HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy "Frankenstorm" @ New Jersey - Hold on to your butts

Old
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Last year I was pooing during Irene. It went pitch black. I didn't know what to do.
Funniest post in HFDevils history goes to a Ranger fan

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:30 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
THIS. If I made it a drinking game rule that I had to drink every time I hit a switch, I would have gotten plastered almost every day. But the bathroom was always the biggest one. Took one with lights on for just the 2nd time all week today. It was surprisingly refreshing.
My Mom got scared the one night. She was in our kitchen playing cards or something. I walked into the bathroom, flashlight in hand, literally repeating the phrase out loud "Don't hit the switch, don't hit the switch, don't hit the switch." I opened the bathroom door, hit the switch, yelled "GOD ****ING DAMMIT" and took the angriest crap of my life. My Mom thought I fell down the stairs.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I never understand the anger about electricity

The entire region was devastated ,, The fact that power is still out is not surprising given the wide area of destruction

Too many people today expect everything to be fixed right away from my experiences. This was a once in lifetime storm people should have stored up a week worth of supplies of food/water/batteries/etc
People are dicks and those who are, have the worst brought out in situations like this. I'm happy just to have a house standing and habitable after this monster of a storm, yet there's people biching, "Waah where's my power" or "Waaha where's my gas' or "waaah the line at Starbucks is too long!"

These will be the first ****ers to get eaten during the zombie apocalypse. Although they may just blend in standing on some random ass line staring down at their iphones aimlessly waiting for a signal and survive.

Mr.Krinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I'm probably not going home to vote now in NJ. Need to figure out how to do this email thing. Got told today our power is supposed to be back by 11/11 which I find to be bs so hopefully it comes back sooner than that.

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Funniest post in HFDevils history goes to a Ranger fan
Aww come on you guys don't dislike me st least!
And these stories are amazing. I.. I don't know how to deal with pitch black crapping. It gives me the willies. One false move and BAM. You either make someone think you fell down the stairs, are not sure of what to do, or you walk around with your pants around your ankles cause you can't see the belt/jean buttons.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Aww come on you guys don't dislike me st least!
And these stories are amazing. I.. I don't know how to deal with pitch black crapping. It gives me the willies. One false move and BAM. You either make someone think you fell down the stairs, are not sure of what to do, or you walk around with your pants around your ankles cause you can't see the belt/jean buttons.
You need more practice. It's easy once you know where everything is.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
You need more practice. It's easy once you know where everything is.
In my house in NJ, the toilet was in this narrow space. There was a sink/ counter in there. Jesus that caused me so much pain. That and when I broke the handle while flushing. The actual handle. Not the chain in the tank.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
In my house in NJ, the toilet was in this narrow space. There was a sink/ counter in there. Jesus that caused me so much pain. That and when I broke the handle while flushing. The actual handle. Not the chain in the tank.
Yikes.

The shower's opposite from my toilet, so I don't know that feel.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:34 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ What lovely dinner conversation this has devolved into....

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

The coversation topic of gentlemen

Old
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
A lot of babies will be born in 9 months in New Jersey.
I expect the birth rate has gone up in Canada too, due to the lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
The water in my building comes through an electric pump.
No electricity = no running water.
Same here, we have a well and an electric pump. So no water when the power goes down.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

still no work lulz..

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Czech Trio
from jersey

I just heard on the news that workers were turned away because the power companies didn't need anymore workers...say that to the people still without power!

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
PSA: Last night I heard Mayor Booker talking about many people not being able to get out to vote in the recovery or not knowing how they can vote given the devastation in NJ and he said to call
1-866-OUR-VOTE to find out how/where you can vote.

on a related note...

Did he really? Yes he did, and he did it stumping right here in Dayton OH of all places. Ohio always the butt of the joke.

Quote:
Mitt Romney: "Cleaning Up Hurricane Sandy Is Like Cleaning Up After a High-School Football Game"

Romney said, "I remember once we had a football field at my high school. The field was covered with rubbish and paper goods from people who'd had a big celebration there at the game. And there was a group of us there assigned to clean it up. And I thought, 'how are we going to clean up all the mess on this football field?' there were just a few of us. And the person responsible for organizing the effort said, 'Just line up along the yard lines. You go between the goal line and the 10-yard line, and the next person between the 10 and 20, and just walk down and do your lane. And if everybody cleans their lanes, we'll get it done. And so today, we're cleaning one lane if you will."
I was going to write an opinion but given this TaN is a not politics zone, I'll just leave it at the facts of what he said regarding the disaster. :/

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Romney also held a canned food drive in Ohio that his own aides bought most of the "donations" for. They distributed the goods to supporters arriving at a rally, and directed them to give the goods right back to Romney, creating the appearance of a successful drive for photo ops. This despite the fact that the Red Cross does not accept canned food donations, and prefers money or volunteers instead.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
VaxjoDevil

Sandy was like when my room was really messy once. I told my nanny to clean it up.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:43 AM
njdevil26

I had a friend tell me that Obama only showed up in NJ to show that he cared because it was an election year.... this is while Romney was in OHIO after the Hurricane. Some people just really have no sense of what reality is... Don't want to start a political discussion so I'll leave that up to you to figure out who that last statement is talking about.

