HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Montreal-Chicago

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
  #51
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,936
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Habs give up an elite winger, an elite goaltender and a pile of high rated prospects.
On what world is Erik Cole elite?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
  #52
Chevrier
Registered User
 
Chevrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
I had to click on this thread to confirm my beliefs that these exact kinds of proposals are the most ridiculous around. Does post count really mean that much?

Chevrier is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
  #53
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
On what world is Erik Cole elite?
The world where he scores 35 goals, shapes Paciorettys & Desharnais's game and becomes a leader on the team.

Oh wait, that is this world :O

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:56 PM
  #54
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
On what world is Erik Cole elite?
In the same world where a guy who loses his starting job to a rookie goaltender is.

Playmaker09 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:56 PM
  #55
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 500
Cole is an "elite winger?"



Okay.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 10:58 PM
  #56
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,936
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
In the same world where a guy who loses his starting job to a rookie goaltender is.
Except this rookie goaltender is actually a sophomore who happens to have the highest sv% of any NHL goalie in history over 68 games.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:00 PM
  #57
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Cole is an "elite winger?"



Okay.
I know right! He was only in the top 15 players for goals scored in the league and beat every canuck by atleast 5.

I like jokes too!

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:10 PM
  #58
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,439
vCash: 500
You know what's a joke?

A player that has 6 goals in 43 playoff games being called elite.

Moore Money is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
  #59
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
They get an elite winger, an elite goaltender(which together would likely guarantee them making the playoffs for the forseeable future).

You also get a top goaltending prospect for your future. It sets the Habs up for now and later.
If habs win so much, why not keep those elite pieces on the other sides?

It's not like habs fans are asking for luongo and being upset at price. We're good with Price.

No interest in luongo even though he's an excellent goalie. Price just makes more sense. luongo has a shorter span left as a top goalie and a contract which does not match his remaining career as a legit #1.

This sets habs back big time. They don't have the team to compete to throw away the future. Luongo won't be good long enough for this to be a good deal for the habs and even then, we have price. Kane is a nice pick up but not at the cost of price.

The way I see it is:

Cole, 2nd, thrower>>Luongo
Price=Kane
Collberg=Lack

So habs lose.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:12 PM
  #60
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
You know what's a joke?

A player that has 6 goals in 43 playoffs games being called elite.
You're right, cole isn't elite but this deal is pretty bad for the habs anyway.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
  #61
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
You know what's a joke?

A player that has 6 goals in 43 playoff games being called elite.
I guess Thornton isn't an elite player either because he is pretty invisible in the playoffs aswell right? Are playoffs the only thing that matters in this discussion? Price must not be elite either because his record in the playoffs isn't great.

Good luck moving Lu.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
  #62
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I guess Thornton isn't an elite player either because he is pretty invisible in the playoffs aswell right? Are playoffs the only thing that matters in this discussion? Price must not be elite either because his record in the playoffs isn't great.

Good luck moving Lu.
Playoffs are all that matters to me because the Canucks need help scoring in the playoffs. I wouldn't be happy spending 4.5 of precious cap space on a guy that can't pot a single goal on an 18 game playoff run.

Yes, Joe Thornton is elite and a good playoff performer despite what people say around here.


Edit: to be fair to Cole, i'm sure his crappy playoff numbers have a lot to do with injury but it's not worth risking. The Canucks already have that risk with Booth.


Last edited by Moore Money: 11-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Moore Money is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
  #63
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Cole is elite winger
Like been said already 43 games in PO 14 points (6+8) 4.5 mil for 3 more years
Price is elite goalie
26 games in PO 9 wins - 6.5 mil for 5? 6 years

Let's see how they not getting upgraded
Patrick Kane
51 games in PO 52 points (20+32) 6.3 mil for 3 more years
Luongo
61 games in PO 33 wins - very bad contract brrr

So noone sees and upgrade I guess. Oh wait, they all headcases.

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:43 PM
  #64
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,000
vCash: 50
The Habs fans in this thread are hilarious. If you subtract age and contracts Luongo is nowhere near a downgrade to Price, the fact of the matter is Luongo has outperformed Price every year since Price took over the starting job in Montreal. I agree when you factor in age and contract yes Price is much more valuable, but based on skill level alone Lu is juat as good if not better.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
  #65
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,000
vCash: 50
And if Erik Cole is considered an elite winger, Alex Burrows should as well. Burrows has actually consistently scored at the 30 goal pace while Cole has done it 1

Horvat2Virtanen is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
  #66
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
The Habs fans in this thread are hilarious. If you subtract age and contracts Luongo is nowhere near a downgrade to Price, the fact of the matter is Luongo has outperformed Price every year since Price took over the starting job in Montreal. I agree when you factor in age and contract yes Price is much more valuable, but based on skill level alone Lu is juat as good if not better.
I consider Price superior to Schneider and if vancouver fans consider Schneider>Luongo then that's that. Personally, I feel Luongo>>Schneider anyway.

Anyway, if you dont factor age and contract you aren't doing fair value. Luongo will decline soon.

Also, habs have pacioretty, subban, price all within similar age. So we should disrupt our plan for the future because we can have Luongo now? Who cares.

In 1-2 years we're screwed. Keep lack and luongo, we have price. We'd make a deal around kane though but that won't happen without anyone significant going other way. We understand that so we won't push and won't ask.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
  #67
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
And if Erik Cole is considered an elite winger, Alex Burrows should as well. Burrows has actually consistently scored at the 30 goal pace while Cole has done it 1
No, burrows his 30 goals once, cole hit it twice.

