HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
  #101
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
Well lets hope it is not that long or They will be in serious trouble as his scoring threat and speed makes other teams line match.
Guess I will wait to hear what the true story is before writing off the season.
I know Lessio will be missed, but then again it will push the Team to play that much harder, if the NHL season were to begin in a few weeks a lot of OHL teams will lose their top players for at least 9 games. it`s inevitable one way or the other.Let`s hope Lessio is a quick healer. It is unfortunate and it sucks, especially with the Subway Series and more impotantly the World Junior Tournament coming up, I feel bad for Lessio

seen em all is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
  #102
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I know Lessio will be missed, but then again it will push the Team to play that much harder, if the NHL season were to begin in a few weeks a lot of OHL teams will lose their top players for at least 9 games. it`s inevitable one way or the other.Let`s hope Lessio is a quick healer. It is unfortunate and it sucks, especially with the Subway Series and more impotantly the World Junior Tournament coming up, I feel bad for Lessio
IMHO the most the underagers would miss with just be a couple games.
The NHL with have a very short training camp and the juniors will just get a quick look see (of course except for the real blue chippers)

Ward Cornell is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 11:50 AM
  #103
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
IMHO the most the underagers would miss with just be a couple games.
The NHL with have a very short training camp and the juniors will just get a quick look see (of course except for the real blue chippers)
Agreed, I think Boone Jenner is a blue chipper and could possibly stay. This just in The
Brooklyn Islanders.The Islanders are moving to Brooklyn.

seen em all is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:14 PM
  #104
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Probably going to change the name? No island in Brooklyn that I know of....LOL!

Crottenham is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
  #105
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Probably going to change the name? No island in Brooklyn that I know of....LOL!
Brooklyn is on NY island which Long Island is also a part of!

Ward Cornell is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
  #106
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Got it, my bad! Poor NY area geography on my part....thanks!

Crottenham is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 11:43 PM
  #107
mooseiamcdn
Registered User
 
mooseiamcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Whitby, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Generals survive needless penalties to shootout victory over Ottawa 67s:

www.ourhometowngennies.ca

mooseiamcdn is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:59 PM
  #108
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I know Lessio will be missed, but then again it will push the Team to play that much harder, if the NHL season were to begin in a few weeks a lot of OHL teams will lose their top players for at least 9 games. it`s inevitable one way or the other.Let`s hope Lessio is a quick healer. It is unfortunate and it sucks, especially with the Subway Series and more impotantly the World Junior Tournament coming up, I feel bad for Lessio
Lessio is gone for about 3 months had surgery today to repair severed tendons from a skate blade.
Laughton will get a suspension for a hit to the head (with Branch this could be anywhere from a couple to 8 games) He hates the Shwa so I would say 8
I hope this team can dig deep and not fold like last year after suspensions and injuries.

When will these guys learn to stop the needless penalties??

I like this coaching staff but leading the league in PIM's has got to stop. Rant done

Nerf27 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 09:33 AM
  #109
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
Lessio is gone for about 3 months had surgery today to repair severed tendons from a skate blade.
Laughton will get a suspension for a hit to the head (with Branch this could be anywhere from a couple to 8 games) He hates the Shwa so I would say 8
I hope this team can dig deep and not fold like last year after suspensions and injuries.

When will these guys learn to stop the needless penalties??

I like this coaching staff but leading the league in PIM's has got to stop. Rant done
I agree, way too many stupid penalties, but some nights , like against London, the freeking refs are out of control 11 minor penalties, when realistically there migth have been maybe 5 minors.Laughton will get 10 games minimum IMHO, as for Lessio I heard 6 weeks and the however long it takes to heal or rehab.Lessio is now in a cast for 6 weeks.It looks like Uvira and Urbanic are in the lineup this weekend.The Gens also called up from the Pembroke Lumber Kings Owen McDade on Wednesday night against Ottawa. (he`s been signed) I also love the coaching of DJ Smith and Paul McFarland, I always thought that Depiero was a Jr B coach.

seen em all is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 09:37 AM
  #110
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I agree, way too many stupid penalties, but some nights , like against London, the freeking refs are out of control 11 minor penalties, when realistically there migth have been maybe 5 minors.Laughton will get 10 games minimum IMHO, as for Lessio I heard 6 weeks and the however long it takes to heal or rehab.Lessio is now in a cast for 6 weeks.It looks like Uvira and Urbanic are in the lineup this weekend.The Gens also called up from the Pembroke Lumber Kings Owen McDade on Wednesday night against Ottawa. (he`s been signed) I also love the coaching of DJ Smith and Paul McFarland, I always thought that Depiero was a Jr B coach.
I never liked Depiero. I didn't like the fact that he was the GM and the coach. To me its one or the other. He never really seemed to get the players pumped up. The team always came out flat. Rookies barely see the ice there first time in the league but a season or two ago Laughton was Oshawas first pick and he barely got two shifts a game with Depiero behind the bench. Now look at Laughton. I thought Oshawa was a bit soft last year as well. So far they seem to be more psychical which in my opinion is good. As long as they don't start taking stupid penalties they should be ok. Oh, and I don't like the fact that they gave up Clark for Smith. Hunter Smith is 6'5 but he can't skate. Anyways, the new coaches seem to be doing ok. Its still early though so I'll keep my fingers crossed.


