HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Montreal-Chicago

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  #1
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Vancouver-Montreal-Chicago



Erik Cole
Sebastian Collberg
Montreal 2nd
Dalton Thrower
Ray Emery



Roberto Luongo
Patrick Kane
Eddie Lack



Carey Price
Mason Raymond

Why each team does it:

Vancouver gets a solid veteran winger who will likely have one or two good seasons left to help compete now, as well as getting some good futures(including a BC boy) to help bolster the team in the long run. Eddie Lack is a stud, but he's only two years younger than Schneider. Emery would make a nice backup until Cannata is ready for his chance, and in all likelihood we won't need a replacement for about 10 years, and we'll have plenty of opportunities to draft someone between now and then.

Montreal gets a FRENCH(sort of) goalie, and increases their depth in net(right now I believe they don't have much in net beyond Price). Eddie Lack is a top goaltending prospect, and could very likely take up Luongo's mantle in a couple of years when he retires(and the cap goes back to Vancouver, presumably). More importantly, they get an elite young winger to strengthen their forward group.

Chicago trades an offensively elite but defensively lacklustre winger for an elite goaltender, who would make all the difference to allow the defense to focus more on contributing on offense with the security of an elite goaltender in net to fall back on. They also get a decent winger who could help make up for some of the missing offense and who is also good defensively.

In summation, the way I see the value is:

Price = Kane
Raymond = Emery
Collberg = Lack
Luongo = Cole, 2nd, Thrower

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
  #2
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Is it ok to like this just for being different?

Nice job for trying to be creative

mstad101 is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
  #3
blueberry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
You.ve gotta be kidding!

blueberry is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
  #4
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 500
so the habs give up

Price
Cole
Thrower
Colberg
2nd

and they get

Roberto Luongo
Patrick Kane
Eddie Lack


No. Just no. Not even close.

IceDaddy is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:10 PM
  #5
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
so the habs give up

Price
Cole
Thrower
Colberg
2nd

and they get

Roberto Luongo
Patrick Kane
Eddie Lack


No. Just no. Not even close.
Care to elaborate?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
  #6
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Care to elaborate?

this makes zero sense for the habs.

It makes van better
It makes Chi better


It makes the habs much worse and costs them 2 prospects and a 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Price = Kane
Raymond = Emery
Collberg = Lack
Luongo = Cole, 2nd, Thrower
Incase you were wondering. This one made me laugh pretty hard

IceDaddy is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:16 PM
  #7
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
this makes zero sense for the habs.

It makes van better
It makes Chi better


It makes the habs much worse and costs them 2 prospects and a 2nd
You're replacing Cole with Kane and Price with Luongo and Lack as a future replacement.

How does that make you worse?
Quote:
Incase you were wondering. This one made me laugh pretty hard
34 year old 2nd line winger, a 2nd, and a recent 2nd round pick?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
  #8
Beer Me
Registered User
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: the slum
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Montreal won't be competing for the cup for another 5-10 years, so it makes no sense for them to trade for an experienced (aging) goalie (especially if it's a downgrade). Also, Vancouver would want a better piece then Cole if they do trade Luongo, especially if they are giving away Lack too. They want to see what they have in him. Chicago will never trade Kane, although, they might be tempted to for Price... this is how i see it.

Beer Me is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
  #9
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,291
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
Montreal won't be competing for the cup for another 5-10 years, so it makes no sense for them to trade for an experienced (aging) goalie (especially if it's a downgrade). Also, Vancouver would want a better piece then Cole if they do trade Luongo, especially if they are giving away Lack too. They want to see what they have in him. Chicago will never trade Kane, although, they might be tempted to for Price... this is how i see it.
I pretty much see it the same way as you. I think Chicago might trade Kane if the right deal came along though, but I'm not sure this is the trade that would go down for other reasons you mention.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
  #10
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
You're replacing Cole with Kane and Price with Luongo and Lack as a future replacement.

How does that make you worse?
Price >> Luongo
Kane > Cole

And they give up prospects and a second.

Montreal won't trade one of their top young players for an aging past-his-prime goalie especially considering that they are going into a rebuild. Montreal getting Schnieder makes more sense but not much more.

BigBenSF* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:24 PM
  #11
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Price >> Luongo
Kane > Cole

And they give up prospects and a second.

Montreal won't trade one of their top young players for an aging past-his-prime goalie especially considering that they are going into a rebuild. Montreal getting Schnieder makes more sense but not much more.


So the difference between Price and Luongo(if there even is one, apart from age) is twice as big as the one between Kane and Cole(who have an even bigger age gap)?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:24 PM
  #12
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Easy yes for Vancouver, Easy no for MTL and fair for Chicago.

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:25 PM
  #13
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Price is going no where. Automatic fail trade proposal

theboss* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:27 PM
  #14
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post


So the difference between Price and Luongo(if there even is one, apart from age) is twice as big as the one between Kane and Cole(who have an even bigger age gap)?
Well, on one side MTL would have at least been 2nd last with Luongo instead, and on the other, in the Cup finals vs Boston Vancouver would have won.

