HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 08:25 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
In the 5 games I have seen at least 2 periods of, he has looked pretty damn good, he should have had more points but a few times teamates did not finish on easy chances, he has definitely looked the kind of playmaker who was the top assists per game in the junior leagues, and most PPG of draft eligible players 2 years ago, add to that his shot percentage is around 7, compared to his 11.2 last season, and I expect his goals to increase to match such a percentage as the year progresses.

You really notice him every time he is on the ice, and I mean really, the play works around him so often, and he has the puck maybe 35-40% of the time his line is out on the ice.

Also his faceoffs, I do not know the percentage, but it is seemingly above 50%, which considering he was 55% in the Q, but 47% last year (centres usually get about 7% better through first 4 years on average after entering NHL) is very promising.

Only disparaging point about him is he has been trying to hold onto the puck sometimes when easier options are available, but that has been the whole team tbh, and I don't blame him considering how much him and Schenn have carried the team.

Out of 57 points by the Phantoms player, the 'big two' have 21, 37% of all points scored.

Plus, out of 23 goals, I believe those two have been involved in 15 of them! Accounting for 65% of goals having those two involved... and on the ice in another 3-4 (that may be incorrect, I only briefly looked through the boxscores).

Therefore, of the 23 goals, about 18-19 have had one of those two on the ice.

Also:

Schenn: 11 points in 9
Couts: 10 points in 9

Compared to forwards in 'their league.' (ie first rounders or hyped young players)

Granlund: 12 in 8
Eberle: 11 in 9
RNH: 10 in 8
Hodgson: 10 in 9
Niederreiter: 8 in 7
Baertschi: 11 in 9
Johansen: 7 in 8
Henrique: 2 in 8
Kreider: 4 in 7
Girgensons: 4 in 10
Kadri: 3 in 8
Zibanejad: 3 in 9
Burmistrov: 6 in 10

As you can see, they are both doing very well comparatively, especially considering they are pretty much the Phantoms entire offence!
Couturier has really stepped up his game. I think they said that in the past 5 games, he's scored 9 of his 10 points. I think he's starting to pick up on Murray's system. If the season is cancelled, Couturier benefits greatly because he'll be playing 18 to 20 minutes a night, he'll get to play an offensive role, and he and Schenn will be the catalysts for carrying Adirondack on their backs.

As for the poor play of Bourdon that Appleyard had mentioned, people also need to remember that he was cleared to practice just before the lockout went into effect. I really hope it's just a matter that his game still isn't underneath his feet yet and that he's still working out some of the cob webs. I really hope he isn't trying to play through Post Concussion Syndrome or anything like that. As Appleyard has rightfully pointed out, Bourdon has been extremely disappointing, especially when you consider that he's supposed to be one of the guys who is expected to play a significant role for the Flyers in the future.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Couturier has really stepped up his game. I think they said that in the past 5 games, he's scored 9 of his 10 points. I think he's starting to pick up on Murray's system. If the season is cancelled, Couturier benefits greatly because he'll be playing 18 to 20 minutes a night, he'll get to play an offensive role, and he and Schenn will be the catalysts for carrying Adirondack on their backs.

As for the poor play of Bourdon that Appleyard had mentioned, people also need to remember that he was cleared to practice just before the lockout went into effect. I really hope it's just a matter that his game still isn't underneath his feet yet and that he's still working out some of the cob webs. I really hope he isn't trying to play through Post Concussion Syndrome or anything like that. As Appleyard has rightfully pointed out, Bourdon has been extremely disappointing, especially when you consider that he's supposed to be one of the guys who is expected to play a significant role for the Flyers in the future.
Personally, I think Bourdon should have gone to play overseas during the lockout.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
FlyersFan61290

Cousins has 8 goals and 27pts in 18 games so far. That puts him in a 3-way tie for the 2nd highest pt total in the league (28 pts currently leads the league).

Old
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Personally, I think Bourdon should have gone to play overseas during the lockout.
Remember that bourdon really stunk up the joint before he got his shot in the NHL too. He would never have seen the NHL had we not had such a horrific injury backlog.

Bourdon seems to play far more consitently in the NHL because he isn't given as much time to think. He seems better positionally too, using his size to control offensive players.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
What makes you think he even got any offers? Plus, did he have a choice seeing as how he could be assigned to the Phantoms?