Last edited by tourlord*: 10-26-2012 at 10:07 AM.
tourlord* is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
  #111
Nerf27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I never liked Depiero. He never really seemed to get the players going and barely played his younger players. Laughton barely got a shift. I'm very impressed with the change.
I sit up behind the bench and I love seeing this coaching staff talk to the players and each other the whole game instead of Dipiero and Sellwood with their stupid pieces of paper.

I don't think DJ even has paper in his hand....I will have to check that tonight.


Last edited by Nerf27: 10-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Nerf27 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:13 AM
  #112
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post

I don't thing DJ even has paper in his hand....I will have to check that tonight.
Should be an alright game. Enjoy it

tourlord* is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 11:23 AM
  #113
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Should be an alright game. Enjoy it
DJ Smith is a passionate coach, praises players when they do good, and blasts them when they screw up. passion, intensity, knowledge of the game,equals a winning attitude.He and Paul McFarland can relate to the young players. Depiero never even spoke to the players, it seemed like he accepted losing, he would roll his top 6 until they were gassed and then the Gennies would end up losing a lot of games in the 3rd period. DJ`s intensity and passion is rubbing off on the players. Good job, keep it up.

seen em all is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
  #114
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
The OHL has suspended Scott Laughton 10 games for head check on an opposing player-check the ohl website for video and rationale

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
  #115
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The OHL has suspended Scott Laughton 10 games for head check on an opposing player-check the ohl website for video and rationale
Player was already bending over to release the puck and that should've been the point Laughton should've picked up on but chose to continue following through with the hit. Did it look like he was outright targeting the head, no! But just like high-sticking your responsible for yourself. I always say if you're really in doubt there pass on that ONE hit and it'll save you grief. Always preached the same with hitting players in potential vulnerable situations like if a player is even partially turned since those will occasionally turn into boarding or hitting from behinds. Missing a few hits won't kill anyone IMO.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:53 AM
  #116
mooseiamcdn
Registered User
 
mooseiamcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Whitby, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Saginaw's Paterson stands on head to lead Spirit over Generals:

www.ourhometowngennies.ca

Uvira and Urbanic returned from the infirmary tonight. Uvira had a strong game and looked like his old self from 2011-12 season.

Carlisle showed alot tonight--some beautiful heavy body checks to Spirit players.

mooseiamcdn is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
  #117
pinkfloyd44
Registered User
 
pinkfloyd44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
From an extremely realiable source 12 WEEKS.
I also heard from a Reliable source minmum 3 months. Also for the guy saying 12 days, i thought it was reported that he was getting surgery the other day?

pinkfloyd44 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
  #118
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-wj-kp-9U

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
  #119
mooseiamcdn
Registered User
 
mooseiamcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Whitby, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Read my latest post-game article from Sundat:

"Biggest rivalry in OHL nothing but a yawn as Petes edge Generals 3 2 in shootout win" at
www.ourhometowngennies.ca
www.ourhometown.ca

mooseiamcdn is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 09:28 AM
  #120
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Gens vs. Petes

I think the Gens need a a couple of road games, tonight in Peterborough and Friday in Guelph on Nationally televised game on Sportsnet.They have lost there last 3 home games and won in Ottawa.They sure are missing Lessio and Laughton and there scoring punch, I know that other players have to step it up but realistically it is not that easy to replace top end players.Biggs has to step it up, I know it`s a lot of pressure on 16 year old Dal Colle.I can see DJ tinkering with the lines this week to try and get some much needed scoring. Go Gens Go

seen em all is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
  #121
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Looking forward to watching what Oshawa can do without Lessio and Laughton. They're in tough against Guelph in Guelph so it should be good. Looking for Biggs and Uvira to step up.

tourlord* is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:20 AM
  #122
tourlord*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Epic Lulz Society
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
5-0 over Peterborough. jenner had a big game notching two goals and two assists. Dal Colle scored on the PP and picked up an assist as well. Good to see other players stepping up. Even without two of our better players we still manage to beat the Petes in Peterborough. But the Petes look bad. They look like they're in rebuild mode.

tourlord* is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 12:21 PM
  #123
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
5-0 over Peterborough. jenner had a big game notching two goals and two assists. Dal Colle scored on the PP and picked up an assist as well. Good to see other players stepping up. Even without two of our better players we still manage to beat the Petes in Peterborough. But the Petes look bad. They look like they're in rebuild mode.
I think the Petes fired the wrong guy, I believe that the whole Coaching staff should be fired,it seems like players are not buying what the staff are selling.The Petes looked really bad.

seen em all is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
  #124
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Biggs and Dal Colle got 4 points today. Great game by the rookie. Dal Colle is surprising me to be honest.. He is showing one of the best hockey IQ's out of the 96 born guys for sure. 4 points is the highest single point total by the rooks so far.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
  #125
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Biggs and Dal Colle got 4 points today. Great game by the rookie. Dal Colle is surprising me to be honest.. He is showing one of the best hockey IQ's out of the 96 born guys for sure. 4 points is the highest single point total by the rooks so far.
I know for sure coach Smith loves him as a player,as Generals with the change in coaching and management have improved considerably
A couple of pieces to the puzzle,meaning bottom 6 forwards and a dman,then watch out
Nice story from the eastern conference

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.