HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part V: Locks, Cocks, Fox, and Box And Two Smoking Barrels Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Jcresty how much do you make doing that..lol

Old
11-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

JCresty what do you play online? Cash, SNG or MTT? Stakes? Did you move to Canada so you coud play?

I'm flying up to Toronto on Friday to grind this opening weekend on Tilt. I have 2 cousins that have a combined $6 million in tournament winnings. Black Friday screwed me, I've had to resort to weekly Connecticut trips to grind $1/$2

Old
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i play thru betonline, sucks that fulltilt is gone though
It's back and operated by Pokerstars and no , you should be happy that it's gone. It was operated horribly and it wasn't a very ethical businses. The DOJ will tell you it's a ponzi scheme but it's not. It is however, a poorly operated business.

Pokerstars on the other hand is significantly better financially and their business model is one that is far superior and a lot more dependable.

Stars bought and rescued FullTilt and the US players who haven't been paid back yet when the US FT accounts froze, are going to be paid by Stars in time.

Old FT MGMT = condemned in the poker world
PS MGMT =

Old
11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Jcresty how much do you make doing that..lol
Somewhere around $120K a year on about 30hrs/week. I know It's quite a bit but I've been at it since I was 10 and luckily for me I learned the game the right way BEFORE the whole "Chris Moneymaker Revolution" and every amateur player was indoctrinated with all the wrong fundamentals and understanding of the game. For example, it was made out to look like a math game or a bluff game when it's all about consistent fundamentals and much more of a thinking game and a game of introspection.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Somewhere around $120K a year on about 30hrs/week. I know It's quite a bit but I've been at it since I was 10 and luckily for me I learned the game the right way BEFORE the whole "Chris Moneymaker Revolution" and every amateur player was indoctrinated with all the wrong fundamentals and understanding of the game. For example, it was made out to look like a math game or a bluff game when it's all about consistent fundamentals and much more of a thinking game and a game of introspection.
Nice money...I suck at poker though

Old
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Teach me.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Teach me.
Me too.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
It's back and operated by Pokerstars and no , you should be happy that it's gone. It was operated horribly and it wasn't a very ethical businses. The DOJ will tell you it's a ponzi scheme but it's not. It is however, a poorly operated business.

Pokerstars on the other hand is significantly better financially and their business model is one that is far superior and a lot more dependable.

Stars bought and rescued FullTilt and the US players who haven't been paid back yet when the US FT accounts froze, are going to be paid by Stars in time.

Old FT MGMT = condemned in the poker world
PS MGMT =
so all in all, is there any way to play for money in the US right now?

Old
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
JCresty what do you play online? Cash, SNG or MTT? Stakes? Did you move to Canada so you coud play?

I'm flying up to Toronto on Friday to grind this opening weekend on Tilt. I have 2 cousins that have a combined $6 million in tournament winnings. Black Friday screwed me, I've had to resort to weekly Connecticut trips to grind $1/$2
Black Friday screwed everyone
Sunday Millions have yet to recover even with the flood of horrible Russian Players emptying their hard earned money and the Russian Economy

I don't even care about the MTT scene as much as I do about the overwhelming amount of weird Russian play. I'm 20 and I started playing online 7 years ago and illegally so. I didn't move to Canada, I've lived here since the get go. I'm on a poker sabbatical lately to take some time off and unwind and catch up on school a bit and one reason is because I'm been screwing around too much playing games that I don't normally play in my cycle. I started 7 years ago playing A LOT of SNGs and over the years as Turbo 6-max games started happening, I jumped on that and make a nice living even with SNGs where the profit swings are not that great which is good and bad since the money is always hard earned a little by a little. After a few years, I started playing MTTs regularly and it the transition lends itself well and during the roaring years of online poker, I shipped tournaments here and there and won a few of the classic tournaments on Stars (I'm not sure if you're familiar since you played on FT which I never liked from the get go). 2 Nightly Hundred Grands (After Black Friday, it's not the Nightly 30K ) and a Wednesday Quarter Million etc. etc. and since Black Friday happened (and a little before that happened) I started to pick up a lot of limit games and got tired of NLH and the repetitive and somewhat deplorable NLH scene so I started playing a lot of HORSE and 8-game mix and fell in love with FLH and PLO and then there was a wave where a lot of PLO cash was played at lower $.5/$1 and $1/$2 levels until I was a year and a bit seasoned and I consider myself a pretty good thinker and pretty solid fundamentally so I started trending up in stakes in PLO cash to $2/$4 and $3/$6 etc. lately however (since school started in Sept), my energy level has taken a toll and I've been playing really random tournaments here and there and I'm not really multi-tabling the way I should be and I'm just... basically having fun and playing 1 table of a higher stakes PLO Cash and also playing the weekly $109 Limit game tournaments (Razz, HORSE, Stud, S H/L etc.) and a lot of hyper-turbo heads up SNG LOL and it's been up and down as I expected considering I'm fooling around. I never understood how Grayson Physioc does that Aside from that, it's usually a Turbo $55 or $109 tournament here and there.

Anyway, a simple answer would be... everything really. If I had to pick, I'm best as an MTT player (which sort of implies SNG as well) but I'm been playing quite a bit of PLO cash.

Last edited by Cresto: 11-04-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
so all in all, is there any way to play for money in the US right now?
Not in a real way. There are loop holes but you'll end up on shady sites with really poor business models and it's just not worth it

The overall consensus is around another 2 years before online poker in the US gets the go again.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

I had someone that was a year younger than me who I tried to teach 4 years ago. Let's just say he was down a couple thousands and that went to hell never again It's like painting or cooking. It's something you can pick up anytime you want but to make a living doing it, you have to put your life into it and really work at it. Also, some people aren't cut out to be artists (that'd be me) and even less people are capable of playing career poker.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post

Why not Stars?!?!
The whole FullTilt is better than Stars crap 5 years ago annoyed me to hell. Stars > FT. For cash games, FT is better BUT it's not like we're playing nosebleeds with $250,000 buy-ins

some say Stars has more idiots but I never really minded that because playing SNGs and Tournaments, they sort themselves out. I can see how that might be annoying in cash.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I expect a birthday party a la HF for me on the 17th.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
There will be 2 birthdays: yours and the CBA's.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
There will be 2 birthdays: yours and the CBA's.
oh really?

Old
11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
The overall consensus is around another 2 years before online poker in the US gets the go again.
well that really sucks

Old
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Niagara Falls or Toronto trip.

Do it.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
oh really?
OMG I will be so happy
Machinehead can visit with reason now! and Silver can return for nostalgia!

Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 11-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really? We didn't even celebrate you last year!

Welcome to the Nov. 17th club.

Joining me, Loffen, and kaneone's mom

Old
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Really? We didn't even celebrate you last year!

Welcome to the Nov. 17th club.

Joining me, Loffen, and kaneone's mom
Awwwwww yeeaaah. So many people I know were born in the 17th

Old
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Mine is on the 17th as well! March though...

Old
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I need to pick up some healthier vices.

11-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I need to pick up some healthier vices.
That's up to you, Nick.
I had my vices and I didn't like em. Took me a few long years to quit em.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Cheapthroat took a hilarious shot at Torts the other day

Quote:
Anyways, as I sat there, watching this majestic sky coloured by the dust on the horizon and watched steel blue waves crash dramatically against jutting rocks, i could help but think how powerfully I hate John Tortorella. I feel like if he were here he’d be complaining that the sun wasn’t setting the right way, and that the waves weren’t crashing into the corners hard enough and then I thought that if he were here, I would feel like that scene in Return of the Jedi where Darth Vader throws Emperor lazer fingers into the Death Star generator and I would throw John Tortorella over this Italian cliff and think of nothing but washing down tonight’s gnocchi with something red and expensive.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
That's up to you, Nick.
I had my vices and I didn't like em. Took me a few long years to quit em.
How do you know my name?

Who are you!?

Closed Thread