Old
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What makes you think he even got any offers? Plus, did he have a choice seeing as how he could be assigned to the Phantoms?
like someone pointed out, he sucked in the AHL last year before we were forced to call him up where he was finally able to show he could be a serviceable defenseman in the NHL. I don't really think he needs more time in the AHL, but ya, I don't really know if he had a choice off where he was going to play this year. Sucks for him as I think a stint in the KHL would be better for him than in the AHL

Old
11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Has there been any recent news on where the Phantoms will end up (i.e. Allentown, Philly, wherever else it was rumored)? I haven't heard anything on this in a while and I was just curious if there was any movement on this or if they are just staying in ADK for the foreseeable future.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Has there been any recent news on where the Phantoms will end up (i.e. Allentown, Philly, wherever else it was rumored)? I haven't heard anything on this in a while and I was just curious if there was any movement on this or if they are just staying in ADK for the foreseeable future.
Confirmed in Allentown for 2014 season

Old
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Can't wait for the arena in Allentown. The arena will be like 20 mins. from me.

Iron Pigs (Phillies AAA team) and Phantoms (Flyers AHL team) in the area. Awesome.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Can't wait for the arena in Allentown. The arena will be like 20 mins. from me.

Iron Pigs (Phillies AAA team) and Phantoms (Flyers AHL team) in the area. Awesome.
any word on a more specific location for the phantoms? cause i want to see how far a drive it'll be.

edit: never mind i think it'll be on Hamilton and 7th St, zip:18102. thats like an hr plus from my house. I knew it would be a trek but i didn't expect 60 miles.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 11-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Cousins has 8 goals and 27pts in 18 games so far. That puts him in a 3-way tie for the 2nd highest pt total in the league (28 pts currently leads the league).
Nice having a prospect being a top JR scorer, been awhile

Old
11-04-2012, 05:37 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Gus has looked ok in my opinion, one of the few D men who has on a consistent basis, but he has still made some awful plays a few times. Of the 5 games I have seen, in the first few Syvret looked great going forward, but in the 2 before this one he looked pretty bad at times.

Manning has looked good at times but like he is trying to do too much at others.

Lauridsen has looked ok, he is enormous, but sometimes caught flat footed.

Eddy and Dimmen have looked pretty awful most of the time!

Bourdon has been extremely disappointing, just has not looked himself in the games I saw, getting beaten very easily at times.
Thanks, I appreciate the update. That is sad to hear about Bourdon, he doesn't seem to be anything special in terms of NHL talent, but I hope he can re-earn and hold down a number 5 or 6 spot for a decent career in the league.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
I'll agree that Couts has looked great from the 3 games i've watched. Defensively he's solid and offensively it seems like the play runs through him. Also he seems to really use his size and strength to his advantage along the boards

Schenn has looked really skillful with the puck too but it seems like he is sometimes trying to force a play that isn't there

Old
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Ryker

Does anyone know what's up with Vasiliev? In early October there was news he joined the Waterloo Black Hawks of the USHL, but they still don't have him listed on the roster. USHL's stats page is also acting up, so I can't look at the boxscores or individual stats to see whether it's just Waterloo that needs to update the roster.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair
I'll agree that Couts has looked great from the 3 games i've watched. Defensively he's solid and offensively it seems like the play runs through him. Also he seems to really use his size and strength to his advantage along the boards
Couturier just gets it. Honestly, his hockey skill and IQ is just off the chart. He gets it and now he knows he's just as good as anyone in the AHL right now. That confidence is going to carry over so well at the NHL because he knows that half the AHL will be playing in the NHL when the season starts (I really believe there'll be a season - I think they get something done within two weeks because the owners are going to accept the make whole offer) and Couturier knows he's just as good as those guys, maybe even better.

I have to give Terry Murray his due - he gets Couturier and he knows how to use him. Honestly, this reminds me of when Giroux played in the AHL. Sean just, I don't know, has that something extra to his game that you know he's going to be a REAL special player in the league. It's been pretty cool to see Murray hit the right buttons with Couturier. Maybe this is too high of praise, but Murray is getting through to Couturier the way he got through to Kopitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair
Schenn has looked really skillful with the puck too but it seems like he is sometimes trying to force a play that isn't there
I think Schenn has been fantastic as well. To me, Schenn reminds me of a cross between a couple of ex-Kitchener Rangers that I got to watch play - Mike Richards in terms of defense and.....Jeff Skinner offensively. I know, some might say it's a bit of a reach, but Schenn's really adjusting well to the wing and I think it won't be long before we see a future line of Schenn - Couturier - Giroux and then a second line of Simmonds - Laughton - Voracek and third line of Hartnell - Briere - Cousins.

