) on our webpage.

http://www.redlinereport.com/

Just wrapped Edmonton Oil Kings' Curtis Lazar for November.

Will post September, October spotlights in weeks to come after subscribers get 1st crack.

If you aren't following our Twitter feed at @daredlinereport then what are you waiting for? Our Swedish scout puts out a lot of info on there as does another Red Line staffer you might know

If you ask an intelligent question, you'll probably get an answer too. Just sayin'...

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:33 PM
  #28
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,909
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Here's my first of three rankings this weekend of Ontario Hockey League players for the 2013 draft.

Goaltenders are first, the Top 5

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/octob...goaltenders--2

Tomorrow will begin the top 20 skaters starting with Number 20 to number 11 and Monday will be number 10 to number 1.

Going to be a few debates. Don't like going with the flow

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
  #29
moorebf235
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
I'd like to see the Bruins take Jordan Subban. From what I've read he's projected late 1st/ early 2nd. More importantly I'm a sucker for siblings playing for the same team.

moorebf235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
  #30
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Here's my first of three rankings this weekend of Ontario Hockey League players for the 2013 draft.

Goaltenders are first, the Top 5

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/octob...goaltenders--2

Tomorrow will begin the top 20 skaters starting with Number 20 to number 11 and Monday will be number 10 to number 1.

Going to be a few debates. Don't like going with the flow
subban at 11....thought you might have him higher

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
  #31
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,909
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
subban at 11....thought you might have him higher
I do like him, but at 5'9" he may go later then when PK was taken

Here's the number 11 to number 20 rank

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/octob...gs-20-to-11--2

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
  #32
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorebf235 View Post
I'd like to see the Bruins take Jordan Subban. From what I've read he's projected late 1st/ early 2nd. More importantly I'm a sucker for siblings playing for the same team.
Already have Grizz, Krug and Warsofsky, how many 5'9" defenseman can one team acquire? I would not use a first round pick on Subban, second rounder we're maybe talking but I don't think he fills a need other than the brother thing.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
  #33
kman22
Registered User
 
kman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Already have Grizz, Krug and Warsofsky, how many 5'9" defenseman can one team acquire? I would not use a first round pick on Subban, second rounder we're maybe talking but I don't think he fills a need other than the brother thing.
Naturally, PK would jump ship and join the family, so he feels a need in that sense.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
  #34
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
here is the link for the OHL's top ten list from Dom.....checking out those London Knights boys

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/octob...ings-top-10--2

Dom is veryyyyyyyyy high on Nurse

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:00 PM
  #35
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Montecristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
I liked that ohl prospect write up. It made me realize outside of nurse, there isn't a defensemen I like for the bruins. Zadorov seems like a 3rd pairing guy who can fight and play in his own zone. Mcquaid fills that role. And subban would add a 4th 5-9 defensemen which is about 3 more then most teams should be investing in. Rychels rookie year might have been a product of his environment last year and I hope the B's pass on him. I like kujawinski and Harper. Both leaders on bad teams with some size and are producing this year.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
  #36
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Kid's a horse...move him into top-10 with a bullet.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=11862

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
  #37
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,909
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
I liked that ohl prospect write up. It made me realize outside of nurse, there isn't a defensemen I like for the bruins. Zadorov seems like a 3rd pairing guy who can fight and play in his own zone. Mcquaid fills that role. And subban would add a 4th 5-9 defensemen which is about 3 more then most teams should be investing in. Rychels rookie year might have been a product of his environment last year and I hope the B's pass on him. I like kujawinski and Harper. Both leaders on bad teams with some size and are producing this year.
Chris Bigras - This years Matt Finn.

Remember too those are just OHL guys. Plenty of other d-men available that would make good Bruins

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:43 PM
  #38
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Apologies, you're certainly welcome to your opinion. But do you care about how others view your position? Might I suggest you take a little more time to take a look at other players? When you start talking about the Bruins taking a player 3rd overall and you're just watching video/have just a few games against a sample size, it seems like your mind is made up...a couple of months into a long season.

