*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
seen em all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
Well lets hope it is not that long or They will be in serious trouble as his scoring threat and speed makes other teams line match.
Guess I will wait to hear what the true story is before writing off the season.
I know Lessio will be missed, but then again it will push the Team to play that much harder, if the NHL season were to begin in a few weeks a lot of OHL teams will lose their top players for at least 9 games. it`s inevitable one way or the other.Let`s hope Lessio is a quick healer. It is unfortunate and it sucks, especially with the Subway Series and more impotantly the World Junior Tournament coming up, I feel bad for Lessio

Old
10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I know Lessio will be missed, but then again it will push the Team to play that much harder, if the NHL season were to begin in a few weeks a lot of OHL teams will lose their top players for at least 9 games. it`s inevitable one way or the other.Let`s hope Lessio is a quick healer. It is unfortunate and it sucks, especially with the Subway Series and more impotantly the World Junior Tournament coming up, I feel bad for Lessio
IMHO the most the underagers would miss with just be a couple games.
The NHL with have a very short training camp and the juniors will just get a quick look see (of course except for the real blue chippers)

Old
10-24-2012, 11:50 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
IMHO the most the underagers would miss with just be a couple games.
The NHL with have a very short training camp and the juniors will just get a quick look see (of course except for the real blue chippers)
Agreed, I think Boone Jenner is a blue chipper and could possibly stay. This just in The
Brooklyn Islanders.The Islanders are moving to Brooklyn.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Crottenham

Probably going to change the name? No island in Brooklyn that I know of....LOL!

Old
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Probably going to change the name? No island in Brooklyn that I know of....LOL!
Brooklyn is on NY island which Long Island is also a part of!

Old
10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Crottenham

Got it, my bad! Poor NY area geography on my part....thanks!

Old
10-24-2012, 11:43 PM
mooseiamcdn

Generals survive needless penalties to shootout victory over Ottawa 67s:

www.ourhometowngennies.ca

Old
10-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Nerf27

Quote:
Lessio is gone for about 3 months had surgery today to repair severed tendons from a skate blade.
Laughton will get a suspension for a hit to the head (with Branch this could be anywhere from a couple to 8 games) He hates the Shwa so I would say 8
I hope this team can dig deep and not fold like last year after suspensions and injuries.

When will these guys learn to stop the needless penalties??

I like this coaching staff but leading the league in PIM's has got to stop. Rant done

Old
10-26-2012, 09:33 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Lessio is gone for about 3 months had surgery today to repair severed tendons from a skate blade.
Laughton will get a suspension for a hit to the head (with Branch this could be anywhere from a couple to 8 games) He hates the Shwa so I would say 8
I hope this team can dig deep and not fold like last year after suspensions and injuries.

When will these guys learn to stop the needless penalties??

I like this coaching staff but leading the league in PIM's has got to stop. Rant done
I agree, way too many stupid penalties, but some nights , like against London, the freeking refs are out of control 11 minor penalties, when realistically there migth have been maybe 5 minors.Laughton will get 10 games minimum IMHO, as for Lessio I heard 6 weeks and the however long it takes to heal or rehab.Lessio is now in a cast for 6 weeks.It looks like Uvira and Urbanic are in the lineup this weekend.The Gens also called up from the Pembroke Lumber Kings Owen McDade on Wednesday night against Ottawa. (he`s been signed) I also love the coaching of DJ Smith and Paul McFarland, I always thought that Depiero was a Jr B coach.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:37 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
I agree, way too many stupid penalties, but some nights , like against London, the freeking refs are out of control 11 minor penalties, when realistically there migth have been maybe 5 minors.Laughton will get 10 games minimum IMHO, as for Lessio I heard 6 weeks and the however long it takes to heal or rehab.Lessio is now in a cast for 6 weeks.It looks like Uvira and Urbanic are in the lineup this weekend.The Gens also called up from the Pembroke Lumber Kings Owen McDade on Wednesday night against Ottawa. (he`s been signed) I also love the coaching of DJ Smith and Paul McFarland, I always thought that Depiero was a Jr B coach.
I never liked Depiero. I didn't like the fact that he was the GM and the coach. To me its one or the other. He never really seemed to get the players pumped up. The team always came out flat. Rookies barely see the ice there first time in the league but a season or two ago Laughton was Oshawas first pick and he barely got two shifts a game with Depiero behind the bench. Now look at Laughton. I thought Oshawa was a bit soft last year as well. So far they seem to be more psychical which in my opinion is good. As long as they don't start taking stupid penalties they should be ok. Oh, and I don't like the fact that they gave up Clark for Smith. Hunter Smith is 6'5 but he can't skate. Anyways, the new coaches seem to be doing ok. Its still early though so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited by tourlord*: 10-26-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Nerf27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I never liked Depiero. He never really seemed to get the players going and barely played his younger players. Laughton barely got a shift. I'm very impressed with the change.
I sit up behind the bench and I love seeing this coaching staff talk to the players and each other the whole game instead of Dipiero and Sellwood with their stupid pieces of paper.

