HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 03:50 PM
  #326
dabobcan
Registered User
 
dabobcan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
My gut tells me we are going to get destroyed next Thursday by Miami.

dabobcan is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
  #327
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Another week, another game on Gailey and Wanny.

Run and blitz. Why can everyone outside of the Bills FO see that except for these two morons?

Fitz played pretty well.
It's way too obvious of a plan to work. You obviously have to outthink both the other team and yourself to have success in the NFL

kirby11 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
  #328
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Just curious, what is the Bills record since Fitz signed that contract extension?
2-8 Last year
3-5 this year

5-13

dma0034 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
  #329
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,429
vCash: 500
At least their were some positives from the game today. The defense actually looked NFL caliber. Fitz played reasonably well for the 2nd week in a row.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 08:04 PM
  #330
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabobcan View Post
My gut tells me we are going to get destroyed next Thursday by Miami.
not next week .....

next week is New England, then Miami on Thursday

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
  #331
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT
 
Fire Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old Dominion State
Country: United States
Posts: 5,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
not next week .....

next week is New England, then Miami on Thursday
hence, next Thursday.

(unless you consider Monday the start of the week, in which case I guess you would be right)

Fire Me is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
  #332
thecatch22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
They played well this week, about as well as they could. Defense maintained holes and really played well against a very efficient and deadly Texan team.

Had they done the same against the Titans they'd be 4-4 and still in the thick of things heading into NE.

Getting a blue Spiller jersey soon, can't say enough about how good the running backs are. It's a shame they don't play with a real QB for some big time play action passes.

thecatch22 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
  #333
thecatch22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Oh and how the hell does the defensive coordinator Wannstedt have a job? Something like just 10% percent of the play calls are blitzes? For Gods sake the front four are not getting home and the secondary is getting shredded trying to hold coverage.

thecatch22 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
  #334
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Oh, come on CBS. You switch to the interesting Colts vs. Miami game for about 30 seconds and then go to Denver and Cincy. I already get that game on another channel.
So watch your own country's channel?

enrothorne is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
  #335
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch22 View Post
They played well this week, about as well as they could. Defense maintained holes and really played well against a very efficient and deadly Texan team.

Had they done the same against the Titans they'd be 4-4 and still in the thick of things heading into NE.

Getting a blue Spiller jersey soon, can't say enough about how good the running backs are. It's a shame they don't play with a real QB for some big time play action passes.
More like, it's a shame our coach is an idiot and called a grand total of 4 running plays in the entire second half.

kirby11 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 05:45 AM
  #336
thecatch22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
More like, it's a shame our coach is an idiot and called a grand total of 4 running plays in the entire second half.
Yeah Jackson and Spiller getting 12 carrier combined in what was a close game for a long time is inexcusable.

thecatch22 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
  #337
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Chan does....how do I say this nicely....JUST SUCKS!

Lets NOT run the ball all 2nd half in a close game, yet it's the teams strength

Lets NOT try and really get TJ Graham involved

Lets NOT do some Texans like Play Action(I think they called PA once and it worked!)

Lets NOT go for it on 4th and short multiple times.

If you ever need a Monday morning pick me up listen to WGR @ 7AM. Chan Gailey is a riot to listen to, but not because he's funny....

I MISS DICK JAURON!

As for the game as a whole, they actually didn't play bad. They lost it in the RedZone. 3 TD's vs 3 FG's

The D still ooked very soft at times but they did hold Houston in check for the most part...CHAN LOST IT!!!!!

#CHANMUSTGO

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
  #338
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Chan does....how do I say this nicely....JUST SUCKS!

Lets NOT run the ball all 2nd half in a close game, yet it's the teams strength

Lets NOT try and really get TJ Graham involved

Lets NOT do some Texans like Play Action(I think they called PA once and it worked!)

Lets NOT go for it on 4th and short multiple times.

If you ever need a Monday morning pick me up listen to WGR @ 7AM. Chan Gailey is a riot to listen to, but not because he's funny....

I MISS DICK JAURON!

As for the game as a whole, they actually didn't play bad. They lost it in the RedZone. 3 TD's vs 3 FG's

The D still ooked very soft at times but they did hold Houston in check for the most part...CHAN LOST IT!!!!!

#CHANMUSTGO
We've clearly degenerated into madness with this comment.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
  #339
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch22 View Post
Oh and how the hell does the defensive coordinator Wannstedt have a job? Something like just 10% percent of the play calls are blitzes? For Gods sake the front four are not getting home and the secondary is getting shredded trying to hold coverage.
Have you seen this team blitz? They almost never get any pressure and instead give up big plays. They blitzed on a couple play actions and Schaub hit Daniels for 20-30 yard gains.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
  #340
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
We've clearly degenerated into madness with this comment.
Before this season, you're probably right. But Chan the "offensive genius" is a terrible playcaller. Fitz threw no picks yesterday, he fumbled when they game was basically already over on a blindside hit.