Should be lots of fun to watch!!!

Old
11-05-2012, 04:04 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Does anyone know what's up with Vasiliev? In early October there was news he joined the Waterloo Black Hawks of the USHL, but they still don't have him listed on the roster. USHL's stats page is also acting up, so I can't look at the boxscores or individual stats to see whether it's just Waterloo that needs to update the roster.
Eliteprospects has him listed on Waterloo but he doesn't have any games played yet.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Eliteprospects has him listed on Waterloo but he doesn't have any games played yet.
He never left Spartak. He's still playing for them. Waterloo thought for a time that he might leave Russia to play for them but soon learned he wasn't coming.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...Games/45/47358

Old
11-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Sestito's stats are hilarious. Averaging just over a PPG while also averaging just under 10 minutes of penalty time per game.

edit : Does Laughton's suspension keep him from playing in the Subway series?

Last edited by Krishna: 11-05-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old
11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I think Sestito's stats are hilarious. Averaging just over a PPG while also averaging just under 10 minutes of penalty time per game.
His PIMs dropped by 20, because the EIHL rescinded the match penalty (and automatic three-game suspension) he received.

He now officially has 65 penalty minutes instead of 85. It just took the league's official site awhile to adjust his PIM totals.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/player.php?id=787

Old
11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
edit : Does Laughton's suspension keep him from playing in the Subway series?
nope

Old
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 750
An update regarding Nick Cousins:

http://www.saultstar.com/2012/11/05/...es-in-december

Quote:
A judicial pre-trial conference in a sexual assault case involving three players with the Soo Greyhounds has been scheduled for Dec. 20.

The three accused weren't present Monday when the date was confirmed in a Sault Ste. Marie courtroom.

Nick Cousins, Andrew Fritsch and Mark Petaccio are charged in connection with an alleged incident, involving a woman, which city police say occurred Aug. 25 at a central-area residence.

A pre-trial conference involves a judge, the Crown and defence lawyers, who meet to discuss the case.

The next court date for the trio is Jan. 14.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-05-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: What are words for?
Old
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
soooo pushed back again?

Old
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
soooo pushed back again?
I don't interpret it as being pushed back. Deciphering the legal definition, at least in this instance, it appears to be the next step in the proceedings:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ial+Conference

Quote:
A pretrial conference is a meeting of the parties to a case conducted prior to trial. The conference is held before the trial judge or a magistrate, a judicial officer who possesses fewer judicial powers than a judge. A pretrial conference may be held prior to trial in both civil and criminal cases. A pretrial conference may be requested by a party to a case, or it may be ordered by the court. Generally, the term pretrial conference is used interchangeably with the term pretrial hearing.

A pretrial conference may be conducted for several reasons: (1) expedite disposition of the case, (2) help the court establish managerial control over the case, (3) discourage wasteful pretrial activities, (4) improve the quality of the trial with thorough preparation, and (5) facilitate a settlement of the case.
----------------------------------------------------

http://www.captanlaw.com/faq.php

Quote:
Question: What is a Judicial pre-trial meeting (or conference) (“JPT”)?

Answer: For criminal cases which are estimated to take a day or more to be tried in the Ontario Court of Justice, most jurisdictions require that a Judicial pre-trial take place. In all criminal matters that have reached the Superior Court of Justice (which is one level of court higher than the Ontario Court of Justice), Judicial pre-trials are mandatory. These conferences are presided over by a Judge, and require counsel for the Crown and a defence lawyer to attend (unless the accused is unrepresented, in which case s/he may attend on their own). Similar issues as those canvassed at a Crown pre-trial are discussed at a Judicial pre-trial (see “FAQs > What is a Crown pre-trial”), except that a Judge provides input with respect to these issues, and may ultimately assist in bringing the matter to an end without the need for a trial.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Yeah, that was the reason I was asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
He never left Spartak. He's still playing for them. Waterloo thought for a time that he might leave Russia to play for them but soon learned he wasn't coming.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...Games/45/47358
Ah, OK, thanks. I wonder what happened with that going overseas thing then, and how the situation changed to keep him playing back home. I prefer it this way, but strange to see reports on him coming over and then nothing, nonetheless.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Broad Street Elite

Anyone that follows the Phantoms more regularly than I know what kind of TOI Couturier is playing? Curious to see what we can expect if the NHL plays this year or next.

Closed Thread