I don't think DJ even has paper in his hand....I will have to check that tonight.

Last edited by Nerf27: 10-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:13 AM
tourlord*

Quote:

I don't thing DJ even has paper in his hand....I will have to check that tonight.
Should be an alright game. Enjoy it

Old
10-26-2012, 11:23 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Should be an alright game. Enjoy it
DJ Smith is a passionate coach, praises players when they do good, and blasts them when they screw up. passion, intensity, knowledge of the game,equals a winning attitude.He and Paul McFarland can relate to the young players. Depiero never even spoke to the players, it seemed like he accepted losing, he would roll his top 6 until they were gassed and then the Gennies would end up losing a lot of games in the 3rd period. DJ`s intensity and passion is rubbing off on the players. Good job, keep it up.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
hockeylegend11

The OHL has suspended Scott Laughton 10 games for head check on an opposing player-check the ohl website for video and rationale

Old
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The OHL has suspended Scott Laughton 10 games for head check on an opposing player-check the ohl website for video and rationale
Player was already bending over to release the puck and that should've been the point Laughton should've picked up on but chose to continue following through with the hit. Did it look like he was outright targeting the head, no! But just like high-sticking your responsible for yourself. I always say if you're really in doubt there pass on that ONE hit and it'll save you grief. Always preached the same with hitting players in potential vulnerable situations like if a player is even partially turned since those will occasionally turn into boarding or hitting from behinds. Missing a few hits won't kill anyone IMO.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:53 AM
mooseiamcdn

Saginaw's Paterson stands on head to lead Spirit over Generals:

Uvira and Urbanic returned from the infirmary tonight. Uvira had a strong game and looked like his old self from 2011-12 season.

Carlisle showed alot tonight--some beautiful heavy body checks to Spirit players.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
pinkfloyd44

Quote:
From an extremely realiable source 12 WEEKS.
I also heard from a Reliable source minmum 3 months. Also for the guy saying 12 days, i thought it was reported that he was getting surgery the other day?

Old
10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
NHL Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-wj-kp-9U

Old
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
mooseiamcdn

Read my latest post-game article from Sundat:

"Biggest rivalry in OHL nothing but a yawn as Petes edge Generals 3 2 in shootout win" at
www.ourhometown.ca

Old
10-31-2012, 09:28 AM
seen em all

Gens vs. Petes

I think the Gens need a a couple of road games, tonight in Peterborough and Friday in Guelph on Nationally televised game on Sportsnet.They have lost there last 3 home games and won in Ottawa.They sure are missing Lessio and Laughton and there scoring punch, I know that other players have to step it up but realistically it is not that easy to replace top end players.Biggs has to step it up, I know it`s a lot of pressure on 16 year old Dal Colle.I can see DJ tinkering with the lines this week to try and get some much needed scoring. Go Gens Go

Old
11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
tourlord*

Looking forward to watching what Oshawa can do without Lessio and Laughton. They're in tough against Guelph in Guelph so it should be good. Looking for Biggs and Uvira to step up.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:20 AM
tourlord*

5-0 over Peterborough. jenner had a big game notching two goals and two assists. Dal Colle scored on the PP and picked up an assist as well. Good to see other players stepping up. Even without two of our better players we still manage to beat the Petes in Peterborough. But the Petes look bad. They look like they're in rebuild mode.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:21 PM
seen em all

Quote:
5-0 over Peterborough. jenner had a big game notching two goals and two assists. Dal Colle scored on the PP and picked up an assist as well. Good to see other players stepping up. Even without two of our better players we still manage to beat the Petes in Peterborough. But the Petes look bad. They look like they're in rebuild mode.
I think the Petes fired the wrong guy, I believe that the whole Coaching staff should be fired,it seems like players are not buying what the staff are selling.The Petes looked really bad.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
mapleleaf979

Biggs and Dal Colle got 4 points today. Great game by the rookie. Dal Colle is surprising me to be honest.. He is showing one of the best hockey IQ's out of the 96 born guys for sure. 4 points is the highest single point total by the rooks so far.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Biggs and Dal Colle got 4 points today. Great game by the rookie. Dal Colle is surprising me to be honest.. He is showing one of the best hockey IQ's out of the 96 born guys for sure. 4 points is the highest single point total by the rooks so far.
I know for sure coach Smith loves him as a player,as Generals with the change in coaching and management have improved considerably
A couple of pieces to the puzzle,meaning bottom 6 forwards and a dman,then watch out
Nice story from the eastern conference

Closed Thread