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:28 PM
  #15
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Horrible for Montreal. If we were to ever trade price it wouldn't be for a soft one way winger, especially with attitude issues. People say Kane's attitude issues are overblown but Montreal is the worst place for a player like that because first the media will encourage it and act like he is a god and then turn on him and chase him out of town as soon as he shows a slight dip in play.

Also Cole has more trade value than Luongo IMO. He is coming off a career year with 35G 61P and tons of hits (I forget how many and am too lazy to look it up). Luongo's year last year could just be an off year or it could be the start of him regressing. With that huge contract of his I wouldn't be willing to take that chance (especially with how fragile he is and the ferociousness of our media).

I have huge hopes for Collberg and wouldn't trade him for a goalie that is as old as Price but has never seen NHL action. Adding in the pick and Thrower into the equation is just more reason to say no.

Next time maybe consider some of Montreal's needs.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
  #16
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post


So the difference between Price and Luongo(if there even is one, apart from age) is twice as big as the one between Kane and Cole(who have an even bigger age gap)?
Luongo would get shredded by our media. There is zero chance he is coming here even if Carey gets hit by a bus tomorrow.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:36 PM
  #17
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Horrible for Montreal. If we were to ever trade price it wouldn't be for a soft one way winger, especially with attitude issues. People say Kane's attitude issues are overblown but Montreal is the worst place for a player like that because first the media will encourage it and act like he is a god and then turn on him and chase him out of town as soon as he shows a slight dip in play.
I'll let Blackhawks answer questions about his "attitude issues." I don't like the guy, but that's more because of his succes against us than anything tangible.

Quote:
Also Cole has more trade value than Luongo IMO. He is coming off a career year with 35G 61P and tons of hits (I forget how many and am too lazy to look it up). Luongo's year last year could just be an off year or it could be the start of him regressing. With that huge contract of his I wouldn't be willing to take that chance (especially with how fragile he is and the ferociousness of our media).
How did Luongo have a down year? This was one of his best years with us. He played excellently. And to say Cole has more value than Luongo seems beyond irrational to me. And do you really think Montreal is so much worse than Vancouver? Luongo is well past the "fragile" stage as you call it; take a look at his twitter feed if you don't believe me. He's become much more open and relaxed ever since last summer.
Quote:
I have huge hopes for Collberg and wouldn't trade him for a goalie that is as old as Price but has never seen NHL action. Adding in the pick and Thrower into the equation is just more reason to say no.
Lack is actually a year younger than Price, and has a much more successfull and established track record than Collberg in the pros.
The reason why he hasn't seen NHL action might have something to do with the two goalies ahead of him on the depth chart.


Last edited by Vankiller Whale: 11-04-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
  #18
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Price >> Luongo
This is such a pile of BS.

Luongo has been better than Price every year that they have been starters.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
  #19
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'll let Blackhawks answer questions about his "attitude issues." I don't like the guy, but that's more because of his succes against us.



How did Luongo have a down year? This was one of his best years with us. He played excellently. And to say Cole has more value than Luongo seems beyond irrational to me. And do you really think Montreal is so much worse than Vancouver?


Lack is actually a year younger than Price, and has a much more successfull and established track record in the pros.
The reason why he hasn't seen NHL action might have something to do with the two goalies ahead of him on the depth chart.
I was going to get into an argument with you then I read this line and I realized it is pointless. No, Lack is not more established than Price.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:41 PM
  #20
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I was going to get into an argument with you then I read this line and I realized it is pointless. No, Lack is not more established than Price.
Than Collberg. My bad, wasn't worded properly

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
  #21
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'll let Blackhawks answer questions about his "attitude issues." I don't like the guy, but that's more because of his succes against us than anything tangible.



How did Luongo have a down year? This was one of his best years with us. He played excellently. And to say Cole has more value than Luongo seems beyond irrational to me. And do you really think Montreal is so much worse than Vancouver? Luongo is well past the "fragile" stage as you call it; take a look at his twitter feed if you don't believe me. He's become much more open and relaxed ever since last summer.


Lack is actually a year younger than Price, and has a much more successfull and established track record in the pros.
The reason why he hasn't seen NHL action might have something to do with the two goalies ahead of him on the depth chart.
well for starters he lost his job on a stacked team. I wonder how he would look on the 3rd worst team in the league last year???

IceDaddy is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM
  #22
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
well for starters he lost his job on a stacked team. I wonder how he would look on the 3rd worst team in the league last year???
So I'm guessing you didn't watch him play then? Because he played great that series.(even if you want to discount the rest of the year)

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
  #23
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Than Collberg. My bad, wasn't worded properly
Why would you compare a winger to a goalie?

BigBenSF* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
  #24
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Why would you compare a winger to a goalie?
Becuase the poster I quoted did.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
  #25
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,345
vCash: 500
So the Nucks trade Luongo and get a 30+ goal scorer in Cole and the equivalent of 3 x 2nd round picks?

WTF is wrong with this picture?

FanHabtic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.