Just what exactly are you basing that recommendation on? And who would you pass on to take Barkov 3rd, assuming MacKinnon and Jones went 1st and 2nd? Are you completely ready to pass on Sean Monahan to take Barkov? That would be news to most in the biz.

I just have a hard time when people take a firm position based on watching a couple of games on a stream. How about more research on players and let a little more time elapse before making such a strong declaration on October 30?
I honestly dont have a firm position and no way am I saying im a scouting expert or anything, heck its not even guaranteed MacKinnon is going to be the top pick at this point of the season (I remember in the 2011 draft some early TSN rankings had Adam Larsson as the #1 draft prospect). I just said Barkov could challenge the third spot if he continues his success in Finland. Barkov just intrigues me because he has that mold of a Bruin center if he gets more physical and the fact he is one of the younger draftees means the Bruins don't have to rush him to the big leagues.

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:45 AM
  #39
reffree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ste-justine québec
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 500
Watch a Baie-Comeau Chicoutimi game this week end and Laurent Dauphin and Valentin Zykov deserve a look. Dauphin is really smart, always seems to be arround the puck and drive to the net. Zykov has some hands wich he try to use a little too much, but goes hard in the corners and seems to always come out with the puck.

Jeremy Gregoire is another guy to watch, heart and soul kind of player, but he's not that fast right now and is offense isn't what it should be this year. He's struggle with injuries this year and suppose to be a big warrior just to play with thoses so it would be fair to look how better he can be later in the season.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 08:35 AM
  #40
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
I honestly dont have a firm position and no way am I saying im a scouting expert or anything, heck its not even guaranteed MacKinnon is going to be the top pick at this point of the season (I remember in the 2011 draft some early TSN rankings had Adam Larsson as the #1 draft prospect). I just said Barkov could challenge the third spot if he continues his success in Finland. Barkov just intrigues me because he has that mold of a Bruin center if he gets more physical and the fact he is one of the younger draftees means the Bruins don't have to rush him to the big leagues.
I don't mean to quibble or go tit for tat, but did you not write this?

If the Bruins (hopefully they dont) have the the third pick. It should be Barkov

Like I said- you're welcome to the opinion, but when you write something like that, sometimes, folks will challenge you.

Man up, Ed. Man up. Or at least, try to erase the evidence before you claim that "I just said that Barkov could challenge the third spot" (I'm busting your chops here- no need to get angry and fire back hence the emoticon)

Look- just saying that if you tried to have a conversation with a scout in a rink and you threw that out there the way you did, you'd be challenged to defend your position. It's nothing personal, but I think sometimes, fans get fixated on certain players for whatever reason. Do you guys want to have a forum where there is vigorous debate, or do you just want everyone to jump up and agree with you all the time? Barkov could make a run for the top three...or he could fall. If he doesn't improve his play away from the puck, he's going to have to keep scoring at a high pace. We all saw the same exact thing with Armia two years ago- some on HFBoards were talking top 3-5 and he ended up going 16th. Barkov is more talented Armia is, but I see some of the at times laziness and indifferent play away from the puck that permeated Armia's game in his draft year.

The 2013 draft is looking better by the day. My boss at Red Line the other day said there were 8 guys he wanted to rank in the top-5. Haven't seen him this giddy about a draft's depth since...2003. That class turned out pretty well.

I don't have a monopoly on opinions...and a lot of my post is tongue in cheek and not overly serious. But be careful hanging out over on the prospect board with the HFBoards' Sasha Barkov admiration society. I saw the exact same thing two years ago with a couple of those guys and Joel Armia...they talk him up like he's this 9-foot-tall warrior who shoots thunderbolts from his hockey stick. They tend to color everything within the prism of an over-inflated opinion of the SM-Liiga. So, even though you're watching streams of Finland pro games, I wouldn't let some of the over-the-top stuff over there sway you too much.


