HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
opel898

vCash: 500
My club is looking for active eashl players. preferably superstar or higher and only players looking to play 4s 5s or 6s. PM me if your interested and we can sort out a try out.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
seemsayin

I will join for $20 psn card. I am legend and I don't pass.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Creating young players like McDavid, Drouin, Jones, etc due to EA's laziness is a pain in the ***.

You have to make them 18+, move them to an AHL team in order to list them as "Free agents", then move them back to their junior team and fix their age once again. Otherwise, even undrafted players will be listed as Anaheim's property.

I spent over 20 hours trying to update CHL rosters, create 16 year olds, move other players from team to team, only to find out all those players are listed as Anaheim property. So I would have to do the above procedure to fix things. Screw that. I'm not playing another NHL 13 game until a real roster update.

TBH, I'm thinking about trading my game in.
Change their NHL affiliation to "none" before you do anything. Then put their age in. That will take care of it. If you don't, any underage player will be locked into Anaheim.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Spitsfan67*

I H8 so much when you get p***ies that just swing for the fences in fights, abit of advice don't fight it's really annoying and very unrealistic.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Orange Thunder

i cant believe i wasted 80$ on this game.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Spitsfan67*

Yea this games a P.O.S. just out shot opponent 36-6 on eashl and we lost one nothing.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:25 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
i cant believe i wasted 80$ on this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea this games a P.O.S. just out shot opponent 36-6 on eashl and we lost one nothing.
You guys just don't know how hockey works.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:19 AM
TedenbysFrontTeeth
INFP

Anyone else experiencing a return of the constant choppiness in eashl? Also rubber banding a lot lately but not disconnecting.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:50 AM
seemsayin

Yeah happened the last few games I've played.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:28 AM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
More noob questions...

I've won one faceoff in two games, literally. Using classic controls.

Teach me.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:38 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
More noob questions...

I've won one faceoff in two games, literally. Using classic controls.

Teach me.
I have a decent amount of success (60%+ on high difficulty) with the following technique:

1) Pull the joystick directly to the left or right before the draw. Try to mix it up, the computer seems to give you credit for variety.

2) When the ref's arm starts to move, rotate the stick into the "down" position. That is, move it like the hand of a clock, rather than just going directly from point A to point B.

3) When you complete the motion, keep the stick held "down" until the faceoff is decided. A little tap in the right direction doesn't get it done.

The key seems to be a definitive, smooth motion at the instant the ref's arm starts to move. You won't win them all, but you'll do decently well. Unless you have an extremely low faceoff rating, in which case all you can do is try to tie up your opponent by pushing forward on the other stick and hope your teammates help you out.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:25 AM
seemsayin

stupid computer always has to dump it

Old
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
18Hossa

Ok, so they updated the European rosters for their lockout rosters but they didn't update the ahl -_-

Old
11-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Mountain

Few games away from my Superstar 1. This game is so bad online when your player has stone hands and moves like a car full of bricks.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I have a decent amount of success (60%+ on high difficulty) with the following technique:

1) Pull the joystick directly to the left or right before the draw. Try to mix it up, the computer seems to give you credit for variety.

2) When the ref's arm starts to move, rotate the stick into the "down" position. That is, move it like the hand of a clock, rather than just going directly from point A to point B.

3) When you complete the motion, keep the stick held "down" until the faceoff is decided. A little tap in the right direction doesn't get it done.

The key seems to be a definitive, smooth motion at the instant the ref's arm starts to move. You won't win them all, but you'll do decently well. Unless you have an extremely low faceoff rating, in which case all you can do is try to tie up your opponent by pushing forward on the other stick and hope your teammates help you out.
This was a great tip. I was pretty good on faceoffs already but for reason reason been really sucking lately. I was prob avg 40% lately on faceoffs. I was strictly a 'pull straight back' kind of huy. But with the 'clockwise/counter-clockwise' motion on faceoffs I was just 16-2 in round 2 of the offline 'euro invitational'.

I think in general, the 'clockwise/counter-clockwise' stick move applies to many different things - shooting, changing direction while skating...

Old
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
I'm good at this game.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Krishna

Is it just my roster save (I don't think it is since I can play online without having to update it) or did they still not add Grossmann or Schenn to the flyers?

Old
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Is it just my roster save (I don't think it is since I can play online without having to update it) or did they still not add Grossmann or Schenn to the flyers?
They should be there, they are for me. Strange that it doesn't ask you to update your rosters... try doing it manually.

Nice signature by the way.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
BraveCanadian

This game is horrible.

I've played it since Sega Genesis and it is just awful.

I actually skipped several years in the early 2000s because I was sick of the cheating crap the game does and it is still there.

It looks good but that is pretty much it.

My play by play name is in the list of their names but not in the game. WTF.. does it cost a lot to have the announcer say a bunch of names!?!? And if it isn't in the game don't put it in the list!

My teammates are beaten to practically every loose puck even when they have a headstart. While cycling a teammate and I will often double team a defender on the boards and even when we do, 9/10 the opposition will end up with the puck one way or another.

Both myself and my teammates are knocked flying by opposing players who are headed the other direction or not even moving..

I outshoot my opponent by a large margin every game and I am around .500 right now with my team because of the complete crap goals the CPU scores against me, or alternatively the few times a game one of the CPU players turns into Pinball Clemons and bounces off two or three checks and puts on a huge deke to beat our goalie.

I can chip a puck or block a shot past a defender at our blueline and he can turn and accelerate to catch up to me in about a stride in a half (and of course knock me flying or take the puck away with extreme ease).

CPU players block by passes with instant stick moves to their weak (non-shooting) side behind their backs with ease.. ridiculous.

I could go on and on..and I am only playing on Pro... its a joke.

Does anyone have a recommended set of sliders to set this gameplay to something even remotely close to a hockey game?

Old
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
18Hossa

I love going online and choosing Jokerit and beating people with them. I just played a guy and he i won 4-1 and he had 4 shots on goal

Old
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Been having fun playing this game, specifacally EASHL and GM connected.

BTW I am commish of my own league and we are looking for about 10 guys to fill it up. Anyone interested? PM me if you are.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Krishna

It seems that with the 10-24 update, it reverts back to the launch roster for some reason..

10-23 roster is up to date

edit : also for some reason grossmann is not on the flyers nhl roster.. same with schenn. .wierd

Old
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It seems that with the 10-24 update, it reverts back to the launch roster for some reason..

10-23 roster is up to date

edit : also for some reason grossmann is not on the flyers nhl roster.. same with schenn. .wierd
That's strange. They're there for me and I have the 10-24 roster update.

Actually, it might be because I'm on Xbox and you're not. Are you on PS3?

Old
11-05-2012, 12:47 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I cannot stand the shortside goal.

Also any pull-back shot from the slot seems to be a sure goal now.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
Does anyone have a recommended set of sliders to set this gameplay to something even remotely close to a hockey game?
I've been using these ones... Few tweaks for my preferences (CPU pass intercept 0, HUM poke check FULL, and I don't use manual passing) but they're about as good as you're going to get this game to play.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-nhl13.html

Anyone else find it much better to back-check with a forward rather than try to control a defenceman? I've found the CPU is scoring a lot less cheesy goals if I bring a forward back and try to disrupt the play rather than fumble around with a defenceman. Skating just doesn't work well enough on defence.

Closed Thread