I'm not saying cole is elite, because he isn't, but that fact is wrong.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
  #68
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Cole is elite winger
Like been said already 43 games in PO 14 points (6+8) 4.5 mil for 3 more years
Price is elite goalie
26 games in PO 9 wins - 6.5 mil for 5? 6 years

Let's see how they not getting upgraded
Patrick Kane
51 games in PO 52 points (20+32) 6.3 mil for 3 more years
Luongo
61 games in PO 33 wins - very bad contract brrr

So noone sees and upgrade I guess. Oh wait, they all headcases.
"we're trying to get rid of luongo, take him!! PLEASEEE! while he's still elite!!! PLEASE, TORONTO? MONTREAL? FLORIDA? ANYBODY?"

Nah, we're good.

If we want kane then price and kane is a good deal(although we need price more). Why the hell we want Luongo and lack is beyond me. Habs have a chance of making a young core, not unlike chicago's, and we need to sell young in a position we need because? Sure, we win with kane, but in 2 years luongo is 35 and declining while price hits his prime and habs lose some more.

Really, no thanks. Just don't ask for price and we're good. Honestly, lets just go into a fantasy land where price sucks. We're not offering him, we're not being unreasonable. We want to keep our 'garbage', we won't force you to take him or demand more. We like it, let it be.

That being said, if you laugh at Price being elite, please don't say Schneider is after.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM
  #69
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,936
vCash: 5555
What about Kane for Price then Pacioretty for Schneider?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
  #70
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 50
The proposed trade is way too complicated, but at least it's different.

The utter over reactions from Montreal's fans are just nuts. Price is elite, but Luongo is garbage. Luongo is aging, but Cole is elite and fits the core. Kane's nice, but the Habs want a younger core.

I mean...I thought Vancouver was conceding a lot more then Montreal, or that at least it would be Chicago shouting this down for not wanting to move Kane.

HF is still full of surprises.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:39 AM
  #71
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
"we're trying to get rid of luongo, take him!! PLEASEEE! while he's still elite!!! PLEASE, TORONTO? MONTREAL? FLORIDA? ANYBODY?"

Nah, we're good.

If we want kane then price and kane is a good deal(although we need price more). Why the hell we want Luongo and lack is beyond me. Habs have a chance of making a young core, not unlike chicago's, and we need to sell young in a position we need because? Sure, we win with kane, but in 2 years luongo is 35 and declining while price hits his prime and habs lose some more.

Really, no thanks. Just don't ask for price and we're good. Honestly, lets just go into a fantasy land where price sucks. We're not offering him, we're not being unreasonable. We want to keep our 'garbage', we won't force you to take him or demand more. We like it, let it be.

That being said, if you laugh at Price being elite, please don't say Schneider is after.
H-m not sure what was that. Tons of letters and attempts to be sarcastic and maybe .... funny?
I don't care what will happened to Lu or Schneider, couldn't care less. I don't even like Vancouver as a team. I was stating the fact that Montreal wins in this trade. I've went as far as bringing players stats, as a reply I get a monolog of your personal opinion. Well it doesn't work as an argument. You think Price is elite goalie? I don't. Who lives in a fantasy land? IDK you tell me, I showed you the numbers. Elite goalies don't lose 2/3 of their PO games. Even when habs made a run to east conference finals it wasn't Price who took them there it was Halak. But you can live in your dream where Price is awesome but please don't force other people to believe this, we all have eyes can use database sites and do understand hockey as much as Habs fans believe that they are THE experts

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:42 AM
  #72
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
What about Kane for Price then Pacioretty for Schneider?
I'd need to see Schneider play a full season as a starter to consider it. It's better than original but I'd stick to what I know obviously. I feel montreal loses as is but I will say it has potential to be an even deal. Still, no point in changing for even is there?

Montreal has 2 fan favorites in pacioretty and price(along with subban and others of course) and see no reason to trade them for underpayments and even in cases of fair deals. They aren't for sale and I won't go around saying you should give up this or that. I'd rather not talk about it unless there's an overpayment. No offense to any Vancouver fan, I maintain luongo is an excellent goalie but were happy as we are. Please don't do the car salesman on us and try to sell us something

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:43 AM
  #73
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
H-m not sure what was that. Tons of letters and attempts to be sarcastic and maybe .... funny?
I don't care what will happened to Lu or Schneider, couldn't care less. I don't even like Vancouver as a team. I was stating the fact that Montreal wins in this trade. I've went as far as bringing players stats, as a reply I get a monolog of your personal opinion. Well it doesn't work as an argument. You think Price is elite goalie? I don't. Who lives in a fantasy land? IDK you tell me, I showed you the numbers. Elite goalies don't lose 2/3 of their PO games. Even when habs made a run to east conference finals it wasn't Price who took them there it was Halak. But you can live in your dream where Price is awesome but please don't force other people to believe this, we all have eyes can use database sites and do understand hockey as much as Habs fans believe that they are THE experts
K well keep him. He was never for sale.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:46 AM
  #74
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust
 
Back in 94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If you ignore the fact that Cole had 19 more goals, 31 more points, over 100 more hits, and almost 100 more shots, then yeah. Pretty similar.
Never said their offensive numbers were the same last year.... although Booth did miss 22 games due to injury so that's why his totals were low this year.

When I said similar I mean that they play an identical game, same position, contract situation etc.

Vancouver doesn't need Erik Cole.

Back in 94 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:47 AM
  #75
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,830
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Never said their offensive numbers were the same last year.... although Booth did miss 22 games due to injury so that's why his totals were low this year.

When I said similar I mean that they play an identical game, same position, contract situation etc.

Vancouver doesn't need Erik Cole.
Montreal and Vancouver are actually terrible trading partners. Have no idea why were in a trade together.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.