Last edited by Kirk- NEHJ: 11-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
  #41
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post

The 2013 draft is looking better by the day. My boss at Red Line the other day said there were 8 guys he wanted to rank in the top-5. Haven't seen him this giddy about a draft's depth since...2003. That class turned out pretty well.
I haven't done enough research yet to figure out who the Parise of the class is but if we take the Stuart of the class over him I may shoot myself.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
  #42
ed bruin
Registered User
 
ed bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
I don't mean to quibble or go tit for tat, but did you not write this?

If the Bruins (hopefully they dont) have the the third pick. It should be Barkov

Like I said- you're welcome to the opinion, but when you write something like that, sometimes, folks will challenge you.

Man up, Ed. Man up. Or at least, try to erase the evidence before you claim that "I just said that Barkov could challenge the third spot" (I'm busting your chops here- no need to get angry and fire back hence the emoticon)

Look- just saying that if you tried to have a conversation with a scout in a rink and you threw that out there the way you did, you'd be challenged to defend your position. It's nothing personal, but I think sometimes, fans get fixated on certain players for whatever reason. Do you guys want to have a forum where there is vigorous debate, or do you just want everyone to jump up and agree with you all the time? Barkov could make a run for the top three...or he could fall. If he doesn't improve his play away from the puck, he's going to have to keep scoring at a high pace. We all saw the same exact thing with Armia two years ago- some on HFBoards were talking top 3-5 and he ended up going 16th. Barkov is more talented Armia is, but I see some of the at times laziness and indifferent play away from the puck that permeated Armia's game in his draft year.

The 2013 draft is looking better by the day. My boss at Red Line the other day said there were 8 guys he wanted to rank in the top-5. Haven't seen him this giddy about a draft's depth since...2003. That class turned out pretty well.

I don't have a monopoly on opinions...and a lot of my post is tongue in cheek and not overly serious. But be careful hanging out over on the prospect board with the HFBoards' Sasha Barkov admiration society. I saw the exact same thing two years ago with a couple of those guys and Joel Armia...they talk him up like he's this 9-foot-tall warrior who shoots thunderbolts from his hockey stick. They tend to color everything within the prism of an over-inflated opinion of the SM-Liiga. So, even though you're watching streams of Finland pro games, I wouldn't let some of the over-the-top stuff over there sway you too much.
yeah dont worry I aint getting mad over the Hockey Boards yet and trust me I rather have somebody argue a point than troll

what I said was a bad choice of words and trust me I'd rather trust your scouting department than the prospect boards, but I just like Barkov's upside (from what I saw this year he good vision and size), but I'm also a big fan of Monahan as well. (yeah this 2013 draft is deep)

as is good kirk maybe them midterms are getting to me! you know what they say junior year of college is the worst!


Last edited by ed bruin: 11-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:32 PM
  #43
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Montecristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
Seems like this draft is being talked about as being as deep as any. What about the 2nd round players so we don't bog down the discussion for who they take in the first. What about Ian mccoshen? Or an undersized forward like Tyler motte? Any thoughts? I haven't seen either play

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
  #44
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Seems like this draft is being talked about as being as deep as any. What about the 2nd round players so we don't bog down the discussion for who they take in the first. What about Ian mccoshen? Or an undersized forward like Tyler motte? Any thoughts? I haven't seen either play
Ian McCoshen- Good size, tools. Solid 2nd-rounder right now because his upside ?, but has the mobility to be a solid shutdown guy going forward. He's 31st in our October rankings, but based on his meat-and-potatoes game, strikes me as a candidate to move down the list steadily as other, more dynamic players assert themselves throughout the course of the season.

We have another D-- Wiley Sherman-- in the 2nd round at RLR, but that's probably a little high for me. He's huge (6-5) but his skating needs work...he's pretty gangly and has trouble with his pivots/turns but if you believe that his coordination will catch up to his gigantic frame and he'll improve his mobility and footwork- not a bad roll of the dice to make. I talked to him at the 2012 Beantown Classic where he was only average, but he's a sharp kid who is Harvard-bound.

Brett Pesce- Nov '94 New Jersey defenseman who plays at UNH this year. Good all-around guy who plays with a mean streak but has had trouble staying healthy. Only got to see him 2x last year when he was with EJHL's NJ Hitmen because he was on the IR most of the season. Physically mature guy who is solid, steady.

Alex Forsberg, C- Don't know what happened to his older brother, who was at one time thought of as a contender for top-60 picks in 2011 as an undersized but rugged D out of the WHL. Jesse never got picked, but Alex is a better bet as a forward out of Prince George. Has the same edge and even though doesn't have a high-end offensive upside, is smart and skilled enough.

Just a few to chew on, I guess... Still so early in the game so who's to say if these guys elevate, maintain or drop from 2nd?

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
  #45
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
yeah dont worry I aint getting mad over the Hockey Boards yet and trust me I rather have somebody argue a point than troll

what I said was a bad choice of words and trust me I'd rather trust your scouting department than the prospect boards, but I just like Barkov's upside (from what I saw this year he good vision and size), but I'm also a big fan of Monahan as well. (yeah this 2013 draft is deep)

as is good kirk maybe them midterms are getting to me! you know what they say junior year of college is the worst!
S'all good.

You might be right on Barkov, but he's moving the wrong way on our list at Red Line. Doesn't mean we are right, but my opinions certainly influenced by the scouting service I work for.

Can also lead to humble pie, as our OHL guys didn't like Malcolm Subban a year ago. I went along and paid the price especially here...

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 07:04 PM
  #46
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,057
vCash: 500
Not sure if he'll be around when the Bruins pick but I think Rychel could be interesting. Has chemistry with Koko too. Not sure if Knight would like the pick though.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
  #47
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Montecristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
I wonder if anthony duclair will be available when the B's are on the clock. He must be injured, as he's only played 4 games so far in the Q but scouting reports say he's got top line potential with great speed and hands. the IQ was the only flaw but the kid scored 66 points as a rookie last year for quebec. No idea when he's projected im guessing the teens, but maybe he'll slip due to the injury?

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
  #48
reffree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ste-justine québec
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
I wonder if anthony duclair will be available when the B's are on the clock. He must be injured, as he's only played 4 games so far in the Q but scouting reports say he's got top line potential with great speed and hands. the IQ was the only flaw but the kid scored 66 points as a rookie last year for quebec. No idea when he's projected im guessing the teens, but maybe he'll slip due to the injury?
He injured his ankle, I think he's schedule to return to action this week end. We'll see if the ankle slows him down à la Lucic 2010. He's lighter so it might be less of a problem?!?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
  #49
Son of Donegal
Registered User
 
Son of Donegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Ryan Fitzgerald

Hey Kirk...

I grew up right down the street from the Fitzgerald family in Billerica and while Tom had already moved on to the pro's, I played a lot of street hockey with his brothers.

Anyways...regarding Ryan Fitzgerald of the Valley Jr. Warriors, I realize his profile has benefitted from his recent MVP performance at the All-American prospects game. I haven't seen him play yet, but I ahve a few EJHL games pencilled in!

How do you feel about Ryan? I have seen him on lists right on the cusp of the first round.

Does he have top-end offensive talent to make up for his size? If he falls in the draft, should the Bruins going after him in 2nd?

Would the Bruins be taking a huge risk selecting him in the late first round?

P.S. I have had a chance to watch Jim Vesey, Danny O'Regan and Matt Grzlyck recently and your reports of them from last year were spot on. They all look like good players.


Last edited by Son of Donegal: 11-07-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: additional thought
Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:22 PM
  #50
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Too early to say if Fitzgerald is a 1st or 2nd round guy for sure. Still a lot of hockey left.

I like him and have him closer to 40-50, but that's just one view.

He's gotten a little quicker, but he's not a dynamic skater considering his lack of size, and that hurts him. He is a tremendous set-up man and creative player.

So, if he can pile up the points like Vesey did, he's a cinch for top-50 and teams with influential scouts based in New England will likely push for him to be higher on their lists (and don't forget Pittsburgh), but who knows how it will turn out?

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.