To totally ignore the teams strength in a close ball game was ridiculous.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
  #341
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
I wish old man Ralphie was as progressive as old man Bud Adams:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ce=twitterfeed

Instead I would put solid money on everything remaining intact for next year no matter how bad the teams record is. Ralph loves mediocrity. In the last decade he's never done anything like this.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
  #342
Pondslider
Registered User
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Ralph used to care. He used to fire people and make decisions. He's probably never been very good at it, but it's not like Bud Adams is some paragon of winning and responsibility. The Oilers/Titans have been even more futile than the Bills in their existence. At this point whether for health or whatever I think Ralph just can't be that involved anymore. Ever since he hired Donahoe to be President/GM and it fell apart he's just seemed tired of it all. That was really the last time the Bills attempted to be relevant.

Pondslider is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:50 PM
  #343
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Before this season, you're probably right. But Chan the "offensive genius" is a terrible playcaller. Fitz threw no picks yesterday, he fumbled when they game was basically already over on a blindside hit.

To totally ignore the teams strength in a close ball game was ridiculous.
Listen, this team ain't great, but Dicky J is one of the worst head coaches of our generation.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
  #344
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The fact Nix said that Gailey's job is safe the other day still completely and utterly irks me in every way, shape, and form. A now 3-5 team that won't finish about 0.500 with clearly questionable coaching and the GM publicly tells the media the head coach is safe? Mid-season? A coach, mind you, that has won, what, three division games in two and a half years? It baffles me how a GM can say that during a season of high expectations for the defense especially and the team hasn't even come close to par for what should have been. Unbelievably dumb decision to even think keeping Gailey is the right choice even if we finish this season 8-8. This should have been the season that makes us again clean house and start rebuilding.

Instead, we get to watch the same crap with the same head coach making the calls and the same defensive coordinator every week for the rest of the year and it looks like for next season as well. With names like Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, and Jason Garrett being on the hot seat, you'd think Gailey should be right there with them.

Rivet52 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
  #345
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The fact Nix said that Gailey's job is safe the other day still completely and utterly irks me in every way, shape, and form. A now 3-5 team that won't finish about 0.500 with clearly questionable coaching and the GM publicly tells the media the head coach is safe? Mid-season? A coach, mind you, that has won, what, three division games in two and a half years? It baffles me how a GM can say that during a season of high expectations for the defense especially and the team hasn't even come close to par for what should have been. Unbelievably dumb decision to even think keeping Gailey is the right choice even if we finish this season 8-8. This should have been the season that makes us again clean house and start rebuilding.

Instead, we get to watch the same crap with the same head coach making the calls and the same defensive coordinator every week for the rest of the year and it looks like for next season as well. With names like Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, and Jason Garrett being on the hot seat, you'd think Gailey should be right there with them.
Nix's job isn't safe, so who care what his opinion on Gailey's job is.

Myllz is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
  #346
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Listen, this team ain't great, but Dicky J is one of the worst head coaches of our generation.
Chan Gailey is 13-27 as our head coach for a winning pct of .325
Dick Jauron was 24-33 with a winning pct of .421

I think an argument could certainly be made that Jauron's the better coach, although that isn't saying much...

is the answer jesus is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
  #347
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Chan Gailey is 13-27 as our head coach for a winning pct of .325
Dick Jauron was 24-33 with a winning pct of .421

I think an argument could certainly be made that Jauron's the better coach, although that isn't saying much...
Winning percentage is one thing, how they call a game is something else.

I find myself questioning Chan WAY less than Dick "Punt from the 35" Jauron.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:32 PM
  #348
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Winning percentage is one thing, how they call a game is something else.

I find myself questioning Chan WAY less than Dick "Punt from the 35" Jauron.
Dick played to be in the game, boring yes I concur. but with Gailey it's get destroyed or be in a wild one. They rarely win big. Mind you Jauron had almost no talent for his offenses.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
  #349
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The fact Nix said that Gailey's job is safe the other day still completely and utterly irks me in every way, shape, and form. A now 3-5 team that won't finish about 0.500 with clearly questionable coaching and the GM publicly tells the media the head coach is safe? Mid-season? A coach, mind you, that has won, what, three division games in two and a half years? It baffles me how a GM can say that during a season of high expectations for the defense especially and the team hasn't even come close to par for what should have been. Unbelievably dumb decision to even think keeping Gailey is the right choice even if we finish this season 8-8. This should have been the season that makes us again clean house and start rebuilding.

Instead, we get to watch the same crap with the same head coach making the calls and the same defensive coordinator every week for the rest of the year and it looks like for next season as well. With names like Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, and Jason Garrett being on the hot seat, you'd think Gailey should be right there with them.
Rex Ryan should be on the hottest seat already

In a dream world nobody's job from Chan to Ralph should be safe(yes that means you Buddy and Russ Brandon)

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
  #350
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Ralph used to care. He used to fire people and make decisions. He's probably never been very good at it, but it's not like Bud Adams is some paragon of winning and responsibility. The Oilers/Titans have been even more futile than the Bills in their existence. At this point whether for health or whatever I think Ralph just can't be that involved anymore. Ever since he hired Donahoe to be President/GM and it fell apart he's just seemed tired of it all. That was really the last time the Bills attempted to be relevant.
Just something would be nice. Instead it's almost like this is okay. Everything with Ralph bugs me. Won't sell the team, etc.

There is a "rumor" floating around that Sean Payton may be out after this season.(FA atleast) Should try and lure him in. Then Brees would come follow him!

I'm not sure if this is wishful thinking or not, but any truth Polian might be the GM next year?

SFTC Addict is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.