I will also say that I don't agree with C. Christie on many political issues... but he's done an AWESOME job as our Governor with the hurricane. Gained a ton of respect for him... and I felt bad for him having to answer really dumb media questions yesterday like "When do you think the power will come back on for everyone?" or "How long will it take to count the votes in the election if it's done by hand?"

Or my favorite, "Are you worried about voter fraud if alternative methods have to be used in the election Tuesday?"

His answer: "You want to ask me about fraud while I'm standing in Hudson County?"

BOOM.

njdevil26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
battlingBard56

I could be mistaken on this because I heard it from somebody, but I heard that Romney wanted to fly into NJ to "survey the damage" with Christie, asked him as such and Christie essentially told him to stay the **** out of NJ, that he didn't want Romney attempting to politicize the tragedy in his state.

Speaking of Christie, I may not like the man, but he really gained my respect. Between Irene and now this, I'm now grateful to have him as our governor. Definitely don't have to like somebody to respect them.
Also, with him and Obama putting party lines aside in order to rebuild this area, it's proof what we can accomplish when we take political parties out of everything and just work together.

This storm brought out the worst in people. But it really brought out the best as well. That's the silver lining I'm finding through all of this suffering and chaos. Never have seen people so willing to help others, just because they want to and because we all have been affected in some way by this storm, some much (MUCH) worse than others.
It's united us.

battlingBard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Romney also held a canned food drive in Ohio that his own aides bought most of the "donations" for. They distributed the goods to supporters arriving at a rally, and directed them to give the goods right back to Romney, creating the appearance of a successful drive for photo ops. This despite the fact that the Red Cross does not accept canned food donations, and prefers money or volunteers instead.
That was exactly the thing I was going to say but self edited. It happened right here in Dayton too.

Ohio, the butt of all jokes for the next 48 hours. :/

As for Romney or Obama going into the disaster areas right now it's idiotic to do that. The security and logistic issues shut down everything and right now they just need to stay the hell away and let recovery happen. Christie actually commented about that in a retort to Giuliani's remarks berating Obama for not being front and center attending to the disaster in person rather than being on the campaign trail the last 4 days.

Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

So the majority of my town has power but not me. I just happen to be in the small part of town that works of the East Brunswick substation thats waiting on parts. They should just reroute us its not many.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
I could be mistaken on this because I heard it from somebody, but I heard that Romney wanted to fly into NJ to "survey the damage" with Christie, asked him as such and Christie essentially told him to stay the **** out of NJ, that he didn't want Romney attempting to politicize the tragedy in his state.
Yet he allowed Obama to come by and have a photo-op with him(unless that didn't take place anywhere in NJ)....

Give me a break....Chris Christie is a Obama-Supporter, Period. What he did with that Photo-op basically gave Barrack an official endorsement, nothing more. Unless Chris is naive enough to believe that Obama was there for altruistic reasons instead of just looking for an edge in the polls....

Anyway, let me stop there because Politics should not be brought up at a time like this(but I had to say my piece on this one)

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Christie is awesome. I'd love a Cuomo v. Christie election in 2016. Not sure who I would vote for, I really like both.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Last year I was pooing during Irene. It went pitch black. I didn't know what to do.
That's what I was doing when that earthquake hit over a year ago. When I was sitting there, in an upstairs bathroom, and felt the house shaking.... My first thoughts were that this is how I was going to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
My Mom got scared the one night. She was in our kitchen playing cards or something. I walked into the bathroom, flashlight in hand, literally repeating the phrase out loud "Don't hit the switch, don't hit the switch, don't hit the switch." I opened the bathroom door, hit the switch, yelled "GOD ****ING DAMMIT" and took the angriest crap of my life. My Mom thought I fell down the stairs.
The worst part is that after those times you still happen to hit it on the way out of the bathroom. That was the part that really drove me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Yet he allowed Obama to come by and have a photo-op with him(unless that didn't take place anywhere in NJ)....
It doesn't matter who the president is, how far away the nearest election is, or what parties the involved politicians represent. In any circumstance such as this, the current president is going to show up to that location because that's part of the job. Were some of the specific things Obama said, or how quickly he got out there impacted a bit by the timing of the election? Maybe. I couldn't say. But this could have happened in the middle of his term, or during a 2nd term, and the result ultimately would have been the same. Find me any other similar weather related disaster in this country where the president doesn't show up in the near future after it passes as part of the recovery. I don't care what party anyone supports. If you can't accept that much as fact then you're just lost.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Seriously, any Republican getting on Christie is lost. Obama is the current president and as such, empowered to give NJ federal aid. Romney isn't empowered to do jack until January - if then.

God forbid a Republican governor work with the Democratic president to make people's lives better, and show appreciation for it. That's what's wrong with this country, politics > everything else to too many people.

Funny how Romney says he's the only candidate that will work with the other side but god forbid someone else in his party do it, or give Obama credit for doing it in NJ.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Christie basically said the same thing yesterday, NJdevs26.

It is really stupid. I don't think Sandy cared if the home was occupied by Democrats or Republicans.

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote